PDA

View Full Version : Alliances?

gatorback05
12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
How do alliances work in this game? can different factions be allied together or is there certain restrictions to that?

Nollo
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Crush Everyone!!!

gatorback05
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
HaHa my kind of game, i got like 4 buddies that want to go to this game when it comes out so we were all interested in how that worked... but crush everyone seems like a good thing hehe

MartisLT
12-04-2010, 03:43 PM
i hope ther be free for all allieances

Karamelgemini90
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I hope so; i would love to be an elven faction with human allies! :D

zudalu
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
we will all find out soon

LiTos456
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Nollo and Zudalu (as well as others), I understand you're trying to rank up posts, but can you please post more constructive content in the future? There are plenty of subjects to discuss on the forum which will inquire you to put more input into your posts, so please, make your posts count.
Thanks.

efz88
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Im hoping for blanket guild alliances like in eve.

ZuluDawn
12-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Im hoping for trade rights aswell as alliances/peace treaties. Fingers crossed

Benighted
12-05-2010, 04:34 AM
i would go for an alliance that would have full of interaction among all of its members

Damnedghost
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
if there are alliances there should be some kind of limit to the amount of members you can have, otherwise one alliance could go stomp all the other smaller alliances...

Asatru
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Im hoping for blanket guild alliances like in eve.

Thats what i hope to, although i am not sure it will work with this game.

If there is one grant Alliance in this game ( say how BoB and Goon was in Eve.. if you played it they where BIG :P ) they could just easly team up and farm other kingdoms right?

I think since this is going to be a RTS game there should be a decent ballance between the powers.
So people that arnt in a alliance also have a chance and arnt just used to farm resources for time after time.

This being said i am not sure how teamwork will play out in this game, so if i seem misguided sorry :P

PS
LiTos456 not sure if your reading this, but you should update your signature i think :O isnt beta 4 going to be released soon(tm)

Marcos182
12-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I would like alliances to be somehow focused on the honor system. Like you can publicly display "allied to "so and so" faction" but there is nothing stopping you from secretly helping their enemy (resources, giving them soldiers, etc.) for other purposes!

So by that i mean.. if you ally with someone, there shouldnt be any game mechanic there would require you to break that alliance to actually send resources or something to another "non-allied" faction.

chickenlota
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
ya that woudl sound cool like it would be cool if u could send some recources to them if they needed it to help witht the others weaknesses

Marcos182
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I just think that would make that type of diplomacy a unique part of any mmo game

-Sigma-
12-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Id love to have an Alliance like a all Human Council all something similar.

Better yet, might just convince some Orcs to join me and use them as the muscle while i kick back hehehe :D

Radman
12-05-2010, 09:38 PM
If you are in a alliance with people will it be that you cant attack them no matter wat and how will it work if you lets say quit the alliance and immediately go attack and pillage their city as i really dont want that to happen. Or is there going to be like a certain time after you quit an alliance that you cant attack them and once thats gone you are free to. How does quiting an alliance work as well?

12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm hoping for alliances hopefully they restrict how many players can be in an alliance though so there isn't a massive zerg alliance that just kills people with numbers. and honestly i hope it is race only alliance that would make things more interesting and promote interrealm activity kind of like DAoC with 3 realms going at it. It would make pvp more fun and I for one would prob join the race with the fewest players because i find it more fun but it always evens out in the end with a 3 way war.

QuartZ
12-06-2010, 03:45 AM
I hope so; i would love to be an elven faction with human allies! :D

Muahahaha, as a declared orc player i feel obliged to declare war ;) ... at least to the elven part of that alliance :P.

Emrus
12-06-2010, 04:04 AM
haha nice one, I am fed up of the usual form large guilds/clans to keep your foes at bay type of mmos

andyf91
12-06-2010, 05:43 AM
i would like it to take inspiration from the total war series where you can be allied, but certain rights(like trade rights, map information or military access) have to be achieved through diplomacy

Vind
12-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Alliances don't have to be beneficial that much....there are plenty of ways to nerf them.
When alliance attacks it needs to gather armies since there are some problems when mixing different armies they need to pay higher maintenance for that army. Also that kind of army might suffer some setbacks while on the march...

Secondly that kind of army would be spotted early so you might have a chance of attacking them on the way. Might even have time to set traps ahead of them...

If attack is successful large part of the loot gets "lost".

The army is not as efficient. Because lets say the elven archers don't know how to fight effectively in combination with human knights.

And at the end you need to pay a tribute to the alliance you are a part of. The bigger the alliance higher the tribute and stuff like that.

(mind you i didn't play the game so all this stuff is my guess of balancing)

andyf91
12-06-2010, 06:28 AM
good points whit the race mixing. maybe the commanders would have to have special training or learn the language of the other race if they wanted to fight together. diplomats might need translators and stuff

onafets
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm going to team up with my four buddies, and rule the game... now only if we start close together...

jambon99
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Alliances have to be allowed. I cant imagine playing a game with no alliances. How fun would that be. Now, I haven't played the game yet but i wont stick around for long If I only have enemies and no friends to brag with. Well, ok, I can play maps on SC2 with only enemies but i always have the option of teaming up at one point.

Alezzy
12-09-2010, 05:12 AM
if there's no aliances its allways funn when you crush someone :P

jambon99
12-09-2010, 07:40 AM
if there's no aliances its allways funn when you crush someone :P

I think it's alot more fun to crush players in teams than alone but I guess this is a personnality issue. I'm a team player and I enjoy contributing to a team and vis versa.

Emrus
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
May I bring you guys' attention to the following thread too , to get the discussion get along, on right path.

The alliances and Vassal systems, are kinda related topics hence this request..

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37366#post37366

Jack
12-11-2010, 11:49 AM
i have an idea if you want alliances
than you have to become an vessel of a big city like thorndall and than you are part of that kindom
so on your fellow vessals who are also vassel of thorndall are able to help you if you are in bad cituarions:D

cybroxis
12-11-2010, 11:55 AM
You do realize what a vassal is right?

Vassals are involuntary slave states to larger ones, whom they pay a regular tribute to solely to fend off being destroyed - I very much doubt in real life that they would willingly help another in that situation, as "vassal" does not equal "ally" - in fact it is a very tenuous relationship.
Vassals, I think, could only be implemented if one player nearly destroys another, and that player decides to have mercy, with the requirement the nearly destroyed player pay regular resources, troops, etc (like in the middle ages :P)

Jack
12-11-2010, 11:58 AM
wasnt a vassel a sort of slave :p
but like in mount and blade
there you got vassels to and like there it you werent (as long as i know) a slave
and it get close to an ally if you want to

Vimous
12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I should hope different factions can ally together. Mainly since every faction has different traits. lets say one faction is particular good against another faction. Then that one faction will always dominate the other. Need to mix alliances up so can get a well rounded alliance.

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Will it be possible to make alliances between different races ?

I hope so, because when you have a look at the poll which race the people want to play, humans are the majority and therefore would have an advantage if alliances would only be possible between same race.

jonson2000
01-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Later it's possible that give new race undead or darkelf?I just ask!I vote elf now.

Zarachas
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
I would hope they could make some more races, and you could have races like orcs/goblins vs humans/elves

or why not dwarfs vs elfs :)

ceronor298
01-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Kinda weird to have alliances with only 3 races. Unless you mean individual groups of those races.

nobby
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
++Undead you cannot resist that what cannot be killed

Quarok
01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Although if you allow inter-faction alliances, that messes up the 'humans declare war on orcs - all human players may now attack all orc players, and vice versa' scenario, which would lead to some truly epic encounters.

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Although if you allow inter-faction alliances, that messes up the 'humans declare war on orcs - all human players may now attack all orc players, and vice versa' scenario, which would lead to some truly epic encounters.

may sound good, but if thereīs only i.e. 10 orc tribes standing before 100 human players, it is a bit unfair, donīt you think so ?

alexander
01-20-2011, 09:45 AM

I agree with this. I'm such a fantasy geek that lore > gameplay in my book. both are important though, obviously. you wouldn't play WoW if the gameplay was atrocious, heh.

edueduedu93
01-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Anybody knows if there is going to be guilds in the online playing, that would be great!!!!!:rolleyes:

dverity
01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
From the video I just watched. It looked more like empires than guilds.

SonicMonkey
01-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Due to the large combat element of the game I am making an assumption that the races are going to have alliances / guilds. this will allow for larger scale battles between multiple players. Coordinating strategy and game play with others will be the best MMO part of the game. Simply have a giant FFA wouldn't work to keep players interested.

I hope that alliances can stake claims to areas of the map. IE guild/alliance something err other can take an area and hold it with castles / cities from the opposing factions.

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
It's individual groups. Think EVE Online - player alliances are based off player democracy, the "races" and their own NPC business don't have much to do with it.

tomche
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
would be good to have a short of guild system in the game

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 04:42 PM
There will be one I think. In addition, DoFSource will have an extensive guild system where you can register and manage your guilds in an online database.
/self promotion

Also, merged "Guilds" into "Alliances?". There is already a thread for this. Search before you post guys.
Edit: Merged another similar thread.

furanlost
01-21-2011, 04:23 AM
I would hope that there would be cross species alliances/guilds or the guild battles would seem very lack luster in a since. A guild would generally know what another guild will have and what they would generally need. But with human and say elves they could cover each others weaknesses.

SonicMonkey
01-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Cross race alliances will definately give the game some interesting things. For one it will help to manage balance issues. 1 on 1 battles might be lop sided at times. But if your guild/alliance can be a mix of all races then balance isn't much of an issue because you'll have a bit of everything for guild vs guild wars.

Rhino
01-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Alliances would make the game amazingly fun. Just imagine a huge unstoppable force that is gradually coming towards your kingdom and you have to quickly band up with other players around you so you can face almost inevitable destruction !!! :D

mrsnow327
02-14-2011, 12:38 AM
there sould be guilds and one guild should be able to ally them self with another guild

QuantaDragon
02-14-2011, 09:33 AM
i would go for an alliance that would have full of interaction among all of its members

i agree with you man, be better have people to talk to instead of people that's hardly ever on.

DorianLuthis
02-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Hey

Lets say I am in an Alliance. Will the Alliance be able to attack at the same time, lets say 20Members and the same Target. If it is possible, will the defender be able to have support. With that said I am sure that the battle will take place outside the defences and can wage over to the defences.

One other question is, will we be able to ambush an incoming army?

Neutral884nz
02-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Orcs only alliance!, Crush the puny humans and elves!