PDA

View Full Version : Share your Manga!

Aelfwine
05-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Well, since blackfang and Lovetokill pretty much took over my introduction post with a manga discussion... I figured it'd be best to move it over here, since we kinda got to like 10+ posts ^^.

Anyways to start things off... I'm gonna recommend Eyeshield 21 as a good completed series... about a boy playing football. He's basically a midget compared to the other players but he's ridiculously fast... and everyone else has crazy football move-powers. Its wacky but still nice to read.

And as an ongoing one Shin Prince of Tennis , its a sequel to the Prince of Tennis series... doesnt quite have all the substance of the first series... but im hoping thats a "yet" and it delivers... >_>... OR ILL KILL YOU ALL... with butter.

Anyways... Opinions might differ so critique with respect and try not to flame... we might not have enough marshmallows...

Yami-Yagari
05-19-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm not really that into sports manga myself. Also not that big of a manga reader, more into anime.

However i do read some good use, more a less the standard manga's people read, like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and Full Metal Alchemist.

However there is one i should recommend to people. Black God is a really good manga, about a dude who gets into a contract with a spirit. Worth a peek, i think.

Kire
05-19-2010, 03:02 AM
I dont like manga or anima actually =P, but only this manga (supposed to be some sort =P) caught my attention and was very good - Inverloch (its web fantasy comic).

Aelfwine
05-19-2010, 04:18 AM
:D great idea Kire... probably should have included comics + webcomics. I enjoyed reading Inverloch, have you by any chance read The Phoenix Requiem, it also has a really good storyline.

^_^ ANd Yami, I also read those mainstream ones.

Yami-Yagari
05-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Well, if were going to include webcomics, here's a few who are really good:

LFG Comic, Drowtales, 2Kinds, The Meek, The Noob Comic, Dark Legacy Comics and some more i can't remember the name from.

Kire
05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
have you by any chance read The Phoenix Requiem, it also has a really good storyline.

Well i do read it but its not anything special for me. Only char. i like is Petria and that ex soldier, main char. looks just silly =P. And it started good but now it isnt enough action, just crying =) - "buh buh shadows, we are doomed"; "buh buh i miss him" .....

blackfang
05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Well i gotta read it anyways, i read almost all of those yesterday and today:D Still got drowtales the phoenix requiem and dark legacy thingie, i really don't have a life. Only positive thing about that is that i cannot be killed:D Thy cannot kill what already has no life. Like the saying goes:rolleyes: Also i can't seem to think of anything you have not already read, tough i do recommend LFG comic:D Its so awesome with Richard:rolleyes:

Aametherar
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't read it but the text colors in this thread sure wreaked havoc on my eyes.

LoveToKill
05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Glad i could help assist jack your orig post xD

zach12wqasxz
05-19-2010, 11:20 PM
i like the anime/manga Naruto, great ninja show, been following it for years, awesome show

LoveToKill
05-20-2010, 01:24 AM
i like the anime/manga Naruto, great ninja show, been following it for years, awesome show

ill be honest at somepoints it dissappoints me naruto however its the little things the author does that still catches me off guard that makes me watch it

blackfang
05-20-2010, 05:26 AM
ill be honest at somepoints it dissappoints me naruto however its the little things the author does that still catches me off guard that makes me watch it

I like the first episodes, all the way up to the point where Naruto and Sazuke or whatever he is called fights. After their fight it was disappointment after disappointment so i quit watching it at episode 120 or something. Also i got a manga (book) of every episode until the tournament where Naruto and that guy that can see weakpoints fight.

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 05:56 AM
I like the first episodes, all the way up to the point where Naruto and Sazuke or whatever he is called fights. After their fight it was disappointment after disappointment so i quit watching it at episode 120 or something.

well yeah, considering that after the battle in the Valley of the End its basicly fillers till naruto shippuuden.
Although some part of shippuuden really **** me off, especially the animation. Because the normal animation at some parts is just below average, while at some battle scenes, the animation just kicks ass. It's really hard to stick with one way of animating for the japanese apparently.

Mikey
05-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Animes, k-on, clannad, Hellsign, Trigun

manga's Hana to Akuma,Yotsuba&!, Beelzebub

blackfang
05-20-2010, 10:13 AM
That reminds me, akumetsu is awesome. So is drifters and well most of the romance of the three kingdoms mangas. I love every manga thats historical, and i also love every manga that could be historical. Anime: Legends of the galactic heroes (terrible graphics but what can you say its old. Also it got over 100 episodes:D ) Code geass (The currently most awesome anime out there). The tower of druaga or whatever its called. Infinite ryvious (or whatever it was called. An anime about a lot of young recruits left to die by earth after some evil guys try to take over their station which seems to be a huge spaceship) Starship operators (about a group of people that buys a highly advanced spaceship to fight of evil powers which is another empire). Vandread (one of the most awesome anime's out there, just watch it. I won't give you that much to go on however it will have the MOST AWESOME space battles ever!:D :D :D I promise you won't be disappointed if you bother watching it.) Requiem for a phantom (the last one i will recommend it involves assassins, guns, blood and massive massacres. Lots of love and some betrayal:rolleyes: )

Mikey
05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
That reminds me, akumetsu is awesome. So is drifters and well most of the romance of the three kingdoms mangas. I love every manga thats historical, and i also love every manga that could be historical.:rolleyes: )

Try reading Ares theres quite a few of them close to 200 its about a Rome type univerce

otomotopia
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Try reading Ares theres quite a few of them close to 200 its about a Rome type univerce

That disappoints me, as Ares is a Greek god, not Roman.

blackfang
05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
already done:) i got it as favorite so when there are new ones i read em:p

blackfang
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
More enjoyable mangas, cesare, Cestvs with something attached i don't remember what. Historie, vinland saga and then i am not sure. Too many:p