PDA

View Full Version : System of government

Gruber12
08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Didnt find anything in a search but is there going to be any type of governments you can establish in your cities, for certain bounses and a bad thingy

LoveToKill
08-20-2010, 05:57 PM
do you mean like civilizations 4 type?

Gruber12
08-21-2010, 02:58 AM
I mean somehting like galatic civilisations, it could be the population votes and depending on your political party preference you can get a bonus and if your party doesnt have control you get a penalty

Winterwolf00
12-16-2010, 02:34 AM
I think I'd actually like being to have a small republic in game. That would be neat. Also I've played both of those games.

Nathikal
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Much as I love the idea of being able to control your government, in all aspects (so far) you really aren't in 'control' of anything. That is to say, the humans are a vassal of their king, and the elves are still under the sway of the Council. I don't know enough about orc lore to comment.

However, if that were changed, or if you could become your own faction of sorts - that is to say, you are no longer a liege to the king, but a challenger of his throne, etc. - then sure, I'd be all for it.

Perhaps a benefit from conquering all of your faction, making yourself the de facto ruler of your race?

Regardless, Alpha Centauri had a great system as well as GalCiv2. I'm for having something like this, if only to make the game more replayable. I just hope that they actually work like political beliefs. If I'm a totalitarian, then diplomatic nations ought hate me.

...then again, do they have diplomacy at this stage? I suppose the elves might, but humans look feudal to me and orcs look tribal.

Sorry, rambling. But yes, that.
-N

Fenix
01-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I think than put this think will do that the player like replayer the game to try do all opcion

Overlawd
01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Rather sound Idea really, Will add a bit more depth to the game. Also some nifty bonuses, And opportunity's .

GoGoCactusMan!
01-21-2011, 08:44 PM
This could be an interesting idea, perhaps fitting in with some of the Influence resource they are doing, however I havnt seen anything on any of the FAQs mentioning anything of the sort.

Maybe they will like the idea too and it will eventually make it in via expansion?

Hurryforcurry
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Will there be a lot of options for dimplomacy, expanding empires, trade, vasslas like civ 4 or is it a linear type of game?>

DarkLord7854
01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I've always found government/political/social options in games to be a welcome addition. Generally they give you some level of control over what sort of bonuses your empire benefits from and can be changed more or less easily to better suit yourstrategies.

Arachnid
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I entirely agree on this! I still remember playing Master of Orion 2 and 3 (yes, 3 sucked, but w/e), and loved all of the different government systems and benefits that went with each one. Anything that adds more depth and complexity to the game while keeping it fun will keep me playing longer. I want something that provides something new to learn even after playing 50 hours. X3: Terran Conflict did that for me...that game had the highest learning curve of any game I know of, with the single exception of Eve: Online. Just google "eve online learning curve" for laughs. But I certainly agree on this idea, and would love to see it implemented.

Warchamp84
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I think the government idea is very interesting.
I think this was said before but ill clear it out a bit with and example

For example you humans. You have one king however there are many other kings for other human factions. There is an alliance and you have a joint council, or you all individuals and its free for all. Lets say you conquer all other human kings since the opposed your rule, so you conquer them giving you a bonus for that race. So now you have all of mankind in you hand, and this should give you a significant bonus of some sort. But it should also provide you with negative impacts such as harder game play, more enemy's and of course more wars to fight against other races and to look after you cites, economy etc

The type of government you are can be preset when you start but your actions can determine the outcome of you nations government slowly.

Joseph Visscher
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
In response to the thread, the answer is no. Only government in dawn of fantasy is dictatorship, IE YOU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

"Roman dictators were allocated absolute power during times of emergency."
The same valid with The War without Kings within the main story line of Dawn of Fantasy.

GoGoCactusMan!
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
In response to the thread, the answer is no. Only government in dawn of fantasy is dictatorship, IE YOU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

"Roman dictators were allocated absolute power during times of emergency."
The same valid with The War without Kings within the main story line of Dawn of Fantasy.

How about Guild Goverment? Technically, there can be a government like heirarchy. I'm taking it that a Guild will primarily be a wide spread alliance. Will a guild essentially be just a group that works together on certain things or will there be any other perks associated with being a part of a Guild that could be construed as something as a government?

LiTos456
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want some measely AI parliament collecting my taxes. :D