PDA

View Full Version : Guild wars 2

blackfang
05-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Well some time ago i saw guild wars 2 in development and at that time i was playing guild wars, so i thought i should look deeper. However there was nothing much back then, now however there is a lot about it. They are talking about the possibility for an elementalist and a warrior to combine their attacks and that is something i have never seen before. Think a firewall from an elementalist combined with a whirlwind attack from a warrior, thats like FIRE TORNADO! I can't wait! You gotta check out the videos even though there are not many about stuff there is some about fighting lesser monsters:D

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

So is anyone as thrilled about it as me?;)

Yami-Yagari
05-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Never really been interested in GW, but looks promising enough.

Kire
05-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Indeed it looks much better than normal GW, but i also am not big fan of GW in general =). But it looks quite good that might want to try trial if there will be. Too bad WoW isnt improving that much =).

Yami-Yagari
05-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Indeed it looks much better than normal GW, but i also am not big fan of GW in general =). But it looks quite good that might want to try trial if there will be. Too bad WoW isnt improving that much =).

WoW is dead.

Blizzard is killing their own franchise for the sake of developing new games.
I mean, Arthas is dead, once cataclysm lauches Deadwing will die, and once Sargeras is dead to, There's no evil to fight anymore.

And Thrall got booted, thats a big nono. :mad:

EmpressHebihime
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Guild Wars 2 will make my life more gaming active than any other game probably, the great thing about arena-net is that they don't destroy their games just by making it more friendly to player that wants to lvl and pvp all the time. In otherwords; they do NOT destroy their lore. Anyways if there're anyone out there that is going to look further into when you can play the beta please let me know. (Also there won't be an alpha since arena-net them selves are playing that right now+tweaking it+removing bugs+adding new content k bye.)

blackfang
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Well i have always been a fan of guildwars however this new one looks beyond promising, no more sorry you cant join us because you are too low lvl (there is a sidekick system that lets lower lvl players play together with higher lvl player.) I cant wait! However first things first, DoF:D So guildwars is my secondary objective for now:p

EmpressHebihime
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm getting both. And there's probably gonna be alot of choosing which one to play the most.

nickson104
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Guild Wars has always been great to me, however Anet are slowly killing it, pretty much EVERYTHING has been nerfed.
The one thing Guild Wars really has over games such as WoW is that a player actually has to think ahead to develop a build that will work well. Unlike WoW where you have a massive arsenal of skills from which you can use any at any time

Guild Wars 2 has been put back so many times I have given up holding my breath on it...

SPARROW94
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
gay.gaygaygayagyagaagagaggayagy HOMOZEXUAL

Henry Martin
05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
gay.gaygaygayagyagaagagaggayagy HOMOZEXUAL

Back to the pile!!

alpha30ns
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
lol my cousin is really into guild wars, me not so much, i think to myself yeah i'll play for alittle bit then i get on and im bored after 5 minutes lol

but my friend just told me that his friend ... or his friend's friend? is one of the programmers for guild wars 2, i'll see if its true and if i can get any secret information out of him :P lol

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 03:09 AM
lol my cousin is really into guild wars, me not so much, i think to myself yeah i'll play for alittle bit then i get on and im bored after 5 minutes lol

Thats the effect F2P MMOs have on people. There good/decent, but for some reason can never put that much effort in them.

Josh Warner
05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Constructive and informative as usual, sparrow eh? :rolleyes:

As for guild wars, never been a fan of it. Not really interested in the whole instance thing. For MMORPGs I come from a background of little MUD and a lot of UO. So anything but open world/minimal if any restrictions feels confining and gets old fast for me.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I dunno... instances are usually a hit and miss for me... Hit if your playing with good, nice and informed people, or friends and a swing and a miss if its the headless chicken variety...
THen again I do get more fun out of killing people so PKing or FPS are more my fries and bacon.

blackfang
05-17-2010, 08:29 AM
i love fps, however GW can take a bit of time when i wait for better games:)

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
More of a PVEer then PVPer in MMO's, but that really depends. I do take pleasure in totally annihilating other people, but when it happens to me i tend to lose my cool, resulting in hour long trantrum of shouting, complaining and occasionally throwing stuff :o .

fps kinda the same story.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 08:36 AM
hehehe... my motto when doing the PVP is "Do unto others whats others do unto you" so far its worked with minimal raging and frustrations. PVE usually stays fun for so long... you know my eyes lit up when I first discovered online fps games.... no more "who has the better equipment wins" ... well... kinda... armor and upgrades usually find a way of winding their way up the ass =\.

blackfang
05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Haha my motto is: let it burn! As i am a fire oriented elementalist and she got some incredible dmg. I actually never had any help during any quests since my character was so good. Others get help some times, i just aoe everything with incredible dmg taking them out in meteor rains and letting the ground burn:D

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Have a different approach to it. Mine is "Nuke till they drop. And when they spot you, run for cover behind the next guy" Tends to work flawless in battlegrounds. Although teammates don't think so :rolleyes:

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 08:48 AM
>_> yaaaaa but, well, that thing doesnt flow for me after awhile... carnage must be done! blood spilt! people must cry their outrage at my attrition! and stuffs like that. thats my bread and butter.

blackfang
05-17-2010, 08:58 AM
just incinerate them all, much less of a problem:)