PDA

View Full Version : Human/Orc guild

dominus()
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
I was looking at some posts on the site and read that orcs are good for brute strength and humans have the best siege weaponry and cavalry
therefore i was thinking maybe a human orc guild could work nicely because the humans could bring in heavy duty, expensive siege equipment and cavalry and the orcs could be the mass meat grinder at the front

any ideas, could be interesting???

although this lacks archer, but who needs archers when besiegeing a castle if u can destroy the walls the flood the place with axe and spear weilding green skins...

this is an idea for an aggresive guild, but it would mean that every battle fought would need atleast an orc and a human army joining each other

Yami-Yagari
05-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Sounds nice. One thing seems to bother me though. Like i said at the "Clan Dominion" thread, people are assuming that you can create guilds with different races, although it has not been confirmed. So these guild ideas may sound nice, but don't get your hopes up.

otomotopia
05-31-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

Clan Dominion:

I recognize the benefits of having multiple races and homelands in one guild- giving players the opportunity to specialize in one area will both help the group strategically and let individuals develop their own tactics. Therefore, I will accept all races into this organization.

The way Dominion has the advantage in war is by having members of all different races use their strengths to fill the weaknesses of others, which in turn allows members to focus on specific types of units without sacrificing an overall diversity. By having a human player focus on cavalry and anti-cavalry units, an Orc player focus on mass fodder units and siege, and an Elven player focusing on long range and elite melee units, every base is covered and players can use their units to the greatest effect, because they don't have to worry about micromanaging multiple types of units.
I was thinking along the same lines as you. As long as Orcs have some geared, tech'd, and experienced fodder, they can play with other races and compliment their armies, no matter what that ally has.

LoveToKill
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Humans are the only race id be willing to work with and both humans and orcs will have archers together who knows anyway i have a few strats they may work in theory depends on how things will Work out However a non aggresion pact with humans persay we will have to see how things go :)

otomotopia
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Sounds nice. One thing seems to bother me though. Like i said at the "Clan Dominion" thread, people are assuming that you can create guilds with different races, although it has not been confirmed. So these guild ideas may sound nice, but don't get your hopes up.

It actually has, by Alex. Search it :)

dominus()
05-31-2010, 06:23 PM

this is very good then

i think that each race will probably have a slight advantage in one area, and have been doing some searching and apparently the orcs have the largest pop cap which means the most unit, the humans are industrious and have good cavalry, infantry and siege equipment and the elves have magic, stealth and archery as well as a couple of high powerd units

i think that combining these two races only lacks one thing realy, the magic element, but there are rumours that there will be mercs so maybe hiring some elves if going up against elf to fill the black hole of magic and stealth would be quite good

LiTos456
05-31-2010, 11:05 PM
What this with all the guild threads coming up?
You like, set everyone off the leesh otomotopia.
*runs to hurry up on DoFSource*

DarkMaster
06-01-2010, 01:30 AM
No! My pure human lands shall never consort with orc filth! Elves are still second-class but we humans do see their value:)

Rant finished.

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 07:00 AM

Well thats lame. :(
SO basicly the game now kind of forces you to ally with other races, less your guild will be easily destroyed. I mean an orc only guild has no chance against a guild composed of all 3 races. The only advantage we have becomes basicly useless, since they'l have it also.

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 08:28 AM
I disagree my friend together we can stand strong besides they just want us as the cannon fodder zZzZzZzZz

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I disagree my friend together we can stand strong besides they just want us as the cannon fodder zZzZzZzZz

Thats the thing! orcs are mostly cannon fodder.
And now they can have cannon fodder aswell to negate our cannon fodder. :(

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
your assumein that they will ally withothers though Im not to sure about all that Yet. The ones who stray from the fold can allways be brought back to the light just a little love is needed xD

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 08:57 AM
The ones who stray from the fold can allways be brought back to the light just a little love is needed xD

You really have a messed up way of showing love don't you?:eek:

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
im true to my nature i absolutely love to kill players :x

Puppeteer
06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
What do you prefer: principles or pragmatism?

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
well in this cetrin topic pragmatism is my answer it works :x

dominus()
06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
principles all the way!!

otomotopia
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Well thats lame. :(
SO basicly the game now kind of forces you to ally with other races, less your guild will be easily destroyed. I mean an orc only guild has no chance against a guild composed of all 3 races. The only advantage we have becomes basicly useless, since they'l have it also.

It does not force you to play with other races, just creative use of units and adaptation. You just need to use different tactics with different races.

sneaky_squirrel
06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
You may do as you wish, but don't you dare set foot in my desert for we will not be a part of this.

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Your desert huh Bigwords lets see if you can back those up in release like i said i and many other are eynin all the orc lands z_Z

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
You may do as you wish, but don't you dare set foot in my desert for we will not be a part of this.

YOUR DESERT?!:eek:

Don't get to cócky, less you want to be the first of many to get conquered by the great me! :)

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
kids these days my goodness stakeing claims in land allthoughits time for myself to awaken from this dream and see who MAY emrage as the deserts leader

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Weren't you going to be forest orc?

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Aye im a small town forest boy myself regardless i have certin plans To Claim some extra lands myself just debateing in what plans i wantto use to secure said lands

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Can give you a patch of desert if you want. Once I'm done taking over Brakental, you can have all the desert you need.:p

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 03:13 PM
lol so your takeing it over just to supply it to me how generous of you

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
lol so your takeing it over just to supply it to me how generous of you

Not everything, AND for a price..:p
Money makes the world turn round.

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Depends on how things go there Buddy you gota Own the desert first though we will have to see how things turn out :)

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Don't worry, my charismatic personality will sway people to my side. :p

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 03:26 PM
If only things where as so simple > = ) Anyway im interested as i said in who will own the desert sounds llike theres a big **** fight for the desert luckly forest sounds calm andhopefully something i can easly slip myself into

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Probably because people have a shared opinion about thikken dal, namely that thikken dal is for pansies(except you ofcourse). :eek:

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 03:47 PM
To be 100% honest i understand there view point But theres certin things you desert orcs aint lookin at which is why i ruled them out as a choicefor my starter ive played many mmorts browser based and graphics i know how they usually runtheres a very Good reason why i chose the forest over the desert :x

Yami-Yagari
06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Not so sure about desert myself either. Flattan rol seems nice to, but Brakental has all the action apparently. But i'll see in the beta.

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I agreewith you on thatman we wont know till after betaor openbeta depending onhow things go for yall

DarkMaster
06-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Notice how few human supporters have posted here?;)

LoveToKill
06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
thats cause human players dont really exsist

dominus()
06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
thats cause human players dont really exsist

we are the dying breed in the fantasy world, i think its cus most human players would side with the elves and think of themselves as good, i want to have a kinda semi evil kingdom and side with orcs, maybe give my troops a nice black and red paint job and become that evil human faction which is always present in fantasy novels... we oppress the people ect and we side with greenskin brutes!

Negthareas
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Rhun and Harad are very popular with LOTR modders and players. They form the two human groups that sided with the evil Sauron.

Still, in general, human RTS players are dying out a little, in the sense that most people still play as human because of their familiarity with the fantasy human/medieval race, but prefer to play as the other races.

Thus, you could say it is still very much alive but is no longer a favorite.

dominus()
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
hmm i suppose, i would quite like to have a evil looking castle, maybe a bit minas morgul, have black charred walls which spikes ect
im definately gunna be using the map editor to create some lotr maps and some nice looking evil capitals!

Negthareas
06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I know -Dof modding will be huge for LOTR and other fantasy based RTSs.

dominus()
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I know -Dof modding will be huge for LOTR and other fantasy based RTSs.

there is a hard core of fantasy literature which is the wheel of time series, i will particularly be looking at the names of cities and the castles in that series of books (by the now deceased robert jordan (cries slightly) to give me inspiration for this game

Negthareas
06-04-2010, 07:36 AM
there is a hard core of fantasy literature which is the wheel of time series, i will particularly be looking at the names of cities and the castles in that series of books (by the now deceased robert jordan (cries slightly) to give me inspiration for this game

This is strange - I consider myself to be somewhat of a fantasy adept, and yet I have never heard of this series. I will look it up.

Aelfwine
06-05-2010, 12:42 AM
apparently its a really good series... i keep forgetting to check it out... but it still pops out every once in awhile ... so that means it has a fairly large fanbase ^_^

dominus()
06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
apparently its a really good series... i keep forgetting to check it out... but it still pops out every once in awhile ... so that means it has a fairly large fanbase ^_^

yea it does, unfortunately the author died a couple of years ago before he finished the last book, but there are 11 or 12 books in the series so far, so its a commitment to read them all

Negthareas
06-05-2010, 10:20 PM
yea it does, unfortunately the author died a couple of years ago before he finished the last book, but there are 11 or 12 books in the series so far, so its a commitment to read them all

hmmm... have the fans gotten anything together, or demanded a write up of the author's notes or anything? I mean, If tolkein had died halfway through the ROTK and, miraculously the first two books had already been published [though I know that the three-book division was artificial - Tolkein wrote LOTR as one book], there would have been riots. Christopher Tolkein would have had to get on the job quick and at least provide a filled in outline for ROTK.

dilba
06-06-2010, 02:14 AM
hmmm... have the fans gotten anything together, or demanded a write up of the author's notes or anything? I mean, If tolkein had died halfway through the ROTK and, miraculously the first two books had already been published [though I know that the three-book division was artificial - Tolkein wrote LOTR as one book], there would have been riots. Christopher Tolkein would have had to get on the job quick and at least provide a filled in outline for ROTK.

Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn, Alcatraz) is finishing the series with notes by Robert Jordan and there will be a total of 14 books.

Negthareas
06-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn, Alcatraz) is finishing the series with notes by Robert Jordan and there will be a total of 14 books.

Good- wanted to make sure there would be an ending before I started to read.