PDA

View Full Version : Clan Dominion

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Hear me, Hear me! The Warlord Otomotopia is seeking like minded leaders of all races to join under one banner! With his guiding hand, we will make our stake in this world with the tool of WAR. Set aside your differences, friends, and take up arms with him, for honor, glory, and wealth! Take up arms with Clan Dominion!

Forward from Clan Dominion's leader:

With the recent outbreak of guild activity, I have decided to take action and start organizing a group of players to join with me to make a name for ourselves. Your knowledge and merit will determine your place in this guild, nothing else. I recognize the benefits of having multiple races and homelands in one guild- giving players the opportunity to specialize in one area will both help the group strategically and let individuals develop their own tactics. Therefore, I will accept all races into this organization.

What makes Dominion different:
The way Dominion has the advantage in war is by having members of all different races use their strengths to fill the weaknesses of others, which in turn allows members to focus on specific types of units without sacrificing an overall diversity. By having a human player focus on cavalry and anti-cavalry units, an Orc player focus on mass fodder units and siege, and an Elven player focusing on long range and elite melee units, every base is covered and players can use their units to the greatest effect, because they don't have to worry about micromanaging multiple types of units.

Dominion plans on organizing our players to support each other and therefore ourselves. Every threat to one of our player should be taken as a threat to us as a whole, and it is expected that other players come to the aid of a threatened member if they ask for it.

Dominion will be organized organized and dominate in all aspects of the game, from war to trade. We will use our combined resources and power to control the market and the land. We will also provide our power, knowledge, and resources to select players and organizations who are in our good graces for a price, determined by the contracted member and the contracts' standing with our guild.

Dominion will project its force as it sees fit, but we will always respect our diplomatic and trade agreements with other guilds and clans, as long as the agreement lasts or the terms are not broken.

To us, Dominion is your race. Therefore, Dominion will allow its members to raid as they see fit. Dominion allows and encourages the practice of attacking other players of any race, but we also highly encourage getting another member who augments your force to support your attack.

A new dawn approaches.
Dominion has risen.

Any player who wishes to publicly join Dominion or ask questions about us should post here. My PM inbox is open to questions or pledges that you may not want public.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 10:48 AM
How crafty of you indeed and multi raced sounds interesting enough Shall be interesting to see how you and your guild/clan shall fair Buwhahaha

nickson104
05-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah I think everyone else here is out for their own piece of power for now... :p

At least wait until the beta starts lol, you cant sign up for a clan without even a game to play it on :p

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah I think everyone else here is out for their own piece of power for now... :p

At least wait until the beta starts lol, you cant sign up for a clan without even a game to play it on :p

Quite true on both aspects, but why not try and get the word out now, eh? ^^

My goal with this is to get the word out and try to start playing with any interested people to get to know their playstyle and skill levels. I do expect to get some response, and start building an infrastructure now. I'm working on a forum and logo for us, and hope to acquire a vent server after we start rolling.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Meh, i donīt know. Mulit race clan sounds nice, but big chance that it might destroy itself. Letīs be honest, a chance to screw allied elf/human over in their back while technically allied is far to alluring not to take.

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Meh, i donīt know. Mulit race clan sounds nice, but big chance that it might destroy itself. Letīs be honest, a chance to screw allied elf/human over in their back while technically allied is far to alluring not to take.
That being said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The way this guild will be set up is so that winning is much more likely then loosing, because of both organization and the benefits I've listed. Why screw over having fun, winning, and benefits?

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
gota say yesterday i was all hyped on the idea but today not so much But i doagree gettingeverything ready just in case cant hurt so best of luck to you

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Hope it works out though, or rather that your idea is even possible.

That being said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The way this guild will be set up is so that winning is much more likely then loosing, because of both organization and the benefits I've listed. Why screw over having fun, winning, and benefits?

Well, mainly because what i was expecting was more of a race war instead of races being allied with one and another. Plus its really fun backstabbing elfs in the end, those pointy eared hippies:mad:

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Rofl pointy eared hippies ftw! idk usualy multi raced guilds take alota heat and get put down :x

blackfang
05-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Rofl pointy eared hippies ftw! idk usualy multi raced guilds take alota heat and get put down :x

They work in world of warcraft, i have actually never seen a pure human guild yet. Also if they can pull it off then anybody can:D

LiTos456
05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Hmm, this reminds me, we should get working on that DoFSource groups system...

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
dont suppose you can elaberate on that statment litos?

GPS51
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah I look forward to DoFsource being open again.

Negthareas
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, here is a list of my skills [just for the record]

- I have been a mostly off-line player, and as such, do not have too much experience against human playes
- I have played mostly Medieval style RTSs, so this is my strongpoint [Age of Empires, Rise of Rome, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Conquerors, Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2]
- I have been very successful on all of these games with the diff. for AI on harest [BFME2 brutal - was the most challenging - I had a hard time with that setting]
- I inted to play all three races at this point, and do not think that any of the races is nec. superior [I have not played the game - and so will withhold my opinions on this until then].
- I can turtle and boom, but I am not much of a rush player, though I am working on developing that skill as well.

Hmm. I think that is about it.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, here is a list of my skills [just for the record]

- I have been a mostly off-line player, and as such, do not have too much experience against human playes
- I have played mostly Medieval style RTSs, so this is my strongpoint [Age of Empires, Rise of Rome, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Conquerors, Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2]
- I have been very successful on all of these games with the diff. for AI on harest [BFME2 brutal - was the most challenging - I had a hard time with that setting]
- I inted to play all three races at this point, and do not think that any of the races is nec. superior [I have not played the game - and so will withhold my opinions on this until then].
- I can turtle and boom, but I am not much of a rush player, though I am working on developing that skill as well.

Hmm. I think that is about it.

Seriously?? :eek:
I mean, wow, you really had that much trouble with brutal in BFME2?
He's a cake walk. spend it on heroes and ranged units for the initial rush, upgrade your ranged units and get spearmen and you can win. It isn't all that hard really.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Dont worry my elven friend i shall show you what a Rush is :)

Negthareas
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Seriously?? :eek:
I mean, wow, you really had that much trouble with brutal in BFME2?
He's a cake walk. spend it on heroes and ranged units for the initial rush, upgrade your ranged units and get spearmen and you can win. It isn't all that hard really.

On the brutal setting - I meant that it was harder in comparison to any of the other "hardest" settings for Ai in other RTS games.

Not that it hit me hard, it just took me longer to crack.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Even still, it isn't all that hard to crack either. It always starts with large rush of weak units, which is good to level your best hero you can afford, until like midgame, when they're smart enough to build different units, like cavalry and siege engines, but by then you already have fully upgraded archers and probably lvl 6 hero(es). Not that hard to figure out.

Negthareas
05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Even still, it isn't all that hard to crack either. It always starts with large rush of weak units, which is good to level your best hero you can afford, until like midgame, when they're smart enough to build different units, like cavalry and siege engines, but by then you already have fully upgraded archers and probably lvl 6 hero(es). Not that hard to figure out.

Maybe your right, my judgement could be off.

In any case, I had a lot of probs with BFME2 [I just didn't like it in general] esp how weak structures and walls were. There are some good Mods for it though [the3rdage.net].

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Unfortunately, most players do not follow such formulas, and there is absolutely a value at not figuring out AI patterns-you learn how to adapt quickly to a situation you don't fully understand, and even better- overcome it through sheer skill, instead of a 'method.'

Thank you for listing your resume Negthareas! Even if you are not fully applying yet, I absolutely appreciate your vote of confidence and support. Let's get into contact again soon mate.

The Witch King of Angmar
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I love when people do this. Every time it fails due to the fact that no one wants to make commitments since the game isn't even out yet. I wonder, how many threads have we had on this? 20? :p

nickson104
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I love when people do this. Every time it fails due to the fact that no one wants to make commitments since the game isn't even out yet. I wonder, how many threads have we had on this? 20? :p

Exactly! But lets not shoot them down as of yet :p

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 05:13 PM
if your talking about guild recrting befor game lease that shouldnt supprise you Really Hard core gamers usually do this allthough these days theyjust go from game to game if this game becomes as epicas it hasthe potentuali can think of a few clans with alota members that are going to jump into with 100+ easy if there not allready planning to do so

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 05:53 PM

FYI, I've lead 3 guilds from pre-alpha/alpha to 4, 5, and 8 months respectively. It works when you're with me.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 06:00 PM
They just dont understand us hardcore Gamers

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
FYI, I've lead 3 guilds from pre-alpha/alpha to 4, 5, and 8 months respectively. It works when you're with me.

Didn't know DoF had alpha tests. :eek:

crex719
05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
lol I tried making a guild a few years back, expected the game to come out quicker

Ewing
05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
ugh when i hear guilds i think of wow a game with nothing special about it that sucked millions of souls into it. i duno if im alowed to speak of other companys on here lol but (u know who) could make a nfl game nothing special the same thing but dumb down the graphics a little and make nfl game sell the most it has in 5 years combined heck maybe the most played nfl game of all time. they could release a my little pony game and it would have 2 million active players. they have the midus touch. everyone says they make quality games they do make ok games they do have good servers but they havent made anything to revolutionize games yet and thats what dof is doing :D DOF>sc2 :D

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Dude, I have absolutely no idea what the heck you just said. Either way, if you're playing any multiplayer game, you're going to hear about a clan or guild.

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Didn't know DoF had alpha tests. :eek:

DoF has in-house testing, not an alpha test. I meant that I have lead three guilds in other games from pre-alpha to post release success.

-Sigma-
05-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Forward from Clan Dominion's leader:

With the recent outbreak of guild activity, I have decided to take action and start organizing a group of players to join with me to make a name for ourselves. Your knowledge and merit will determine your place in this guild, nothing else. I recognize the benefits of having multiple races and homelands in one guild- giving players the opportunity to specialize in one area will both help the group strategically and let individuals develop their own tactics. Therefore, I will accept all races into this organization.

What makes Dominion different:
The way Dominion has the advantage in war is by having members of all different races use their strengths to fill the weaknesses of others, which in turn allows members to focus on specific types of units without sacrificing an overall diversity. By having a human player focus on cavalry and anti-cavalry units, an Orc player focus on mass fodder units and siege, and an Elven player focusing on long range and elite melee units, every base is covered and players can use their units to the greatest effect, because they don't have to worry about micromanaging multiple types of units.

Dominion plans on organizing our players to support each other and therefore ourselves. Every threat to one of our player should be taken as a threat to us as a whole, and it is expected that other players come to the aid of a threatened member if they ask for it.

Dominion will be organized organized and dominate in all aspects of the game, from war to trade. We will use our combined resources and power to control the market and the land. We will also provide our power, knowledge, and resources to select players and organizations who are in our good graces for a price, determined by the contracted member and the contracts' standing with our guild.

Dominion will project its force as it sees fit, but we will always respect our diplomatic and trade agreements with other guilds and clans, as long as the agreement lasts or the terms are not broken.

To us, Dominion is your race. Therefore, Dominion will allow its members to raid as they see fit. Dominion allows and encourages the practice of attacking other players of any race, but we also highly encourage getting another member who augments your force to support your attack.

A new dawn approaches.
Dominion has risen.

Any player who wishes to publicly join Dominion or ask questions about us should post here. My PM inbox is open to questions or pledges that you may not want public.

I look forward to slaughtering you mindless fools :cool:

wills370
05-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Sure i will be intrested. I have a good track record with other games frequently been in the top ten or top tribe so good times :)

I will prop be human or elf. So will be a nice coalition going. Plus goals are always good :)

Aametherar
05-27-2010, 02:45 AM

At least we desert orcs don't have to worry about it, I think we're all on the same page regardless. If you're a desert orc you live, if you're not you die. Although I may start to question how much any desert orcs that would ally them with other races deserve to live. We don't need some special alliance or guild to smell weakness and crush it. We desert orcs don't ally, we swarm. The only communication we need is "yournamehere is weak", and before you know it we're swarming over their lands. I can tell you this right now, I don't need a guild, clan, or alliance to destroy weaklings who need them so badly. We desert orcs are desert orcs for a reason, I fully expect only the most elite players to be toughing it out in the desert.

LoveToKill
05-27-2010, 03:29 AM
At least we desert orcs don't have to worry about it, I think we're all on the same page regardless. If you're a desert orc you live, if you're not you die. Although I may start to question how much any desert orcs that would ally them with other races deserve to live. We don't need some special alliance or guild to smell weakness and crush it. We desert orcs don't ally, we swarm. The only communication we need is "yournamehere is weak", and before you know it we're swarming over their lands. I can tell you this right now, I don't need a guild, clan, or alliance to destroy weaklings who need them so badly. We desert orcs are desert orcs for a reason, I fully expect only the most elite players to be toughing it out in the desert.

and after hewokehe arose to find he was serviceing us forest orcs with tributes n things of that nature :) Good morninghow areyou desert orc?

Yami-Yagari
05-27-2010, 04:15 AM

Look at it this way. My guess is there will be lots more desert orcs than that there will be orcs. Desert orcs have great melee, weak ranged and worse walls. if people were to gang up on you, your toast. You have to ally in the desert, even if you donīt want to, to ensure that you have some sort of permanent defense against the rest of those opportunists.

otomotopia
05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Sure i will be intrested. I have a good track record with other games frequently been in the top ten or top tribe so good times :)

I will prop be human or elf. So will be a nice coalition going. Plus goals are always good :)

Thank you for your interest willis!

To both willis and Negthareas, please get in contact with me via PM. I would like to know what stages you will be entering (If you remember:) )so I can start a timeline for a logo, private forum, VoIP server, and potential website.

I'm glad that we've got such a solid base of interest. You two have been here for a long time, and I appreciate your vote of confidence =)

Yami-Yagari
05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you for your interest willis!

To both willis and Negthareas, please get in contact with me via PM. I would like to know what stages you will be entering (If you remember:) )so I can start a timeline for a logo, private forum, VoIP server, and potential website.

I'm glad that we've got such a solid base of interest. You two have been here for a long time, and I appreciate your vote of confidence =)

An orc amongst elves. Hope that works out for you.

GPS51
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Archers and ogres...a potent combo.

LiTos456
05-27-2010, 02:52 PM
dont suppose you can elaberate on that statment litos?

To fill you in, I'm the owner of a big DoF fansite DoFSource, but it is down for reconstruction right now as we're doing a complete reboot and it will feature a full guild system which will allow you to have personal pages for your guilds where you'll be able to register your members and if someone ever wants to find a guild to join they are going to look there as well, and may find yours. You'll be able to post updates and there will even be a wall of quick updates on the front page of the system which will include things such as alliance/war declarations, results of various battles, and what not else to help everyone keep up with what's going on in the DoF world right now. :)

PS: I'm surprised how big this thread got so quickly already. Damn you school! Little free time to work on DoFS.

-Sigma-
05-27-2010, 11:17 PM
An orc amongst elves. Hope that works out for you.

I think im going to be sick

LoveToKill
05-28-2010, 01:08 AM
I think im going to be sick

Never fearill clup you like a harp sealand end your missery :cool:

Yami-Yagari
05-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Ok its sick, orc allying with elves, but its even more sick that elves want to ally with orc.

LoveToKill
05-28-2010, 04:44 AM
I concurwith your statement Yami we arebeing affectedby the CBP its a rare disease it travles from game to game Ihavent seenit since WoW to be honesti hoped it was dead yes it hasreturned the evil Care Bare Plauge symptoms include wanting to cuddle with others races shareing res with other races and befor the finalstagewhichis old age theresmateing with other races thats right elf and orc babies everywherecanyou imagine these things :! the horor! Someone save us from this evil!

otomotopia
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I concurwith your statement Yami we arebeing affectedby the CBP its a rare disease it travles from game to game Ihavent seenit since WoW to be honesti hoped it was dead yes it hasreturned the evil Care Bare Plauge symptoms include wanting to cuddle with others races shareing res with other races and befor the finalstagewhichis old age theresmateing with other races thats right elf and orc babies everywherecanyou imagine these things :! the horor! Someone save us from this evil!

We've already been horrendously affected by your total lack of English skills. And I thought "Care bears" were people who didn't want to fight? Because I know we're always itching for a fight.

Now cut the flaming, this is technically a recruitment thread, not insult-the-clan thread.

LiTos456
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM

Seems like you're the carrier, so I'll save you.
/ban

Just kidding :p
Don't see how that post is flame otomotopia, though it is kind of random.

Michael Mullens
05-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Hmmm... not sure how I feel about an "Orc" clan being multi-racial! The only role humans and elves should play for an Orc is as a slave or dinner. Just saying...

nickson104
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Hmmm... not sure how I feel about an "Orc" clan being multi-racial! The only role humans and elves should play for an Orc is as a slave or dinner. Just saying...

Boom he said it! :) I like this guy, from his several posts I really like this guy :) I can see why Reverie picked you :) And I'm quite glad they did :)

Yami-Yagari
05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Though I like it that your supporting our cause, but arenīt you supposed to be neutral? Just saying. :confused:

LoveToKill
05-28-2010, 06:49 PM
We've already been horrendously affected by your total lack of English skills. And I thought "Care bears" were people who didn't want to fight? Because I know we're always itching for a fight.

Now cut the flaming, this is technically a recruitment thread, not insult-the-clan thread.

LoL Oto i was just kidding doing so in good faith srry if i offended you and srrry you dont like my spelling tho honestly i care very little, But as i said man i didnt mean to seem like a troll it was honestly a joke didnt mean to step on any toes kinda forget this aint Vent imuse to just throwingout a jokeand everyone being able to Relax.

Again my bad..and not to be rude but i do like to joke and i never mean anythingin an offensive tone or mood but if it continuesto bother you just skipover my post allthough since my english is so bad you should of just done so from the beggining.

Henry Martin
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
LoL Oto i was just kidding doing so in good faith srry if i offended you and srrry you dont like my spelling tho honestly i care very little, But as i said man i didnt mean to seem like a troll it was honestly a joke didnt mean to step on any toes kinda forget this aint Vent imuse to just throwingout a jokeand everyone being able to Relax.

Again my bad..and not to be rude but i do like to joke and i never mean anythingin an offensive tone or mood but if it continuesto bother you just skipover my post allthough since my english is so bad you should of just done so from the beggining.

You enlish tis no werse din mosts amerdicans:). Ifya no wit I meen;).

GPS51
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
One thing my civilization will be remember for... sa wut?

LoveToKill
05-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Its especially bad for myself uhg i thought it was an obvious joke though since i was clearly talking about the races in game i need to go to re-learn english then again i never knew it from the start :x

Aametherar
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Hum hum, we're role playing our races don't take it personally you elf loving scum...Oh darn, there I go again :D

otomotopia
05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Its especially bad for myself uhg i thought it was an obvious joke though since i was clearly talking about the races in game i need to go to re-learn english then again i never knew it from the start :x

Don't worry about it, its just a case of "Bad day" lol. I went off on Puppeteer too, sorry guys.

But really, this is a recruitment post, not a discussion post.

-Sigma-
05-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Ok its sick, orc allying with elves, but its even more sick that elves want to ally with orc.

HEY!!!, Hey!!!

Lets not go nuts :cool:

sneaky_squirrel
05-30-2010, 10:59 AM
If your roleplaying as orcs, you shouldn't be insulting elves with words or sayign your gonna eat them, that is way too civilized for orcs ;p, plus it sounds kind of...off.

Yami-Yagari
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
If your roleplaying as orcs, you shouldn't be insulting elves with words or sayign your gonna eat them, that is way too civilized for orcs ;p, plus it sounds kind of...off.

True, when roleplaying orcs you don't think, you do!!!:D
We don't talk about decapitating elves, we decapitate elves and use their heads as bongo's!

-Sigma-
05-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Look i dont mind working with orcs i see no problem. But keep away from raiding me, you will seriously regret it. That i can promise you.

Yami-Yagari
05-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Look i dont mind working with orcs i see no problem. But keep away from raiding me, you will seriously regret it. That i can promise you.

Regret it when, late or endgame? :p
By then you'll be destroyed! MWUHAHA :D

sumo0
05-31-2010, 08:56 AM
im all for the all races part, but i dont agree on players focusing on different units. to me that sounds like players will be weak if attacked at their home front alone, and that being something that could maybe hinder the guild from making the progress it should be doing.

maybe let everyone balance their army instead and then when attacking together players could just put their units in collective groups and attack together in that way.
would require some more macroing, but dont we gamers love a challenge like that1?

GPS51
05-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I thought gamers simply looked for a solution and then performed it over and over for total victory.

LoveToKill
05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
that is what gamers do callit the standard build xDand obviously everyones army will be diverse however thats assumeing theres no standard builds made during beta.

aerlfredith
07-22-2010, 05:59 AM
so how do we get into this guild?