PDA

View Full Version : What do you want the next race to added to be?

Gwydion
12-05-2010, 12:42 AM
I personally think those maakvir sound cool with the whole water thing, but i do love my dwarves! best defense, strong units, strong economy, but not very fast is the way to go!

flameoflucifer
12-05-2010, 04:27 AM
hmm next race....maybe undead...

yneternum
12-05-2010, 04:39 AM

I agree! Everyone wants to choose a dark race and rule his kingdom with terror x)

Benighted
12-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Undead or Dwarf, i suppose

DanishViking
12-05-2010, 05:59 AM
dwarves all the way!
best siege equipment to (since they would obviously design it!)

Polan
12-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Would be funny to see other race on dwarf walls. :p

haski12
12-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Dwarves are the best. Will they really live in mines i read that somewhere?

sania2
12-05-2010, 08:40 AM
dwarves, undeads, dark elves... maybe some beastmen......

Nimlot
12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I also think dwarves would be the best, just as long as they dont get guns.
Its ok they are abit more advanced but i dont like it when handguns come into a fantasy environment

Dark elves are also cool

What about evil corrupted humans?

Henry Martin
12-05-2010, 11:01 AM
i dont like it when handguns come into a fantasy environment

Doesn't that make it fantasy? Well, guns did exist in the medieval. I'm all for the dwarves having guns. It definitely yells advanced.

evilwithin
12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
i think reverie have said that the dragons will be the first playable race to be added and then the dwarves. and I've read about the dark elves in some lore so they should appear at some point ( or it might have been fanfiction lol) still dark elves would be cool

Nimlot
12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I read about the the Maakvir race that was cut, a salamandertype aquatic race.. as i read it was cut erly but it sounds like it would have been a cool addition

you can read about it here
http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten

Farseer_Arien
12-05-2010, 12:01 PM
ya I agree the salamanders/lizard race would be great heck I would play them. Wouldn't be hard to set up aswell as they would like swamplands more.

Also perhaps a merfolk faction which would take control of the seas units could be nagas and such...

chickenlota
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
:) i dont know i might want some kind of undead race because i think that is cool cause i would want SKELITON WARRIORS LOL ya i love skeliton warriors armored up with axes and spears and everything

Marcos182
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I also dislike handguns, it just pushes the feel to a renaissance theme and i can't stand that. I want this game to stick strongly with Dark ages or Medieval themes. If you the dwarves need better technology they can invent badass crossbows or something

Anyway i vote for dwarves or dark elves

Sharku
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I think the Minotaur race would be interesting. Since they really have no preconceived archeotype in Fantasy gameplay the designers could get really creative with them.

whitewing91
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I still would like a dragon race even though they removed it and just make it neutral. I'd get the game for sure then.

Lord_Itzalak
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
ya I agree the salamanders/lizard race would be great heck I would play them. Wouldn't be hard to set up aswell as they would like swamplands more.

Is this the same or different than the Dragon race they might do in the future?

Also perhaps a merfolk faction which would take control of the seas units could be nagas and such...

Sounds a little one dimensional to me if you are talking solely merfolk...my guess is that the majority of fighting will occur on land, so you would have to venture onto land if you want any serious action, and that would be a severe disadvantage.

Sounds like Warhammer to me...

What surprises me most about the replies so far is on other threads so many players seem to be lamenting the loss of the Drake/Dragon race, yet not too many replied on this thread...or maybe they are just shouting the loudest. I can't fault that though, Drakes are my favorite in Battle for Westnoth.

I wouldn't mind Dwarves or Undead as the next race, but mostly because they would be exciting to fight and in my mind belong in a fantasy setting, not for any reason of wanting to play as those races myself. For myself, in the game Warhammer I absolutely love the Lizardmen, so I probably would like the salamanders/lizard race spoke of above. If it ends up being the dragon race, I don't know how much I'd like it to play as myself, depends on the units besides the dragons as the developers said you wouldn't have to many real dragons anyway...and I'd like to be able to love my basic unit, not pick my race only for the elite one. But a lizard race with dinosaur like things would be pretty cool I think. Actually really cool thinking about the graphics they could do...

Radman
12-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I agree a dragon type race would be awesome as no other game really has player controlled dragons and even though the Maakvir was a great idea im not sure how they would have balanced it with the other races as being able to build and go on water would be a huge advantage. Unless they made it that it it was like a time consuming process to have the units change from like fins to feet and such. Making it so they it wasnt a case of just swim into the water and be safe. But then again i dont really know much about this stuff so i dont know wat would and wouldnt work. Though if they are going to add another race i hope it wouldnt be like the dwarves not because they are not cool or something but you see dwarves all the time just it would be great if they gave us something different.

Emrus
12-06-2010, 04:40 AM
necromancers, that can raise dead troops or may be use nature or dark magic combo:p :D

QuartZ
12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
I was thinking about some sort of "clockwork" race like maybe half mechanical golems etc. I'd say i would kill for something between steampunk styled race and dark magic, but not necesairly like undead that had to convert corpses of enemys to get units. Golems and things like that can be built of anything, so they wold be a bit easier to play than undead that have to kill to exist.

Fangg
12-06-2010, 04:44 AM
i think reverie have said that the dragons will be the first playable race to be added and then the dwarves. and I've read about the dark elves in some lore so they should appear at some point ( or it might have been fanfiction lol) still dark elves would be cool

I heard the same thing

onafets
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Dark elves, wolf thing, and maybe the dwarf...

Damnedghost
12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I hope that the dragons will return. They were in the original but were dropped out later and a return later on would be logical.

Asatru
12-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Me too would like to see the Dragons back as a new race, not many RTS game's that i know of have a whole dragon race so i was very intrested in seeing that done in here.

Also i would like to see the undeath, i mean who doesnt love those guys :)
Have some zombies ohn nom noming brains of Elfs or humans could be fun to watch!
but for real, i think Undeath will make a good addition to the game, perhaps have them as a big threat for all the other race's and have them work togher long enough to make sure the death stay death!

rtejada
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
must.. have.. dwarves..

Tenebrion
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Can't go wrong with undead.

andyf91
12-07-2010, 02:40 AM
undead could be awesome, but i hope they try to make them unique gameplaywise and not just another race. for example that their main way to recruit soldiers is to resurrect fallen enemies or that their combat effectiveness is significantly affected by the day-night cycle.

hooba
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Dragons would be a cool and interesting race. But come on, what fantasy game is complete without the dwarves :P. I would personally love to play the undead but dwarves should come first.

chickenlota
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
lol a hybrid of orcs more and more orcs love orcs lol :D

cybroxis
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Ummmm.... just going to say..... screw the dwarves

- Dark elves are both under the ground and awesome :D

efz88
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Well i would go with illithids.
They are in my opinion the most interesting race ever.
And common now, brains as a mine-able resource.

Sirstroud
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
ogres? unless they come under Orks, i would agree with dwarves :). maybe there advantage would be with gun-pwder :)

Farseer_Arien
12-12-2010, 02:27 AM
personally i like the clockwork idea and can see them supporting it, but i would like it if they didn't have anything to do with the dwarves... and a undead faction is always a interesting idea.

Commander
12-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Yep , dwarves would be Ok :) .

Espadachim
12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I, for one also would like to see the Dwarves however there's some things that I also think about this particular race.

For example, how would I fire trebuchets at an underground fortress? (Well, Reverie could make the Dwarves build regular fortresses, but that would take a bit of the fun of it, wouldn't it?).
DoF also has magic, and I can't figure out what kind of spellcaster the dwarf race would have. (Maybe some kind of geomancer? Y'know, using the power of the Earth. In this case, dwarves would have the strongest earth elemental spells.) And mounts? Men have horses, Elves have unicorns, and Orcs have wargs (dragons, well, are dragons!), and dwarves? Boars, bears, yaks? (Man, I would TOTALLY play with dwarves if their mounts are bears.) And finally, I firmly believe in the NO GUNPOWDER policy in fantasy games. It basically forces the game into the Renaissance.

About the other races, Nimlot posted this link (http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten).

Well, I can't (yet) figure a way on how to balance them.

But I firmly believe that dragons would have priority, in case of an eventual xpack. ;)

LiTos456
12-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Sea otters.
I want a race of furious sea otters who will go around the land, raping and pillaging all who they come across. Ahoy!

Gwydion
12-14-2010, 12:57 AM
To be perfectly honest, i would LOVE to see a VERY ripped off version of chaos from the warhammer universe. with a focus on evil corrupt humans that mostly looked like the chaos chosen http://www.webwombat.com.au/games/images/mark-of-chaos-1.jpg

as a matter of fact im going to make a seperate post as to what everyone would think of that idea to getting as close as possible (without you guys getting sued)

Winterwolf00
12-16-2010, 06:07 AM
I agree! Everyone wants to choose a dark race and rule his kingdom with terror x)

There is also the possibility of dark elves if terror is what your looking for.

Commander
12-16-2010, 07:21 AM
For example, how would I fire trebuchets at an underground fortress?
Who told you that dwarven Keep should be underground ? It can be on the mountain .
Why do you think dwarves can't build their Keeps , if orcs can ?
DoF also has magic, and I can't figure out what kind of spellcaster the dwarf race would have.
It can be runepriests .
Men have horses, Elves have unicorns, and Orcs have wargs (dragons, well, are dragons!), and dwarves?
May be ponies :) ? Why not ? Tolkien's dwarves have used them as mounts :) .

BraveHeart
12-16-2010, 07:53 AM
May be ponies :) ? Why not ? Tolkien's dwarves have used them as mounts :) .

How about battle ram's? as in a real living ram, or war bears you could also go with rhino like creatures.

Greetz Brave

Naivedo
12-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Dragons are my favorite. Though, I would enjoy a more humanoid dragon race like dragons that are a little bigger then humans that walk upright. Like others, I wish they would bring Dragons back in some way to the game.

I also enjoy dark arts races and undead. My favorite classes in RPGs are normally Dark/Death Knights and Necromancers. I normally focus on a strong force of many undead minions or a minion spec when I am a Necromancer. Nothing beats an army of weak creatures that do all the work for you. I AM a slave driver. ;)

Dark Elfs would be nice as well. As long as they have some interesting looking building that mold well with their race.

Commander
12-17-2010, 05:43 AM
How about battle ram's? as in a real living ram, or war bears you could also go with rhino like creatures.
Have you tried to use those creatures as mounts ? No ? Why do you think that dwarves could :) ?

Vasito
12-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Dwarfs or Dark elves or Something like CHAOS

Blood for the BLOOD GOD!!!

Sharku
12-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Have you tried to use those creatures as mounts ? No ? Why do you think that dwarves could :) ?B/c Dwarves are a fantasy race?

Dijia37
01-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I think Darkelves should be the next ones added but the Dwarves wouldn't be bad either but i don't think they should have guns

s8man888
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Dwarfs or some type of animal based creature.

Cathorian
01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I think there should be another evil type of race since elves and humans are usually seen like good races. I personally like undead or dark knights, not only cause they usually look awesome but there is so much variety because you can make anything undead

Alex Walz
01-15-2011, 09:05 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that our races are not two-dimensional. The men and elves may seem good, but it's all a matter of perspective. There is a lot of turmoil stirring in their kingdoms.

But thanks for the suggestions, keep them up!

jdub402
01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd like something like the mahirim from darkfall or the worgen from WoW. so like a wear wolf or something like that.

Dalkor
01-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Minotaurs, Undead, Sea Otters and Illithid's. I say yes to a hybrid race that includes all four MUHAHAHAHA.

Skeletal/zombie/ghost/decaying Sea Otter's with horn's and a cow's tail and the illithid mouth tentacle feeler thing's. Crap, I gotta draw one of these thing's. ;p

Of course, each one of those on it's own would be super cool.

And being more specific, what kind of undead? Skeletons, zombies, vampires, ghosts? All of the above? A combination... what?

Cathorian
01-18-2011, 08:02 AM
demons, undead, playable dwarfs, dragonkin (like WoW cause they look pretty cool), or just a completely imaginative created race would be great

pkdavid
01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
What do u think about centaur ?

omardigs
01-19-2011, 03:13 AM
I think there are a lot of different races that could be added to the game.

There are your standard fantasy races like the Dwarfs, Goblin and the undead races that could be easy to add and would fit into the game's world.

For me though I would like to see not so much a race but a collection of creatures under one banner. They could be made up of a number of beast like creatures that could share the common goal or a they could be collection of ghouls/monsters that are getting pushed aside by man and now take up arms to fight back.

Also since I'm a huge Star Wars nerd I would love to see a race like the Yuuzhan Vong. A race based on the warrior caste that uses different tech, it doesn't have to be just living tech since that would not fit the game i think. I would think they would be strong race in battle but be have a hard time controlling other sides of the game since the warriors are such an important part of their race

Daraim
01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Dwarfs, undead and dark elves are pretty cool races....

Zarachas
01-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I would say Dwarves, they are a sturdy and cool race to play. And have always been there in the fantasy world. And they are cool to roleplay aswell :)

Ohnoto
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Dwarf and Dragons, since those are left out for launch.

GPS51
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I'd love to see a cave man tribe added in at some point. Have them migrate out of the wildlands or something :)

olane123
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
A dark elf race or corrupted elves , an undead race that isnt a roaming band of mindless drones , a subterranean race that apear dormant but have thriving underground cities with ruins above ground marking their position.

or possibly even a mixed band of the races that take small towns as an NPC group

omardigs
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh man a Cave man tribe would be crazy awesome. Do you remember the game that was cancelled by Lionhead called B.C.? In the game you played a tribe of cavemen trying to make it in the world. For the cavemen in the game I would see them as sort of the macgyvers of the game. They would be a mashup of tech from the other races because they learn to use what they can get their hands on.

Hans
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I would like to see some like - Dark Elves or a Viking Faction - Dragons would be better for some Special Units like Mercanaries - Im not a Fan of dwarfes so NO :D

Also a Civ like Arabians (Haradrim) would be cool !

gnoss
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I would like to see something abit more creative.
maybe something in the likes of underground species with fangs and claws :)

Cathorian
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM

haha sounds like we're getting into the warhammer races
and the dark elves could be underground ...?
i dont like the caveman idea cause the economy would be exactly like the orcs, mainly hunting and gathering, and if they got heavy units with armor i'd imagine they would end up awfully like humans...

Zorander
01-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Definately Dwarf, if not then undead.

reddot
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
i would love it to be dwarfs or some kind of dark/night elves.... or some other shady kind of species like dark/night elves... i dont like undead myself so kinda anything else but that =D

Braindawg
01-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Technologically advanced gnomes would be cool

valodimer
01-20-2011, 02:36 AM
i want lizzard race @.@

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Hmm, maybe I would like the developers to invent some "new" race, something special just to be played in DoF.

Elves, Humans and Orks are classical fantasy. But I would like to the something unique, maybe a kind of "Dragon" race like they are in the fantasy world of "Dragonlance"....

Toven
01-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Ancient technological race of pure evil wanting nothing but to destroy everything and everyone without a single word or hesitation.

The army of rage! xD

krichard
01-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Stranded aliens who crashed and settled in.

Braindawg
01-20-2011, 04:31 AM
the gnomes could have rapid fire crossbows and steam powered battle walkers.

StormXLR
01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
How about Deamons like in HoMM ?
DWARFS ARE MUST!

ceronor298
01-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Dwarves would be awesome. Their bases formed on mountains.

Devilmoon
01-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Undeads. I need undeads.

edueduedu93
01-20-2011, 12:15 PM
:D I want to know if the game developers have thought of including new races in future updates or they are going to base the game in this three races.
Thanks.

Alex Walz
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
At the current time, we have plans for two expansion packs post-release. One featuring the Dwarves as a playable race, and another featuring the Dragons.

GPS51
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Huzzah. I can't wait for the races to be released :)

dverity
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Dragons would be some what unique for this gaming genre. Nice

Berd
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I love dwarfs, awsome

Braindawg
01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
HA your undead and dwarves will not stand a chance against the gnomes and their tiny tunnels :D

shrubhead
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Can't wait for dragons, sounds awesome already.

McGti
01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
dragons would be extermely cool indeed!

Chaoticuss
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe start up something new and unexpected throw in a demonic kind of race, story could start up as they were feeding off the war torn world, and have now been released into the world. I don't really know think that would be kinda cool though :)

Piaskowy
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Race called Ancients, something like ghosts.

Chaoticuss
01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
At the current time, we have plans for two expansion packs post-release. One featuring the Dwarves as a playable race, and another featuring the Dragons.

A dragon race? Are you speaking about dragonkin or like full blow dragons, sounds pretty interesting would like to see how that works out.

Cathorian
01-20-2011, 02:33 PM
elves tried to boost their numbers by summoning elementals to do their bidding, but the elementals broke loose and become a faction!

Fineas
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Dwarf could be good to complete the basic Fantaisy roster.

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Merged the "New Factions" thread with this one.
Guys, stop making threads about races. This one is already here and it's on the first page, too, so it isn't like you have to go around looking for it.

tomche
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
id go for dwarves for the defence side of things

kingdominic
01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
i like to have demons as the next race ^^ they be evil and destorying everything.Which then all the races band together to defeat the demon lord :)

lordsabbath88
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
i like to have a "chaos" race, a sort of evil-humans , or dark elves ( which is my favourite race in warhammer fantasy ). Either dwarves sounds really good, but only for their beautiful fortress that ia imagine :)

Gongora
01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
The un-dead is a great race to add, a corruption race that always makes a mess either it wins or not and it leaves its mark. It is always a pain to get rid of and will be a great challenge to fight off...also this race could have an interesting ability of corrupting enemey units to become undead so come small and leave large...great way to turn a fight!

Also a brute race is fun, like a tribe of Gnoll's or big wolfmen that use hammers and axes. Would have brute tamed animals they would ride and attack from, promising content there.

Not sure if it would fit the theme, but maybe somekind of underworld race of demons and the like from below. Could have lava themed units and demonic units from another world...
that to is a good move.

Peacebringer01
01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I think you cannot go wrong with Dwarves, Undead or Dark Elves. But something different like the beastmen would be a nice change

jer.bush
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I think an undead race would be awesome, and would look very interesting... I kindof want them walking trees to be a race in itself... I like thoes haha!! :D

Khan kreiger
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I just thought of a great idea....well i think its great, but if there was some kind of water creature race, where their stronghold is covered by mass fog and its out in the middle of the seaa

rebelglitch
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
This game seems lends its self to having a dragon race. this would be extermely cool. chaos from above

Desthin
01-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I am definitely lobbying for dwarves, technological advances trump all!

Although an undead race would certainly add a unique game play aspect

jer.bush
01-24-2011, 11:58 PM
if this game had a dragon race i would love this game forever HAHA Dragons are awesome I wouldn't play any other race :D

Obygden
01-28-2011, 05:07 AM
I'd like the next race to be the dwarves!
I'd be awesome to be able to build your city/castle in a mountin. Digging out big caves and search for valuable minerals!

Froody42
01-28-2011, 05:44 AM
I'd love some badass evil race - not just primitive and barbarian like the Orcs, but evil and sophisticated, like Dark Elves. But I bet a massive Dwarven fortress would also look amazing in this game's engine.

Myrcea01
01-28-2011, 02:50 PM
i think dwarves are fine, best economy, best siege equipment, best heavy armoured units, but lacking archers and cavalery

that's how i see the dwarves

LiTos456
01-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Not the best economy no. And I doubt they'll have the best siege equipment. Heavily armored units yeah. But best economy definitely goes to the elves.

Desthin
01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Aww but everyone knows Dwarves are rich!

Froody42
01-28-2011, 08:33 PM
They couldn't go overboard with the Dwarves because of balancing. If the Dwarves took best defense and best economy from the Elves, the Elves wouldn't have much left against the Dwarves. Similiarly, Dwarves couldn't have the best siege against other castles as well as the best castles of their own - that would mean the best way to defeat a Dwarven player is just to play Dwarves yourself, which could create a very boring metagame.

That said, I think there's a ton of room for unique features with the Dwarves, like tunneling as a siege method or majestic fortresses inside a mountain, like the Erebor - that would mean they could easily be added to the existing persistent map because the devs could fill existing mountain ranges with Dwarven realms instead of having to expand the map.

kristofer
01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
They couldn't go overboard with the Dwarves because of balancing. If the Dwarves took best defense and best economy from the Elves, the Elves wouldn't have much left against the Dwarves. Similiarly, Dwarves couldn't have the best siege against other castles as well as the best castles of their own - that would mean the best way to defeat a Dwarven player is just to play Dwarves yourself, which could create a very boring metagame.

That said, I think there's a ton of room for unique features with the Dwarves, like tunneling as a siege method or majestic fortresses inside a mountain, like the Erebor - that would mean they could easily be added to the existing persistent map because the devs could fill existing mountain ranges with Dwarven realms instead of having to expand the map.

Undead would be really awesome. I would probably never play as undead but I would love fighting against them. Dwarves are always cool too. But, to be honest, I would like to see the developers come up with a fresh, new idea of their own. It's cool to see some of the classic races but it's even more entertaining to be introduced to a new concept with an entirely new lore surrounding it. :p

Luxus
01-29-2011, 12:53 PM
undead sound good

Cyneric
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Well I'm opposed to sea otters, I'm more in the penguin camp, because like many things, no one expects the penguins. They could pillage and raze towns with their ferocious fury of not being able to fly, all while looking as if they were well dressed.

On a serious note, I think Undead would be nice since they would have an interesting way of recruiting new soldiers, given that they would be able to gain new soldiers from their fallen enemies. I would totally play as them, and if I could you know make an undead penguin army...then I consider that a bonus.

If not undead, I wouldn't mind seeing constructs, and if there will be dwarves and they are greater crafters/creators, you could always make constructs some kind of sentient spawn that turned on them and formed their own kingdom of sorts. There is just something about playing constructs that I love, but then again I always played as warforged or shard minds, so I'm biased.

om3n
01-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Yea, I agree undead would be pretty cool and i could imagine it having some fun play =) A golem race of some kind could be pretty neat too(brings be back to magic and some artifact decks lol):p

Joseph Visscher
01-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Not the best economy no. And I doubt they'll have the best siege equipment. Heavily armored units yeah. But best economy definitely goes to the elves.

Thats not up to you to decide Litos, your a moderator not a game designer.

I see the 'Undead' as more of a special creep/enemy during quests and very special locations.

I really see Dragons being the next race, their gameplay is so unique.

LiTos456
01-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Thats not up to you to decide Litos, your a moderator not a game designer.

I wasn't deciding, just predicting based off logic.
Sorry forgot to mention its my opinion.

Also, a viking race would be awesome. Superior navy! =D

Froody42
01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Aye, I always loved the Norse in Age of Mythology :D Though that pompous Egyptian style surely would make for quite the impressive fortress in DoF as well...

But in terms of style, what I'd love to see most is a faction that can build castles like the Barad-Dr or Orthanc, black stone, spiked metal and the works... maybe Dark Elves, or a race of Necromancers that fields undead troops.

MoLiva
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Dwarves should definitely be considered. I know a few people who would jump all over being able to rule a Dwarven kingdom

fatedragon
01-31-2011, 04:43 AM
maby taurens or Centaurus

_Caranthir
01-31-2011, 06:46 AM

Undead for sure :D

billy341
01-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Id go with undead also, they can usually have some really creepy architecture, very cool storywise too.

xarxez
01-31-2011, 09:14 AM
I would probably say dwarfs and the drankonid races will become the next playable races as they were planned to be playable...

A race I would like to see later on is maybe somekind of a half races?

Like half orcs half humans half elfs that are not being accepted in any races faction so they make their own faction and want revnge or something like that?

Yngwie
01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
a undead race could be fun or a beast one

NobleIre
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Despite how much I would love to see undead - and would have to play them if they were featured - I have to say Dwarves. I think they would add the most balanced flavor to the game, compared to the other races.

Hans
01-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Dragons with nice animated Flying Units and some Inf Units like Vikings would be awesome !!

LiTos456
01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Aye, I always loved the Norse in Age of Mythology :D Though that pompous Egyptian style surely would make for quite the impressive fortress in DoF as well...

But in terms of style, what I'd love to see most is a faction that can build castles like the Barad-Dr or Orthanc, black stone, spiked metal and the works... maybe Dark Elves, or a race of Necromancers that fields undead troops.

Spike metal monoliths.
YEAH.

BassZ1890
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
I say Dwarves! Why? Well I have no logical reason why other then the fact that I have always loved Dwarves! They are strong even though usually portrayed as chubby, They are resilient, They have the most EPIC of facial hair! What is there not to like about them? Oh and they could totally drink any of the other races under the table!

master0p
01-31-2011, 11:54 AM
So next expansions we could expect the dwarves and dragon faction.

Factions that they cancelled ( i asume by reading thishttp://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten (Link) ) :
-Maakvir (aquatic salamander-like amphibians)
-Minotaurs
-Undead

I hope to see these factions in the future.
IMO they should change the Minotaurs faction into Beastmen.
They could add centaurs ,gnolls and other beast-humanoids.
Fun to see humanoid rhinos or something.

The Maakvir they could change that a bit as well make it more obvious that those salamanders are living on the lands.
Having them temples on the lands with gold praying to very old salamanders.. some sort of aztec feeling with jungle enviroment. Also have some small dinosaurs as rides.

Other factions that comes up in my mind:
- Dark elves
- Vampires ( they are undead but actually have theyre own faction in the lores )
- Giants ( they have Huge trolls , giants and ogres. I know the Orcs have ogres but you could think about half ogre-human for the giants faction. Ofcourse theyre very strong but have small numbers. Strong but slow eco , small army )

Just ideas or opinions from my side.
I am very happy how the game has become!

Ecorce
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
what about a real fantasy race, something new in the old world

Becquerel
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm always partial to an undead faction.

Lee7778747
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
have to be dwarfs they will have some strong towers!

om3n
02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
*****comment that out, not relevant(Om3n)*****

I see the 'Undead' as more of a special creep/enemy during quests and very special locations.

I really see Dragons being the next race, their gameplay is so unique.

That would be very cool, my question would be how would you implement more then a few select unit types? perhaps take some ideas we've seen before in other lores and find a twist and a way to have it integrated into the games lore? Draconian etc? Or perhaps some form of subservient race serving as underlings for the powers that be? I'm kinda interested to see the company's perspective on a dragon race.

Thaiden
02-02-2011, 02:49 AM
I think the next obvious choice here is undead/shadow race. It's just the cliche I'm sorry but that's what it is :P

Corpsebloom
02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Some kind of undead army. Every fantasy game needs an undead army. It gives us goth players something interesting to own with. Now I think of it lets throw in an emo army of some kind too, they'd be easy to fight against, they would just charge at you and kill themselves.

Stormeh
02-03-2011, 01:03 AM
I'd say some kind of evil/Lawless faction is needed to balance out the others in terms of storyline. You have orcs, but they seem to be more animalistic not really evil as such. I think an undead faction would be cool, but they have been done a million times. Bandits or such could be quite cool to have in game, rogue faction that just raid for profit kind of thing, give them a kind of shanty town feel.

swuopa
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
UnDead...UnDead...UnDead...UnDead...UnDead... please give me the UnDead...

Adonai_80
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I like the idea of Dwarves, but the Undead would be awesome!

wiredpenguin
02-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Undead would be an interesting addition.

Griegor Mcvennor
02-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Dwarves!!!!! Can you really in good conciense leave out the baddest, drunkest, surly, and most heavily armed and armored individuals in all fantasy realms? C'mon really? We have to have drunken dwarves slugging it out on a battlefield with pretty much everyone else.

Merku
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Dwarves, since they're most established in the lore from what I can tell; aside from that, having some sort of Dragon worshipping race/cult would be cool. Think about it. You could have an assortment of all types of creatures which are a part of this particular faction - and their abilities, magical or otherwise, all revolve around favor with Dragons - so either powerful Dragon units (like heroes) or epic Dragon apolocolyptic abilities that wipe out cities, or food, or whatever.

*Edit for clarification/elaboration*
Actual units could be banished elves, neutral/darker humans, goblins, orcs, trolls, etc... assuming Dragons have a dark connotation in this particular fantasy fiction. The combination of a slew of races in the cult could give it some feelings of being somewhat ragtag as an army - but in their architecture united. I imagine this would be a defensive, 'evil' race with good high-end units and abilities, and poorer starts. A sort of defensive, turtle-like version of the orcs, instead of their more aggressive nature.
*End edit*

On second thought, screw the Dwarves, give me the Dragon Cult!

I promise, I won't demand my name in the credits too loudly. :p

Merku

Wuldor
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
i think dwarves will be next but i'd love to see the undead

EdwardTheGreat
02-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Some faction to aide the orc faction, when you think about it, who will elves (or humans) tend to allign more with (based on lore) come in-game? Neutral humans (peaceful elves), or brutish monsters? Maybe something (just throwing this out there), but like trolls, undead or some other form of savage monsters? I don't like the idea of dragons as a primary unit because they seem they would be too over powered, but I do like the idea as using them as a mercenary based character.

Kultyz
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I woudl honstly vote undead but introducing an undead based race it would have to be edited many parts of the game to welcome the undead mechanics, so honestly Dwarf race appears to be an excelent choice and something that can easily be added as they share some of the mechanics already in game.

TheHoboGod
02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I also dislike handguns, it just pushes the feel to a renaissance theme and i can't stand that. I want this game to stick strongly with Dark ages or Medieval themes. If you the dwarves need better technology they can invent badass crossbows or something

Anyway i vote for dwarves or dark elves

Actually, in late medieval times they DID have a primitive hand cannon. I feel that would be a high damage shot, but would have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG reload time. And probably mid range.

NobleIre
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't necessarily see any reason why dwarves should need really advanced tech. The real question, I think, is how they would differ from the other races.

Right now we have (basically): 1 offensive race, 1 defensive race, and 1 balanced race.

So where does that leave a future race?

I would think that it would need to be re-balanced with multiple races. 1 new offensive and 1 new defensive race. (and perhaps a new balanced race as well.) Dwarves seem an easy bet for a defensive race, with dragons being offensive.

Dwarves could have some of their economy be more reliable/automated kindof like elves, because of their rich mines. Also, they could have very stout stronghold defenses. However, I could see their armies moving more slowly, but being tough to kill. They might lack the ranged abilities of elves, but make up for it in toughness and stronger defenses. I could see them having weaker magic, but (since many people seem to like tech advanced dwarves) have some handy devices and perhaps advanced siege weapons to compensate.

FuRioN
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Probably Undead, but Dwarves are pretty cool too.

NobleIre
02-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I like the idea of the undead as another 'balanced' faction. ;) Hordes of weak troops plus a few stronger troops - with some powerful necromantic magic. Troops could be really cheap to create (some even being free like with orcs) but having many be more costly to upkeep. (if there is upkeep in the game. I'm not sure if there is or not.) If there is no upkeep, then have it so you can only have a limited quantity of some units. (Justified by then being difficult to control or keep alive.)

Ofcourse, they could easily be another offensive force, needing raiding against others (to take bodies/flesh) to keep themselves going.

zhaoyun23
02-11-2011, 12:25 AM
I want a new race---Vampires...Mwahhahahaha

mrsnow327
02-14-2011, 01:24 AM
it should be dwarves they should have strong economy

Neutral884nz
02-14-2011, 07:14 AM
i think dwarves would be the best, you could have citys built underground into mountains. It would be a whole different way of sieging dwarven citys. No walls to climb up but instead large gates which could take more effort to destroy (being stronger than human gates etc)blocking off different areas of the city. Dwarf citys themselves could be a racial benefit and they could be a much more defensive race.

In lotr BFME2 there is a few maps which have dwarven citys, which only have a few entrances. They are alot of fun to defend.

Folsom
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
How about supernaturals - Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, etc.?

arthas242
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Dwarfs is the only logical choice, but ORC's FTW

Tolbby
02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Next race? Could be one of many.

Undead.
Naga (Or some sort of Seakin)
Dwarfs
Goblins (Unless they're included with the Orcs)
Gnomes

And others. But these are just a few to start off with for a list.

Lord Shadow
02-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I really want to see Dark Elves added.. but here is a few others

Dwarfs
Undead
Leuians.. (Yea I used to play Dragon's Gate.. :D )
Gargoyles
Goblins
Mercenaries (Mix units from the other races & maybe some new unique ones as well)

& Last but not least Dragons, but I know this is already a mute topic.. :mad:

MrJc
02-21-2011, 03:05 AM
i want undead how cna u have a game with elevas humans and orcs but no zombies running around lol

gucho01
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
dont add anythng omg i think its already enough with these races

lokiisgrim
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Dwarfs all the way, with beards that can withstand the test of time who know how strong their defences can be.

AlphaReaper
02-28-2011, 04:19 PM
It really depends on what kind of units can be absorbed by each race. I would like to see trolls, gaints, dragons, maybe elementals, halfings.. I could go on.

I think it would be cool however to have the ying/yang of the races that are already coming out. Elves vs Dark Elves, dwarves vs the orc and goblin troops, and Humans vs the undead!!!

Just saying:p

hugenhlfan
02-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I like that dwarves with guns idea that would make them a challenge but give a nice balance

Watari
03-04-2011, 07:22 AM
I think it would be cool however to have the ying/yang of the races that are already coming out. Elves vs Dark Elves, dwarves vs the orc and goblin troops, and Humans vs the undead!!!

That is exactly what I thought, but maybe there could be new "ying/yang" types, like dragons vs humans, this lizard folk or what ever vs elves, and for the orcs as contra part the "merfolk" (maakvir I think)
Just an Idea^^

But the most I wanted to see is this maakvir faction, I like the sea and so I would love a faction building castles in sea territories

mafrabr
03-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Undead will be coll !

VenSen
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
well in the beginning i thougt there would be 4 races humans elves orks and dragons since the dragons got taken out i hope it will be the nextr race to enter the battle eve thought i thing that they would probably overpowered ;)

bugonstick
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
What happned to letting threads peacfully die in there sleep? No need to necro.

P.S. Dwarves all the way, I love building mountain strongholds.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I can't see dragons being a viable race. They are suppose to be majestic and powerful creatures. If they are as normal as humans and orcs then I can't see how they fit that MO. Perhaps somthing akin to draconians which are flying humanoid dragon kin but not exactly dragons. I've seen that in several fantasy games and books.

cj8844
03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Doesn't that make it fantasy? Well, guns did exist in the medieval. I'm all for the dwarves having guns. It definitely yells advanced.
agree!! would be fun for guns def!

Joobs
03-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Dwarfs for sure

Tarsus
03-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Either an inherently evil race - undead, dark elven, demon, bandit, chaos etc. Demon or magical as a preference, but I have always liked drow as well.

Or a race that has a playstyle all its own, and the more different it is the better.

I can't see dragons being a viable race. They are suppose to be majestic and powerful creatures. If they are as normal as humans and orcs then I can't see how they fit that MO. Perhaps somthing akin to draconians which are flying humanoid dragon kin but not exactly dragons. I've seen that in several fantasy games and books.

I was thinking dragonkin myself, that is lesser forms of drake, wyvern etc, with a dragon as the hero or expensive unit. As you said fodder units could have dragon blood or some such in their veins, but in essence be of any sub species.

Anyway I can see them being an extremely popular race, they are often in RTS games (Saga springs to mind), so much so I hope every race has some good counters for powerful flying units XD. Ballistas perhaps?

willyneo
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
After reading some of this >< A cool fortress would have to be Minas Tirith. So many walls, so high up. But a Castle that big would prob never be in the game :(. Couldn't imagine how epic it would be to siege it aswell.

Dolas
03-26-2011, 07:19 PM
After reading some of this >< A cool fortress would have to be Minas Tirith. So many walls, so high up. But a Castle that big would prob never be in the game :(. Couldn't imagine how epic it would be to siege it aswell.

Well, they could have a big castle raid type thing, where you have to siege a huge fortress and you need friends to help you...that would be cool :)

GPS51
03-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I believe that team siege idea has been planned alll along :)

jimehau
03-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Late Age Ermor!

silvox
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
hmmmm Undeads, Darkelfs. And a lot of kind of humans: Japanese, persians...

ERSTEWEHRMACHT
04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
They should add some sort of another Dark type race. bcuz the majority of people are gonna choose Dark cuz its cool. Perhaps some sort of undead army? I dunno.

LiTos456
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
bcuz the majority of people are gonna choose Dark cuz its cool.

What demographic are you basing that argument off of, I wonder? Interesting reason to back up your claim, also.

RedFernE
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
As many others mention, Dwarves, they rocks with their low speed and high armor and long beard.

May take alittle bit from the warhammer world, and add something like Lizardmen, that could be a cool race to play also.

rafaelfbl
04-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Dwarves, they got two-handed weapons, wondrous siege machines and nice red hairs xD

Yumeji
04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
A race I like to see in games are the lizardmen, like in Warhammer or Oblivion (or Soul Calibur if you know what I mean). I generally play human but the zardkin, when avaiable, is my second choice.

Scrapple206
04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Undead sounds Awesome!

thipsg
04-05-2011, 07:55 AM
undead sucks ! i prefere small human :p

Martillo
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Personally I dont want to see undead as an entire race - The reason for that, is that undead is a TERM used for describing the living dead creatures, and not an actual RACE that have kids an so on. Usually undead are dead creatures being controlled by a powerfull mage - It could be part of a dark version of the human race (With pirates, bandits, slavers and dark magic) - But not as a race on it's own.

I would in fact enjoy seeing a dark version of the human race - A race for all the scumbags ;) Even though being evil doesnt make you a new race :D

Besides that, dwarfe would be the obvious choice since you already have that elf/orc going on.

Other suggestions could be gnomes/haflings, some kind of celestial/alien race, or a beast race, consisting of (mythical) beasts (Like minotaurs and goatmen or something)

Revan
04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I would settle for something new entirely. A Minotaur race or something in mythology. Undeads are just plain overused not that elves and orcs aren't either but you gotta stray from those lines at some point :) j think they were planning on the dragon race being included in an expansion but I read that long ago so I dunno if it changed or what was the basis on that idea.

Xhodan
04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
in "Saga" sorry if i mention that game but there was a "dead" race that would be kinda cool. i guess it would be more of an summoning race. where you can summon dead creatures but no matter what im staying human.

ZvonimirG
04-17-2011, 05:01 AM
I would like dwarfs or something like that. :)

ki adi mundi
04-17-2011, 07:30 AM
maybe like are race of lizard people mixed with dragons

Ciunay_Ragathol
04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
i'd like Gnomes or Lizard Men, but if you think they are not adequate for the game, i say dwarfs then

ZvonimirG
04-17-2011, 09:00 AM
i'd like Gnomes or Lizard Men, but if you think they are not adequate for the game, i say dwarfs then

my man. :D

DreadedNorwegian
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Dwarfs!!!!!

Kharl
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Though I like the idea of Dwarves being added, I would think that having a Dark race other than orcs would be good, such as Goblin, or Undead. Goblin is too much like Orc, but it could work on its own.

GPS51
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
There are goblins in the orc ranks and even a town devoted to goblins ;)

Vibes
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Definitly dwarfs please

gerdon
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Hell yeahs dwarfs defiantly sound cool

Martel
04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Dwarves seem like the obvious choice as the next race but it would be interesting to see some sort of Undead as a playable race. Hordes of skeletons, zombies, Vampire heroes and the like.

I think all of the 'light' races should have 'dark' counterparts, if you get my meaning. Dark Elves, etc.

Just my $.02

Martel

Vish_Virtus
04-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Undead would be nice. Or some sort a new non everyday race type. BE FN INVENTIVE gees

mao16
04-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Like everyone is saying Dwarves would be the most likely next race. I personally would love to see a Dark elf race too (they don't have to be blood thirsty and hate elves btw). Some more exotic races such as lizard-men,rat-men or any beast type race would also be nice just for variety. Oh and undead, you always need an undead horde.... and maybe some demons too if lore allows it?

VonMan
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Undead would be pretty sweet =o although i would like kind of a magician race also, like in heroes of might and magic 5, ya know with golems and stuff as soldiers and spell casters as ranged.

deamonkinge
04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
definitely should be dwarves

Boulway
04-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Undead would be great or dwarves!

Thor
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
i think the next race will be undead or dark elves...

Dr. Nick
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
goblins would also be very nice. weak and crazy mass units and kamikaze units :D

Defilus
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
goblins would also be very nice. weak and crazy mass units and kamikaze units :D
The Orcs have access to Goblins.

I would like to see Dwarves next, one of my favorite races.

Coffeerage
04-30-2011, 06:30 AM
We need races that are more distinctive. Elf/dark elf, dwarf/halfling, even Human/Elf, are all too similar. All you are changing is the skin color, and a slight modification to its shape. Why not add A Centaur race, or minotaur.

Pariah Drake
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Dragon-men

Vayran
04-30-2011, 04:41 PM
We need races that are more distinctive. Elf/dark elf, dwarf/halfling, even Human/Elf, are all too similar. All you are changing is the skin color, and a slight modification to its shape. Why not add A Centaur race, or minotaur.

I doubt they would add a Centaur race. The animations alone would take them several months to code I expect.
But I agree it would be a lot of fun running round as a Centaur. :)

Jonobradley
04-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Surely that's just a man who can breath fire?! :P Not much of a model change there.. Unless you want to give them wings.. and scales.. and then surely they just become dragons? :P

Steffmeister
04-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Id like to see some kind of "dark" or neutral army. Centaurs seem nice, but probably wont fit in too well with the city-building aspect of the game. Id personally like to see some kind of "industrial" race. Like dwarves or some kind of goblin/gnoll digger race.

camartin001
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Draconians. Basically, Dragons that walk on two legs, can wear armour, wield swords and such....still have wings. I think it would be a great addition to match up with the Orcs.

kentbrack
04-30-2011, 09:37 PM

I will agree with you. Dwarves should have guns! Crossbows would work as well I guess.. Not sure if I like dwarves with bows tho :o

bruxar
05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
undead plz

Kirkjoak
05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Dwarfs or Undead plz :D

Lancer_Vance
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Yea, I am a huge Dwarf person as well, specially with games like D&D, Pathfinder, and Shadowrun. Ironic I guess that I'm 6'5" tall. xP So yea..I'd love to see dwarves in this game, great defense, not too quick on the run, however good fighters as well, can build great defenses overall, and of course, when it comes to bows and arrows..the most I'd see a dwarf with is a crossbow, yet probably not too good with them.

kelo1
05-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Undead or necromancers would be the next best pick i think.

kelo1
05-12-2011, 01:14 AM
The dwarf must have a gun they don t use bows and some strong defense maybe some build speed bonus or something and some cool engy stuff as thei main advantage is tech.

Madelyne
05-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Undead for sure :D

Absolutely have to agree. Nothing more scary than an Undead army ^.^ *cackles* Give me a female leader/heroine for this and I would play this race only!

Fabias
05-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Have to agree with topic creator on a water race, I think that would be cool and reminds me of age of wonders. With the seemingly great magic system in this game, along with the great environments, I would love to see a water faction with some great looking territory ^^

Kharl
05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Though a water race may be good, I would think somethign more along the lines of an elemental race. Since each race has 3 basic land areas they inhabit, the elementals could span across dirfferent regions and be part of the conflicts on many levels. though possibly this may make more sense as a Mercenary unit than a race.

Sharku
05-14-2011, 07:35 PM
My votes still in for Minotaurs. They'd be a unique faction in that early game their forces and base could be totally mobile. They could settle down like a normal base but they would lose some of the advantages of being totally nomadic.

Redhorn
05-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Definitly Undead, would attract alot of new players. I can't remember how long its been since you could play undead in a strategy game. A game so from so long ago that was turned based strategy comes to mind, can't remember the name of it though.

Shoot, implement all the races in warhammer fantasy universe eventually, then your player base would massive.

Definitly Undead.

Novakiller
05-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Really Looking forward to the dragons if thats the case, i personally couldn't care much for the drawfs as a playable race, their in every game, would benice to actually have something a bit different for a change. I would MOST DEFINITELY take the undead over drawfs anyway, a HELL of a lot more interesting to see, with special powers like being able to sumon a skeleton horde, or using spells for a necromancer, which is your hero unit, ect... Dragons wow, i havnen't even seen them in the beta yet, so no idea how they would play, but the dragons was one of the reasons that this game caught my eye anyway, DAWN OF FANTASY!!! just the concept of the fantasy world, the concept is endless to be honnest.

DRAGONS / UNDEAD / Maakvir (Amphibians) or the Minotaurs in my opinion. definitely not drawfs, but as their already in the game, have their own realm on the world map, i suspect their definitely the next race tbh.

GT3000
05-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Undead would be great. I'd pay good money to play undead in this game.

@Red
Quite a few games allow you play Undead, most striking in my mind was Warcraft 3.

Hellishreaper
05-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Undead Please. Cant stress how much i'd love to play the Undead.. Even more than orcs.