PDA

View Full Version : A guild/clan subforum

Ndition
05-26-2010, 06:48 AM
I think it would be a good idea to create a subforum for guild/clan recruiting and advertising.

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it would be a good idea to create a subforum for guild/clan recruiting and advertising.

Until we've had a chance to reveal the relevant information, and the beta itself is under way it might be a little early for something like that - keep in mind an essentially dead forum is detrimental for those that might join, seeing a bunch of empty and unused forums gives off a ghost town vibe. I like the idea of such a forum, it just might be better to wait a little while, almost certainly during the beta at some point.

In the mean time people are free to use the off topic/possibly general forums for such topics which could if needed be moved to any such clan forums we might create later. This isn't an official stance or anything, just an observation as someone who uses forums. You'd need someone like Kon or Alex I believe to deal with things like this, I'm not sure if they have plans for something along these lines but they probably do.

Tamiel
09-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Ive just posted a clan thread in the main square

Raulaun
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
DoF should wait until around 5-10 guilds are actively mingling in the forums. I dont think a subforum is needed until they start to clutter the forums.

Peppovitch
09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree that a subforum should wait until more information on guilds has been released. People will start wanting to join guilds when there is in game guild support and a reason to join one.

I'd love to start/join a guild but i feel it's still far too early

Dreadnought
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree with whats been said above, but dont wait too long, if DoF dont embrace guilds, and allow such forums then no dount a plethora of Fan sites and independant guilds will spawn anyway, probably better that they are on the inside than the outside dont you think?

Rycon
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I agree with josh.Give the beta some time until more people join