PDA

View Full Version : Internal Tester/QA Interns Wanted [FILLED]

Konstantin Fomenko
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
The deadline for this opening has passed. Keep checking the forums for future openings. Thanks.

Dear Forumers,

We are looking to add several Internal Testers to our team - and we wanted to give our fans a chance to join the team before we do an online posting.

Intern Tester/QA Internship:
Desired candidate will have a good amount of free time, a powerful home computer, 18 years old+, desire to get into the industry. Additional experience in Scenario design or LUA scripting would be a great asset.

Responsibilities:

Work from home - using wide range of online tools and communication applications - including Adobe Buzzword, Skype, MSN Messenger, Tortoise SVN, FTP.
Work with Programmers, Scripters and Level Designers to provide real-time testing reports.
Continuously play the game in the debug mode - not an enjoyable task for sure:)

Requirements:

Available 4 hours a day between 10AM EST and 5pm EST. (This might give a better chance to Candidates from Europe - who can work during their evening hours)
20 hours per week commitment
Powerful home computer: Quad CPU, 3GBs Ram, 1024 MBs or better video card.
Knowledge of Tortoise SVN and FTP
1 year experience designing Levels for any AAA RTS game (preferred but not required)
Some experience with LUA scripting language. Or similar scripting language (preferred but not required)

Benefits:

Monthly bonus payments after 1 month trial period
Opportunity for a continuous employment with Reverie
Wide range of learning opportunities - from 3D art to Level Design.
Full reference from Producer, and Managers
Full game credit

Please e-mail to jobs@reverieworld.com with your application. Subject: QA Intern Application

Konstantin Fomenko
12-01-2010, 11:18 AM
In addition I wanted to mention that this Internal Tester position is actually a lot of work:) So if you think you`ll get to play DoF all day long - I have to disappoint you.

Main responsibility would be to wait on MSN or Skype to get a message from one of the developers - to test some new feature or a bug solution. After you get this request, you update the game client using SVN. Fire up the game - go to the specific game situation, check what happens, and report back to developer via MSN or Skype.

For example - Lead Scripter asks you to check if the crash after playing MMORTS for 10 minutes is still there. You start the game, play MMORTS game mode for 10 minutes, get a crash. And report back to Lead Scripter. Repeat 20 times in the same day - until the problem is solved. You get the idea:)

GPS51
12-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Hmm looks beyond me to but GL to all applicants and I hope RWS finds some gems hidden in the rough ;)

tim1983
12-01-2010, 11:46 AM
this sounds really interesting.. especially since i live in Europe and am a bit of a nightowl.. too bad im missing knowledge of tortoise and a bunch of the other stuff too :( however, GL to the candidates..
to the developers: is knowledge of Tortoise a must?.. have betatested alot of games in my day, so if not, i might send you an application

Alex Walz
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
You can familiarize yourself with Tortoise SVN and FTP in a day, and the team can help you through any questions. These two alone shouldn't hurt your chances. SVN is just a form of file sharing between the team and Tortoise SVN is a free client.

Tortoise SVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/) (freeware)
FileZilla FTP (http://filezilla-project.org/) (freeware)

There's not much to know, just google them to familiarize yourself with the concepts of Subversions and File Transfer Protocols.

Henry Martin
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Alright I've just sent out my application. Goodluck to all the other appliicants.

Feweh
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Sent aswell, best of luck to all.

Tamiel
12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
would want 2 but im 14 and have a terrible computer

SilverLeaf
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM
1 year experience designing Levels for any AAA RTS game (preferred but not required)

To be honest, I'm not sure if theres even ONE of us here who has done that... correct me if I'm wrong.

Henry Martin
12-04-2010, 01:35 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure if theres even ONE of us here who has done that... correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I haven't, but I have been designing levels, period for over a year (with some rts maps included). Non professionally mind you (but with professional quality:D).

Jack
12-04-2010, 03:16 AM
i would like to do it but i cant because of a few reasons like i am 15 :( and i dont understand some termes like AAA RTS:confused:
it doesnt say anything to me

LiTos456
12-04-2010, 09:37 AM

There are many people here who have designed RTS levels for over a year. This is an RTS community, and there's a HG community present as well, and those folks mod games a lot.

Henry Martin
12-04-2010, 09:50 AM
i would like to do it but i cant because of a few reasons like i am 15 :( and i dont understand some termes like AAA RTS:confused:
it doesnt say anything to me

The simplest meaning of AAA title, is a commercially successful game, usually with a curtain level of polish. Examples of AAA rts titles Starcraft 2, Age of Empires III, Medieval 2 total War, dawn of war 2, World in Conflict, etc. O, I forgot one Dawn of Fantasy will also become a AAA title!;)

Alex Walz
12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Kon had to be called away for minor medical reasons, so I'll be taking over the application process.

Doesn't look like Kon set a deadline, but if you want to be considered in this first wave, please send in your application by the end of the day. And then, interviews will be scheduled for Monday and Tuesday - and Wednesday, if necessary.

Henry Martin
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
This is some great news to hear today. Are you doing the interviews Alex?

Jack
12-04-2010, 01:15 PM
it maybe a bit wrong but i dont think dawn of fantasy wont become an AAA title and not because it is bad but becuase of the publicity
if you have as publiser ea or ubisoft than the chance that you will become an AAA is much bigger.
but actualy this is just some crap that come out of my mouth;)

Alex Walz
12-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Are you doing the interviews Alex?
Yes, indeed. Kon will pick out the finalists and I'll be interviewing them.

it maybe a bit wrong but i dont think dawn of fantasy wont become an AAA title and not because it is bad but becuase of the publicity
if you have as publiser ea or ubisoft than the chance that you will become an AAA is much bigger.
As I've said many times, Dawn of Fantasy has yet to be officially announced. So it may be a little early to make such a statement.

Henry Martin
12-04-2010, 01:18 PM
but actualy this is just some crap that come out of my mouth;)

Was trying to be encouraging. Thanks a lot.:p

Tamiel
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
you never know the publisher might be EA

LiTos456
12-04-2010, 06:35 PM
It's not, trust me...

GPS51
12-04-2010, 06:56 PM
We can but hope not...

damunzy
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Alright I've just sent out my application. Goodluck to all the other appliicants.

Good luck....but not too much good luck. ;) Mine has been sent also! I have been wanting to get into game development for a while.....argh! I don't know that I will be able to sleep tonight. I feel like a kid not a grown adult.

flameoflucifer
12-05-2010, 02:44 AM
well,I`m 21!I know some C,C++ and Java programing!also web designe...!
If I can help....that would be great!

Noel Bohac
12-05-2010, 03:57 AM
don't know if this was filled, but just sent a resume. Any questions ect, just use the contact info. This is Noel B.

GL to everyone!

Henry Martin
12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Kon had to be called away for minor medical reasons

I hope kon is doing ok and feels better?

Alex Walz
12-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes, Kon is just fine. :) I won't get into the situation, but I believe he's out of the hospital but still drugged up a little and likely undergoing some physical therapy.

Farseer_Arien
12-05-2010, 12:38 PM
sounds fun and this gives complete oppertunity to get foot in the door without having to move.:)

Henry Martin
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, Kon is just fine. :) I won't get into the situation, but I believe he's out of the hospital but still drugged up a little and likely undergoing some physical therapy.

Good to hear. Hope all went well.:)

Corcscrew
12-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Just applied to the internship...Whew! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Cathorian
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
So... close... i liked what i was reading then the 18 age limit killed me cause I need one more year

Evil_morfar
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
That's just great :D

Alex Walz
12-06-2010, 04:04 PM
The finalists have been emailed, and interviews will take place over the next couple of days.

Thanks to all who applied, and even if you don't receive one of the current openings, we may contact you at a later time to see if you are still interested.

LiTos456
12-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Good luck all you folks!

I decided not to apply this time as I'd probably get left behind again and I'm focusing on a lot more real life things right now. But I'll be happy to see some of our dear forumers get on the team.

GPS51
12-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Congrats to all who make the finals. When I get a quad core I hope to join up too :)

BraveHeart
12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Congratulations guys;) Now rock this thing I havent apllied since I got no experience at all hehe but sure sounds like an awsome job to do.;)

Greetz Brave

Vulcanisik
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm sure you guys picked the right candidates. Congratulations to the people now working for the company! It's going to be a lot of fun and you'll learn a lot along the way = )

Rycon
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
This is a very good job opportunity especially for those who are still studying IT and working part-time IT.

Too bad I never familiarized myself with lua or rts world building. Sometimes I hate studying cisco networking knowing that programming or modelling/animation would get you a job in a game development company.

Gratz to the QA testers!