PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft leaked cover art for new AC game, proceeds to take my logo?

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I just wanted to put this out everywhere.
Ubisoft's cover art for their rumored AC Multiplayer game which we thought was called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood due to the recent domain registration, is indeed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
What's funny is that I have a long time fansite about the game, called 1191 A.D. Brotherhood, and it's a fact that they know about us - they asked me to advertise their 2nd social website last year for Assassin's Creed 2 - and it just happens so that the design of the word BrotherhooD on their new game's logo is the same as mine.

It's no biggie, and I don't have the logo officially registered - after all, I do have their symbol behind it.
However I still think this is kind of funny so I wanted to put it out in places, just so that people know the truth! Hahaha.

More information on my blog here (http://blog.litos-hq.com/?p=169).

blackfang
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
you are BEYOND awesome you know that?

Yami-Yagari
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
you are BEYOND awesome you know that?

My thought exactly. :D

Alex Walz
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't see how they copied you. You took their font and red color and capitalized BrotherhooD just like they capitalized Assassin'S.

But nice to see some info on AC3. :) Should be a great game.

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 03:55 PM
It isn't AC3.
Also it isn't their font, it's called Trajan Pro, I don't think it's theirs.
And yes as I said this is no biggie and I was joking about the fact that they copied my logo. It's based on their design yes, so it's like we took the design idea, made something slightly different with it and now they used it. I mean come on, I've ran this website for 3 years. You can't blame me and my members for getting kicks out of it :p

nickson104
05-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't see how they copied you. You took their font and red color and capitalized BrotherhooD just like they capitalized Assassin'S.

But nice to see some info on AC3. :) Should be a great game.

It isn't AC3.
Also it isn't their font, it's called Trajan Pro, I don't think it's theirs.
And yes as I said this is no biggie and I was joking about the fact that they copied my logo. It's based on their design yes, so it's like we took the design idea, made something slightly different with it and now they used it. I mean come on, I've ran this website for 3 years. You can't blame me and my members for getting kicks out of it :p

Dude... It pretty much is AC3, unless its a spinoff, but I see no evidence for that.

Also, your logo used their copyrighted logo, therefore if they want it, it is rightfully their to use (something along those lines).
Also, all I can see you did is put the words over their logo? You did not design the font, and thus they havent really taken anything...

Yes, its pretty cool, it may have been coincidence however. But still, it is cool that your site now shares the name with the game.

Also, you seemed very angry and perhaps a bit childish in the blog? Try to be a bit more accepting of it or provide a stronger arguement :) You wont win any legal battles so dont try...

GPS51
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
ROFL. I don't think he was trying to win any legal battles. It was more of a tongue in cheek post. Don't take him too seriously guys. :rolleyes:

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
ROFL. I don't think he was trying to win any legal battles. It was more of a tongue in cheek post. Don't take him too seriously guys. :rolleyes:

yeah, what he said, what is it with you people. :D

That said, nickson, it's not actually AC3 - this has been said by themselves; It's a multiplayer episode in the franchise. Something to keep the fans running until AC3 I guess, and it's sort of a spin off/AC2 continuation. Kind of like the Half Life 2 episodes.

Yami-Yagari
05-06-2010, 02:53 AM
yeah, what he said, what is it with you people. :D

That said, nickson, it's not actually AC3 - this has been said by themselves; It's a multiplayer episode in the franchise. Something to keep the fans running until AC3 I guess, and it's sort of a spin off/AC2 continuation. Kind of like the Half Life 2 episodes.

How can you take something like AC, and turn it into a MMO :confused:?
Free for All assassination death match? :eek:

Kire
05-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Nice one Litos, if i understood right you invented the word Brotherhood there and now they use it for a new sequel? Tho it would be very nice if they confirmed that your idea was so good they had to use it (at least just to you, unofficially), but it is still nice without that =).

nickson104
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM

I wasnt :) I knew that, but was just saying so in case he gets ideas you know :) :p Never know with the youth these days... :p

Also, so its a spinoff... Another way to squeeze some more cash out of people, however I predict that multiplayer will fail with AC to be honest...

Henry Martin
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
however I predict that multiplayer will fail with AC to be honest...

Ahh...don't be so negative. You won't know until you play. Gamers today are so harsh:(.

LiTos456
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
How can you take something like AC, and turn it into a MMO :confused:?
Free for All assassination death match? :eek:

I'm not sure it's an MMO, I think it'll be some kind of a 8 people party game or around that. No idea though, I'm kind of getting this from the cover and the fact that they're saying it's a never before seen multiplayer experience. So must be something different I assume.

Nice one Litos, if i understood right you invented the word Brotherhood there and now they use it for a new sequel? Tho it would be very nice if they confirmed that your idea was so good they had to use it (at least just to you, unofficially), but it is still nice without that =).

Yeah, that's it.
I did however mimic the word Brotherhood after their word Assassins to make it fit with the rest of the logo's theme. That may be the same reason they did it too, but I do know for a fact as I said that they are aware of my site and I did it first. :p

I wasnt :) I knew that, but was just saying so in case he gets ideas you know :) :p Never know with the youth these days... :p

Got pretty offended by that, Nick.

nickson104
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Got pretty offended by that, Nick.

Sorry, was meant as a joke :) If it makes you feel any better, I refer to myself in that too :) Im only 17... Thus im still young... But I didnt mean to offend, sorry

Supreme
05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
What has the world gone to; kids calling kids, kids :(

Alex Walz
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah. Hopefully this may draw some more attention to your site though. I may even have to get Live.

Although in all fairness, you don't know Ubisoft is aware of your site. You know a random marketing guy is, who may even be outsourced.

LiTos456
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
That is true, he's not a random marketing guy though - he was the manager of both the original social community website and the new one.
Obviously an authority told him to do it, so it may as well mean they're aware of it up there.
Who knows, but I like to believe that's true, I've never had much success in being known :p

I may even have to get Live.

XBL you mean?
I'm getting this for PC, I think... Though most of my members will probably get it on 360, and hell if there's anything I want to do is play a multiplayer Assassin's Creed game with them. So I'm still going to have to decide on that.

Sorry, was meant as a joke :) If it makes you feel any better, I refer to myself in that too :) Im only 17... Thus im still young... But I didnt mean to offend, sorry

It's all good, though I don't like when people assume I'd do things based on my age. :)