PDA

View Full Version : Halo reach

Tamiel
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
I was just wondering if theres anyone here whos going to get reach on the release date and if they wanted to play with me.
reply or pm me if your interested.

Edit:
I5t just arrived 3 day early :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Raulaun
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm a bit low on cash and gamestop is 29 miles away, I may get it in the next three weeks when my paycheck comes.

SoCalDistortion
09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
The Forge World is so BIG!

What a robust and fun map editor for an Xbox Live title!

Henry Martin
09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Never cared for the halo series. So I'm not going to get this.

Khan kreiger
09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
^LMFAO
why would you say anythin then. But anyways iv been thinkin of gettin this since i lost my halo disk :(....but dont have any cash i need a job soo bad

Henry Martin
09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
^LMFAO
why would you say anythin then.

He asked a question, I gave an answer.:)

Raulaun
09-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I mostly play halo for the creativity. I dont like the actual competitiveness of it and 95% of the time im in forge the last 5% is playing infection/grifball.

nickson104
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I mostly play halo for the creativity. I dont like the actual competitiveness of it and 95% of the time im in forge the last 5% is playing infection/grifball.

The creativity element of it is great. Halo has such a great engine, allowing amazing things to happen and its forge mode was great. And from what I have heard of the new version, it has been far improved again...
In my time of halo3 I played roughly 1500 ranked matches, 1500 social matches and 1500 custom games... However I did have some very long sprints in forge.

I so want reach, but I cant afford it for a few weeks... :( someone buy me it please? :D

teejai
09-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I have Reach, its pretty good.. I've only played the campaign aspect so far but from what I've read/heard the forge section and the online part are supposed to be really good (especially the expansion of forge). But thats just what I've read.. I'll find out later after I beat the campaign (I always do the campaign first then do the rest..)

In regards to playing it together.. I hardly ever have a chance to play anything it seems so once DoF is in Phase 3 any available gaming hours = there

EmpressHebihime
09-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Got it on it's realease date. ^^
Loved the story line and it is just simply awesome!
Reach! <3

teejai
09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Bungie did a very good job putting it together and a very well done send off also as its their last Halo that they'll be doing (I believe Activision is taking it over now.. which is owned by Blizzard.. maybe a Halo MMO? LOL) Anyways, the game is a huge improvement on 3 (not even going to bring up ODST though). Love it and will be playing it for a long while.. hopefully the same goes with DoF ;)

Josh Warner
09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Activision owns Blizzard, not the other way around. Though some might try and tell you it's a partnership, it's not lol. Blizzard retains some autonomy, but still technically under Activision now.

Henry Martin
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Activision owns Blizzard, not the other way around. Though some might try and tell you it's a partnership, it's not lol. Blizzard retains some autonomy, but still technically under Activision now.

Well, Activision merged with a company called Vivendi games (who owned Blizzard). When they merged they called it Activision-Blizzard. But I believe that Vivendi games parent company(Vivendi) owns them and allows them to operate to an extant, as their own companies( which you will be surprised how many companies do this).

Josh Warner
09-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Well, Activision merged with a company called Vivendi games (who owned Blizzard). When they merged they called it Activision-Blizzard. But I believe that Vivendi games parent company(Vivendi) owns them and allows them to operate to an extant, as their own companies( which you will be surprised how many companies do this).

I mentioned autonomy. And I assure you Activision will retain the final say in whatever they want, however they may have learned their lesson about deciding things for their developers by now and let Blizzard work on their own for the most part. However when you look at things like the Facebook integration in SC2 before chat channels you have to start seriously questioning if that was a developer or publisher decision. I can't picture the developers being that detached from their fans.

More on topic, a Halo MMO while possible, I'd have no interest in it. Blizzard has never done an FPS and halo as anything but an FPS would look and feel like an abomination. Case in point; Halo Wars.

teejai
09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Ahh I see, I got my facts mixed up. The merger thing had me slightly confused as it seemed like it was more of a Blizzard Parent company 'grabbing' Activision (which I thought was close to going bankrupt at one time).

As for the Halo MMO, I don't think it will be to successful, or atleast not as 'big' as people would hope. Shooter MMO's don't seem to be doing that well (with perhaps Global Agenda being an acception). I had tested/played APB and while it had some promise on release time it was still only in a 'beta phase' and well.. they folded the project so its no longer around anymore. Aspects of it were amazing, while the bugs and some other issues killed it.. even EA said it was doomed lol..

Well off to play some more Reach ;)

Josh Warner
09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Activision is only rivaled in size by EA from my understanding. As for Activision doing poorly, they own call of duty. That alone could probably float the rest of their company. Well, until the recent exodus of the studio behind CoD anyway.

Planetside beats global agenda by.. miles is putting it lightly. Or it did during it's prime anyway, game is a shadow of it's former self these days sadly.

Henry Martin
09-18-2010, 11:57 PM
You are forgeting about Ubisoft which is just as big as Activision-Blizzard (size and profit). Hopefully Activisions mess up with that company will make respawn entertainment a better company.

Well APB is not necessarily dead, there are potentially buyers.

Josh Warner
09-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Ubisoft's revenue for q1 2010 were from what I can see was 200~ mil with activision depending on non GAAP and GAAP respectively, 1.3 bil or 700~ mil. EA for comparison was at 650~ mil GAAP and 800~ mil non GAAP. I can't find if that 200 for ubisoft was GAAP or not.

Ubisoft is a great company, and they're definitely not small, but they're at best a third of EA and Activision.

If you consider zombification by SoE alive then yes, APB might live, lol. I mean anything's possible, but I wouldn't expect too much. I didn't care for APB at all, I didn't like it or the GTA games for that matter. But their project was ambitious and an impressive scale, it's sad to see the game ultimately fail now. What they were trying to accomplish was a lofty goal, even with their budget.

teejai
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Well I started something I know alittle about but you guys seem to know a lot about so its interesting hearing (reading) all this. In regards to APB, it seems that they were just bound to fail.. while the game was ambitious it lacked any story or depth besides the customization and 'go kill someone' routine. Also many bugs and hacking issues plagued it from before it even started.. I think APB will R.I.P. but something will come along and rebuild upon what it did and just do it better..

As for Planetside.. I don't like that game so it doesn' count hahaha :D

Henry Martin
09-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Well I started something I know alittle about but you guys seem to know a lot about so its interesting hearing (reading) all this. In regards to APB, it seems that they were just bound to fail.. while the game was ambitious it lacked any story or depth besides the customization and 'go kill someone' routine. Also many bugs and hacking issues plagued it from before it even started.. I think APB will R.I.P. but something will come along and rebuild upon what it did and just do it better..

As for Planetside.. I don't like that game so it doesn' count hahaha :D

Josh knows more then me. I've never played APB myself. That's all I hear is mostly negative things about it. But Epic games is one of the potential buyers. If a more successful game company buys it, that could be good news for the game.

Ok I don't want to keep this thread from the halo people, so I wont post anymore in here.

Sorry halo people.:)

Supreme
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Liked Halo Reach (played for a bit coop with a friend), though it felt like a marginally updated version of Halo I.

Liked APB too but it plagued me with lag (still dont know why) and even in the few times I played it it got kinda repetative.

teejai
09-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Reach was Halo 1 mixed with Halo 3, and 2 side orders which contained Halo 2 & ODST. I overall think it is amazing, I love playing some of the Halo 1 maps in 16 player multiplayer, and the new maps are interesting, the multiplayer aspect I think is good.. I was a big COD4: MW fan.. (Not so much #2), and I think this game almost rivals it in how addicting its online is.. also when you go online and there is around 1,000,000 playing.. you know you'll have someone to play with ;) (even though they could be a annoying 12 yr old boy/girl with parent issues)

The campaign.. I liked, a lot of people say they disliked it because it was short and sort of bland.. (critics). The game gets hated on quite a bit for some reason.. I only have 2 gripes.. and that is the ending of Halo 2 (I mean.. come on! I have to buy a 360 to see the ending of Master Chiefs adventures?!).. and ODST.. overall (not including Halo Wars) the rest of the series is amazing..

Off Topic: ..... almost time for stage 3 beta of DoF!....

blackfang
09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Apb is over its gone

LiTos456
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah Im really sad about that. Me and my friends loved the game when we played the beta. Although it had some bad balancing issues, it's some of the best fun we've ever had in a game.

There is however a rumor that Epic might be picking up APB (http://www.maximumpc.com/article/home/rumor_epic_looking_resurrect_urban-theme_mmo_apb) when they're done with other things... I really hope they do, that'd be fantastic.

nickson104
10-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Halo:Reach, I expected to be a failure. However it was a complete surprise and I am VERY happy with it. It kept to the halo feel, and just improved it a bit by giving us a few new toys.
ForgeWorld is great, I spend so much of my time making maps. (Even if I havent figured out fully how to develop the maps for gametypes, they made it so awkward lol)
I enjoyed

Bourne
12-05-2010, 01:56 AM
APB has actually been purchase and will debut next year again. It's a shame...it had such potential, I'm glad it's getting a second chance.

Reach is awesome btw.

sania2
12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
I expected to be a failure. However it was a complete surprise and I am VERY happy with it. It kept to the halo feel, and just improved it a bit by giving us a few new toys.
absolutely same opinion.

whitewing91
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
i'll done with reach for now, but when I'm back on it maybe

oddi74
12-06-2010, 11:55 AM
i still play reach. but not much.
it is the best one so far.