PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Scrolls V:Skyrim

Tamiel
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
The fifth elder scrolls has finally been announced Due to come out 11th of November in America and 30th of November Everywhere else.
watch the trailer at :http://www.elderscrolls.com
What's your thoughts?

Henry Martin
12-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Well Elder scrolls 4 was the first one out of the series that I played, and while its a great game, it just didn't draw me in like some others. I'm also sad there are no dwarves in the lore:(. But I do look forward to see how 5 will turn out. So will I'm not excited about it, it will be on my radar.

Espadachim
12-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The TES series are awesome. I cannot have enough of Oblivion.

My favorite race are the Redguards, BTW. Nice to beat the hell out of the others. :D

Will post more when I see the trailer.

Aothane
12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
there are actually Dwarves according to Elder Scroll lore, just that they were mostly extinct come Morrowind and to my knowledge unaccounted for in Oblivion.

Morrowind would probably be my favourite rpg experience, Oblivion was better in some technical respects but compromised much of the atmosphere and setting which distinguished Morrowind. It remains to be seen what happens with the next Elder Scrolls games.

Henry Martin
12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
there are actually Dwarves according to Elder Scroll lore, just that they were mostly extinct come Morrowind and to my knowledge unaccounted for in Oblivion.

Morrowind would probably be my favourite rpg experience, Oblivion was better in some technical respects but compromised much of the atmosphere and setting which distinguished Morrowind. It remains to be seen what happens with the next Elder Scrolls games.

let me rephrase it. I read the lore on dwarves in the elder scroll world. They aren't the typical styled migdets with large beards and live in a mine.

Espadachim
12-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I've barely played Morrowind. A pity. I wish I had. But, as I have said, I love Oblivion (well, maybe except the leveling system, which is a bit odd). There's several ways of playing, customising your character. (Which Morrowind also had.) My main quest is delayed until I reach level 20+.

But on to Skyrim, I couldn't understand the trailer very well. The Empire collapsed after the Oblivion Crisis? The focus is in fighting 'dragonborns'?

(The lore of TES is amazing. It's inconventional and awesome in everything. :D

First off, both the dwarves (dwemer) and orcs (orsimer) are 'elves', as all the elves have mer: high elf (altmer), wood elf (bosmer) and dark elf (dunmer).

Next, there are several human races, instead of them being a single thing: Redguard, Nord, Imperial and Breton.)

alpha30ns
12-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Awesome, i have waited a long time for this to come out....

i really hope it features some sort of multiplayer support

an mmo like oblivion would be the best game of all time... OF ALL TIME! lol

Espadachim
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
It would be strange to see a multiplayer feature in this sort of game. That, and seeing players named Illcrushyou, deathstriker123, 1337pwnzorzr, and these sort of things. :(

Kire
12-14-2010, 02:51 AM
I wish it will have more massive battles =) and more real castle siege.

Aothane
12-14-2010, 03:45 AM
yeah I would not be too inclined for multiplayer, unless there were specific modes, or just a deathmatch server arena (see Dark Messiah as example). The rpg, exploration, questing etc aspects to the game are already well developed according to single-player parameters.

xenophone
12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
peralta is here too? should be more surprised

Espadachim
12-15-2010, 03:01 PM
*gasp*

You!?

xenophone
12-15-2010, 11:44 PM
*gasp*

You!?

yeah me! I stopped the forum on their fb page. so you and goo are here? any one else?

and yet you guys don't play Mafia!?

alpha30ns
12-16-2010, 02:56 AM
geez i cant believe so many people wouldnt want multiplayer :confused: :D

but you have to admit atleast having co-op would be nice... because, for me, after a while i was lonely in oblivion.... :(

Espadachim
12-16-2010, 11:13 AM
yeah me! I stopped the forum on their fb page. so you and goo are here? any one else?

and yet you guys don't play Mafia!?Yeah, but talk about the TES series, not mafia!

Coop like Battlespire? Hmm...

Swift sword
12-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, can't say I love TES seeing as I've only played Oblivion. But I loved Oblivion (I don't know how many times I said "Whoa! What a beast!"
or "Wow...that was the coolest quest ever," while playing it) so I can only assume I'll love ES V as well. Definitely more than a blip on my radar :p.

Out of curiosity (and if this is off topic, I apologize) how is Morrowind different from Oblivion? I've seen more people say they like Morrowind more than Oblivion (and that Oblivion is trash in comparison) than the other way around, so I am vaguely interested in that awesome game's predecessor.

To get even more off topic, I've also seen many people say (on boards) that Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time from the Zelda series, and that's so wrong (in my opinion, of course. Hate to shove opinions down people's throats) it's not even funny. Just curious to see if this is a similar case.

Wow, lot's of parenthesis in that comment. :o

Froot_Joose
12-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Oblivion is probably the best video game I've ever played. I couldn't believe my eyes when Skyrim was announced and it still hasn't fully occurred to me. I think co-op would be cool but that's as far as they should go with multiplayer.

Out of curiosity (and if this is off topic, I apologize) how is Morrowind different from Oblivion? I've seen more people say they like Morrowind more than Oblivion (and that Oblivion is trash in comparison) than the other way around, so I am vaguely interested in that awesome game's predecessor.

Morrowind's game world is ridiculously massive and there is more content. Oblivion, in my opinion, is better in every other way. If they make Skyrim like they made Morrowind, then that in addition with the all new engine, will make me cry(tears of joy).

shawnchi
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Oblivion is probably the best video game I've ever played. I couldn't believe my eyes when Skyrim was announced and it still hasn't fully occurred to me. I think co-op would be cool but that's as far as they should go with multiplayer.

Morrowind's game world is ridiculously massive and there is more content. Oblivion, in my opinion, is better in every other way. If they make Skyrim like they made Morrowind, then that in addition with the all new engine, will make me cry(tears of joy).

Lol dude, me too... I was addicted to Oblivion for a full year :D All the mods and side quests man... :))

Abyssmal
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
This and ME3 will consume many hours of my life.

Tophat
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
I loved everything about IV except for the skill system and the myriad bugs, and it seems like they're improving both of those. Really hyped for it

Seroni
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
In my opinion i think that the new system should be interesting. It does not force a certain game play style out of any character. In Oblivion, I disliked how the only way to level was through your main skills, I think this will offer a more diverse option for people.

Bamboocha
01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
this gonna beat oblivion! H*** yeah!

aftershockzap
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I can't wait for this game to be released :D

alexander
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
I've never really "got" Elder Scrolls. the games seem a bit too action-y too me. the first game was pretty meh, and the second game has the biggest map of any game ever... because it randomly generates things that are only marginally different, with quests that are also only marginally different.

the next two just seem to action-oriented. but I'm going to try to play through them soon-ish, heh.

Devilmoon
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Probably it will be the best TES ever

olane123
01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
i just hope they put a lot of focus into the pc version and have a stable build like oblivion as the console version (xbox) didnt do the game justice having holes without enough patches to fix them all as on this one i dont want to go through an oblivion gate (if they exist) and get stuck comming back

roll on elder scrolls 5 :D

ladyelysium
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I've been waiting for this game for a loooooooooooooooong time now. I loved Oblivion a lot and while Fallout has been an interesting series, I'm looking forward to heading back to ~Ye Olde~ times.

Dalkor
01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I was actually surprised because I had heard several times that TES V was just going to be a continuation of Oblivion. I am however super excited and can't wait till it get's released. :D

Thunderborn
01-20-2011, 11:29 AM
I personally love that they put all thier efforts behind a single player game and I hope they continue to do that. If you want someting Ala Elder Scrolls multiplayer try Two Worlds 2 <---NOT ONE hehe. It is hitting stores soon in the USA but I been playing European version. As for the newest Elder scrolls coming sounds fantastic but the release date does not seem viable. Pops out of nowhere and sounds like alot of improvments and it will come out this year? Doubting it.

McGti
01-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Really looking forward to this game! Will be a difficult call to beat Oblivion though

Mohoa1313
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I hope this one will be better than some of the others. I played Oblivion and that was it. all others didn't get me hooked.

Thunderborn
01-20-2011, 01:31 PM
When did you actually play all those Elder scroll games because.........yah if you played them now they wouldnt be that great but in thier time when they originally came out they were soooo good. All of them :P

Paffp
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I hope they add crossbows in this one. It be kinda intresting to use one of those. But I'd rather have the bow more then anything else, and exploring and money hording. The same old fun thing to do on Elder scrolls:IV

Smithy
01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
this is looking t be awesome.... SOO happy that they are releasing the mod tool's with the game... atleast they didnt forget about the pc community!

Seroni
01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
I think that they should add more crafting options that would be so cool to be able to craft your own weapons! Also I think you should have a town that builds up as you complete quests, and it could provide bonuses to the player.

manbeast77
01-21-2011, 04:49 AM
I think that they should add more crafting options that would be so cool to be able to craft your own weapons! Also I think you should have a town that builds up as you complete quests, and it could provide bonuses to the player.

I wholeheartedly want this as well, but if it isn't in the game; the community will add it sooner or later as they always have. Of course if they add it, Bethesda might steal the idea and turn it into an official DLC like they did with the horse armor and the Shivering Isles DLC. (Yes they were actually community mods, no I will not debate that with you)

Commiekaze
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I dont know how I feel about this game. Oblivion was pretty disappointing for me personally, but the mods more than made up for that. Hopefully the vanilla game will be able to provide a great experience like Morrowind. Mods take time to develop, so heres to hoping!

Dalkor
01-21-2011, 10:04 PM
I hope this one will be better than some of the others. I played Oblivion and that was it. all others didn't get me hooked.

How did Morrowind not get you hooked? I understand Arena and Daggerfall because they are quite significantly dated, but Morrowind is with out a doubt the best out of all of them. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but seriously! Seriously?

That aside, I'm still waiting for Tamriel Rebuilt oblivion mod that re-creates Morrowind in the Oblivion graphic's.

Endothan
01-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Can't wait for this game. I loved Oblivion, especially the shivering isles expansion.

vonsteyr
01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Definitely looking forward to this. I'll admit I never thought of Oblivion as a perfect game, but I've still sunk around 120 hours into it all told, finishing a few playthroughs with different characters. Hopefully, with TES5 they'll focus more on making fewer things better rather than letting the player do "whatever he wants", since in Bethesda's mind that usually ends up being: "Being a pure warrior or pure mage is best, everything else will get you killed by a bear in the West Weald."

And yes, I REALLY want co-op. Even two person co-op would be mind blowing. Imagine being chased by some Orcs through their stronghold when suddenly, out of nowhere, arrows rain down, or fireballs come crashing in to dispatch them. Leave the world open for both players to run around doing their own thing so that they aren't forced to stay close, and you'd have a game made of instant win pudding.

EpiDemiC
01-22-2011, 02:29 AM
i wish they didnt announce it so early because i felt all hope was lost for a new elder scrolls and then BAM! now i cant contain myself. :S

massiss
01-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Beside Crysis 2, this is a ame im RELLY looking forward to!

Twitchxk90
02-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Cat-People all the way!

Raulaun
02-01-2011, 03:48 AM
@Vonyster
Co-Op wouldnt work, mostly because the game would be delayed a couple years if they added it in. They would have to completely revamp the engine, and AI. <.<

And I think we can all agree we would like elder scrolls as soon as possible, and only when its finished, too.

Mishkin
02-01-2011, 05:55 AM
The storyline and world map of the elder scrolls was awesome. Oblivion gave us the ability to ride horses (without mounted combat) and nicer graphics.

I like both games and i hope Skyrim takes the good elements from both games and makes an even better game.

Tangae
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I will wait for TES V like a kid wait for Santa ! :D

D4kai
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Could be the grat game, everything in producers hands.

LiTos456
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

This is how I felt when I watched the Skyrim trailer.

Hawk
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
The game is going to be amazing, i just want to see some gameplay

tylerman29
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Elder Scrolls is the king of Single player fantasy RPG's ....can't wait for this one.

MacNtoShi
02-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I only hope that they implement the majority part of features they said. This ill be awesome if they do, and a nice multiplayer will be fun too

Squiglypig
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY) is basically my reaction to the news that they were going to make a new one :3

Edit: Aww someone already linked to Harry Partridge's video :(

Anyway, I hope that it'll be as enjoyable as Morrowind was back in the day because Morrowind > Oblivion IMO.

lesleyt
02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Oblivion was my first from the seriesm It really was a great game but beacause of the terrible leveling system I stopped playing... I hope Skyrim does a better job levelling, it would be wasted not playing this game...

Godwyn
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
theres nothing wrong with the leveling system but i agree with it, ist not easy to understand

LiTos456
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Edit: Aww someone already linked to Harry Partridge's video :(

HA, beat you to it.

Cosmicron
03-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I loved oblivion so i cant wait for this next one , its going to be amazing i hope :)

Shakur
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
i dont think it can be better than oblivion :s

Maltroth
04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
i dont think it can be better than oblivion :s

Why not ? Yeah Oblivion was a really great game, but I waited the Elder Scroll V for so long. I hope he'll be better than Oblivion and I know it can ! :D

Lost Legend
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
..Will be... well ... besides the graphiks and yeahi! Dragons!.. still be oblivon-style i fear .. but if the mod-opportunity will happen it can be growing great!

greengamer19
04-08-2011, 11:53 AM
can't wait for this. sad that it comes out around the same time as Mass Effect 3 tho so I'll have to divide my time.

Loladahls
04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
I was looking at that game. LOoks pretty cool. I just checked out the trailer. Another one Im anticipating is NeverWinter, not much info Ive found, but still watching it.

wesley762
04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
i personally cant wait for this game to come out !
ive always been a fan of the elderscrolls series especially Morrowwind and Obilivion were awsome

and once again.. the game already looks stunning from the small glims we have seen so far :D

greets,
wesley762

RobbieMorelos
04-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Thats great, more RPG goodness!

Arcand
04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I have a friend who swears by the elder scrolls series... Gotta remember to bring up the new one as a conversation topic.

Fedecap
04-14-2011, 07:10 AM
game of the year

Lancer_Vance
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Yea once the game comes out, it will easily be one of the most saught after games on the market...thats..if and when it comes out...as like with everything else..you get close to the release time and...oooh..crap..they set it back another few months..like Diablo 3, pushed back 3 years already. But yea..once Skyrim comes out..I will be all over it. XP

I just wish they would add online play for a game like that already.

Colding
05-06-2011, 03:58 PM
If Oblivion was good, this must be sick! Can't wait :P Really excited about the new skill system and war shout system! :)

than146
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I never get tired of watching the videos, it looks great. Graphics are impressive and the npcs will be more interactive with the environment making it seem more like a living world.

Redhorn
05-16-2011, 01:00 AM
It's a 1 player game, I don't spend good money on hardware upgrades to play console games.
They are inferior and take no skill.

tombug
06-25-2011, 01:08 PM
ive always wanted to shout at dragons and steal their souls.

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I just feel like they have lost their way after Morrowind. Oblivion felt so shallow, and this looks even more so; though beautiful.

quentin
06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
game of the year all years

Slashcko
06-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Well I've been semi-looking forward to this game, it'll probably be one of the better releases in 2011. But that isn't saying much when it's compared to the disappointing Duke Nukem.

Sheikaih
06-25-2011, 05:18 PM
This game needs to come out faster.

Frizzomaniac
06-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Calling it: Game of the year. Can't wait.