PDA

View Full Version : Love for Google?

nickson104
05-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Okay, I personally love keeping tabs on what their going to make, and they really made me happy this weekend :) PAC MAN :) Needless to say, a few rounds afterwards I finally remembered that I wanted to go on facebook ages ago... lol :)

Love for Google :)

zach12wqasxz
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Okay, I personally love keeping tabs on what their going to make, and they really made me happy this weekend :) PAC MAN :) Needless to say, a few rounds afterwards I finally remembered that I wanted to go on facebook ages ago... lol :)

Love for Google :)

i dont know where id be in life without google..

GPS51
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
In a MS box...scary ain't it.

Yami-Yagari
05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah, google's a symbioth. Even if you don't want it, its there...waiting..:eek:

Puppeteer
05-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Love it :)

szebus
05-23-2010, 02:04 AM
It was really annoying to search and find something before google, still that time I used to use Altavista and Yahoo. :p

nickson104
05-23-2010, 03:36 AM
It was really annoying to search and find something before google, still that time I used to use Altavista and Yahoo. :p

I cant even remember life before google :p
I have been with it since its early days, not long after it started... I cant even remember using other search engines, although Im going to assume I used Yahoo

blackfang
05-23-2010, 05:04 AM
I cant even remember life before google :p
I have been with it since its early days, not long after it started... I cant even remember using other search engines, although Im going to assume I used Yahoo

Haha, i am the same:p Ahh google, what would the world do without you?

LiTos456
05-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Without google, the world would be jumping with joy.
a) Google has ALL your information. All your search records, everything. It knows you, it knows where you went, it knows why you went there. Privacy - none, with google.

b) Google bought youtube - and made it worse. Look at it now. Copyrighted videos get instantly deleted, people get banned, and the stupid look of the new video page (or any page they change for that matter) is stupid. And it's all thanks to google.

Check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfV6RzE30) interesting video for some interesting information.

szebus
05-23-2010, 11:08 AM
By the way... there are two Eric Schmidt @ Google. One is the Eric Schmidt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_E._Schmidt) the CEO of Google and the other is Erich Schmidt (http://www.sighet-online.ro/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7582:erich-schmidt-sigheteanul-de-la-google&catid=44:comunitate&Itemid=63) something like the right hand of the Boss of the company. The last Schmidt is orginated from Transilvania and was borne in the same town as I.

Yami-Yagari
05-23-2010, 11:52 AM
So you live in the town where the unimportant Erich Schmidt originated from? Nice!:D

Negthareas
05-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Google is great because you can find stuff that would otherwise take weeks to find, but, it also gives you so many possiblilites sometimes that it takes a while to find what you need. It would be nice if it were a bit more specific on its searches. Still... overall good. Though I agree with Litos on some points.

nickson104
05-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Dude, we are living in a day where privacy is diminishing, get used to it :) CCTV watches our movements, the government knows all your details, the authorities know all about your vehicles and such, all your details are everywhere.

Also, Google may store all the searches, yes it invades privacy a bit but it helps in providing quicker and easier searching, improving popular searches and moving popular sites up the lists...

Also youtube was always like that, you just didnt notice it, I noticed it as a lot of music I liked was removed, but worse was the blocking of me from so much stuff because it wasnt available in the UK... I laughed so much when I heard that really suddenlt the US was finally suffering the same for many vids that were not theirs, a taste of their own medicine if you will...
But yes I dont like the new layout of youtube, especially on the comments and such

szebus
05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
So you live in the town where the unimportant Erich Schmidt originated from? Nice!:D

=)) Yes, something like that. I was born in the same town as the "unimportant" Schmidt who is a quiet important men @ Google. :p

LiTos456
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
How is it that there are 2 people with the same name working in the same company with the same level of authority?
Maybe they cloned each other :p

Michael Mullens
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Google has become a pretty essential tool involved in leisure and professional time. Yahoo claims it's worth 1 Billion, I would say Google is worth 7-8 times that (Personally) on Yahoo's magical scale of worth.

zach12wqasxz
05-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Google has become a pretty essential tool involved in leisure and professional time. Yahoo claims it's worth 1 Billion, I would say Google is worth 7-8 times that (Personally) on Yahoo's magical scale of worth.

im pretty sure google is worth more than walmart, and walmart gets like 350billion a year in sales, not sure though, ill go google it real quick :D

http://johnquiggin.com/archives/001665.html
thats an article estimating googles worth and annual revenue/profit
hope that helps

Josh Warner
05-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Without google, the world would be jumping with joy.
a) Google has ALL your information. All your search records, everything. It knows you, it knows where you went, it knows why you went there. Privacy - none, with google.

b) Google bought youtube - and made it worse. Look at it now. Copyrighted videos get instantly deleted, people get banned, and the stupid look of the new video page (or any page they change for that matter) is stupid. And it's all thanks to google.

Check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfV6RzE30) interesting video for some interesting information.

What has google done specifically that is "evil", they never actually sell this information about you as individual. Perhaps they plan to, perhaps we should start arresting people for thought crime as well? They've done nothing wrong, just because they have the power to doesn't mean they should be considered evil. It means they should be closely monitored and held to higher standards.

The key point here is they don't sell this information to people they "sell" it to algorithms. Nobody actually will ever SEE this private data, google doesn't have teams of people looking for the worst stuff and blackmailing people, only the algorithms ever accesses their database, and even then it's just to target ads that might actually interest you. What's so bad about that? Google offers me fantastic stuff and all it costs me is ads that are targeted towards a profile based upon things I've looked for/done, rather than having to pay for it.

And really, "Having a hand in everything" as long as they monopolize nothing isn't bad, you do realize every single company in the world would have a hand in everything if they were capable of profiting from it, they simply aren't that capable, the people over at google are, this doesn't make them bad.

nickson104
05-26-2010, 09:36 AM
And really, "Having a hand in everything" as long as they monopolize nothing isn't bad, you do realize every single company in the world would have a hand in everything if they were capable of profiting from it, they simply aren't that capable, the people over at google are, this doesn't make them bad.

I dont think Google could monopolize anything to be honest... If anything it would be the search engine market, and we know they haven't managed that... Yahoo still claims to be worth a lot, Bing has arrived and has taken a surprising number of users, there are many other used ones too and many not so used ones :)
I recommend Dogpile :) I dont use it often, but it is a good one, meta-search engine :)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I like to Google Elgoog and get the reverse search engine (oodles of fun). But, yes, I love Google.

nickson104
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I like to Google Elgoog and get the reverse search engine (oodles of fun). But, yes, I love Google.

That sounds awesome! Shall have to try it!

Everyone know the chuck norris search? Type in find chuck norris, and then click im feeling lucky :) :p

DarkMaster
05-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Geez, what would life be without google? Does anyone even use another search engine anymore? Besides, the name google is catchy:p

Oh and yes the "find chuck norris" search Hilarious:D

massiss
01-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Best website ever!

Lungis
01-23-2011, 06:44 AM
What about altavista? ;)

numbawang
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
you should check out "utau google it" on youtube