PDA

View Full Version : game looks great

Ewing
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
this game shows alot of promis i hope u guys do everything u can to market the game and get a nice community im looking forward to playing this game !! i also have alot of questions about the game but i dont know where to start one of my main questions is will this game be charging a monthly fee?

Alex Walz
05-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forums. We'll do a lot of marketing this summer, but word of mouth is very valuable to us - so tell all your friends. :)

You may be happy to hear that we will not be doing any monthly fees. However, there may be some additional downloadable content like new quests and other small bonuses that you can purchase either with actual money or achievement points gained in-game. These additions will be completely optional and we'll still be supporting the one-time payers with the regular patches and some content additions free of charge. We'll probably do a couple community events with game cash/achievement points as prizes as well, so if you want all the new content, you will have ways to get it regardless of your financial situation.

LoveToKill
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree i actully am holding a great deal of exspectation for this game i have a few concerns such as buildtime speed things of this nature on a basic lvl whichwill mostlikey change but for now honestly its my only main concern with the exception of mmo mode

Ewing
05-23-2010, 12:15 AM
i have played many rts and i have been waiting for a inovative rts like this one this seems like everything i have been wanting mmo rts just great i have allready told many of my friends about this game i hope it is a gripping game that just makes u want to play more so i wish u guys the best of luck i hope when game releases many people know about it and buy the game and stay playing for a nice big rts community that just keeps growing :)

Yami-Yagari
05-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah, buildtime had me worried a lot. If building timers take over like 1 hour to construct, it will affect the game seriously.
Iīm also wondering about army movement. How long does it normally take to move from A to B, and can you alter your course during movement, like say that your homeland is on the verge of being attacked, and you sent out your army, can you still recall them without any big time increasement?

Ewing
05-23-2010, 02:00 AM
in mmo mode is ther a pvp server and a seprate pve server or are they intermingled?. like can i do pve quests and challange another player in the same game mode? would really like to know this thanks :)

nickson104
05-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Yeah, buildtime had me worried a lot. If building timers take over like 1 hour to construct, it will affect the game seriously.
Iīm also wondering about army movement. How long does it normally take to move from A to B, and can you alter your course during movement, like say that your homeland is on the verge of being attacked, and you sent out your army, can you still recall them without any big time increasement?

In MMO mode things happen slowly, most constructions WILL take over an hour, but that doesnt mean theres nothing to do.... Why not train some units? Take some cattle to market? Raid a goblin camp? Do one of the many quests? The possibilities are endless! (Damn I sound like I'm advertising :D)

You will see your armies on the world map, and since they move in real time I am assuming that you can halt their progress any time and can change their direction

Yami-Yagari
05-23-2010, 06:06 AM
in mmo mode is ther a pvp server and a seprate pve server or are they intermingled?. like can i do pve quests and challange another player in the same game mode? would really like to know this thanks :)

Well, pvp is a part of the game, so there will probly not be pve and pvp servers, just regular servers. There wouldn't be much reason to save up resources for armies if there were pve servers except for occasional quests.

Ewing
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
will each race get multiple naval units and how will naval battle take place or be incorperated into the game. like will i be able to bombard my enemys fortress from off shore while attacking him with my land army ?

Ewing
05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
im shur there will be wepons and armor upgrades and things of that nature but will it acually show on the unit for example my infantry swordsman has leather armor i upgrade it to steel armor will the unit then change apearance and have steel armor? sorry if the question seems like common sence i just want to know :D

Negthareas
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes, units appearances upgrade with their upgrades. At this point, the Devs have been very mysterious about naval warfare, so I can't tell you much about that.

Actually, in a recent fantasy Friday, we also learned that you can train units so that they gain experience [whichc you can use to give them upgrades, etc.]

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416

Anyways, nice to see you on the forums!

Michael Mullens
05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I will give some insider on the Naval combat. I really enjoy the [Mystery] aspect and how [Suspense]. It really alters the [Insert word here].
:D
All in due time.

Ewing
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
how much will DOF be on release ??? some people cant aford games or some peopel think some are to expencive so they never buy or even hear about the game. i just want to give some feedback i have seen free to play games do well u can play for free or buy sertin things boht the players can = earn what they need reguardless weather they pay or play for free the ones that pay just get stuff faster :D. on the other hand i have seen pay to play games do just as well i guess it all depends. Reverie i just hope u have learned from past games succeeding and failing to produce a great game. and i also hope u do everything u can to get the game into the players hands :) u have alot of competition so i wish u guys the best of luck make us proud :D

GPS51
05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
We believe 50 US dollars...but that info has not been confirmed.

Negthareas
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
That is a good price I think [in my mind a very good price knowing this game - but don't tell the marketing team that! ;) ] It is high enough for initial buyers, low enough for hesitant ones. With time [a few months - a year] even the really hesitant ones will buy it as its price goes down.

GPS51
05-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Right. I personally think 35-45 is a better price range...but so many games are so expensive now for very little product...It's a sad state of gaming.

Ewing
05-25-2010, 03:03 AM
when u raid someone elses castle or town will u be able to take it over and will we be able to build multiple strongholds?

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 04:55 AM
you canīt take over other peopleīs castles. If you attack an enemy stronghold, and he loses, he loses considerable amount of resources and his army .

blackfang
05-25-2010, 06:04 AM
This game is meant to improve your game experience at the cost of others:D Which is perfectly fine by me:rolleyes:

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 07:24 AM
I admit, i would have liked it a lot better if you were able to destroy your enemies by taking over there strongholds. Unfortunately i don't think most people would agree :rolleyes:

Ewing
05-25-2010, 08:56 AM
well see thats why i also asked if we were able to make multiple forts if we could make multiple forts then we could take over a enemy fort as long as it wasent there main fortress so if a player has just his oroginal fort u cant take it but if u r attacking his second fortress u can take it over would be nice hu ? :D

blackfang
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
well see thats why i also asked if we were able to make multiple forts if we could make multiple forts then we could take over a enemy fort as long as it wasent there main fortress so if a player has just his oroginal fort u cant take it but if u r attacking his second fortress u can take it over would be nice hu ? :D

It would work for me, its not like any complaints would get past my spam filter anyways:)

Ewing
05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
ahhh just imagin orcs with a human fortress :D

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
That would be overpowered :eek:.

blackfang
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
That would be overpowered :eek:.

Not just overpowered;) GODLIKE:D

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
except for humans. I mean if humans conquered a orc stronghold, and keep it, that would be so fail.

blackfang
05-25-2010, 11:57 PM
except for humans. I mean if humans conquered a orc stronghold, and keep it, that would be so fail.

not if they upgraded the walls and the keep itself:D

Yami-Yagari
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
not if they upgraded the walls and the keep itself:D

That depends IF you can upgrade it, else you'll be stuck with a wooden fortress far weaker than your regular stone ones.

blackfang
05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
That depends IF you can upgrade it, else you'll be stuck with a wooden fortress far weaker than your regular stone ones.

If that was so then you should also have a normal spawn of soldiers and that kind:rolleyes: Just to even it out:D

wills370
05-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Hmm sounds intresting. Es[ecially the naxel asepct going back a few points however on the balance of paymnet. where you can get just as far without paying as you can paying for the extras sounds great. Will be the first of its kind in many respects as many other games limit you depending on how much you spend. Battleforge,tribalwars and DDO being examples to name but a few