PDA

View Full Version : New Guy here, some questions

Geomancer
05-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Hello all. I've been aware of this game for awhile now, but reports had seemed fairly nebulous and I had bigger fish to fry. I noticed recently, though, that sites like IGN and Gamespy are listing the project as canceled. Given the forum activity here, I'd say this is unlikely, but it strikes me that these game reporting sites need to know if a game is on or not, in order to...well...spread the word, no? I'm hoping that these canceled reports are out-of-date and related to previous publisher issues, rather than being freshly posted reports of doom and gloom.

So, trying to catch up on the news, then, I see that the closed beta rounds have yet to start because the publisher wants a new build; release ostensibly remains later this year; people have received their keys for beta membership. Is this a fairly complete picture of game status? There are a lot of threads here, and many of them seem to drift off-topic, so getting a clear picture has been a little tricky. At this stage, the game is intriguing enough that I'll buy it, and I was hoping to get into the beta, but at this stage I'd just like to know that it's still happening! ;)

Thanks for your patience. Cheers

Aametherar
05-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I'll sum it up shortly.

The old publisher went out of business so the gaming sites instantly flipped the project to "canceled". The developers themselves have continued on in search of new publishers while developing the game anyways. Things seem great right now and the release will be coming, they will probably start hitting it off in the public eye soon, once it's a bit further into the beta test. They've actually already hit up quite a few gaming sites with a lot of new content that seems to have aroused more interest!

Keys have not been sent out, but the mailing list for keys has been confirmed and tested, so we're waiting on this last patch build and the publishers okay for us peons to march into closed beta!

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Darvin
05-04-2010, 12:12 AM
The game is not cancelled, though it has been repeatedly delayed. I don't know where IGN and other sites got the idea that it's "cancelled". As far as IGN goes, I find they're very trigger-happy and will often post rumours and speculation as fact.

...Is this a fairly complete picture of game status?

Yes, this is pretty much the case. The closed beta will start any time now, with an expected release date some time later this year.

Yami-Yagari
05-04-2010, 02:15 AM
As far as IGN goes, I find they're very trigger-happy and will often post rumours and speculation as fact.

Yeah, you really shouldn't believe everything IGN posts. Their posts aren't as accurate as they used to be, and some reviews they give are just really not worth the time to read.

Although, i've read a strange rumor that Reverie world studios will publish their own game. Don't think its true, but raises some questions.

sneaky_squirrel
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Beta is about to begin?, huzzah for keeping my hopes down!!!

My favorite kinda of surprise...mild!

LiTos456
05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, I think beta may start as soon as this month.
Pray for it! :P

Geomancer
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome and update! I have to admit that IGN's post raised some concern - I've been looking for an enjoyable RTS game for awhile, and marked Q2 2010 as time to pay attention for DoF. That's how I found my way here, at which point IGN looked wrong (to be fair, I haven't actually relied on them since I was playing Dark Age of Camelot), but it's nice to have confirmation. I haven't found an RTS that I really got any mileage from since SC, although I did play a King Arthur game for a few weeks that I found quite enjoyable, and DoF looks to be at least a good chance.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for release, then, and drift back into WoW and M&B for awhile. Cheers!

Yami-Yagari
05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
If you want up to date info you really shouldn't rely on IGN for DoF.

Alex Walz
05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
We've been trying to get IGN to edit their site, but no, we're definitely not cancelled. I've been sent through a whole line of people and no one seems to be able to make a simple edit...

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy) provides the most accurate listing.

Yami-Yagari
05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
We've been trying to get IGN to edit their site, but no, we're definitely not cancelled. I've been sent through a whole line of people and no one seems to be able to make a simple edit...

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy) provides the most accurate listing.

I've read wikipedia, but for some reason they posted that your also your own publisher. Dunno if thats true.

Yami-Yagari
05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I've read wikipedia, but for some reason they posted that your also your own publisher. Dunno if thats true.

My bad.
Apparently it's already removed, my bad. :(

LoveToKill
05-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forums geo, and wouldnt the best place for information about dof be here since they have the fantasy fridays and all that showing the content?

Aametherar
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I think they just meant most accurate external up to date info. Of course this would be the best place for any and all DOF related info though!

wills370
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi welcome to the forums glad to have you aboard. Yes things are definatly going ahead here. :) and will hope to be seeing you around.

Griegor Mcvennor
05-09-2010, 04:26 PM
How do we apply for the closed beta?