PDA

View Full Version : Another question

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Quick questioni just herd a rumor that your enemyHASto accept battle for you to enterit and if not they haveto pay resources

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Yes, people who get attack have the option to fight. If they don't want to fight, they can wait for reinforcements. And if they don't wait for reinforcements, they can bribe you to back down. That is, i think you have to option to accept or decline the offer, else it would be the all powerful anti attack tool(except for logging off) if the game forces you to take the bribe.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
So baseicly i attack mr X he say i dont wanna and i dont go into battle at all thats to no penalty to the other wht so ever thas going to kill this game.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Well, that really depends, because there hasn't been any real news whatsoever on this part of the game. They did say you can bribe people, but they never discussed if you have to accept the bribe or can choose not to. most likely you don't have to accept the bribe, but that really depends.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:49 AM
well im hopeing the moderators can shed some light on this those types of things WILL kill or keep this game going i like bribe system akkthough it will need tweakin ifits to work

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Yeah, it will need some more explaining. Because i'm wondering if you can increase the bribe or turn it into more of a tribute so that you don't attack.

Puppeteer
05-26-2010, 05:34 AM
So baseicly i attack mr X he say i dont wanna and i dont go into battle at all thats to no penalty to the other wht so ever thas going to kill this game.

As far as I'm aware, you either accept the battle and fight or pay a tribute based on your number of units/development of defences. I think there's a 20 minute interval (or somewhere around there) after being attacked (whether you fight or surrender) that you are immune from being attacked again.

Source: http://reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509
Second post, in the middle.
Note that you cannot be attacked when Offline.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 05:54 AM
As far as I'm aware, you either accept the battle and fight or pay a tribute based on your number of units/development of defences. I think there's a 20 minute interval (or somewhere around there) after being attacked (whether you fight or surrender) that you are immune from being attacked again.

Source: http://reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509
Second post, in the middle.
Note that you cannot be attacked when Offline.

I know you can bribe them to stop attacking, but do attackers have the option to accept or decline the bribe?

nickson104
05-26-2010, 06:09 AM
I know you can bribe them to stop attacking, but do attackers have the option to accept or decline the bribe?

Im thinking your forced to accept... Why would they include it otherwise, no-one would accept tribute really...

And it wont kill the game, it allows the players who cant afford to be attacked to save themselves, therefore keeping players interested who would otherwise be anhialated once again. And the attackers get a nice big pay off for their trouble, you attack on the game to loot and get resources, and here you get them without losing a single man... Then you turn your troops around and attack someone else yes? :) :p

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
that bribes need to be hefty and completely unable to attack While theregone While i can So agree with that option i can see it messing up the game and its something id wish they would poll haveing a lvl system which dictates what you can and cannot attack allready on top of everyone offering what may become a small bribe and then no one ever attacking to late game kinda becomes redundant and boreing andif those bribes are substantual thenorcs lose there Rushing ability since they never rushed anyone really then elfs A move :x

nickson104
05-26-2010, 09:21 AM
There already is a system where you can only attack people of generally the same level... Preventing major players from preying on startups and such...

And everyone will still attack anyway, looting is the fastest and most efficient way to make money in the game... Your economy can power itself, but not sufficiently. In order to help you build up to raiding and looting, quests are available, varying from easy ones to difficult ones that have potential to pay off better than attacking a player.
The game is geared towards people attacking each other, without doing so not only will the game be a lot more boring but it will also take forever :p

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm kinda wondering. What is the eventual goal of DoF?
Like, in another MMORTS called BattleDawn, where your guild collects relics and whoever has the most relics at the end of it wins. Just wondering, considering that you can't conquer or destroy enemy players, so they haven't really explained the goal of the game.

otomotopia
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm kinda wondering. What is the eventual goal of DoF?
Like, in another MMORTS called BattleDawn, where your guild collects relics and whoever has the most relics at the end of it wins. Just wondering, considering that you can't conquer or destroy enemy players, so they haven't really explained the goal of the game.

To refine your question, do you mean the MMORTS gameplay?

Also, I don't think there are any winning/reset conditions, and I think it can get pretty boring if the only goal is to "be the best" when you can eventually have all the upgrades. You'll just be fighting against the best players with nothing to gain or loose besides troops or potentially soloing PvE cities. That can only take you so far.

I really can't wait for the guild mechanics to be revealed. I want to see more objectives and features that only guilds or groups can bring about.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Also, I don't think there are any winning/reset conditions, and I think it can get pretty boring if the only goal is to "be the best" when you can eventually have all the upgrades. You'll just be fighting against the best players with nothing to gain or loose besides troops or potentially soloing PvE cities. That can only take you so far.

Well, that's the thing. Fighting against the best can be fun at times, IF there's something to gain from all of it. like you said, if there's nothing to gain from it, it gets boring easier than, lets say, being able to either conquer or destroy your enemy (which works against you the same way).

I really can't wait for the guild mechanics to be revealed. I want to see more objectives and features that only guilds or groups can bring about.

We all want to see guild mechanics of DoF. Especially since guild wars seem to be the only real goal in DoF, to destroy your rivals and be top dog.

Ewing
05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
im still so confused so let me get my version out there. so i go to attack a player a screen pops up with him offering a bribe i can choose to eather take his bribe and go home or i can say no way and just attack him now if its like that then thats fine now. i go to attack a player a screen pops up saying u have been bribed and i automaticly cant attack i just gota leave. now that will really really suck

GPS51
05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Well if you take the payoff you can't attack him...What's so complicated about that? I imagine you won't "have" to take the payoff. Then you're free to attack. But taking the payoff and attacking anyway will simply earn you enemies. Why bother?

Ewing
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
thats not what i was asking lol and i said nothing about taking the bribe and then attacking -_- i was simply asking what i asked :D i wish a moderation would answer my question >_<

GPS51
05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Lol yeah I look forward to a qualification from a devs. Devs are just hard to pin down on info. We can but hope.

Ewing
05-26-2010, 01:49 PM
what im trying to figur out here is will 1. a player be able to chose to take a bribe or not or 2. when a player is bribed he canot attack his enemy meaning if the oponent chooses to bribe you u have no chois but to take his bribe and come back later to try and get him to fight u again :D

GPS51
05-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Right I figured that out on my 4th try at reading your post. I'm a bit dense today...too much coffee.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
he means to say if i where to initaite an attck can the deffender say take this bribe however if said attacker says stuff it canthe attacker still attk or will he be a sad panda who cant attk and then gets no bribe ontop of it Z_z or another way to look at it is in order to not go into battle with a playeris it req that the playerdefenderinthis case HAS TOpay a bribe to stop it

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Dunno if you have to take the bribe perse, but sure a hell hope not. might as well decline the bribe, fight and win, gaining even more resources than he offered

Ewing
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
haha its ok after looking at that post i dont even know if i understand what im trying to say XD i just really want to know that but when u think about it why in the world would they make it where u cant willfully attack a oponent that woudl just ruin the game experince i mean i understand the big stronghold not being able to raid a starter farmhouse but to have someone shutting me down with a bribe. it would mean my poor orc hords just walked all that way for nothing :( then i go back to hit same guy again get bribed again cant fight him and my orcs my poor orcs they will eventualy forget how to fight

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
problemis the defender gets to decide if he will let you attk him ornot currently so youd have the bribe forced down your mouth hole and hed be like RaWr

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Well luckly nothing is set in stone Ewin so itmay be subject to change

blackfang
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
problemis the defender gets to decide if he will let you attk him ornot currently so youd have the bribe forced down your mouth hole and hed be like RaWr

At least you got some money for the next campaign against that person:rolleyes:

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
At least you got some money for the next campaign against that person:rolleyes:

But you go up inlvl thus uable to attk them again futher more by the time they catch up to you youve most likelylostyour racial advantage IE orcs who are good early game mostlikely wont be as good late game then we get the slap of death z_Z

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Thats....lame. :eek:
Always figured you could still turn down the bribe, or at least raise it to your taste. I mean, you might as well not build an army and keep buying people off if they can't decide weither to take it or not.

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
You can immediately attack another player, and the window where he can be attacked/offer a bribe should be fairly short, at most you lose a few minutes (Which you can spend doing other things anyway). And you get essentially free resources.

Another thing I keep telling people, you're going to have more than enough resources to field several max battalion-cap armies as the game is right now, I doubt people are going to avoid fighting as if it's the plague. You only have to repair your buildings and start raising another army while bringing one of your spare armies back to your city, it's not the end of the world. You don't get set back all that much.

If for some bizarre reason nobody is willing to fight we'll just keep increasing the price for it/make it so you can only bribe so many times in a certain period or something along those lines. We're not going to just let the game devolve into Sim City. I'm pretty confident you're all worrying over nothing however, I find it hard to believe that many people are going to actively avoid fighting, especially in defense of all things where they have a pretty decent advantage.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Well likei said im hopeful this beta will change somethingsaround i consider mmorts Mode for the big boysandfor it tobe ruthless i likethe option to bribe though allthough sure MAYBE you can take more res but will it = the amountof res youve lost is another way to lookat it lol

Ewing
05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
yea if the defender gets to decide weather u attack or not bye just going o im under attack hmmm bribe now get along and go back home. if thats true i might as well just make my orc horde a bunch of bankers or something :( or orcish gold farmers

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:06 PM
LoL @ the orcish Gold farmers comment xD

Ewing
05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
o a admin thanks for clearing things up josh u da man!!!! my orcs we acually be able to sleep at night they didnt like the gold farmer idea :D

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Another thing I keep telling people, you're going to have more than enough resources to field several max battalion-cap armies as the game is right now, I doubt people are going to avoid fighting as if it's the plague. You only have to repair your buildings and start raising another army while bringing one of your spare armies back to your city, it's not the end of the world. You don't get set back all that much.

No offense, but this part kinda bugs me. I mean, it is in fact a good system, but if it is really that easy to rebuild after a lost siege, kind of takes the fun out of it for some people. I would like it that there would at least be some setback, like downgraded buildings or something, simply because if is really is that easy to rebuild from it, i think people wouldn't take defending seriously. And why should they, if losing doesn't have any negative effect whatsoever except for building dmg, some lost resources and retraining an army.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Well lategame thats ez as 123 however if you burn a city to the ground thats like hitting the restart button ona city which is why i think players will avoid attacks early game

Negthareas
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
No offense, but this part kinda bugs me. I mean, it is in fact a good system, but if it is really that easy to rebuild after a lost siege, kind of takes the fun out of it for some people. I would like it that there would at least be some setback, like downgraded buildings or something, simply because if is really is that easy to rebuild from it, i think people wouldn't take defending seriously. And why should they, if losing doesn't have any negative effect whatsoever except for building dmg, some lost resources and retraining an army.

Well, if I remember right, buildings would be destroyed to their foundations, being able to be rebuilt, but it would still take some time [this is MMORTS mode, after all].

Then again, I might be remembering wrong. Maybe there is only slight reprecussions [I do agree with Yami on this though, it should be a significant setback, but not one you would lose sleep over. So not, THAT significant].

I know, I know... probably not very realistic.

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Well, yes at least some significant reprecussions. I mean, you just lost a siege of your home town, not a bet with your friend which results having to run around your house naked. :p

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Well, if I remember right, buildings would be destroyed to their foundations, being able to be rebuilt, but it would still take some time [this is MMORTS mode, after all].

Then again, I might be remembering wrong. Maybe there is only slight reprecussions [I do agree with Yami on this though, it should be a significant setback, but not one you would lose sleep over. So not, THAT significant].

I know, I know... probably not very realistic.

Buildings are reduced to 0 and become inoperable until repaired, and repairing as is takes quite some time. It's still expensive to lose, but it's not game over either, I don't know what the rest of the team thinks of the standard MMORTS browser game gimmick of every building just having levels and them making it more effective/trains units faster. Personally I think it's a fairly good system, and the idea of losing the(some) level(s) when a building is reduced to 0 is interesting and something to look into.

Retraining an army will be fairly expensive and take some time, replacing veteran units will be especially difficult, the point is an advanced player should have SEVERAL capable armies, rather than putting all his effort into a single army and every fight risking putting him back into the stone age as far as veterancy is considered. Again - the idea here is loss is there, but it won't end the game either. You'll be able to continue fighting as long as you don't lose over and over and fail to retreat.

Negthareas
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Buildings are reduced to 0(1?) and become inoperable until repaired, and repairing as is takes quite some time. It's still expensive to lose, but it's not game over either.

Thank you Josh for supporting my memory.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Well were talkin about MMORTS which takes awhileand last for awhile id kinda assumed once you get rolled its get up and start the slow climb again like i said though my idea of mmorts is like alotaprogress monthsmaybe eveniveplayed games where you did the slow brutal climb and i usualy like thosetypes cause i feel like ive earned however something new neverhurts i suppose and nothings permenant now so we should just wait till beta

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Buildings are reduced to 0(1?) and become inoperable until repaired, and repairing as is takes quite some time. It's still expensive to lose, but it's not game over either.

AAAAAAAH ok, its just with your earlier post, you really made is sound so easy and unsignificant. :o

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
AAAAAAAH ok, its just with your earlier post, you really made is sound so easy and unsignificant. :o

Loss still sucks, always will, I just want to make sure people understand it's not the end of the world either, this is the sort of game people will be spending a lot of time in, not a standard RTS where you just start up the next game and it's all okay. I don't want people to get the impression that this is basically Hardcore Mode diablo and when you lose it's game over lol.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
well can you explain that a bit more im use to it where youcap there city/burn it to the grnd and they have t restart from the beggining will it be like thator will it be a slap on the wirst and 2 days later there theyare again good 2 go?

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
What options do you have when winning a siege?

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
well after you win i imagine its take there res or urn there **** down tothe ground and get no res or only some

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
was more thinking or massacreing the populace or selling them in slavery. :D

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 02:36 PM
well can you explain that a bit more im use to it where youcap there city/burn it to the grnd and they have t restart from the beggining will it be like thator will it be a slap on the wirst and 2 days later there theyare again good 2 go?

You do not capture other player's cities, you sack it, damaging and stealing their resources. Winning a siege will also be a major source of Influence most likely (Used for tech/unlocking units/buying extra content). Buildings are inoperable until repaired which means your city doesn't really function for a while, how long exactly is still subject to change. This isn't like most browser games where you have a ton of cities and losing one doesn't really have long term consequences, if each time you lost a battle in our game you had to restart nobody would even make it 1/10th of the way up the tech tree.

As for options after capturing a city, hasn't come up. Perhaps we could have various options ranging from increased damage to the player's city (Negative health on buildings requiring more to repair possibly) but less influence, stealing as many resources as possible without dealing much damage/reduced influence or leaving the city mostly intact/leaving their resources but gaining maximum influence. Of course there would be cool names for this, Burn it to the ground, Pillage, as for the influence one no idea on a name.

But you get the idea, and these sorts of things are pretty easy to add.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Well Josh we leave all desicions to you and the devs yall have done a good job so far we will just have to wait till beta comes out there are lots of possiable scenerios that i canthinkof that i may suggest at a later date However id like to test out everything and get a feel for it instead of shooting out ideas that pop into my head at random

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Well Josh we leave all desicions to you and the devs yall have done a good job so far we will just have to wait till beta comes out there are lots of possiable scenerios that i canthinkof that i may suggest at a later date However id like to test out everything and get a feel for it instead of shooting out ideas that pop into my head at random

I enjoy discussing the game and all that it entails with everyone here, just try not to be fatalist about it, focus on what to change/add to an existing gameplay element rather than trying to get it outright removed and I'm happy to discuss the merits of each suggestion. Once beta actually begins I look forward to more openly being able to discuss such suggestions.

GPS51
05-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Man don't we all anticipate the beta so we can "semi" intelligently discuss these features that have only been vaguely covered or hinted at.

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
uhg and we still have like 3 beta stages after the 1st befor we can all get intoit Q_Q

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
uhg and we still have like 3 beta stages after the 1st befor we can all get intoit Q_Q

except for CB testers, like me :)

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
i ever tell you how much i hate you yagi so very very much so very much i may have to kill you in game fear mefor im jealous Rawr x_X

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
But im one of your allies :eek:.
Great way of creating creditability by killing off your allies :rolleyes:.

blackfang
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
But im one of your allies :eek:.
Great way of creating creditability by killing off your allies :rolleyes:.

I wouldn't mind either, if thats how to prove yourselves. (I got cb too:D)

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
which stage?

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes we may be allies but i am only human therefor you must die Buwhahahahahahahahahaaha Right till i get my CB or am in open thenwe arebudsbut until then :mad: xD

nickson104
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Im in CB too, I think... No idea which stage... Cant even remember :) I do remember it was for placing in the 'Create a race' competition...

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
its like the worlds inn Cb andim the fuglynon cb child no one wants :eek:

nickson104
05-26-2010, 04:51 PM
its like the worlds inn Cb andim the fuglynon cb child no one wants :eek:

The ugly duckling :) :p

Nah its just that many of us have been round a while and you are relatively new to the forums... We had more chance :p I cant remember if you joined before all the contests for keys or not :/

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Na ive knownabout this game for a year or so but never thought of lookin on the forums

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Kinda found out about december 2009, only reason i have a beta key is because i kept whining about it on facebook. They were'n't to happy about it. :p

LoveToKill
05-26-2010, 05:15 PM
LoL well devs look out for your mailboxes here comes the spam but tis okay Since i can wait for awhile anyway

wills370
05-27-2010, 01:37 AM
I think the game stands a good chance. There will be enough players wanting to match there skills to others and i can only see new players not wanting to fight striaght away. That been said you should always try to avoid a fight if you know your going to lose. So its all situational.

LoveToKill
05-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Onlyway to know if your going to lose is to scout

Yami-Yagari
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Battles aren't set in stone. Lots can happen during fights, for better or for worse.