PDA

View Full Version : no new news is killing the site...

Noel Bohac
10-18-2010, 01:45 PM
well ok , it's been like this for awhile, but sadly it's dead in here same with any info. While I do understand there is a publisher at the reigns now. I am starting to think this title is going along the lines of vaporware. Nothing to insult, just saying.

GPS51
10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Well it's rolling along. It seems that half of the website users are now in beta 3 so that might explain why the blue names have not published anything new. Although I do agree that some info published would be a good thing.

Alex Walz
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey, we are really sorry that we've been keeping everyone in the dark for the past couple weeks. The game is making excellent progress, as the beta testers can likely attest too, but we cannot release any new information until our publisher steps in, which should be any day now.

GPS51
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
So long as we don't have to go publisher hunting to get some new news :)

Alex Walz
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, this whole quiet thing is really killing me as there's so much cool stuff being implemented that I just want to scream out like I've been doing for the past year. :p But just try and be more patient than me, and everything will be revealed soon enough.

GPS51
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
So when will you be releasing the name of the publisher and why so hush hush?

LiTos456
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Its far from vaporware. You could say this a year ago. But now the betas are moving quickly and things are pretty active under the covers. So just give it a wait, you'll get your info soon :)

Feweh
10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Problem is all the active forums posters are in beta.

So they are all in their sub forum posting in the Beta section. (My best guess)

GPS51
10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah I see your point. I guess just figure that this is the transition time before the publisher begins publishing info.

Henry Martin
10-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Its a lie, the beta doesn't exist. Everyone is on vacation. They're serving punch and pie.:p

Brian Shingles
10-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Its a lie, the beta doesn't exist. Everyone is on vacation. They're serving punch and pie.:p

Krabs! You're not supposed to tell people that, that's why we have an NDA. Now everyone will want pie!
:p

Henry Martin
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Krabs! You're not supposed to tell people that, that's why we have an NDA. Now everyone will want pie!
:p

Dang it. You caught me.

GPS51
10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah and it's reasonably tasty. I mean programmers or level designers aren't known for cooking skills but I was surprised.

Joseph Visscher
10-19-2010, 12:22 PM
When handing over reins of control of something to something there is a gap of time which nobody is able to do anything until the reins of that something is held and being controlled by the new entity.

MEDIA.

Simple explanations without any name calling is the solution here. No NDAs broken.

Henry Martin
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
When handing over reins of control of something to something there is a gap of time which nobody is able to do anything until the reins of that something is held and being controlled by the new entity.

MEDIA.

Simple explanations without any name calling is the solution here. No NDAs broken.

I didn't upset you did I? I'm sorry if I did.:(

Noel Bohac
10-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Good to hear guys, just saying as trying to help promote and share this title, there is really nothing to show at this point or discuss as this is the current sistuation. Well hopfully soon we will have something new to talk about. GL in beta and make it a game that gamers want to play! :)

Konstantin Fomenko
10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I completely agree this silence is terrible!:) And you - the dedicated fans are suffering the most. But we`ll be sure to get most of you into Closed Beta Wave 4 with-in a month:) A full announcement will be coming up soon.

GPS51
10-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow we'll be swarmed by new visitors. Us oldies will have to band together. :)

Henry Martin
10-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Thats great news. Can't wait to hear more about the publisher.

LiTos456
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow we'll be swarmed by new visitors. Us oldies will have to band together. :)

TO ARMS, MEN!
*raises modhammer*

Looking forward to the press release. Very serious business.

Zelph
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Glad to hear things are still moving forward with this project! I've been checking up on this game off and on over the past year or so, both excited for its development and also a little concerned. Keep it going guys! :cool:

Joseph Visscher
10-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I didn't upset you did I? I'm sorry if I did.:(
What? No. lol

Text for the average author is good for all forms of communication except 1: The Author's Emotion. ;)

TO ARMS, MEN!
*raises modhammer*

Looking forward to the press release. Very serious business.

If we welcome new visitors, then moderation will as well, unless you want your modhammer taken away and replaced with... hmmmm... A Bokay of Flowers. lol :p

LiTos456
10-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Why thank you kind si--- Oh wait I see what you did there >.>

I promise to be nice to new visitors, and not close thread before their questions have been answered even if there are other threads about that question. I will however tell them how to use the search function to bring up threads with similar answered questions.

However if there are new spam bots and spammers with fake signatures etc, I will inform and use my hammer promptly to stop them.

Joseph Visscher
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Why thank you kind si--- Oh wait I see what you did there >.>

I promise to be nice to new visitors, and not close thread before their questions have been answered even if there are other threads about that question. I will however tell them how to use the search function to bring up threads with similar answered questions.

However if there are new spam bots and spammers with fake signatures etc, I will inform and use my hammer promptly to stop them.

Thats great, thanks LiTos. Gotta welcome the new blood ~ er people.

LiTos456
10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh come on you can't do that, that's just not fair.
I do my job D:<

Henry Martin
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
What? No. lol

Text for the average author is good for all forms of communication except 1: The Author's Emotion. ;)

Ok, Cause everyone should love the krabs. It is kind of hard to be mad at me.:D

Yeah litos. at least give them a day before scaring them with the "Hammer".:p

Raulaun
10-21-2010, 03:52 AM

What!? Eeeew

Henry Martin
10-21-2010, 07:25 AM
What!? Eeeew

Nope, I'm more like a hermit krab.:)

SvN
10-21-2010, 07:33 AM
With regard to the publisher - I`m glad to say everything is settled, and a formal press-release should be expected with-in a couple of weeks. After that both the publisher, and Alex will start promoting the game again. And we expect things to pick up really fast - with A LOT more visitors, judging by our publisher`s track record - they can spread the word pretty fast:) I`m hoping for something like 1-2,000 new forumers before the end of the year.

That's good news:)

Noel Bohac
10-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Nice, great to hear! Just remember us small guys before you get flooded with fans ;)

nickson104
10-21-2010, 10:16 AM

Yeah litos. at least give them a day before scaring them with the "Hammer".:p

WE LOVE YOUUUUUUU

Oh and by the way.... I see what you did there... well trust me thats not his hammer... his p..... is the hammer.... lol :D I joke, have you seen Dr Horribles Singalong Blog, by anychance? If so, niec reference, if not then do so... :p

Also, I hope I count as one of those oldies that can band together! Although I remember numerous people who precede me in that department... Also I still need to apologise for not coming on lately. However I will continue to try returning now and then, I am intrigued by who this powerful publisher is...

TheLastRebel07
10-22-2010, 12:15 PM
ya its killing me i wana play this game so bad

Vimes
10-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the absence folks- real life work took over. I am back and updating my site - I plan to make some noise about DoF, Picaroon and End of Nations. Hoping the noise of all brings folks running to the genre.

Congratz btw on the publisher deal - I know its a bit late but a fine achievement.

Tbeaz161
10-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Good news in this thread. I've been checking off an on the forumns for awhile and was a little worried that things werent going so well because of the lack of news. This looks like an amazing game and im glad i will indeed get a chance to play it eventually :D

Altastico
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Any idea on a release date yet, take it its not gonna be 2010 anymore?

evilwithin
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
well the 4th wave of the bata is starting on the 4 dec and any one on the forum can sign up for it so its getting closer

doom132
11-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I noticed that even when they where posting fantasy fridays they never really updated the main site, no new videos or pics

atom11
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe after open beta start than will be more pictures and videos.

SmasherKao
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
why was the last game play vid in may?

Alex Walz
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Videos take a lot of resources to produce and, considering Dawn of Fantasy has yet to be officially announced, there is little to gain from taking away development resources.

The site gallery was switched out a couple of times with new screenshots but, who knows, maybe that site will get completely redesigned soon. ;)

As for screenshots, we have the Screenshot of the Week and we are preparing a bundle of screenshots that will be released with the official announcement.

sordurar
12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Videos take a lot of resources to produce and, considering Dawn of Fantasy has yet to be officially announced, there is little to gain from taking away development resources.

The site gallery was switched out a couple of times with new screenshots but, who knows, maybe that site will get completely redesigned soon. ;)

As for screenshots, we have the Screenshot of the Week and we are preparing a bundle of screenshots that will be released with the official announcement.

Some people are just inpatient and cant understand how hard you guys are working on this awsome game :) so keep it up and deliver us this game!

Tenebrion
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I've always found pre-launch sites to be a bit slow. The proof is in the pudding, in the end.