PDA

View Full Version : CB4 Discussions

Alex Walz
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Hello all!

After two months of hard work, we're finally ready to show you all what's been going on behind the scenes with the upcoming fourth Closed Beta stage, which is all set for a December 3rd launch! This stage will include the finished Kingdom Wars campaign, with many new features and fixes based off of CB3 feedback as well as the basics of Online Kingdom gameplay, come the first patch. Be one of the first people to choose your homeland, establish a thriving economy, build up a mighty stronghold, raise an army, protect your land from foreign threats, and completely the first several quests available from your homeland advisor!

On behalf of the team at Reverie World, I'd like to extend the beta testing by opening up sign-ups (http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/beta/) for the first time so that we can get each of you in-game!

Please use this thread for discussions/questions and use the thread linked to above when you're ready to sign-up.

tim1983
11-26-2010, 02:27 PM
super good news !, but low on posts, dang it... i guess its time to creep through the forums and find worthy posts to respond to

Espadachim
11-26-2010, 02:28 PM
So the Minimum specs raised? That's bad. :(

tim1983
11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
The minimum specs is still low i think... the specs they list i would guess the average gamer has this.. even my old computer, wich is on the computer graveyard now, could compete with those specs

tim1983
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
oh, but hey, i saw it listed Windows XP,and Vista as a minimum requirement.. what about Windows 7? can users that have that, still sign up for the beta?

Henry Martin
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM
oh, but hey, i saw it listed Windows XP,and Vista as a minimum requirement.. what about Windows 7? can users that have that, still sign up for the beta?

yes, yes. For all you non-pc people, just because a hardware or software (OS) is not listed doesn't me it wont work. If windows xp and vista are supported, then clearly the newest version will work too (windows 7).

To answer your question, yes windows 7 will work. I'm 110% you are the father.:D Sorry was listening to Maury earlier.

tim1983
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
yes, yes. For all you non-pc people, just because a hardware or software (OS) is not listed doesn't me it wont work. If windows xp and vista are supported, then clearly the newest version will work too (windows 7).

To answer your question, yes windows 7 will work. I'm 110% you are the father.:D Sorry was listening to Maury earlier.

ohh thats a relief.. guess im not the biggest techie in the world tho and im definitly not having any babies at the moment :D dont know who Maury is tho :P

Taunaic
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Аhh! Have I waited and finally have a chance to play a good game? ".. it is a miracle :D

N3V312M0123
11-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm very eager to test out the game's graphics on my machine, and how smoothly the highest settings run. I've got a pretty good gaming rig so it's all set for CB4!

szebus
11-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Wow, these news are wonderful and comes exactly when i got to have free time to. :D
Waited for this a while.

Smerf
11-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Great news, I was waiting for the next beta phase. Hope to get a invite.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
UPDATE: We are finishing work on a Beta Sign-up website. It should be online tomorrow (Sunday).
Meanwhile - we are closing the sign-up post, until the sign-up form is ready to go. Please wait 1 day before signing up.
Everyone who signed up so far- please sign up again using the Beta Sign-up website once it`s available.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Sign-ups are now officially open. Please head to our Beta Website to sign-up: http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/beta/

Note: everyone who signed-up in the past two days using the forum post - would need to sign up again using the Web form.

srpiccoro
11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Just a quick question, how long will this closed beta last more or less?

lonewolf9567
11-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Few! Just signed up

lonewolf9567
11-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Am i supposed to get a confirmation email after i sign up? I didnt get one so im not sure if i actually signed up or not.

Henry Martin
11-27-2010, 06:05 PM

Well it officially ends when the 5th beta starts. When that beta starts is when reverie decides to start it. Could be anywhere from a month to 3 months. These betas are to help them get rid of bugs and to smooth out the gameplay/graphics.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Am i supposed to get a confirmation email after i sign up...
Not right now. But rest assured your application was successfully received.
We are still adding more features to the beta sign-up page, like sending out confirmation e-mails:)

Everyone who gets access to the closed beta - also automatically gets Open beta access.
Closed beta will be On until sometime in January, with Open beta (in two waves) - all the way until the Release.

jleem21
11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Sooo...Two more betas then DoF is good for release? lol I'm hoping for a date to look forward to

evilwithin
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
finally CB4 :D good thing i finally signed up just 2 days before :p

lonewolf9567
11-28-2010, 05:19 PM
when can we expect to be contacted?

Henry Martin
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM

probably around the time the beta starts. They usually start a thread for those that didn't get an email, But I could be wrong.

Nermal
11-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Yup not easy filling out the last post 10+ comments req, seems most questions really have been up and around. Guess one will have alot more to talk about if one get in :rolleyes:

raizun
11-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to fill my 10 post count as well. I can't wait to get into CB4, been anticipating a look into DOF as well as anyway I could help.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-29-2010, 08:08 AM
actually.... as soon as next week. We are looking to start Closed Beta 4 - early or mid of next week.

SmasherKao
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
please don't think im spamming the forums, i need 10 posts.

Emrus
12-06-2010, 08:31 AM
sorry if it has been asked earlier but, any idea how long the CB4 phase is gonna last? approx.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
sorry if it has been asked earlier but, any idea how long the CB4 phase is gonna last? approx.

All the players who get into CB4 - will have access to all consecutive beta phases - keep on playing the game into Spring 2011.

And more specifically CB4 will last until early-mid January, to be continue by CB 5.

-Sigma-
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Just how many people are going to be accepted? I hope i do :(

Aothane
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
200 apparently, of which 150 are in place. Not to sound a little subdued but it really speaks to how drawn out the process has been for Dawn of Fantasy to not attract that many within a day of available registrations. I'm reasonably positive of the hybrid genre's natural appeal, as with DoF's setting, gameplay details and available media, so I think this reflects the consequence (understandably necessary at times) of protracted delays. Nonetheless developments are underway, let's all hope good things are coming together.

-Sigma-
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
200 apparently, of which 150 are in place. Not to sound a little subdued but it really speaks to how drawn out the process has been for Dawn of Fantasy to not attract that many within a day of available registrations. I'm reasonably positive of the hybrid genre's natural appeal, as with DoF's setting, gameplay details and available media, so I think this reflects the consequence (understandably necessary at times) of protracted delays. Nonetheless developments are underway, let's all hope good things are coming together.

Yeah very true. This game has a lot of potential ive been looking it at for a couple of years now. It be great to get invited.

Elkoremarr
12-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Great i just got rest of the year off work. Great time to help test this game.

Jack
12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
i am looking for this game since the first time i readed about it
and that is long ago :P
and now i can finally play the beta after al those years
but if we get mail, will it have a link to a download file or what are we surposed to do?

andyf91
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
It'll probably a mail containing a code and a link to where you download it. Eighter that or it might be connected to our forum accounts since it was an requirement to even apply for the beta. anyway the mail will tell you everything we need tomorrow.

hawkravengold
01-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Very exciting! Can't wait!

Badguy82
01-31-2011, 01:15 AM
I have been waiting for a game like this for a VERY long time! I can't wait til release!

Joobs
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I have been looking up games for the past 4 hours now when I stumbled upon this game and crapped myself.

Better be good
I joke I joke

Puppeteer
03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I have been looking up games for the past 4 hours now when I stumbled upon this game and crapped myself.

Better be good
I joke I joke

Four hours?!
Fear not, your long journey is at its end.

jimehau
03-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Excellent, good to hear it. I'm looking forward to this and wish it all the best and offer my support however i can.