PDA

View Full Version : Gamemode

Therightchoice
12-02-2007, 04:47 AM
would there be a gamemode were you have to build up your place and hold it off from loads of different attacks from orcs or something. for singleplayer.

or even multiplayer like you hav e to team up to hold em off for as long as possible maybe there could leaderboard who did it for the longest.

Puppeteer
12-02-2007, 05:11 AM
a defense type of map? would be fun if they made that, or people are able to make their own!

Therightchoice
12-02-2007, 05:41 AM
yeah it would be sick. what do you mean by oeople making there own?

The Witch King of Angmar
12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
He means creating their own map.

Therightchoice
12-02-2007, 10:07 AM
oh right yeah

Puppeteer
12-02-2007, 03:17 PM
using the scripts on the map editor

Therightchoice
12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah but i never understand game scripts and stuff. i would be cool if we had a script editor like the rise of nations one but dont really need it.

The Witch King of Angmar
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
The map creator/editor in DoF is easy to use and should not use as much complicated coding as other members.

SPARROW94
12-03-2007, 04:57 PM
yay map editor yaaaaay

SvN
12-04-2007, 06:07 AM
yay map editor yaaaaay

do you have to fill the forum with your pointless posts? its really annoying when there are about 30 new posts in the active topics list after youve been here..:(

Therightchoice
12-04-2007, 09:34 AM
witch king are you helping make this game?

Joseph Visscher
12-04-2007, 10:16 AM

No he is not at the moment. Maybe Well will get more testers later on, we'll see.

Puppeteer
12-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm looking forward to the map editor... apparently it's better than the EA one :D

The Witch King of Angmar
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Lol I wish. I might be able to test though not for the 15 hours a week they require.

Joseph Visscher
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm looking forward to the map editor... apparently it's better than the EA one :D

heh, yea I hate WorldBuilder so much now, everything it has, dof's editor doesn't; such as: It lags so bad all the time, its to complex for what it does, it wastes so much time with what you do with your map, takes for ever to get a really good map done, its just very limited in everyway including scripting and texturing, and elevations, and placing objects, and coping objects, takes several minutes to test your map and or, turning on or off the worldbuilder, and...a... anything else? Or... should I say everything else, if there is any.

:cool:

Darvin
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
So far in my experience, Warcraft 3 (with expansion) is unchallenged in terms of its map editor. The stuff EA makes isn't even in its league. If DoF's editor provides even half of what the WC3 editor did, you're looking at a powerful tool that will lend accessibility for newcomers and an amazing wealth of opportunities for those who master it. I'm looking forward to seeing the DoF editor and what it can do.

Joseph Visscher
12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
So far in my experience, Warcraft 3 (with expansion) is unchallenged in terms of its map editor. The stuff EA makes isn't even in its league. If DoF's editor provides even half of what the WC3 editor did, you're looking at a powerful tool that will lend accessibility for newcomers and an amazing wealth of opportunities for those who master it. I'm looking forward to seeing the DoF editor and what it can do.

I'm sure dofs editor will be in its own league right beside or above your godlike WC3 editor. ;)

ShadowyMoon
12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm afraid by the time DoF is out you'll have to beat the beyond-godlike SC II editor. ;)

Puppeteer
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Can you still do a small override like map.ini's? That would be soo cool... and are the texuring tools better? EA's sucks... 2-way blends :(

Joseph Visscher
12-07-2007, 12:33 PM
and are the texuring tools better? EA's sucks... 2-way blends :(

LOL, yea dofs texturing is a 1600 way blends, no joke; you'll never see any texture errors either. ;)

I'm afraid by the time DoF is out you'll have to beat the beyond-godlike SC II editor. ;)

Doutb it, that game looks pritty pathetic. looks like its 2.5D like RA 2 and TS was lol. Yea, Layered elevations yeaaa Lol. Then again, Youtube's res videos are crappy so.
I dont know, we'll see when it comes out.

ShadowyMoon
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
You just insulted the sequel of one of the greatest RTS games ever... I'm very dissapointed of you Joseph! :eek:

Joseph Visscher
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
You just insulted the sequel of one of the greatest RTS games ever... I'm very dissapointed at you Joseph! :eek:
No i didn't, I only insulted one game, sc2's graphics. its gameplay is still most likely completely flawless. Its only from what i saw on videos of sc2 on youtube, im probibly going to buy it regardless due to the fact that it is in SC series

Darvin
12-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I can name more than a few sequels to absolutely awesome games that have been nothing short of crap. So it's fair enough to reserve final judgement until the game is out. That said, I wouldn't exactly go betting money against SC2, as Blizzard has a phenomenal track record. As far as graphics go, I think that may be one of SC2's greatest shortfalls, but Blizzard has always weighted graphical style over sheer power of their game. I don't think that's going to be a problem, but who can say?

As far as map editors go, Starcraft 2 is more likely than not going to be awe inspiring. I'm not saying that DoF cannot do the same or top it, but rather that by doing so they'll have created something simply out of this world. We're talking about a map editor so powerful that it rendered modding redundant because you could do anything you needed for a mod inside a custom map anyways. It's also so approachable that anyone can just walk in and with a few hours of experimentation start writing simple scripts (with no scripting background whatsoever!)

ShadowyMoon
12-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Ah I misunderstood than. I agree that the graphics aren't that good but Blizzard are improving them and now they look less cartoonish. I hope DoF's editor will be atleast equal to SC II's one.

SPARROW94
12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
About grhapics how is the GHrapcis on Dawn of fantasy

iceblast
12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
i wanna make real mountainous maps where you can treak through top of mountains and go down the mountain in circles or something to the enemy a bit like this map

http://www.rhovanionalliance.net/sneakpeek/greymountains.bmp

The Witch King of Angmar
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah that looks cool but I would make the whole map mountainous and put the castle at different peaks of the mountain.

Joseph Visscher
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
i wanna make real mountainous maps where you can treak through top of mountains and go down the mountain in circles or something to the enemy a bit like this map

http://www.rhovanionalliance.net/sneakpeek/greymountains.bmp

Those mountains are 'okay', no offence. But I can make better ones; No man the elevation tool in dof is good, you'll be able to make somthing just as good or a lot better, man I totaly forgot how hard it was to use that stupid worldbuilder elevation tool.

Puppeteer
12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah bases should be seperated into different peaks imo, that looks like a single peak out of nowhere ;)

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 06:10 AM
How do you know Sc2 will have a beyond-godlike editor?

Neotyguy40
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
What about people that use the map editor to make their cities god-like?

Such as if someone makes the terrain like a cliff so enemies can't get on it? They will be almost invincible.

Darvin
04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
People will always be creating rigged maps, there's nothing you can do about it. Of course, whether anyone will actually play those maps with them is another matter entirely.

Neotyguy40
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Can't argue with that logic, but I still think that it is cheap in 1 player mode.

Darvin
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM
If someone wants to make a rigged map for singleplayer, that's their business. Honestly, you can always just activate cheat codes for singleplayer.

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I still think that it is cheap in 1 player mode.

Who cares if it's cheap in singeplayer, if you don't want to play it, no one is forcing you do dl it (or to make one). And you have to consider that some people enjoy making the biggest castle possible.