PDA

View Full Version : Wave #2 Closed Beta E-Mails

Danny Vink
07-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I have just sent out the closed beta e-mails for those I have listed as testers for the second closed beta. If you know you are a tester, check all of your e-mails to make sure you have received the e-mail. This is vital for you if you would like to test the game, as we require a response with some important information

If you are absolutely sure you are a tester for Wave #2 of the Closed Beta, and did not receive an e-mail, PM me here on the forum and we can double check and get it squared away

I hope you're all excited to play the game, as our first batch of testers have helped us squash numerous bugs already, and we are looking forward to having your input on the game

metman
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I wasn't really sure where to post this but I guess this might be the best spot. Right now my graphics card does not meet the requirements shown in the FAQ thread. I was hoping to have my new laptop by now but I will probably be getting it towards the end of the month after the second stage starts so I won't be able to test until then. Maybe I could give my spot to someone else and join in once I get the laptop, whatever the devs want.

Danny Vink
07-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Go ahead and claim your key anyways, and you can just download it when your ready

Brian Shingles
07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Right now my graphics card does not meet the requirements shown in the FAQ thread.

These are the specs of the laptop I used when I started working for Reverie
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 2 x 1.50GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS with 128MB GDDR2 dedicated graphic memory

As you can see, my graphics card didn't meet the listed requirements but the game was definitely playable on that system.

Also, the Graphics Settings options are being worked on at the moment which should help the game run on lower spec systems.

I say, just give it go on your current system. If it works, great. If not, then you'll have to wait til your new system arrives to play but in the meantime you've helped us have a better understanding of what systems can't run DoF.

welshie
07-16-2010, 09:00 AM
i love it how in the news letter it said about how to get keys, whilst thinking to myself aha! i gots me one :P

Danny Vink
07-16-2010, 11:13 AM
A second e-mail was sent out about how to get access to the beta if you haven't been promised a key yet

szebus
07-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Just got an e-mail in what stands that there are three ways to win a beta key.

LoveToKill
07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
dang i still haven't goten an email guess im not makeing it to the second stage of CB Wellbestof luck to those of you who have :) hopefully ill see you in the third

metman
07-16-2010, 03:27 PM
These are the specs of the laptop I used when I started working for Reverie
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 2 x 1.50GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS with 128MB GDDR2 dedicated graphic memory

As you can see, my graphics card didn't meet the listed requirements but the game was definitely playable on that system.

Also, the Graphics Settings options are being worked on at the moment which should help the game run on lower spec systems.

I say, just give it go on your current system. If it works, great. If not, then you'll have to wait til your new system arrives to play but in the meantime you've helped us have a better understanding of what systems can't run DoF.

Ok cool I just didn;t want to take a spot if I was not going to be able to play lol. :D

zach12wqasxz
07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
is it possible to get the beta on both my desktop and my laptop? with the same key? just curious as i wanted to see if my integrated graphics card on my laptop could play DOF

szebus
07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't see why it would not be possible, but wayt for an official response.

Miclee
07-17-2010, 12:04 AM
is it possible to get the beta on both my desktop and my laptop? with the same key? just curious as i wanted to see if my integrated graphics card on my laptop could play DOF

You would just have to download it twice, as far as I know.

szebus
07-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Or copy the already downloaded installer to the other unit.

zach12wqasxz
07-17-2010, 01:55 PM
ya i wast just curious cuz i figured that once you used the same key on 1 PC, u wouldnt be able to use it on another to prevent ppl from giving there key to 10 of there buddies or somehting

szebus
07-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Even if you give the key to 10 of you're friends, there can be only one playing multiplayerat the same time. Consier it like a book. You can give it to youre friends to read it but you ca'n give to all 10 of them to read the same book in the same time.

Danny Vink
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Even if you give the key to 10 of you're friends, there can be only one playing multiplayerat the same time. Consier it like a book. You can give it to youre friends to read it but you ca'n give to all 10 of them to read the same book in the same time.

Something like that. The key will be locked to your forum account, and we will be checking to see who is actually logging in. So, passing the key on to your friends isn't an option

metman
07-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Just one quick question. When I try to reply to the e-mail it puts the whole original e-mail in the reply. Is this what is supposed to happen?

szebus
07-18-2010, 10:18 AM
When replaying to an e-mail, yes this happens, but you can manually delete it.

metman
07-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah I was trying to delete it but I was having some trouble. That question was more to find out if we were supposed to include the original e-mail.:D
Edit: I can't seem to get rid of the black background does anyone know how to do that.

GPS51
07-18-2010, 01:32 PM
So will it release at midnight tonight or will it release during the day tomorrow? I need to know if i should stay up or not :D

welshie
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
says 1pm EST, so for people around GMT time its like 6 pm :)

nickson104
07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah I was trying to delete it but I was having some trouble. That question was more to find out if we were supposed to include the original e-mail.:D
Edit: I can't seem to get rid of the black background does anyone know how to do that.

I think no you arent supposed to include the email, although I doubt they would mind too much if you did, it would just be a lot easier if you didnt.
Also, I had trouble with that, but you just have to click that little box that remains and then right click it then delete it (or cut it if delete presents a problem)

So will it release at midnight tonight or will it release during the day tomorrow? I need to know if i should stay up or not :D

The bigger question is, on what timezone will they release it on... You could say midnight, which for me is under 2 hours time, but in america isnt for another 8 hours time (varies)

metman
07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Edit: Nevermind I actually figured it out with my extreme computer skills. :D

Henry Martin
07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
The bigger question is, on what timezone will they release it on... You could say midnight, which for me is under 2 hours time, but in america isnt for another 8 hours time (varies)

The time zone they use is EST(Eastern Standard Time) Which is basically the east coast of North America (they are a Canadian company based in toronto I think).

GPS51
07-18-2010, 07:37 PM
They released CB#1 at 10AM my time. I figured the timing will be similiar (hopefully):o

Darathor
07-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I got another email about securing beta(the second wave one I would guess). However, I'm already in the stage one beta. I just thought that this was kind of weird that I received another email about it.

Danny Vink
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes, I removed duplicate entries when I sent out the second wave keys, so just ignore it

Feweh
07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
no key again and ive been following forever.. jesus :eek:

Henry Martin
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
no key again and ive been following forever.. jesus :eek:

This isn't a power ball. You have to work for a cb key.:eek:

LiTos456
07-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah you had to actually come here and try to get it. Simply lurking wouldn't get you the key.

Mikey
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
when do we receive our emails for the fanfic contest?

Feweh
07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I post when i need to :)

Vimes
08-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I dont know if I am in or not - i get emails but never one with a key. New wave comes and same situation. No idea whats going on now tbh or what stage its all at lol. Can anyone point me at a 'where we are at' type post? :D

Alex Walz
08-08-2010, 09:32 AM
You are in the third beta stage, and we're currently in the second. So you should receive your key sometime within the next couple weeks. :)

Raulaun
08-08-2010, 07:25 PM
So phase 3 will be late, unfortunately? Hopefully it will be up by the end of august. Was actually hoping for it to be announced during my birthday tommorow but i guess thats not the case.

Thanks for the information :)

Henry Martin
08-08-2010, 07:54 PM
actually the 1st and 2nd betas started around the 20 of june and july. So I would expect it around there or later.

chrispytoes
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
can somebody help me? how do i sign up for beta? iv been searching the web for days and found nothing about it then i look at the forums and see that everyone has the beta! im sooooo confused were do i sign up? :confused:

Henry Martin
08-08-2010, 09:30 PM
can somebody help me? how do i sign up for beta? iv been searching the web for days and found nothing about it then i look at the forums and see that everyone has the beta! im sooooo confused were do i sign up? :confused:

You want to join the beta, you have to win a contest or wait until the open beta.

GPS51
08-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey keep up the work rate you've had for a beta key and you should get into the 4th round at least~september I'd guess. Most of us that have beta keys have been waiting months if not years for dof to get to beta stage. Read the media fair reports and enjoy the pixs!

mulatto
08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
may i become a beta tester? :( mymulatto@hotmail.com pretty please.

Alex Walz
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry, I can't just let you in. :(

But since I don't like saying no, I'll make you a deal!

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580

Make two referrals within the next 24 hours and you'll be in the third beta stage. :) Either that, or you'll have to wait for a future event for a better chance to get into the next stage.

mulatto
08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
you mean like referral a friends? well i dont have any friends. but i have a facebook account. ill post Dawn of Fantasy on my facebook. im MrMikee Rome on facebook ive added Dawn of Fantasy on my facebook now.

darkheart
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
just got a email saying bata was underway =[ wish i knew of this earlyer :(

blackfang
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Can't wait!!! I am in this next one:D

lencoo12
09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Just got an e-mail in what stands that there are three ways to win a beta key.

dang i still haven't goten an email guess im not makeing it to the second stage of CB Wellbestof luck to those of you who have hopefully ill see you in the third

Guard of Olympus
09-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Sorry but Third BETA keys have already been sent out. If you weren't joking of course.

Noel Bohac
09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
There is that old saying " never hurts to ask" , if you need another old fart for testing I am your man! (Insert large smile here) *even started a link at my clan to sign up!, see even I shall endevor to do somthing and not ask for just a free invite ;) *eh in any case, game is still worth note and letting people know about it.