PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG.com for 5th CBT stage?

Raulaun
05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I strongly reccomend that you use MMORPG.com for the 5th stage of beta testing in handing out keys, they make it very easy to acquire. MMORPG.com has a good base of users and most games with giveaways are emptied within 4-20 days. This would also serve as an effective distribution for loyal members of the community.

LiTos456
05-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Do note that this is an MMORTS - not RPG - therefore I'm not sure if MMORPG.com will deal with it.
Unless they just care about the MMO part.

blackfang
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
actually they only seem to care about the mmo part, i mean seriously they got stuff like travian there. and last time i checked it was a strategy game...

Michael Mullens
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Do note that this is an MMORTS - not RPG - therefore I'm not sure if MMORPG.com will deal with it.
Unless they just care about the MMO part.

They just added League of Legends so I think they are starting to switch over more to simply MMO. Because of the LoL addition I would say Dawn of Fantasy has a good chance of being on there.

Yami-Yagari
05-15-2010, 09:59 AM
They just added League of Legends so I think they are starting to switch over more to simply MMO. Because of the LoL addition I would say Dawn of Fantasy has a good chance of being on there.

DoF will most likely be on there, yes. IF people want it badly enough

Swift sword
05-15-2010, 10:22 AM
True, but 5th stage is going to be open anyways. Pretty much anyone can get in.
Could announce it there, though. That might work well to getting new people in the game.

blackfang
05-15-2010, 12:31 PM
True, but 5th stage is going to be open anyways. Pretty much anyone can get in.
Could announce it there, though. That might work well to getting new people in the game.

hey there would be an overload of players if they do it, i mean seriously once when i got a beta key from it i watched the count. Before click 2 k keys after click 400 keys left, it will be too many people:eek: Not that i have a problem with that;)

sneaky_squirrel
05-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I visit that site for general MMO news.

I think it is a little early to be planning 5th stage beta keys at this point though.

Michael Mullens
05-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Although MMORPG.com is a good place to "Be Seen" i'd say take the reviews with a grain of salt. The people there hate every MMO that launches and they spend their entire days trolling every forum on why said MMO is horrible.

Yami-Yagari
05-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Although MMORPG.com is a good place to "Be Seen" i'd say take the reviews with a grain of salt. The people there hate every MMO that launches and they spend their entire days trolling every forum on why said MMO is horrible.

Thats just silly :p

Some suck, some are good, and clearly they can't review for ****.

sneaky_squirrel
05-15-2010, 05:54 PM
It is true though.

But then again all MMOs are boring after 5 minutes so...

Yami-Yagari
05-16-2010, 01:56 AM
It is true though.

But then again all MMOs are boring after 5 minutes so...

The F2P MMOs yes, but the P2P MMOs tend to stick.
Most F2P MMOs lose their fun after i play it a day, but played WoW for 6 years, WH: AoR for at least a month and CoH/V for a long amount also.

blackfang
05-16-2010, 05:27 AM
And thats because you have to pay for it, if you pay a lot to play something you will never just let it stay on the shelf;)

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 02:34 AM
You could always try MMOsite.com ...they usually have things from everywhere on the world related to mmo gaming, it where I heard of this game from a passing post. They have a fairly large population too.

Raulaun
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
You guys should definitely use sites like MMORPG.com for advertising/beta key giveaways.

Kaeleb
06-30-2010, 06:47 AM
i wouldn't be so sure about using mmorpg.com , i would personally prefer going more towards massively.com .
The thing with mmorpg.com is that well .... everyone posts on the forums , and i do mean everyone , like if they tried the game or didn't they still post . and there has been a couple of accidents with mmorpg.com , like with mortal online , the ammount of hate that was spread was just unbearable , it reached a point where people actually started flaming the game before even trying it ( and that was during beta ) because they were expecting a game they could "play for free lolol" and not the fact that is's a beta with bugs that need fixing .

oh and massively.com already has a beta key giveaway system , and has a good reputation , but again it's the Devs choice , but i do remember something in the lines of an interview with massively .

sneaky_squirrel
06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought mortal online ahd a bad reputation due to them releasing the game way too early (I heard it has the condition of an alpha).

And yeah mmorpg.com is the hate mmo site, that why I like it. Instead of just fan boys and advertisements it is a bunch of people flaming and other which actually discuss the mmog mechanics and how it should really be worked.

I am one of those who critiques the way mmorpgs are made these days.

Michael Mullens
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I thought mortal online ahd a bad reputation due to them releasing the game way too early (I heard it has the condition of an alpha).

And yeah mmorpg.com is the hate mmo site, that why I like it. Instead of just fan boys and advertisements it is a bunch of people flaming and other which actually discuss the mmog mechanics and how it should really be worked.

I am one of those who critiques the way mmorpgs are made these days.

Well the problem with critiquing things you don't have an understanding over is the way you look to people who do. There are some intelligent people who offer substantial explanations behind their views on MMORPG.com and people still troll them. Where as you may disagree with this or that in said MMO, You would be one of the millions who argued for a change and then quit the MMO if the change came or not because they simply didn't like the game to begin with.

At the same time there are no MMO's who made changes requested by the player base (Molded to the lower tier of players) that maintained a strong player-base (Except for WoW?). The rule if anything that the last five years of MMO's have taught us is, no other game will be wow, some people are never be happy regardless, and continue to build the project from it's foundation, do not detour it into "wants".

Games are to be unique and thats where the niche' comes in because some people like WoW and some like EQ... If EQ said WoW has more players and then them and everyone else duplicated WoW... they would all fail. Do your own thing, follow your original goals and maintain the players interested in the unique experience you offer. Thats my motto on it.

Edit:
In the end if you want to be a video game reviewer go for it but if you say I dislike this or that, that's an opinion even if shared by a majority of those who experienced it. Many disliked STO due to game mechanics but it still maintains players who enjoy it for whatever it offers them and that's what it's about.

Edit 2:
MO... lol I have owned a copy for about a year now and I can't even launch the game without a memory leak crash. lol... MO....

Kaeleb
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Well MO launched now , and the players seem to be adapting , i m not personaly playing it , i was in the beta though and yes it was in alpha state during OB . But they kept trying to fix the bugs and the memory leaks and the CPU usage going skyhigh , and they did , By Rebuilding Block A with a new engine and basically well ......... the game was being built on a broken Base .
But i mentioned MO as an example cause it Wasn t even released , yet the MMORPG forum users somehow were seeing the future and calling it indie-crap before it was even released .
Other games ? TERA : Typical korean grindy crap - Ryzom : ****ty sandbox cause you can't jump - TSW : Dude why do you even support funcom anymore -AoC : it had a fail launch omg why do you go back - WoW : lololol so many kids play it , it s so easy it s crap ....... And alot more things but for now this is just off the top of my head , that s the basic mmorpg.com commenter stereotype .
i Love DoF as a game and as an idea , and was just hoping it will have a great first step in what regards good publicity , and so far it has since most sites that mention it tag it with something like " the wait for a true persistent MMORTS might be soon over "

Michael Mullens
07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I'll disagree with you on some points. En Masse who has the rights to Tera also has "FREE DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL" over their westernization portion. At it's current stage popular reviews indicate the US and Asian versions are almost different games. So I give them props, Not to mention grinding mobs with a God of war like combat system would be hell of a lot more entertaining than the typical tab-targeting system regardless. I think Aion did flop but due to Tera's different combat mechanics they'll have a chance.

TSW.. it is funcom but the premise is pretty solid and has yet to be done successfully so I hope they succeed for the sake of their bank account.

MO though if you play it or not, it has issues that need to be fixed before it can maintain or even increase it's player base. I personally like games where you level skills as opposed to levels and wish it and darkfall the best.

DoF's shaping up well and the team is very dedicated to it's community and offering the best experience possible. New ideas are being presented almost daily so I expect players to really enjoy what we offer in the final product.

Kaeleb
07-02-2010, 07:19 AM
i'm sorry , but i didn't mean "i personaly" thought that about those games , was just showing you what most of the forum posts on MMORPG.com were about . and yes :
-TERA : i'm hoping for the best with this game and i am planning on getting it as soon as it comes out and also have applied for the next FGT . And yes the combat is not Unique ( Vindictus and Blade & Soul are coming out around the same time ) but i don t think they ll stand a chance against tera mainly because Nexon has already confirmed that vindictus will have an item shop , as for Blade & soul , well NCsoft has a bit of a reputation and i m not just talking about grind , i m talking about Customer support and account security .
-TSW : a new fantasy , horror like MMO would be nice for the market so i wish them good luck with that .
-MO : i can only wish them the best , you can see that they're trying , being "indy" isn t an excuse for having a game full of bugs but it should let the players who do get/play it understand that things will generally take more time to be fixed

Again sorry but when i mentioned those games i didn t give my personal PoV about them . Cause i didn't want you to think that MO was the only game that was being flamed / trashed / "predicted to fail" .

Henry Martin
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I was looking through MMORPG.com and saw that End of Nation is on the site. So, I guess that this site is about MMOs in general more then what type of MMOs. Heres (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/545/feature/4402/page/1) a link.