PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Devs

Henry Martin
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
My question is if something has an error on it(either texture or mesh) do you send it back to get it fix or do have the person who implemented in the engine fix it.

I'm asking because most of my team rather argue over there opinions rather then importing in the engine to see and fixing it right away. They instead give it to the person to implement(which waste a week) and if there is a problem they have him/her fix it(unless it has to be totally redone).

Yes, its me how is ask to do this.

Also if you can, What is your process of put stuff into a level form start to finish? What about scaling objects?

Alex Walz
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Everyone can add/edit stuff to the current dev build using an SVN client.

As for the typical level design process, http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204.

Henry Martin
05-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes I have read that. So what you are say is because its a small team that if a change is need someone will do it regardless who made it? We are using scrum(well thats what we are forced to use) which I don't total like, Do you use scrum. Or does everyone have a defined job or a mixture(mixture from the looks of it)?

"concept through modeling, texturing, rigging, skinning, animating, coding, scripting, and making sounds for the object or unit, which can then be added to the game’s maps.". This is the process you do for implementing?(rigging is a pain in the ass)