PDA

View Full Version : Exstinguisher

Khan kreiger
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Since there will be people sieging you castles. I think that you builders should be able to get a bucket of water or something to put out the flames to prevent your men from cathcing fire or frome spreading fires....tell me what you think people?

Mikey
07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
i'd be suprised if there wasint somthing to counter it such as water magic or a fire bregaid

Alex Walz
07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
We have this. :) Peasants fill up their buckets at town wells and frantically run around fighting fires - it's an awesome sight. Alternatively, Elven wardens use magic to fight fire. Human firefighting is fully functional, elven is being redone for performance issues, and orcish is being implemented.

I think there should be some screenshots of it somewhere.

Khan kreiger
07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
We have this. :) Peasants fill up their buckets at town wells and frantically run around fighting fires - it's an awesome sight. Alternatively, Elven wardens use magic to fight fire. Human firefighting is fully functional, elven is being redone for performance issues, and orcish is being implemented.

I think there should be some screenshots of it somewhere.

Really i havn't really seen any pics. If you could put a link in this thread of pics of this that would be nice please.

Jean=A=Luc
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Orcs should all spit at the fire. :P

WilsonMG
07-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Spit? That wasn't what I was thinking... :p

Yami-Yagari
07-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Orcs should all spit at the fire. :P

Actually, i thought they would use the weakest orcs around and throw them on the fire, using their body mass to extinguish the fire. Would be more orc style.:p

Khan kreiger
07-10-2010, 09:07 AM
:Actually, i thought they would use the weakest orcs around and throw them on the fire, using their body mass to extinguish the fire. Would be more orc style.

LMFAO, ya or just throw in a lil goblin:p

Yami-Yagari
07-10-2010, 11:59 AM
:

LMFAO, ya or just throw in a lil goblin:p

Goblins donīt work. To inflammable. :p

Negthareas
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Goblins donīt work. To inflammable. :p

YES!!!! you used proper english: it is "inflammable" and not "flammable". It has been so long since I have seen someone use this word correctly. Good Job!

[sorry if that was a little random]

Khan kreiger
07-10-2010, 09:42 PM
YES!!!! you used proper english: it is "inflammable" and not "flammable". It has been so long since I have seen someone use this word correctly. Good Job!

uh ook take it easy lol:p, you going to give him a medal or something

Puppeteer
07-11-2010, 12:01 AM

*Too inflammable.

Yami-Yagari
07-11-2010, 01:44 AM

Yaaay i won! What do i get? :confused:

*Too inflammable.

:eek: Didn't even see that one. My bad.

*COUGH*nitpicker*COUGH*

Jean=A=Luc
07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Inflammable is the older original variant but flammable is just as correct, if not more so these days.

Negthareas
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Inflammable is the older original variant but flammable is just as correct, if not more so these days.

Yes - languages do change with time. *sigh* Making it all the more confusing. For example: sneaked and snuck. Which one is proper? Depending on the dictionary, one or both.

Alex Walz
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Here's a screenshot of a fire extinguisher if you haven't seen any yet. ;)

http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff39/9thumb.jpg (http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff39/9.jpg)

I have no idea what that floating cavalier with a dismembered horse and those archers playing in the well are doing though... Just noticed them. :o

Khan kreiger
08-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Here's a screenshot of a fire extinguisher if you haven't seen any yet. ;)

http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff39/9thumb.jpg (http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff39/9.jpg)

I have no idea what that floating cavalier with a dismembered horse and those archers playing in the well are doing though... Just noticed them. :o

pretty nice excluding the random cavalier and archers :P.
But im guessing that the peasents automaticly go to exstinguish the fires right because i would hate to by accident pull a peasent into battle :o

Alex Walz
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Firefighting is semi-automatic. You will have to have your units stop their gathering or building or whatever they are doing and task them to put our fires. After this, they will automatically try to extinguish any fires in your town or wait idly until they see a fire.

blackfang
08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Firefighting is semi-automatic. You will have to have your units stop their gathering or building or whatever they are doing and task them to put our fires. After this, they will automatically try to extinguish any fires in your town or wait idly until they see a fire.
Then why not make a firefighting brigade (you take some of your peasants and keep them alert at all times:D )

Khan kreiger
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Then why not make a firefighting brigade (you take some of your peasants and keep them alert at all times:D )

yea can we just have a seprate bit of peasents that are just firefighters waiting on the job for fires instead of pullin them off there jobs to put out fires, because i dont think i will remember which peasents had which jobs:eek:

Alex Walz
08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
You can separate your peasants how ever you want, they don't have to be set to one thing for the whole game. But yes, if resource accumulation isn't much of an issue, you can task your peasants to wait for fires the whole time.

Khan kreiger
08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
nice lovin that and thanks for answering my questions:)

TheHoboGod
08-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Orcs should throw their bodies into the fire in a stupid attempt to put it out :P.

srpiccoro
10-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Actually, i thought they would use the weakest orcs around and throw them on the fire, using their body mass to extinguish the fire. Would be more orc style.:p
This is what your comment reminded me of.
http://buttersafe.com/comics/2008-10-28-thisfire.jpg
And also, in response to have some peasants immediately go fight the fire.... could it be possible to make a button like the Call to Arms in Warcraft? When all of your peasants become militia, in this case all of them become firefighters.

Joseph Visscher
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
yes my Peasants are almost completely functional with firefighting besides being able to refill their buckets at any river or water source, not just Wells. use the moat of Thorndale or what ever water is around! and just a tip, if you have fire in a wheat field, don't even try to fight the fire, just let it burn the field, the wheat will eventually regrow and you won't lose 30 peasants that tried to fight the flash fire. :p Wheat is one of the most flammable things in game.

Elven and Orcish firefighting are under development. and we are still thinking about design of it.

I will still take ideas on Orc Labourer firefighting, as I don't see Orcs smart enough to even think to use water buckets, it does not fit the Orcish style.

So lets continue on suggestions, what do you guys suggest for Labourer Firefighting and Elven Warden Firefighting. I like your ideas of orcs flinging themselves on fires but I don't think that will fit, they aren't completely suicidal...

Henry Martin
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM
yes my Peasants are almost completely functional with firefighting besides being able to refill their buckets at any river or water source, not just Wells. use the moat of Thorndale or what ever water is around! and just a tip, if you have fire in a wheat field, don't even try to fight the fire, just let it burn the field, the wheat will eventually regrow and you won't lose 30 peasants that tried to fight the flash fire. :p Wheat is one of the most flammable things in game.

Elven and Orcish firefighting are under development. and we are still thinking about design of it.

I will still take ideas on Orc Labourer firefighting, as I don't see Orcs smart enough to even think to use water buckets, it does not fit the Orcish style.

So lets continue on suggestions, what do you guys suggest for Labourer Firefighting and Elven Warden Firefighting. I like your ideas of orcs flinging themselves on fires but I don't think that will fit, they aren't completely suicidal...

The orcs can pee on the fire.:D The elf wardens could be like water benders.:) Or anything magic related.

GPS51
10-20-2010, 11:34 AM
How about the orcs drop rocks on the building on fire leading to a ruined building but no fire?

Mikey
11-24-2010, 07:35 AM

how about the orcs shovel dirt onto the fire to smother it by facing away from the fire and puting there hands on the ground and skooping dirt onto the fire like a dog or somthing

Toth
11-28-2010, 04:35 AM

Holy **** this statement brings about a ton of potential. Suicide bands of archers to light fire to someone's wheat fields anyone? I'm kind of afraid of people not just attacking to win, but instead they defeat the army and just torch the entire city. Is this a possibility or are there safeguards / victory conditions to stop this?

Also, Is it possible to raze a building to stop it's fire from spreading to the next building?

Are there technologies that help firefighting? Like bigger buckets or all the peasants stand in a line and hand down buckets?

Are players able to put wells where ever they want? and as many as they want? (for the appropriate resource cost offcourse)

rtejada
12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
well i really like the dirt idea for the orcs.. they arent smart enough for buckets.. plus shoveling dirt/gravel would definitely fit thier methods.

as for elves.. something more magical? how about magical use of wind to gradually snuff out fire?

humans - water
elves - wind
orcs - earth

seems like we got all the elements covered :)

Nimlot
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
personally i think it would fit the orcs fine to use buckets of water aswell. What other realistic and suiting way is there for the orcs?

It would however be alot cooler if you guys found the special orc way to extinguish fires ;)