PDA

View Full Version : Securing Beta Reminder

Danny Vink
06-20-2010, 10:56 PM
The first wave of the closed beta starts tomorrow, and those who responded to our e-mail to secure their position in the beta have received their keys. However, there are still several people who have not responded to our e-mail, and have not yet been confirmed for the first wave of the beta

If you know you are in the first wave, please double check your e-mails (spam/junk included) for our closed beta newsletter, which includes information on how to secure your position in our beta. Once you are confirmed, you will receive your key in a following e-mail, and you will be able to play the beta once it is released tomorrow

Thanks!

Aametherar
06-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the extra post, this is really important some of these guys put a ton into making sure they got in, if not all of them, I hope no one misses out. I've gotten to know em all a bit over the past year and want to see them all in beta!

LoveToKill
06-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Well im supprised anyone hasent responded yet but if yall ever decide you need to include more Testers into your stage one beta im allways here and more then willing to help.

kateros
06-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Well im supprised anyone hasent responded yet but if yall ever decide you need to include more Testers into your stage one beta im allways here and more then willing to help.

Me too I would also like to join in on the beta.

Kire
06-21-2010, 04:23 AM

Well maybe they dont know that are in first stage and also for some reason maybe didnt get and because they might not know that they also dont expect to get anything.....
Bdw why dont post full list of ppl who got in all kind betas so there wont be also so many questions about in which stage ppl are?

wills370
06-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Im guessing due to hacking reasons. If you have a list of people you can try and hack into there accounts And then you have access to it.

Henry Martin
06-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Wow I wonder how many have not responded to the emails. Well you never know what might come up and prevent you from doing soming. Good luck to all the testers as today is the day.

Me too I would also like to join in on the beta.

LOL! I guess if an opportunity presents itself, take it.

Khan kreiger
06-21-2010, 08:29 AM
the beta is here and i hope all who have it have an awesome time cant wait for the second beta:D

sneaky_squirrel
06-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Can't wait till noon 0_O, looking forward to working with everyone.

Khan kreiger
06-21-2010, 08:59 AM

your lucky if you have a beta key....which race are you going to be?

Henry Martin
06-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Same here. About three hours left.:D

Unen
06-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Wow I wonder how many have not responded to the emails. Well you never know what might come up and prevent you from doing soming. Good luck to all the testers as today is the day.

LOL! I guess if an opportunity presents itself, take it.

Yea im probably one of those. Ive been out of town this week. However after looking through my email box the only email I can find is the first beta newsletter sent on 2/09/10 which doesnt say anything about replying to it to secure a position. Admins could you possibly resend the email to me (or PM me, and ill give you an alternate email you could send it to). I recived a first stage key from the DoFsource "why do you wanna play" contest.

Thank you

Michael Mullens
06-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Those who don't respond could potentially be replaced. We'll keep you updated.

Andy Joslin
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
@Unen, you are actually in the third closed beta stage, so you will be getting an e-mail later.

Henry Martin
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
@Unen, you are actually in the third closed beta stage, so you will be getting an e-mail later.

Unen won the 'Beta essay' with me and wills370, which was a first stage key.

Miclee
06-21-2010, 11:53 AM

How exactly would the replacements be determined?

leonardo88
06-21-2010, 11:55 AM

good news :D

Thrawl
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I got the newsletter back in May about the upcoming betas but i'm not sure if I'm in any beta stage. Could someone confirm for me please? And if not, I'm available if any slots become available. Thanks, looking forward to this game!:D

leonardo88
06-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I hope in a contest for the vacant spots :)

Michael Mullens
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
How exactly would the replacements be determined?

The exact determining factors of replacing non-responders which has yet to be determined will also be determined upon determination that we will replace the non-responders.

:D

I got the newsletter back in May about the upcoming betas but i'm not sure if I'm in any beta stage. Could someone confirm for me please? And if not, I'm available if any slots become available. Thanks, looking forward to this game!:D

No, sorry. Newsletters arn't beta invites.

sneaky_squirrel
06-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Not as lucky as you might think ;p.

Going orcs, if they end up dissapointing me I will fall back to humans.

Generation
06-21-2010, 02:14 PM
am I in the first wave? Can you guys tell me? xD

Darvin
06-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Well im supprised anyone hasent responded yet
Some people could be on vacation and not have internet access at this time.

Kinda of a ripoff for the unlucky ones, but take 30 or 40 people and you'll probably find in any given week over June/July/August some of them are out of town and not answering their emails.

LoveToKill
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I know this may be foolish but im actully stuck hopeing that you guys do invite some more of us into stage 1 im ready to No life at anytime xD

Yami-Yagari
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I know this may be foolish but im actully stuck hopeing that you guys do invite some more of us into stage 1 im ready to No life at anytime xD

Would be nice for people to be boost up into the beta, but the chance is really minimal they´ll go through with it.

Emperor Nero
06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Good luck to all the beta testers. Go squash some bugs for me and enjoy the game.

Brian Shingles
06-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Generation, you're in the second stage.

I'm sure we'll put any late responders into whatever beta stage is running when they do return our emails. We don't want anyone to miss out but at the same time we must press on.

As for filling any vacant slots, as Michael said that is yet to be determined but I'll be advocating that we move up the more active members from the later stages and then fill late beta slots with more competitions.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I second that.

We`ll see where we stand early next week. And if we are really coming short of the targeted 50 CB1 players we`ll open up available spots to Stage 2 participants. It`ll be a random draw.

GPS51
06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the late ones will realize it in the next day or two. I'd hate to see them miss out from not responding immediately.

Unen
06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Unen won the 'Beta essay' with me and wills370, which was a first stage key.

Yea, I did (unless the it was changed to a 3rd stage key and i wasnt notified). Maybe double check with the DOFsource guys?

LiTos456
06-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Yea, I did (unless the it was changed to a 3rd stage key and i wasnt notified). Maybe double check with the DOFsource guys?

Yep, we've confirmed your win for the first beta. Did you not get a key still?

Danny Vink
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I sent you the e-mail Unen, you should be good to go

Unen
06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Yep, we've confirmed your win for the first beta. Did you not get a key still?
Nope not yet, hopefully soon. Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

Danny Vink
06-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Check your e-mail, I sent it this afternoon

Unen
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Check your e-mail, I sent it this afternoon

Ah ok I did get it. Was sent to a different email than the original newsletter was. Thank you, and sorry for the confusion.

Danny Vink
06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
No problem :)

wou129
06-25-2010, 03:21 AM
ok i have a question as far as i know i am in the 3 beta (Won key on dofhaven) but of what i read latly i get the idee the 3 beta has become the open beta is theat corect?

Michael Mullens
06-25-2010, 05:25 AM
ok i have a question as far as i know i am in the 3 beta (Won key on dofhaven) but of what i read latly i get the idee the 3 beta has become the open beta is theat corect?

Not to my knowledge as Open Beta would be entitled Open Beta not Closed Beta 3. Now if this were to officially change like so... i'm sure we'd move you and everyone else into CBT2

wou129
06-26-2010, 08:23 AM
ok thanks (sorry about going of topic a bit)

Feweh
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I've been lurking on this forums forever and am quite sad to say that i did not receive a key.

Looking forward to the second phase i guess.

Yami-Yagari
06-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I've been lurking on this forums forever and am quite sad to say that i did not receive a key.

Well, most people didn't just get a beta key. Most people here got their beta keys by entering and winning several contests posted on this forum.

Henry Martin
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, most people didn't just get a beta key. Most people here got their beta keys by entering and winning several contests posted on this forum.

Weird how so many people think that we got our keys randomly from the devs.:confused:

GPS51
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah I know it's a very random thing. But everyone loves a beta key.

Raulaun
06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I hope I get an invite for round 2, i'm itching to play now that i'm back from my texas 2 month fishing trip :)

Henry Martin
06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I hope I get an invite for round 2, i'm itching to play now that i'm back from my texas 2 month fishing trip :)

I believe all of the closed betas, you must have to win a contest to get in. The open betas are the ones you will most likely get invited to.

Raulaun
06-28-2010, 07:30 PM
I believe all of the closed betas, you must have to win a contest to get in. The open betas are the ones you will most likely get invited to.

Yeah, I know that, i'm hoping to win a contest, not sure which are open right now, though.

Yami-Yagari
06-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I know that, i'm hoping to win a contest, not sure which are open right now, though.

There will be new contests before second phase starts, or at least so we've been told. :)

Miclee
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm guessing those contests will be for later beta stages, though.

Yami-Yagari
06-30-2010, 04:52 AM
I'm guessing those contests will be for later beta stages, though.

Second and third stage i believe.

blackfang
06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
i already got for a 3rd, through a contest... I wish it was for a first:( Aww well i am in the third so i guess i cant complain... Much:rolleyes: