PDA

View Full Version : New & curious :)

Jean=A=Luc
01-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone, one more for the Elven cause here. :)

I'm really glad to see these forums back up since they were already down when I found out about this game and all info about it was quite old so I was afraid this project might have died out. I've been waiting for a properly epic fantasy RTS like this for a long time and it made my day to see that DoF is still underway.

1. I'm curious to know if any significant changes have happened since 2007 when it comes to mentioned features like RPG-style combat calculations, weather/terrain effects, the complex yet very interesting magic system, "realistic" naval combat with units aboard ships, some units capable of swimming, corpse looting etc. So basically, is everything still as the old threads describe it? It's really important to me because I really love all those features. :)

2. Will the unit counter be in the rock-paper-scissors style like spearmen doing +X% dmg. to cavalry which in turn does +X% dmg to archers etc. or will this be handled differently?

3. I saw mention of units being organized in battalions. Does that mean that units come out of production buildings already in battalion-form (like in BfME) or do you group them later or what?

4. Is the release really planned for May? Will the releases be separate or simultaneous for Canada/USA/Europe?

5. Will the game support replays?

Thank you, looking forward to this. Maybe I'll think of some more questions later on. ;)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi Jean and welcome to our forums, to answer your questions:

1. I'm curious to know if any significant changes have happened since 2007 when it comes to mentioned features like RPG-style combat calculations...
Most of these are in. Looks like swimming might not make it though.

2. Will the unit counter be in the rock-paper-scissors style like spearmen doing +X% dmg. to cavalry which in turn does +X% dmg to archers etc. or will this be handled differently?
Nope, our system is more complex than RPS - RPG style, with blocking hits, armor, real-world-combat approach e.t.c

3. I saw mention of units being organized in battalions. Does that mean that units come out of production buildings already in battalion-form (like in BfME) or do you group them later or what?
Both options will be available.

4. Is the release really planned for May? Will the releases be separate or simultaneous for Canada/USA/Europe?
I can`t speak for our publisher. And release is set for this summer.

Jean=A=Luc
01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I've been reading through the forums some more and noticed that the replay issue was left in the "limbo" to possibly be influenced by popular demand (or the lack of it) so I'd just like to throw in my vote on this.

I don't know if any definitive decisions have been made regarding replays during the past months but if it's still "hanging in the balance" I would certainly recommend implementing this feature, if not at the release then in a patch later on.
Here's why: For example look at a site like www.gamereplays.org It's a very large and even more active gaming community practically centered around the games' replays features. Replays allow people to learn and compare strategies, comment on each other's play styles or simply show off. They give people a lot to talk about and discuss which strengthens the community and keeps interest in a game alive for much longer + they can be just plain fun to watch. I think the effort it takes to implement replays is largely overshadowed by their long term benefits. That is all. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
No worries - replay feature is allready in-game:) Thanks to the fans who suggested that we add it in earlier on.

Jean=A=Luc
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh ok, somehow I missed it, and I thought I was being really thorough. :o

Puppeteer
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, keep up Jean! lol
I have a question: can you ungroup battalions?

iceblast
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
hey welcome!.

Jean=A=Luc
01-29-2008, 11:26 AM
hey welcome!.

Thanks. :) I'm kinda glad I joined only recently. Had I known about this game since its development started out the anticipation would have given me a heart attack by now. The devs should take this as a compliment. Even summer seams too far away. Heh, patience isn't one of my virtues I guess. :p

SvN
01-29-2008, 11:44 AM
no swimming?:(
and welcome!:)

The Witch King of Angmar
01-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, keep up Jean! lol
I have a question: can you ungroup battalions?

No, I don't think so.

iceblast
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
in universe at war the grunts came out 1 by 1. But you could group them into an unlimited horde size i did one with 100 grunts in lol. :P

SPARROW94
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Lolz in the beta i just build the other walkers... but never the infantry walker's

SPARROW94
01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
But this is about DoF not UaW

Super Nova
02-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Sense people are asking grouping or battalions questions can u group calvary mages together ?

Jean=A=Luc
02-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Sense people are asking grouping or battalions questions can u group calvary mages together ?

Cavalry are just regular units like any other so I don't see why not.

Mages will be more hero like and present in only small numbers (~1-3) so I don't expect to see battalions of them. :)

SPARROW94
02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Meh i dont realy care about join simple battlions..just creat a tab

borbask
02-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Hi everyone!

I am Krisztián from Hungary, and I am really looking forward to your game! It seems to be amazing!
I am new this forum, so first execuse me if i asked something that was enquired about before.
When is the release date of dawn of fantasy, and when will a demo be avaible?
Good work guys!:) :)

Jean=A=Luc
02-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi Krisztián. :)

The devs only said that the release is set for this summer. It will probably be June unless there are some unexpected delays.

There will be a demo but whether it'll be released before or after the game itself, who knows...

borbask
02-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Thanks for your kindness of answering me Jean=A=Luc. I hope I did not misspelled your name.
Anyway, as I see you will be playing with the elves once the game is ready. Am I right?
Best wishes!
Krisztián:) :D

Jean=A=Luc
02-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Yeah, as someone somewhere once said, "My hand is mortal, my heart is elven".

And don't worry about misspelling, it's not my real name anyway. :p

borbask
02-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Jean=A=Luc, could you tell me, how can I set my sect. I am succeeded in setting my group, but I do not want to be a nasty,ugly, all-eating goblin:)

Jean=A=Luc
02-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Well, go the same way you joined the Orc sect so, User CP -> Group Memberships -> click Leave Group (don't forget to mark your choice by clicking that little white dot to the right) to leave the Orc sect and then just join whichever sect/group you want. To clarify, sect and group are the same thing.

frankein_fish
02-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Yeah and a another way to change you'r "title" is by posting for an example as a human you start as a peasant after 25post's you become a warrior and so on

SPARROW94
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
meh goblins are stupid.nobs are kewler

The Witch King of Angmar
03-01-2008, 08:05 PM
What are nobs?

Jean=A=Luc
03-02-2008, 05:03 AM
Hey guys, stop spamming my thread. :p

I'm pretty sure he means nobz from Warhammer 40k. The goblin equivalent there are the Gretchins.

SPARROW94
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
wow we got a 4ok player in here...bet i would pwn you