PDA

View Full Version : Sc 2

LoveToKill
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Just wondering if any of you happen toahve sc2 beta andwhat rank/races you all play

Rank Gold:36 (family trip was 15) div148
Race: Zerg of course

Made thiscausei was bored and no one mentioned sc2 in the first 3 pages so just thought id make one :x

Aametherar
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I just obtained a certain copy of the beta with skirmish mode, so far it feels like "nothing special"

LoveToKill
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
you mean the cracked copy? that ones crap ~_~ i wont say the games epic or that the game willbe as good as sc1 but theres allwayss hope and Dawn of fantasy.

Alex Walz
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
As a warning, do not discuss cracks or other pirated material here.

Aametherar
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
No lovetokill it just wont update so its an older copy. I have a family member who works for Activision. Got offered a free WOW subscription too but I don't play it :s. I dunno how you get into beta normally though, I tried activating my old Diablo and SC keys hoping it'd help get me in, but no dice.

Basically if you're not expecting more than SC1 you'll be fine. To me it feels like SC1 in every way with updated graphics. Like an expansion with a few new perks more than a new game. In short, play SC1while you wait, there's not much difference. The plus side I suppose is that they stayed true to the original.

Oh now that I think about it I heard you could get a beta key by pre-ordering, pretty simple since everyone's buying it anyways im sure.

Get a Free Code to Participate in the "StarCraft II" Beta
Pre-order StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and get a free code to participate in the StarCraft II beta. The code will be emailed to you within 5 business days after you place your order. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid on all existing orders. Limit of both one per household and one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply).
http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-Pc/dp/B000ZKA0J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272847617&sr=8-1

Basically regular price to just buy the game now, not a big deal.

LoveToKill
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
im still debateing if ill get sc2, i won one in the opt in myself ive playeditand itsok but some of the changes dont make since which annoys me im looking at playing DOF more then sc2 atm but who knows,Back to sc2 talk why did the remove lurks/vultures :x i cant see the reason for it also made sige tanks worse

Liljagare
05-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Well, imho, they have perfected Starcraft, but i'd dare to say it's not anything new...

I guess since it's a e-sport, you don't much muck with it, it has alot of differences in balance though, but it's near enough SC1 for me to make me feel "meeeeeh!".

I'll be getting it for the in-game movies and singleplayer campaign.. I sucketh at the MP, always did.. :D

Aametherar
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Well, imho, they have perfected Starcraft, but i'd dare to say it's not anything new...

I guess since it's a e-sport, you don't much muck with it, it has alot of differences in balance though, but it's near enough SC1 for me to make me feel "meeeeeh!".

I'll be getting it for the in-game movies and singleplayer campaign.. I sucketh at the MP, always did.. :D

I'll probably just do single player as well, if I want custom maps etc, i'll do DOF or another game. As for competitive, I do like competitive gameplay, but SC has gone beyond the point of "fun competitive" into the realm of "what the hell is wrong with you? Competitive".

LoveToKill
05-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll probably just do single player as well, if I want custom maps etc, i'll do DOF or another game. As for competitive, I do like competitive gameplay, but SC has gone beyond the point of "fun competitive" into the realm of "what the hell is wrong with you? Competitive".

I can so agree with that i was very competitive during sc1 BW and if i DO get sc2 ill most likely no life it. but again it dosent seem appealing atm so im hopeing that DOF beta comes first id rather play that :) but until one or the other happensits FF 10 for me

Aametherar
05-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah, normally I don't get games just for single player. With DOF coming, my multi-player focus is really here, the customization here as well as MMO aspects have me hooked already. SC has little appeal there, sure they will have a larger base of custom map makers but I don't see anything original coming out there, nothing that can't be brought to this game either.

At the same time I can get Blizzard games for $5 each so i'll definitely be getting it for single player. I really did love the storyline on the first Starcraft. But I also liked the Warcraft storyline before WC3, so here's hoping.

LoveToKill
05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
only single player games i get are ones that friends have played and say are worth it, finally told my friends about DOF since it seems its geting close to Beta release