PDA

View Full Version : Second Forum Referral Program

Alex Walz
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
After the success of our first referral program, we've decided to do one more to open up the beta a little more so that as many of you who want to be a part of DOF's development can! We're looking to greatly expand the third and fourth beta stages, and we want to see you there! In the time leading up to our publisher announcement, we've been having a little bit of trouble sharing Dawn of Fantasy with the rest of the world, and in the past, word of mouth has proved a very effective tactic. Therefore, we ask that you talk to all your friends about Dawn of Fantasy and invite them to our forum. We've got plenty of incentives for you and your friends, so please check them out and decide if it's something you would be interested in!

This contest is a little different than the last referral contest as well, in that you will not be competing against your fellow forumers. We do not have a limited number of keys to give out, and we actually want to reward as many keys as possible. So it's very straightforward - if you want a key, complete one of the five referral goals below and the key is yours.

Contest Goals & Incentives:

Invite 10 friends with 10+ posts each by July 17th... receive three 2nd CB Round Keys - one for you, two for your friends to play with you
Invite 5 friends with 10+ posts each by July 17th... receive one 2nd CB Round Key
Invite 3 friends... receive one 3rd CB Round Key

To refer a friend, all you have to do is give them the link below and ask them to register an account on our forums and post at least one contributive post.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=$userid
(where $userid is your unique ID number - check your profile URL to locate)

If the referred user does not follow that link, you can still earn a point if they enter your username in the referrer box when they register:

http://reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/alex/referrer.png

To find out more about our referral system, please check out our FAQ (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n).

While we won't be giving out any 2nd CB Round Keys after July 17th, the final deadline for this contest is August 25th. Only users referred between today's date and the deadline will count.

Only users with original IP addresses (meaning they did not register on the same computer that is synced with your account) and who have made at least one contributive post, in a forum other than The Pub, will count for a point.

If this isn't the right program for you, check out the two other ways you can currently score a beta key:
Facebook Referral Program (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=112418172120572&topic=124) - Refer as many friends to our Dawn of Fantasy Facebook page as possible to earn a beta key
Fan Fiction Competition (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1574) - Write up a Fan Fiction entry using the newly published Lore and Language Guide for a key

Good luck, and thanks for helping to get Dawn of Fantasy's name out! See you in the beta!

Hanador
07-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Sounds good recently found this about a week ago signed up for forums to view screenies in the RSP. However im not exactly sure where to find my unique id number could anybody enlighten me as to where it is?

(I see that he mentions URL but not sure on specifics maybe an example might help me)

GPS51
07-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Good Idea. These things are great. Of course all my friends that game have been told about DoF already...but hey!

Alex Walz
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
However im not exactly sure where to find my unique id number could anybody enlighten me as to where it is?
Click on your name and then the "View Public Profile" option, and then look up at the address bar. It will say http://...member.php?u=xxx, where xxx is your ID. So mine is 7 and yours is 1944.

Alternatively, click on the FAQs (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n) link and, about three lines down, it will give you your full referral link with your ID in place.

Hanador
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Ah thank you very much was not sure if that was the # or not thank you for your help blue name.
edit question : What is considered a contributive post like if I ask a question and it is answered that counts as contributive?

Yami-Yagari
07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Im wondering about something. If you invite 5 people, do you get the 3rd CB key and 4th CB key?

Alex Walz
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
What is considered a contributive post like if I ask a question and it is answered that counts as contributive?
If it's a question about the game that can't be found looking over our FAQs or Wiki profile, then yes.

LiTos456
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Good luck to everyone out there!

Danny Vink
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
These posts made by your referrals will be checked for validity as well

Registration through proxies will be checked as well, and also the content of the 10 post requirement will be checked

Alex Walz
07-07-2010, 10:21 AM
If you invite 5 people, do you get the 3rd CB key and 4th CB key?
Nope, only the key(s) listed next to your highest accomplished goal.

Raulaun
07-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I have my brother and his GF on the same IP, if I referred them would it be against the rules because we are on the same connection?

Miclee
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I have my brother and his GF on the same IP, if I referred them would it be against the rules because we are on the same connection?

Read the post. As it is the same IP address, it's most likely against the contest rules.

Only users with original IP addresses (meaning they did not register on the same computer that is synced with your account) and who have made at least one contributive post, in a forum other than The Pub, will count for a point.

drmemelo
07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
What about if Invite 5 friends and only put one post will i get 2nd CB Round Key

Yami-Yagari
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
What about if Invite 5 friends and only put one post will i get 2nd CB Round Key

They'll have to post 10 post each in order to get a 2nd CBT key. So you'll probably get a 3rd CBT key.

Alex Walz
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
We've reached the deadline for second beta stage keys - but remember that the contest is still open for third stage keys! :)

Winners will be announced shortly.

Alex Walz
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Well nobody qualified for a second beta stage key. I assume that most of our active forumers already have keys, but if you don't, remember that you can still win a third or fourth stage key from this contest! :)

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!

Gruber12
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
have no fear alex ive refered one person so far. Slowly clawing my way to one of those keys :D

SoCalDistortion
08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
When does round 3 of closed beta start? I assume we are still in CB 2 now?

Geomancer
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I think we still have about 7-10 days, but I wouldn't mind confirmation either. I know timetables can change a lot during beta. ;)

GPS51
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah we're in CB2 atm. It started on the 21st of July. The next CB (3) was scheduled to start in the middle of august. We are working to knock those bugs out so it can start sooner!

chrispytoes
08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
hello I realy want to join the beta I have lost of expirience with moo and rts games

rts games I own: supreme commander2, empire total war, rome total war, warhammer 40k + winter assult and dawn of war expansions, supreme commander + fa expansion, star wars empire at war + forces of coruption expantion + defence grid-the awakeng, starcraft 2, DEFCON-everybody dies.

mmo games I own: World of Warcraft + burning crusade expansion, Pirate Galaxy, Karos online, Runes of Magic, Combat Arms.

and I still have way more for xbox 360...

so you can see that I would be a great choice for the beta and I promis I will report any and all bugs I find and iv also been in lost of betas too including

R.U.S.E, Global Agenda, APB, Halo Reach.

and trust me I am not lying about any of this trust me you can come over to my house and look at my computer yourself so it would be stupid not to let me into the beta

Thank you
chrispytoes:)

Henry Martin
08-09-2010, 10:33 AM
hello I realy want to join the beta I have lost of expirience with moo and rts games

rts games I own: supreme commander2, empire total war, rome total war, warhammer 40k + winter assult and dawn of war expansions, supreme commander + fa expansion, star wars empire at war + forces of coruption expantion + defence grid-the awakeng, starcraft 2, DEFCON-everybody dies.

mmo games I own: World of Warcraft + burning crusade expansion, Pirate Galaxy, Karos online, Runes of Magic, Combat Arms.

so you can see that I would be a great choice for the beta and I promis I will report any and all bugs I find and iv also been in lost of betas too including

and trust me I am not lying about any of this trust me you can come over to my house and look at my computer yourself so it would be stupid not to let me into the beta

Thank you

Nice. I have never seen this for joining a beta. I think you might make it into the open betas as the 3rd is probably filled. But good luck.

Miclee
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Thank you

Just saying, but asking to be in won't get you in. You'll have to get in like the rest of us.

Also, just letting you know, you listed free to play MMOs and games that only had open betas(With the exception of APB, though most people who applied got into it).

chrispytoes
08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Just saying, but asking to be in won't get you in. You'll have to get in like the rest of us.

Also, just letting you know, you listed free to play MMOs and games that only had open betas(With the exception of APB, though most people who applied got into it).

What do you mean join like the rest of us? I have been searching all over the web and every place I went to said to sign up on the forums and even the forums said to sign up on the forums so I have no idea what your talking about.

Henry Martin
08-09-2010, 02:46 PM
What do you mean join like the rest of us? I have been searching all over the web and every place I went to said to sign up on the forums and even the forums said to sign up on the forums so I have no idea what your talking about.

People who join the beta and are active have a better chance at getting into the beta. The 1&2 betas a pretty much joined and the 3rd is about to start. Most betas have something for you to join the beta, but like most betas its up to the devs to choose how gets into the beta.

Be patient, read the Fantasy Fridays and wait to see if you get in.

Brian Shingles
08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome, chrispytoes. Most people have gotten into the beta by winning a competition.

At the moment, you can get into the 3rd or 4th stage of beta by referring other people to this forum but you need to do that before the 24th of August.

For more information about the the Forum Referral Program, read the first post of this thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580) ;)

chrispytoes
08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome, chrispytoes. Most people have gotten into the beta by winning a competition.

At the moment, you can get into the 3rd or 4th stage of beta by referring other people to this forum but you need to do that before the 24th of August.

For more information about the the Forum Referral Program, read the first post of this thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580) ;)

i just referd 5 people to get a 3rd stage beta key but how do i get the key? does it come by e-mail?

chrispytoes
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
After the success of our first referral program, we've decided to do one more to open up the beta a little more so that as many of you who want to be a part of DOF's development can! We're looking to greatly expand the third and fourth beta stages, and we want to see you there! In the time leading up to our publisher announcement, we've been having a little bit of trouble sharing Dawn of Fantasy with the rest of the world, and in the past, word of mouth has proved a very effective tactic. Therefore, we ask that you talk to all your friends about Dawn of Fantasy and invite them to our forum. We've got plenty of incentives for you and your friends, so please check them out and decide if it's something you would be interested in!

This contest is a little different than the last referral contest as well, in that you will not be competing against your fellow forumers. We do not have a limited number of keys to give out, and we actually want to reward as many keys as possible. So it's very straightforward - if you want a key, complete one of the five referral goals below and the key is yours.

Contest Goals & Incentives:

Invite 10 friends with 10+ posts each by July 17th... receive three 2nd CB Round Keys - one for you, two for your friends to play with you
Invite 5 friends with 10+ posts each by July 17th... receive one 2nd CB Round Key
Invite 5 friends... receive one 3rd CB Round Key
Invite 3 friends with 10+ posts each... receive one 3rd CB Round Key
Invite 3 friends... receive one 4th CB Round Key

To refer a friend, all you have to do is give them the link below and ask them to register an account on our forums and post at least one contributive post.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=$userid
(where $userid is your unique ID number - check your profile URL to locate)

If the referred user does not follow that link, you can still earn a point if they enter your username in the referrer box when they register:

http://reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/alex/referrer.png

To find out more about our referral system, please check out our FAQ (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n).

While we won't be giving out any 2nd CB Round Keys after July 17th, the final deadline for this contest is August 24th. Only users referred between today's date and the deadline will count.

If this isn't the right program for you, check out the two other ways you can currently score a beta key:
Facebook Referral Program (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=112418172120572&topic=124) - Refer as many friends to our Dawn of Fantasy Facebook page as possible to earn a beta key
Fan Fiction Competition (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1574) - Write up a Fan Fiction entry using the newly published Lore and Language Guide for a key

Good luck, and thanks for helping to get Dawn of Fantasy's name out! See you in the beta!

I referd 5 friends to the forums and I did exaclty what the thing said but where is my key? does it come in an e-mail? because I havnt gotten any e-mails about it

GPS51
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Ok so I know how you're dying to get into a beta but give it just a little bit more time here. For round 2 I received an email prior to the beta that was sent in a group email to all second round participants. So assuming that everything is kosher, you should get an email in a week or two with all the other round 3 participants. I would point out that all five friends most likely need 10 posts apiece from looking at the the part you quoted. So feel free to get in and starting contributing y'all.:cool:

Brian Shingles
08-10-2010, 04:59 AM
crispytoes, don't forget about this part:

The friends you referred need to make at least one contributive post - there haven't been 5 new people posting since my last post so it looks like they haven't done that part yet. Those friends will also have needed to register on the forums from a computer other than yours.

As mentioned before, the closing date is August 24th. After that date Alex and others will check to see who has qualified for a beta key and notify them via email.

Your enthusiasm is apprecieted but you'll have to be patient. In the meantime, don't forget to check out the Fantasy Friday posts in the Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) to see some of the things you'll find in Dawn of Fantasy.

chrispytoes
08-10-2010, 10:05 AM
crispytoes, don't forget about this part:

The friends you referred need to make at least one contributive post - there haven't been 5 new people posting since my last post so it looks like they haven't done that part yet. Those friends will also have needed to register on the forums from a computer other than yours.

As mentioned before, the closing date is August 24th. After that date Alex and others will check to see who has qualified for a beta key and notify them via email.

Your enthusiasm is apprecieted but you'll have to be patient. In the meantime, don't forget to check out the Fantasy Friday posts in the Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) to see some of the things you'll find in Dawn of Fantasy.

but in my acount it says that I have 5 points

Oscar3
08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
yeah, i got lots of rts experience with supreme commander 1 and 2 with online mainly

Brian Shingles
08-11-2010, 06:44 AM
crispytoes, those points may be misleading. The people you referred will still have to make a contributive post in order for you to qualify for a beta key. This will be checked after the deadline.

There was a discussion earlier in this thread about what is considered a contributive post that you might want to read.

chrispytoes
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
crispytoes, those points may be misleading. The people you referred will still have to make a contributive post in order for you to qualify for a beta key. This will be checked after the deadline.

There was a discussion earlier in this thread about what is considered a contributive post that you might want to read.

when is the deadline? and how do I know if I qualify for beta after I tell all those friends to mkae a post?

Gruber12
08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Ive only referred one person and they made two posts :eek:

macrylinda1
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Good luck to everyone out there!

These posts made by your referrals will be checked for validity as well

Registration through proxies will be checked as well, and also the content of the 10 post requirement will be checked

chrispytoes
08-22-2010, 12:18 PM
when is the deadline to get into the beta?

Alex Walz
08-23-2010, 11:32 AM
The deadline for this contest is tomorrow, so make any last minute referrals now if you're nervous! ;)

Alex Walz
08-23-2010, 10:35 PM
By the way, we won't be giving out any 4th beta stage keys for this contest. Kon wants to expand the 3rd stage, so if you won a 4th beta key, you'll automatically be upgraded! :)

And let's extend this another 24 hours since I just sent out a newsletter, so there will probably be some new interest.

Peppovitch
08-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh man I just saw this tonight! I'd better round up some friends quick :D

Phew, I think I got them in time. *Crosses Fingers*

Been waiting a long time for this. Can't believe it's getting so close now!

teejai
08-25-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm waiting as patiently as I can to find out if I qualified :p

Peppovitch
08-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Yea I've been doing a lot of f5 slamming :D. SO EXCITE!

Aelfwine
08-27-2010, 02:30 AM
the only thing i hate... is that i always come back AFTER everything finishes.... *sign* ... well imma go back to that lovely rock i crawled out of.... it needs a new picture to go on its wall

Alex Walz
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your referrals! And as you've probably heard, we are looking to expand the next beta, so I did wave a couple of the requirements. :) I won't keep you waiting any longer, so without further ado, here are the results:

The contest winner, with 8 referrals, is our very own chrispytoes! Chrispytoes will be given two third beta stage keys - one for himself and one for a friend, or whoever begs the loudest.

The runners-up, who will each receive a third beta key, are teejai, Silent_Lamb, Peppovitch, and SoCalDistortion.

And then to get the fourth beta started, I'd like to extend a fourth beta stage key to the rest of the participants: Taylawlz, Dijia37, Gruber12, and adamater. We also seem to have had a lot of referrals from members who have already won at least one beta key - Miclee, Reapist, WilsonMG, Vimes, sirdustin, and Mikey - and they will also be given a fourth beta key to give to a friend or family member if they so choose in gratitude of their continued support.

Congrats and looking forward to working with you all in the beta! :)

If you've won a key, your email will be retrieved from your forum account. If you've won a second (or in some cases, a third) key, please PM me with the name and email of the person you'd like to give it to. Thanks!

LoveToKill
08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Grats everyone!

Henry Martin
08-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah congrats to all of you.

GPS51
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome everyone! Remember the beta tester's main rule: Report often and with quality!

Henry Martin
08-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Welcome everyone! Remember the beta tester's main rule: Report often and with quality!

I second that. please do.

Peppovitch
08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Ty for the well wishes guys! Although my post count is low and my forum account is only a year old, I have been watching the development of this game like a hawk since i first discovered their original site and forum. DoF has come a long way and it's success has become very important to me. Because of this, ill be putting in every effort to help the developers make this game the best that it can possibly be.

Thanks for the opportunity to become a part of the process. It does mean a lot to me.

I shall be the Officer Blart of DoF testers!

teejai
08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Woohoo, my friends actually came through for me on this one lol.. Thanks Alex I'm excited to test this out and congratulations everyone as well!!

Tamiel
08-28-2010, 03:42 AM
dibs testing easy mode

teejai
08-28-2010, 12:39 PM
This might make me seem alittle impatient but I just wanted to make sure I get the email with the instructions. Have they been sent out or any further information on what I should do/start doing to test?

Oh one more thing! Today would be a GREAT day to start testing :D

Alex Walz
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Danny's been really good about making sure everyone on the list gets the beta. He'll most likely make a thread in this forum right after sending out the emails. And if at that point, you still haven't received an email, I'd advise you to send him a quick PM. :)

teejai
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Danny's been really good about making sure everyone on the list gets the beta. He'll most likely make a thread in this forum right after sending out the emails. And if at that point, you still haven't received an email, I'd advise you to send him a quick PM. :)

Awesome, thanks Alex :)

Peppovitch
08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't feel bad teejai. It has taken everything in my power to not ask myself. :) I am overly excited about this beta and every day seems an eternity haha.

teejai
08-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Well I figured I wasn't the only one so I thought what the hell, may as well ask ;) The part that really confuses me is why this game hasn't been noticed more by people.. the game looks very promising and revolutionary (thats right.. its gonna change the world!). Anyways, excited to start testing and it gives me a reason to get away from the wife :D

Henry Martin
08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Well I figured I wasn't the only one so I thought what the hell, may as well ask ;) The part that really confuses me is why this game hasn't been noticed more by people.. the game looks very promising and revolutionary (thats right.. its gonna change the world!). Anyways, excited to start testing and it gives me a reason to get away from the wife :D

Most people stumble across this game, meaning they didn't see something about and come looking. Once it gets close to release and Reverie announces their Publisher(s), the advertisements will start, bringing this game to more gamers attention.

This game is very promising and since MMOs are the in thing right now, I think once advertisements start, it will draw attention.

Alex Walz
08-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. Our publisher seems to have some very ambitious plans for DOF that I'll hopefully be able to help out with. :)

Gruber12
08-29-2010, 02:21 AM
yay, would be greater to get a third stage one :D

also do the 4th stage ones get their key now or later when it the 4th wave gets closer

Geomancer
08-29-2010, 06:47 PM
yay, would be greater to get a third stage one :D

also do the 4th stage ones get their key now or later when it the 4th wave gets closer

I'm actually wondering this about the third stage ones... I never got a key for the fanfic competition. Hoping they just aren't sent yet. ;)

Henry Martin
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm actually wondering this about the third stage ones... I never got a key for the fanfic competition. Hoping they just aren't sent yet. ;)

Just to let everyone know, I know you are all excited. You don't get your beta key until...like a day or so before the beta starts. You will get an email from Danny. So when you get an email from him, you are getting you key.

bgergely
01-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for registering at Reverie World Studios Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.:D

DaddyNasty
01-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Is this still ongoing?

Snowyjoe
01-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Errr yeah.... I wanted to sign-up for the beta... and I was redirected here.....

Can i get a Beta Key? :D

Lol Joking.

An update on this "Referral" subject would be nice for us.... users.... that didn't register... last year.....

cryonso
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Great idea you got there.

I love competitions:D

LiTos456
01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for registering at Reverie World Studios Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.:D

I'm confused, you have one post. What?

Also for those who have been referred I'll have someone check up on this soon. I'm not sure myself really.

Warchamp84
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Do i need to make a post to click my name, sorry im new to this forum system, and i wanna try the beta bad.

LiTos456
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry folks, but I got confirmation that the referral program is now over.
Closed.