PDA

View Full Version : Beta Keys?

Aelfwine
05-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Well... will there be any more chances of netting a beta key in the near future?

LoveToKill
05-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Honestly unless some ppl just dont show prob not for beta 01 but maye stage 2 but even then only 50 more i wouldnt say yes in the near future but i say it so you dont exspect something you and i may never have.

Darvin
05-16-2010, 11:56 PM
There will be chances to get beta keys in the future, but to my understanding phase 1 and 2 are full so you'll have to wait for a later phase.

Towards the end of the beta, there's going to be a server stress test, so you can expect keys will become relatively easy to come by at that time.

LoveToKill
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
There will be chances to get beta keys in the future, but to my understanding phase 1 and 2 are full so you'll have to wait for a later phase.

Towards the end of the beta, there's going to be a server stress test, so you can expect keys will become relatively easy to come by at that time.

The more you say things like that the more my soul dies you know :x

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 01:06 AM
darn... i knew i should have payed more attention to this game when i first heard about its development last year...

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 01:41 AM
darn... i knew i should have payed more attention to this game when i first heard about its development last year...

I feel for you. :(

LoveToKill
05-17-2010, 02:20 AM
We should ban together andform the anti Closed beta alliance :D
Just kiddin its okay man the game onlygets better from here and theres only more content

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 03:34 AM
...true but still, playing during the beta periods is like wine tasting for me... its that awesome, and i tend to enjoy the gameplay before its released and you get overwelmed by "the mob".

plus its fun playing with bugs

And unlike any other forum troller out there.... I do like making extensive game guides.... with pictures <_< and charts... and cookies, that I eat.

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Look on the bright side. CBT will take like a month, and after that theres Open Beta.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 03:47 AM
yeeesss but... >_> still... its more fun if youd had a chance to squish the grapes for the wine.... if you catch my drift.

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 04:04 AM
yeeesss but... >_> still... its more fun if youd had a chance to squish the grapes for the wine.... if you catch my drift.

Well yes, having first glimps on one of the first, and maybe best MMORTS to date, is pretty awesome. Plus CBTers will have the advantage later on when its released, seeing as they played it pretty much before the actual release, so it will be far easier to set up shop.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 04:13 AM
...yes and the fact that you can plow the snow for people and say like, "HAH ive been doing that before you have" ... and be able to unabashly correct someone.
Plus beta is fun since you can screw around and people wont tell you its wrong or call you a newb...

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 04:25 AM
...yes and the fact that you can plow the snow for people and say like, "HAH ive been doing that before you have" ... and be able to unabashly correct someone.
Plus beta is fun since you can screw around and people wont tell you its wrong or call you a newb...

You really have to be a big **** if you're going to correct people and stuff just so you feel better about yourself and your unsuccesfull social life besides online games and facebook/twitter friends you never met.

We in the Netherlands call that a "Koos Vriendloos".

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 04:33 AM
You really have to be a big **** if you're going to correct people and stuff just so you feel better about yourself

Ahhh I'm sorry, I mistyped my meaning. I meant to say "correct them" as in help them out. Really wouldnt be helpful if your helping someone and it turns out that you telling them the wrong things... Like I said I enjoy making game guides and helping people with their gaming.

We in the Netherlands call that a "Koos Vriendloos".
Hmmm my dutch is abit wonky... but its not nice to call names :rolleyes:

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Ahhh I'm sorry, I mistyped my meaning. I meant to say "correct them" as in help them out. Really wouldnt be helpful if your helping someone and it turns out that you telling them the wrong things... Like I said I enjoy making game guides and helping people with their gaming. ^

Ohhh ok. Totally missed the point there. I'm never that good with helping people out, because when you help out a newb, they tend to keep spamming you for help later on, which kind of gets frustrating. You'd think that people could get a clue or at least know the basics of RTS.

Hmmm my dutch is abit wonky... but its not nice to call names :rolleyes:

And its not really calling names really. I'm merely understating the current position of people with the use of terms which tend to rhyme to give it a pleasant ring to it. :p

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 05:38 AM
because when you help out a newb, they tend to keep spamming you for help later on, which kind of gets frustrating. You'd think that people could get a clue or at least know the basics of RTS.

Oh I dont mind that at all actually... I mean the reason I got into online gaming was cause people were friendly enough to tell me how things run... I mean what fun would it be if everyone just played like theyre headless chickens. It'd be funny... but it wont be satisfying. Heck I wouldnt mind loosing to a newb I taught how to play... but then Id have to lay waste to his army afterwards.
As for the spamming... Moderating Forums, chat rooms... and being a GM in small player made games...you tend to build up immunity after awhile. Plus... I'd rather have a newb be friendly to me and not be attack, would be a waste of resources and you can get a minion for you world empire... WHAHAHAHHAH...

DO you know I like cashews?

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Oh I dont mind that at all actually... I mean the reason I got into online gaming was cause people were friendly enough to tell me how things run... I mean what fun would it be if everyone just played like theyre headless chickens. It'd be funny... but it wont be satisfying. Heck I wouldnt mind loosing to a newb I taught how to play... but then Id have to lay waste to his army afterwards.
As for the spamming... Moderating Forums, chat rooms... and being a GM in small player made games...you tend to build up immunity after awhile. Plus... I'd rather have a newb be friendly to me and not be attack, would be a waste of resources and you can get a minion for you world empire... WHAHAHAHHAH...

DO you know I like cashews?

Helping them out is ok, but most people i try to help tend to abuse my services. Always mailing me with questions, presuming i don't mind helping them 24/7, and whining when i don't know or can't find the anwser.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 07:04 AM
xD you gotta learn when to cut the umbilical cord :P
then again... ive never given any of them my email for them to question... of course some ive given separate messenger emails for when I'm in the mood to answer questions... meh... just never had taht problem.

Puppeteer
05-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Aelfwine could you please search for and post in previous threads, rather than starting unnecessary new ones... we've had quite a few on the beta now, and people seem to ignore the bigger threads (eg. the FAQ).

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Im sorry, ive kinda just gotten to reading those and catching up. Your welcome to close this if you like ^^, sorry for the trouble.

Negthareas
05-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Just one question though - The beta testers will have to restart once the game is launched, right? Otherwise, it puts newer players at a huge disadvantage, considering that most of us are experienced RTSers to begin with.

Ndition
05-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Just one question though - The beta testers will have to restart once the game is launched, right? Otherwise, it puts newer players at a huge disadvantage, considering that most of us are experienced RTSers to begin with.

I think it's standard that you wipe the accounts before the release of a mmo.

Kire
05-17-2010, 10:23 AM

As remember they said that they might leave it on endish stage(s). Dont know about disadvantage since you cant attack lower ppl. Only disadvantage i see is experience from playing in beta already.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 06:21 PM
As remember they said that they might leave it on endish stage(s). Dont know about disadvantage since you cant attack lower ppl. Only disadvantage i see is experience from playing in beta already.

hmmm also read it somewhere that they said they might let the people in the final closed beta keep their files into open... but around open they'll have I believe 5 or so server wipes... so meh...
of course it would be neat if like you get some sort of useless but pretty looking eye candy thing for being in the closed/open betas to keep into the final release....