PDA

View Full Version : Ps3

frogger
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
hey guys, are there any rumours of this being released on PS3 in the future?

Henry Martin
08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Ignore this post. please:D

Alex Walz
08-10-2010, 04:57 PM
It's fine here. Off-topic is for posts not regarding Dawn of Fantasy.

And sorry mate, but there won't be a PS3 version. Welcome to our little forum community though - hope you can play with us on the PC! :)

Henry Martin
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
lol, I just looked at that, thought he wrote about something else. I was half asleep when I post that. Sorry.

Just ignore me.

hatakehia
08-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Why does the PS3 never get any love :(

Henry Martin
08-29-2010, 06:23 PM

Hey it got Uncharted. Which kicks most games asses(even RTSs), But not DOF.:)

Personally I wouldn't want this game on any console, unless the console version support mouse and keyboard.

blackfang
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey it got Uncharted. Which kicks most games asses(even RTSs), But not DOF.:)

Personally I wouldn't want this game on any console, unless the console version support mouse and keyboard.

Uncharted 2 is the most story following game EVER, you can choose your cover and your weapons or else it is just one approach to every level. Like you come to a open area in the middle of the town what do you do? Lump a grenade into the truck on your right to take care of that person then use the truck for cover while killing of all the other units. Or do you want to shoot that guy in the truck and use it for cover to kill all the other units. The last option is do you want to play rambo? (these alternatives are not written they are just meant as a example of how you can approach different things.):(

Berd
01-20-2011, 12:07 PM
No ps3 version : (

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
ps3

No.

Because the PS3 SUCKS!
Discuss.

(Just kidding, haha)

kingdominic
01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
that be awesome if it did come out for ps3 i can play it on the pc and ps3:D

lordsabbath88
01-23-2011, 03:04 PM
is really a shame that there is a ps3 version .. ps3 is the best console there is!
However I prefer to play RTS with the mouse and keyboard :)

Rhino
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I have never heard of any MMORPG games on any platform other than pc, and honestly dont have a clue how it would work. RTS games arent made for consoles and most atempts of converting them into one have failed. Epicly. Also I can't see how the servers would work since they would need to be constantly going and not just hosted by people who are actually playing at that one point in time.

lordsabbath88
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I have never heard of any MMORPG games on any platform other than pc, and honestly dont have a clue how it would work. RTS games arent made for consoles and most atempts of converting them into one have failed. Epicly. Also I can't see how the servers would work since they would need to be constantly going and not just hosted by people who are actually playing at that one point in time.

True considerations man.. we hope that the servers hold up well, although, in my opinion, there will be fewer problems due to lag compared to a FPS for example. :)

Vasito
01-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Uncharted 2 is the most story following game EVER, you can choose your cover and your weapons or else it is just one approach to every level. Like you come to a open area in the middle of the town what do you do? Lump a grenade into the truck on your right to take care of that person then use the truck for cover while killing of all the other units. Or do you want to shoot that guy in the truck and use it for cover to kill all the other units. The last option is do you want to play rambo? (these alternatives are not written they are just meant as a example of how you can approach different things.):(

You sir have failed in gaming. The consoles have brainwashed you. Every single Role-playing game is more story driven game. Probably you havent even heard of games like Baldur's Gate;l The Witcher; The Eldar Scrolls; or Fallout. These game have reach the status of art.

So please dont say that your console games are most story following game ever and stupid things like that.

To the rest of you stop whining and *****ing bout your stupid consoles. RTS are for PCs. I want a MMO (!) RTS for my ps3 yaa yaaa. And how in hell are you gonna manage everything with what.... 7 buttons?!

spikeynit
01-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Come on the playstation 3 is good technology surely they could make the game able to use keyboards and mouses but the ps3's cell technology would make it hard to program?

Noel Bohac
01-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Some pretty blunt and open opinions here, eh if consoles actually supported keyboard/mouse and the architecture for the developement SKU was there to support it, I would be all over one personally. While I love the part that I can actually update my rig peice by peice, the downfall as many know is developing under the pc is one of the hardest platforms to get it right on. Being that each version of the hardware by each user is so unique. By those odds there will always be people unable to participate in a title till patches are done (if those are actually done) no matter the genre.

Give me a ps3 with these above options and I would own one instantly just for gaming and leave my pc for my daily work. I would love it to be honest. I don't mind the xbox mind you , but they are behind the times now and really need a new one. Hardware on the xbox360 is what now? 3-4 years old?

-Guardious

Vasito
01-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Some pretty blunt and open opinions here, eh if consoles actually supported keyboard/mouse and the architecture for the developement SKU was there to support it, I would be all over one personally. While I love the part that I can actually update my rig peice by peice, the downfall as many know is developing under the pc is one of the hardest platforms to get it right on. Being that each version of the hardware by each user is so unique. By those odds there will always be people unable to participate in a title till patches are done (if those are actually done) no matter the genre.

Give me a ps3 with these above options and I would own one instantly just for gaming and leave my pc for my daily work. I would love it to be honest. I don't mind the xbox mind you , but they are behind the times now and really need a new one. Hardware on the xbox360 is what now? 3-4 years old?

-Guardious

Not true. PCs are one of the easiest platforms to make games on. If your not a lazy ass and cant make a compability patch for like... 1 day then you are just stupid. The ps3 is now the hardest platform to make games on.

LiTos456
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM
All games are made on PCs and then ported to consoles. A lot of console games though are designed for consoles on the first place, and sometimes port it "back" to the PC, but it's crap on a PC with console design.

Also Vasito as much as I want to avoid a possible flame war I strongly agree with your previous post.
Blackfang kind of odd to see you make statements like that... I know you, you're a pretty bright ol' chap. Either way, a lot of games do this, you're kind of late to the party. This whole open ended gameplay business first started showing up in 06-07, then it just blew up in everyones' face and now almost every game has that "choose your own method" of doing things.

Nothing beats RPGs though. Not in story, not in open endism, they are the most prominent games in those areas, and pretty much made for that.