PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Control Scheme

SoCalDistortion
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
There are some answers from various posts during 2008/2009 on this subject. Supposedly the control scheme was going to be designed entirely by Reverie?

Is there any confirmation that the control set-up has been finalized for XBox? I believe this may be the one thing that takes a TON of time to get right.

Has the Dev team looked at various control schemes from other games? If not, please take time to watch the following 2 minute video on the "Whip Select" control scheme for the unpopular game "Storm Rise". I have heard the controls for the game were excellent...just that the game itself was terrible.

I don't know if the system itself could be purchased and implemented, or even if it fits with DOF, but who knows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeb_OZNEsPY

doodoosaur
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
i think its gonna be cool

adamater
08-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Stormrise's controls were like a third person shooter controls, not really rts, you can only control one unit at a time.

blackfang
08-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Stormrise's controls were like a third person shooter controls, not really rts, you can only control one unit at a time.

you never noticed the grouping buttons and multiselection? Ever played the game? i got it:D you can select multiple people at once, its just very hard to find all the controls. I used 1 week to completely discover all the controls (3 days to learn how to select three units for forming a platoon:p )

Gruber12
08-19-2010, 08:30 AM

In my experience, Stormrise's control scheme ruinded the game

blackfang
08-19-2010, 09:03 AM
So you played it? Once you learn the controls it is SOOOO easy:D

Gruber12
08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I just found controling units and combat to be awkward

Bourne
12-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Anyone play RUSE? I really enjoy it on the 360, I wish more people played.