PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas.....

srpiccoro
09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
First of all, I recently joined the forums, read about this game on some gaming website which I can't remember right now, and it got me hooked up.
A few thing I've noticed (although I haven't read the whole suggestions....yet) is that apparently there is no concern for some sort of raw metal resource, I mean, gold food stone and wood is okay, but unless all weapons are made of gold and stone, or conjured by magical means, there should be some kind of mining system. Another thing that came up is, that I've seen no mention of a profession system kind of like in Hinterland, if your units can levelup and they're all kind of unique, shouldn't they give something in return to society? During war, everyone joins in battle, but outside of it? Archers should be hunters, or trackers, there should be armorsmiths, blacksmiths, and etc etc
I know it would add a big layer of micromanagement, but it would also add a layer of depth rarely seen in rts games. Maybe I'm just asking for something that's not plausible , but maybe someone out there agrees with me.
Another thing that I think could help, would be a military academy, let's say you have veteran units, and you have rookies. The vets know a thing or two, so they should be able to teach the new units, and that way they could acquire new skills and such.
Suggestions? I'm open for them

Kire
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
For first part of your post, here is magic =), so blame it for that.
For second part. In this game you will always be in war so that (farmer in peace and soldier in war) is not needed =P. Beside that i like your idea.
There will be also training grounds (to lvl troops outside of battle) so that covers your suggestion of veterans teaching newcomers.

Henry Martin
09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
For the metal, makes sense. Especially if they add dwarves (which I'm waiting for:D).

That profession system is interesting, but this game is like a mixture of total war and age of empires. For now that would be to much to add for the company, but I do like the Idea.

for the last Idea, kire said everything.

srpiccoro
10-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Well, in any case, you can always try to add what you want if the game is moddable enough

Henry Martin
10-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Well, in any case, you can always try to add what you want if the game is moddable enough

That's a definite. I will be doing that myself when the game comes out.

Valhalla
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's hard to mod a MMO game they're alot of failed attempts check out mmo mod on MODDB.com see how many never made it

Marcos182
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
i like the idea of iron mines and wood cutters or whatever

Henry Martin
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
It's hard to mod a MMO game they're alot of failed attempts check out mmo mod on MODDB.com see how many never made it

Your right it is. But this also has a singleplayer and also there is an editor that is going to be released with the game. When there is an editor you can make maps for people to play offline with.

oddi74
12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
i also like the idea.
then i would see an army of hunters :D

LoLzLobster
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd like to see traps in the game. In the stronghold games you could put pitch on the field in front of your castle walls and set it on fire with flaming arrows to kill your attackers. There were also things like rolling logs over the castle walls to kill the guys climbing ladders and people below.

I think that having traps would add an interesting tactical element, and each race could have some race only traps. They could be used to further differentiate the different races and how they fight.

GPS51
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
The Human race do have spike traps and the devs are open to idea for the other races. Try to be as specific as possible with ideas to get them into the game.

Hans
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
On Stronhold i had at every Tower a Tribuchet, imo its not the way it should be, its not realistic and i think the way that DoF goes is the better one !

LoLzLobster
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh, I haven't read anything about traps yet I wasn't sure if they were implemented in the game yet. I read that the orcs raise wargs (those big wolf things) , so as a trap the orcs could have cages with wargs in them that they could release that would go berserk into the enemies forces.

Are the elves in this game the fantasy woodland elves? If so they could have some type of creeper vine that contstricts some units and kills them unless a second unit cuts them out of the vines.

Negthareas
01-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Actually, that vine thing idea does intrigue me. Kind of like a Venis fly trap concept, or other carnivorous plants. Imagine having like 200 orcs walking through a field only for all of them to be dragged to the ground and killed by blood-sucking needle-covered vines. Of course, there would have to be easy counters for things like this - the trick would be using them when a player is not prepared and checking for them. Then you could do lots of damage.

GoGoCactusMan!
01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that we are to assume that the metal comes in part on trade or purchase of equipment. Its not to say that the items are made specifically from what our kingdoms would have on hand as much as when we purchase our troops, part of that money is going to a unseen black smith who uses his own materials he attained from who knows where to equip your soldiers.

I would like to see, and I mentioned this in another section of the forums last night, something along the lines of rare mines or materials that pop up here and there. It would get a lot of people to try and fight across sections of land to get them and set up a supply line so they can attain whatever the rare thing is. Once they have it, they can "spend" it on equipping men in their armies with tougher, rare armor, or something of a sort.

It could even make the person who gets it a bigger target in the community, becoming a larger threat with better equipment, temporary alliances could be formed to swat down the now powerful player.

atsumok
01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd never really thought about the resources but now that u mention it we do need some kind of metal resource in the game other then gold and stone

Warchamp84
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I actually really like the idea above me and on this thread, of course some on said you could always mode it your self when the game is ready for modding. But i think that with the idea of traps is very necessary, as it would really add in the tactical and strategical methods of warfare. Also i think that with the introductions of methods of warfare each race should have different types of methods of warfare.

Warfare is great but when you can choose the type of warfare you good at it makes it even better. Like conventional warfare(ALL OUT WARFARE)

Guerrilla warfare should seriously be introduced for small time warfare. As in small teams of men attacking cities or supply lines to render the enemy unsuccessfully at its tactics. This would really be very interesting to see in game against other players. Also would be a great addtion to the Hardcore mode if it gets made.

OH OH and that reminds me it would be really interesting to see if the game adds in features such as special units such as assassins or heroes which have special abilities. Like assassin could be sent to enemy city before hand battle to gain information or sabotage enemy lines.

This would really add-in a new layer of depth to this game.