PDA

View Full Version : Heroes in Dawn of Fantasy

Dijia37
12-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I think it would be awesome to have some form of customizable Heroes. I haven't heard anything saying there is so I thought I would bring it up and see what everyone thought on the matter.

Vigilus
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I totally agree. I think you should be able to customize your hero from the beginning at the race selection screen when starting a new city.

Bluecewe
12-19-2010, 06:00 PM
I have to say that it's an interesting concept. Only problem is that the hero system could easily fall flat as being nothing unique other than a look if somebody finds "the perfect combination" of points for certian hero strengths.

it would be good to see the points that build up a hero's skills be gained randomly, depending on how you fight your battles and other strategies you employ. There may still be some ways to attempt to get "the best hero", but at least this system would make heroes not exactly the same.

Dijia37
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
They could have a level system that differs depending on your tendencies, for instance having you level in combat the more you kill or leveling in tactics for commanding your troops.

Reklama
12-21-2010, 05:08 AM
If we will have castles, we could have lords, which rule there and get exp and lvl, when your army is in the battle. In every 5 or 10 lvl we could get new buildings for castle and equipment for army.

Berd
01-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Lords would be a cool idea.

Alex Walz
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
All units will be able to level up.

As for hero customization, we're not ready to discuss this quite yet, but it is something we definitely want to see. The level of detail will not be as significant as that of an RPG editor, but we hope to have various weapons and armour available as well as some other assets boosting individual stats.

nobby
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
heroes? Lords?? KINGS BABY KINGs check my crown

Thunderborn
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
If I was a girl I think you would excite me as it is I am having hard time coping with my feeling about you when you reveal information :P Heroes are sounding good.

modernatomic
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Perhaps some kind of trait list for Heroes, both negative and positive that can be chosen from (say, on level up, or every 5 levels etc.) would be fun. One of the interesting things in the Total War series from Medieval on was the traits your generals/lords could gain; I wouldn't want the full random nature from TW replicated, but perhaps your choices of traits could be affected by your actions in game (Warlike traits for engaging in lots of battles, Management traits for well, managing). Choosing a negative trait could add points to another stat or open up other choices, leading to some interesting decisions.

Narfi
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
im not a big fan of hero units in RTS games, especially when i look at the ammount of units fighting in these videos.

units that level up, these magic units with many diffrent spells, sounds like enough micro already :)

Jolleyboy
01-21-2011, 12:57 AM
I second the post above. I hope that the heroes don't become like Warcraft 3 and become the focus of every battle. (yes, I know, you have to support them with troops, but really, at the end of the day, the game really was about using your hero effectively) They're a nice addition, and will be cool as a leader of troops, but as something that can take on many other units solo... I hope not.

DirtEaterr
01-21-2011, 01:27 AM
Totaly aggre with idea. Custom maked heroes with many and difirent skills could make this game more awesome!

furanlost
01-21-2011, 03:42 PM
What I'm curious about is how one would go about getting a hero. Would it be a random event? or maybe through a quest? or will it be bought via micro transaction item shop? The last one would be annoying if it was the only option.

szebus
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
It should be a tavern built in the hometown where the player could choose a hero for hire.

GoGoCactusMan!
01-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm wondering if your starting Hero is supposed to be you, as the leader of your kingdom, rather than some random bloke. It would make sense, that the large part of the RPG mechanics would be taking place through you and your in game avatar.

Would also make sense if this were the case for some larger scale battles, making your hero a figurehead and a target of assassination.

furanlost
01-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Alright then it is like another game I played. So the tavern is either going to have new heroes every x amount of hours and will be randomly generated?

GPS51
01-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure where you guys got the idea of the tavern hang out but I don't believe that's accurate. I'm not sure there's a tavern in the game anywhere.

Rhino
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
In my opinion i believe that each player should have one hero and that hero would be the leader of the faction. For example your king who rules over everything. To have lots of heroes would make the game a bit too complicated since you would have to be mangaging your economy constantly but also you would have to train your hero.

Hurryforcurry
01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Will the hero system be like King Arthur or like the new Shogun 2 total war?

kingdominic
01-22-2011, 02:19 PM
can i have a hero of another race ??? like if im a Elf can i have a human hero ??

Barca
01-23-2011, 01:59 AM
can i have a hero of another race ??? like if im a Elf can i have a human hero ??

That'd be kinda funny and then other races could call him a traitor for working for the other side. Sorry im just a jerk at heart. ^.^

Verrenth
01-23-2011, 07:05 AM
I would have to agree with some previous posters i hope the hero units aren't so overpowered as they can take out squads by themselves, it would take away from the game as far as i am concerned.

Th3 Mastodon
01-23-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm wondering if your starting Hero is supposed to be you, as the leader of your kingdom, rather than some random bloke. It would make sense, that the large part of the RPG mechanics would be taking place through you and your in game avatar.

Would also make sense if this were the case for some larger scale battles, making your hero a figurehead and a target of assassination.

Great idea. I think this could really work for a game like this:cool:

luizeba
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Heroes take a lot of time to manage. I prefer just 'normal' units.

GoGoCactusMan!
01-24-2011, 12:48 AM
I would have to agree with some previous posters i hope the hero units aren't so overpowered as they can take out squads by themselves, it would take away from the game as far as i am concerned.

Its been said somewhere that while the Hero Units are powerful, they are not wholly battle turning units that can take on entire squads of men single handed, so you've nothing to worry about there.

Gongora
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
For Heros or Leaders of a division of units it would be interest to have them be able to give the entire squad abilitys rather than be elite and strong themselfs.

What I mean by that is for example: A leader of a squad maybe just as strong as your other units but is experienced to form that squad into attack formations to do different tactical moves on the enemy, stuff your normal units may not do on their own. I am not sure how hard it is to move around all your units at once in different spots to be tactical rather then selecting them all in a pile and moving them from point A to point B as most players do in a RTS as its just *easier* rather then moving your squads in all different direction to corner, surround or flank enemy positions. Aslo leader could provide *buff* like status to increase exp, or stats of any kind to help make the game even in more in depth...this would add a new objective for the enemy... killing your leaders to weaken your experienced units abilitys!

Just a thought...

Dijia37
03-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Another idea is to have your Hero be a single unit but you can assign him to a battalion to enhance the group (ect. Achilles and his Myrmidons) and have them level as a group.

Watari
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
What about your hero staying at home and just gives a minimal global buff to all units?
Ok I think you want you hero fighting in first row..
Than my question is: could the hero just become a close combat soldier or could he also be a mage or archer
Hmmm no I like the idea of a "general" staying back and maybe buffing, just in case defending himself.

But I want to change the optic of this hero, when he represent me in the world of Mythador.
(clothing, weapon, face, figure and so)

Alex Walz
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm afraid that we cannot answer questions regarding heroes and customization at the current time. We do have some pretty big plans, but until they are closer to implementation, we do not want to go into too much detail. We will, however, try to provide a first glimpse of some of the new human hero and NPC units tomorrow.

What I mean by that is for example: A leader of a squad maybe just as strong as your other units but is experienced to form that squad into attack formations to do different tactical moves on the enemy, stuff your normal units may not do on their own. I am not sure how hard it is to move around all your units at once in different spots to be tactical rather then selecting them all in a pile and moving them from point A to point B as most players do in a RTS as its just *easier* rather then moving your squads in all different direction to corner, surround or flank enemy positions. Aslo leader could provide *buff* like status to increase exp, or stats of any kind to help make the game even in more in depth...this would add a new objective for the enemy... killing your leaders to weaken your experienced units abilitys!
Every battalion has a number of battle formations they can arrange themselves in at any point. Elven formations work a bit differently, but human and orc unit have a couple generic formations and one specific to each unit. These formations greatly increase your units' defense or attack for a short period of time until their stamina runs out.

Battalions can't technically be paired with heroes, but you can task select units to form a defense circle around your hero to protect him and in turn, your hero can use his abilities, such as Mass Heal, to protect those troops.

LilTheo
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I'd be alright without heroes, but that's just me.

Revenger571
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Yea, cool idea i would really want to custimize my hero :D

mafrabr
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
i think heroes isnt good... in my opinion, a king and your commanders is better than a hero. cause a castle the king lives !

marokgd
03-12-2011, 08:08 AM
each old story got its hero ! :> : D i dont mind the idea if its gonna work and heroes not gonna pwn all castles alone ....like ninja castle and gg