PDA

View Full Version : system requirements

Rykarn
03-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I do not know if there is posible to answer this question right now, but I wonder what system requirements you need to the game

Jean=A=Luc
03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Heh, the system reqs. aren't known yet. I expect you'll need a decent pc but not an uber one, the kind that would take to run Crysis for example.

SPARROW94
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
crysis sheesh even an ps3 can run that

monsterfurby
03-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Heh, the system reqs. aren't known yet. I expect you'll need a decent pc but not an uber one, the kind that would take to run Crysis for example.

Agree. I suppose RAM would be the main point here, as it is in most Strategy games. Possibly a good GPU wouldn't be wrong either, but it won't have to be the newest uber-512MB-Graphics Chip.
Processor power is not really a problem anymore nowadays...

SPARROW94
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
UMMM HELP RIGHT WHEN I STARTED TYPING I GOT MY VIRUS DETECTOR UP AND SOME THREAT POPED UP AND A POP UP!!!!

alright wtf is wrong with this web site the pop is ****ing weird and the threat is big time !!!!!!

Jean=A=Luc
03-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Maybe it's the site's anti-spam protection. :p

†TYRANICK†™
04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
crysis sheesh even an ps3 can run that

Offtopic but, let me clear up.

No offense and no mean to troll but, you should do your research. Crytek specifically said them selves: "The Xbox 360 and PS3, respectively, do not offer the sufficient power". Mainly because the PS3 and 360 both do not use a physical or emulatible form of replicating or producing DX10 quality processing power.

And show some respect, its one of...if not still, currently the most graphically and processer intensive games around (and a friggin awesome game at that)...should see some of the configs mate :P. (Until far cry 2 or maybe even DOF comes out hehe :D)

@ Your problem

Dont blame this site for your AV software, all clean and plain saling here. Nothing wrong with the site.

ONTOPIC lol:

From what ive seen I would assume we could be talking...minimun of:

3ghz
1 gig ram
7800 geforce + or equivilent

Recommended:

2-2.2 dual or quad
1.5-2 gigs ram
8 series or above/equivilent

Or something like that performance wise, would guess at around 8-12 gigs in size too lol.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I am glad to say that we are aiming way lower. Even at this point at development:

Recomended:
CPU: Dual 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 GB, VID: 7800 GForce, 2gigs HD space.

Minimal
CPU: Anything Dual, 1.8 Ghz+. RAM: 1 GB. VID: Anything with 128mbs of visual memory, and Shader V2 support.

This is not official info, just what runs the game right now.

†TYRANICK†™
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I am glad to say that we are aiming way lower. Even at this point at development:

Recommended:
CPU: Dual 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 GB, VID: 7800 GForce

Minimal
CPU: Anything Dual, 1.8 Ghz+. RAM: 1 GB. VID: Anything with 128mbs of visual memory, and Shader V2 support.

Wow really? Interesting.

Then again...i cant see several 1000 units on screen at once with siege and arrows and fire and flames and soot and smoke and debris and destruction of walls and buildings and chunks of wood, rock, metal, flesh flying around back and forth, wont take some performance hit on that kind of system at max settings w/ 1280x1024 + or w/e :D :D :D

But that would be quite an achievement though...

BTW, wheres this other new video preview we were supposed to get like...3 or 4 months ago? Not to rush anything but, you did mention one :p

borbask
04-09-2008, 03:50 AM
I know that the requirements are not official yet, but if it didn't become too much higher, it would be a great pleasure to me and as well as to everyone i think.:)

Puppeteer
04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
2.4 Ghz RAM

darn... 2.01 not good enough :( :)

frankein_fish
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Heh 3.5 here :rolleyes:
Only one consern tough, how will this game look graphical with so low requirments?
Asking since system reqs. isnt much of a problem to me

The Witch King of Angmar
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
On RTSC I saw a video with low graphics on and it still looked good. Unfortunatly, that video is gone. :(

Tynesider
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Recomended:
CPU: Dual 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 GB, VID: 7800 GForce, 2gigs HD space.

Minimal

Does this positively rule out good computer with none dual core.

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Anything single-core with 3.0+ is good.

Joseph Visscher
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
My old pc had a single core 2.6ghz CPU, and a geforce 6600 128 mb vid, 2gb ram, and it ran pretty damn well with just 1 cpu core. so dont let that duel core crap get you down if you only have a single core there is a big chance you will be able to run it fine.
although that may very well change, but right now, yea where trying to keep this game built for lower grade computers.

And know what also, that really old pc I had, ( it was the best of the best like in 01-02 or somthing) it's powersupply and video card was breaking down, overheatings, freezing, etc, on everything/every game, and it still ran dof pretty damn good, although it would freeze every now and then like it did with any other game; man that pc burned! muahahahha pis of crap. but the fact of the matter is that it ran dof even when it's video card was literly on fire...

†TYRANICK†™
04-12-2008, 10:11 AM
So...your talking a broad scale of compatibility then? That's good to here, specially for lower end users, but...

I would like to see some content that can push my system to its limit...I'm amazed that games such as crysis and UT3 on max settings fail to bog down my system. (30+ avg w/ 8x AA on crysis (60+ off), and around 120+ on UT3, but I vsync so it stays capped to 60, and yes that's w/ 32 players and on the biggest maps :D). I need a challenge! lol :p

So far though the game is looking pretty dam good, only concerns i have ATM are the unit models and the terrain it self...but then again your not even into beta yet so im not worried, im sure it will look tyrannical upon release :D

Puppeteer
04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
man I need a computer like yours... mine struggles to run heroes of might and magic 3!! :D lol jk I kid, I kid of course, it's a good laptop for it's price esp.

†TYRANICK†™
04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
man I need a computer like yours... mine struggles to run heroes of might and magic 3!! lol jk I kid, I kid of course, it's a good laptop for it's price esp.

Love my comp, has its probs of course but then again we all do.

But mainly because ive got such stupid amounts of AV and Firewalls and security settings enabled it can be hard to breath at times for my comp, but this is mainly because in my earlier newbie years, i didn't really care for AV or anything like that and got tons of viruses and threats and stuff. Now for some reason all these security scanners (the ones that work haha) keep saying things like "Your computer appears to not even exist on the Internet" and things like "sorry for the long waiting on the scan, but this is very good news because it shows your machine is extremely good and preventing nearly all forms of unknown pinging and information requesting services" and meanwhile am like "wtf? lol if you say so ". Honest to god that's true...+ its proven because i never get viruses anymore :D unless im stupid enough to accidentally turn my stuff off *cough* happened once *cough* :rolleyes:

Majorly off topic sorry :p

Anywho...I could do with a good laptop, i get bored easily in the real world hehe need to bring my games and work with me, work a little bit on a Uni essay, then take a break for some UT3 online w00t ><! hehe :D

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 10:55 AM
lmao.. who needs dow for pc...just get it for xbox360 so peeps dont need to worry about ya'll rigs being strong enough.....GAME OVER

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
lmao.. who needs dow for pc...just get it for xbox360 so peeps dont need to worry about ya'll rigs being strong enough.....GAME OVER

Because...its a game "primarily" for PC... Which means, it will come out first for PC so naturally will be attuned to better enthrall the customers.

Besides it's already been stated that, there's going to be a large scale in mind for new and older machines.

Which is good because it condones the sheer amount of support this game has/will/ and will continue to have :D.

Congrats in advance Reverie ^^. Lets all hope you deliver on the big day, which I'm extremely confident you will do, so no probs :D

Puppeteer
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
o PCs have better specs then xbox360s, or PS3s for that matter
o you can't mod on xbox360s
o you (may not be able to)/cannot map on it

Tynesider
04-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Anything single-core with 3.0+ is good.

Thanks you've put my mind at rest as am really looking forward to this game, Hope It doesn't die like "Society"

lord_farquad
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I doubt it will. Though I've been wrong about games dying before. But most of those weren't as well received as this one.

Along the lines of what was mentioned earlier... I would definitely want some options to take my PC to the limit. I haven't found anything that I can't run on full settings (besides crysis with 16QAA anti-aliasing). That tends to slow me down to about 35fps. But even that I can live with. I would really like to see the unit models get bumped up a bit. They seem very... 2004ish, but at the same time keeping a low minimum system req is really nice (like with HL2, or SoSE)

Diggz
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Woohoo! I can run this game!