PDA

View Full Version : Extra region bonus

Kire
06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
This is just a little suggestion .... Wouldnt be nice if every region, beside those bonuses they have now, would have 1 special unit that no other have it? Like in AoE2 every faction had their own unit in castle. I know there would be a lot work to balance and to implement that. but its just a suggestion. What do you think ppl?

GPS51
06-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Hmm I'm not sure since the extra regions get their own special mercs. It might be more work then it's worth. Now if a fan mod wanted to do it.

Alex Walz
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I think with all the mercenary markets this idea wouldn't hold up very long. Right now there's already too many advantages to keep track of. :p Although a couple techs unique to each region may be something worth looking into.

Thanks for your input! :)

Khan kreiger
06-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Technically each race has their own special unit like ents, ogres, crossbowmen. The only reason AoE2 has that special unit is because most the units are the same but just different looking.

Henry Martin
06-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Technically each race has their own special unit like ents, ogres, crossbowmen. The only reason AoE2 has that special unit is because most the units are the same but just different looking.

He was suggesting if each 'REGION' had their own special unit.

GPS51
06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey alex will all the merc markets have different troops? I just assumed they would be the same mercs for sale for each race...??

Alex Walz
06-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep, different merchants will offer different selections of units at different prices based on that region's natural resources and the global economy. So you may get a great deal on a ranger at one market but the price for a sentry may be a total rip-off compared to that of some neighboring merchants. That's why you have to talk to the merchants to find out what they specialize in, and to hear about the other merchants.

The bigger towns will have a pretty good selection, but you'd be much less likely to find some elite units and siege weapons at the lesser towns, like the ones recently shown by Michael.

Khan kreiger
06-27-2010, 04:40 PM
He was suggesting if each 'REGION' had their own special unit.

Nooo really:eek: ....i was just saying thats too much work and just overdoing it

Henry Martin
06-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Nooo really:eek: ....i was just saying thats too much work and just overdoing it

Hey then you should have just said that.

Khan kreiger
06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey then you should have just said that.

haha srry...ya i was daydreaming while i was typing that:p

sordurar
12-03-2010, 06:03 AM
how about certain regions like , mountain region: wich gives better metal for armor and weapons? stuff like that might be possible?

SleepS
12-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Doesn't this run the risk of alienating new players? Before too long you'd have a few gigantic empires versus a large group of tiny empires that, depending on the server/game, are going to have a far more difficult time coordinating an attack on the bigger one. Then again, I'm basing all this on my preconceived notions, so I could be wrong.

GPS51
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Well you can only have 4 cities max. So everyone has the same opportunities for owning territories.

rtejada
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
the special unit idea is a little too much IMO but the tech one is a good route i think especially if its realted to the terrain like plains-type giving slighty faster mounts when units trained there or foresty regions giving better damage/range bows etc. i think that will definitely push people to want to acquire those territories due to the naturally tendency to "focus/specialize" thier army in one area.