PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Swamp?

TheHoboGod
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok, so i have seen the elven starting places. Taltos & Bolfores'l are pretty cool looking. And then I looked at the swamp. I was thinking "What?!" as I saw it frozen. A frozen swamp, creative but impossible. Is there a storyline as to how it became frozen?

Khan kreiger
06-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Ok, so i have seen the elven starting places. Taltos & Bolfores'l are pretty cool looking. And then I looked at the swamp. I was thinking "What?!" as I saw it frozen. A frozen swamp, creative but impossible. Is there a storyline as to how it became frozen?

Maybe its because of the magic....it said that the place is quite and good for studying magic...so maybe the elves use soo much that it change the environment

Alex Walz
06-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Swamps can freeze, just not very often.

But most of the time, the swamps will not be frozen over. Those screenshots were just taken during the winter.

Khan kreiger
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM

But most of the time, the swamps will not be frozen over. Those screenshots were just taken during the winter.

Oh so then does Flatten rol in Gokkholm regin go through winter aswell?

TheHoboGod
06-27-2010, 10:01 PM

oh, ok. So it's just one of that small fraction of swamps that has the conditions to freeze over? Seems fine with me.

Gruber12
07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
global warming strikes again :D

SvN
07-22-2010, 02:16 AM
If a sea can freeze then of course a swamp can freeze.

aerlfredith
07-22-2010, 11:24 AM
can seas freez naturally that doesnt fit either somebody is doing something magic with dark and black magic that is or just no freezing sal waters

Miclee
07-22-2010, 11:28 AM
can seas freez naturally that doesnt fit either somebody is doing something magic with dark and black magic that is or just no freezing sal waters

Salt water actually freezes at -2.2 degrees celcius. Seas don't freeze because of their sheer size. It isn't cold long enough to freeze them, not to mention that the temperature is regulated by the currents from different parts of the world.

aerlfredith
07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
ah so with different current and saltynesslevels the seas in mythador could acually freeze ? cool :)

Josh Warner
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Some cities will have winter disabled.

Gruber12
07-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Some cities will have winter disabled

Nawww so you cant throw compacted salted snomballs at attackers then :rolleyes:

SvN
07-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Seas don't freeze because of their sheer size. It isn't cold long enough to freeze them

depends on the size... here in Finland the sea freezes during winter.

blackfang
07-25-2010, 01:47 PM
sometimes in norway as well, btw i am back:D (part time) I am working my *bad word* off so i havent really had time to check the forums. (got a job working from 9 in the morning to 7 at night.) Alot to do and one or two days free in about 2 weeks, tough my paychecks are huge:D