PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying.

LastSpartan
04-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Will it be possible to roleplay?
Will there be like certain places wehre rping is enforeced?

blackfang
04-26-2010, 01:08 AM
is rp even possible her? Not just all out war:confused:

otomotopia
04-26-2010, 02:04 AM
is rp even possible her? Not just all out war:confused:

I think that chat can be RP... that's about it. Guild chat and inter-player/guild communication... you can't RP battle tactics besides in player co-ordinations in chat. Like "I'm firing down upon these foul devil spawn, but there is a group of these smelly fiends approaching from my west, who will overwhelm my forces! Please aid me, my woodly brethren!" or a declaration of vendetta; "I shall set fire to your forests. Zug zug." Thats about it.

Yami-Yagari
04-26-2010, 03:27 AM
RP in chat is going to be really confusing, if you start babbling insane long sentences in key moments during battles:( .
Other then chat there´s still your stronghold you can name, and not call it "I ****ed your Mom". :rolleyes:

Zeluk
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
RP becomes much more difficult in RTS's; not to mention that the genre itself doesn't really go out of its way to promote it like RPG's do. I suspect light RP will be common enough in chat that you can pull that off but you wont find the walls of text and stories the way you would in other games that support it. Anyways, if it comes down to it I'll roleplay with you, we'll find each other in-game. We roleplayers got to stick together!

LastSpartan
04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
that is if you have an xbox lol

Alex Walz
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
There's a level of RPing involved in NPC interaction. Players can often choose which quests to hear about, ask for advice on certain tactics or nearby market's specialities, and choose how to react to a threat or quest. Ie - A group of goblins approach your camp, do you fight them or pay them off?

Aametherar
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
There's a level of RPing involved in NPC interaction. Players can often choose which quests to hear about, ask for advice on certain tactics or nearby market's specialities, and choose how to react to a threat or quest. Ie - A group of goblins approach your camp, do you fight them or pay them off?

It would take a fool to pay off goblins, they'd only come back that much quicker! Unless you hired them instead, goblins do love their gold!

"It was a rainy day when the goblin launcher was invented. I was there that day, that battle. I remember when the uncharacteristically cunning Orc Commander Aametherar called out to the goblins convincing them of a mythic pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The rest...well the rest is history."

-Grok, Orc Slayer Scribe to the clan of Aametherar

GPS51
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
LOL. Exactly...the only good goblin is a dead goblin...

Yami-Yagari
04-27-2010, 01:39 AM
You actuelly get an option? They'r probably the weakest unit in existence (up until now) with only 110 hp and no armor.
Might aswell bash ' em and save you the money.

blackfang
04-27-2010, 03:02 PM
You actuelly get an option? They'r probably the weakest unit in existence (up until now) with only 110 hp and no armor.
Might aswell bash ' em and save you the money.

aww don't say that, don't you think they are cute? I think they are when they jump up and down on dead elves and looted caravans, screaming for more gold as they set off into the sunset heading for Uttal Atras. They are also cute when they wander en mass to cities like Thorndale to... "Trade their culture."

Yami-Yagari
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
aww don't say that, don't you think they are cute? I think they are when they jump up and down on dead elves and looted caravans, screaming for more gold as they set off into the sunset heading for Uttal Atras. They are also cute when they wander en mass to cities like Thorndale to... "Trade their culture."

Yes, they have their charm:p .

Plus, probably the best units versus the elven archers, because of their passive ability.
Elven ranged armies are so screwed against goblins.

nickson104
04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, they have their charm:p .

Plus, probably the best units versus the elven archers, because of their passive ability.
Elven ranged armies are so screwed against goblins.

Yeah... Chances are there will be quite a few players who play elves and stick to the usual elven tactics and use solely archers... Shall be fun to say the least... :) :p

Kire
04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah... Chances are there will be quite a few players who play elves and stick to the usual elven tactics and use solely archers... Shall be fun to say the least... :) :p

Well i am planing to stick just with archers =). Tho there will be 0 ppl who will stack just goblins i guess so no problem =).

blackfang
04-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Well i am planing to stick just with archers =). Tho there will be 0 ppl who will stack just goblins i guess so no problem =).

^you forgot one? i will make an entirely made goblin army JUST FOR YOU! Smile when you can, because my goblins will definitely smile when they can:D

Aametherar
04-28-2010, 03:50 AM
You underestimate the orcs hatred for elves. There's nothing we'd love more than to swarm your archers over with legions of goblins picking your bones clean as they go.

Yami-Yagari
04-28-2010, 04:11 AM

Kinda hard to not stack goblins since their tents sort of **** them out. :p
Besides Thikken Dal players have to rely on goblins since they´r pretty much the only melee units they can make.

nickson104
04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
You underestimate the orcs hatred for elves. There's nothing we'd love more than to swarm your archers over with legions of goblins picking your bones clean as they go.

Throw in a group of wargs, a mob of beserkers and an ogre or two and we shall be ready to go! :)

Negthareas
04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Thikken Dal - goblins will swarm like ants.

Still - when I played Elves, I used a lots of meelee too. Except that BFME2 definitely had overpowered elf archers.

Yami-Yagari
04-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Still - when I played Elves, I used a lots of meelee too. Except that BFME2 definitely had overpowered elf archers.

Yeah Mirkwood archers are way to overpowered.:rolleyes:

nickson104
04-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah Mirkwood archers are way to overpowered.:rolleyes:

As are the Isengard mines... 2 or 3 could take down a fully upgraded fortress...

I had a mage set up so that he could teleport in, teleport the mines in, blow them up with a fireball and escape relatively unscathed... THAT was OP...

Yami-Yagari
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
As are the Isengard mines... 2 or 3 could take down a fully upgraded fortress...

I had a mage set up so that he could teleport in, teleport the mines in, blow them up with a fireball and escape relatively unscathed... THAT was OP...

LOL, never thought of that. :eek:
normaly i always make like 30 of them, and let them charge in.
always funny to see other react and call you a noob. :p

otomotopia
04-28-2010, 05:44 PM
guys, remember this is not a discussion on BFME, this is a discussion on Roleplaying.

Kire
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Dont worry ... if someone do stack goblins than (if its still in game project) i will also have few magic users to burn them =).
And if i get a paladins than there is no problem to RP in any game =) (tho i dont do it hardcore since that is anoying to me and other ppl =P); example (time 5:20 and than also 12:45) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYz89QO_kW0
Tho its funny you can watch all=).

Aametherar
04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
To be honest when I start beta I want to do a journal of my travels from the Orc chieftains point of view. Sort of like a game teaser to those waiting without actually describing in depth game aspects. Just a journal of what i'm doing and whats going on from a first person standpoint, i'm not sure if the devs would be okay with that though.

Yami-Yagari
04-29-2010, 03:47 AM
Would be nice, yeah for the lonely souls who didn´t make beta :(

Negthareas
04-29-2010, 09:36 AM
hmm - makes sense. "The Beginnings of _________ and tales of its leader, _______".

wills370
04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a really nice idea. Would be cool aswell if another player has a chance to write the other side of the story from his own standpoint if we decide to battle over the beta. would let the people read both sides of the war as it were

Alex Walz
04-30-2010, 08:14 PM
It may please some of you to know that there are now two more ways in which players can interact with stronghold NPCs. :) These will be revealed when build 1.04 is complete.

Yami-Yagari
05-01-2010, 04:15 AM
It may please some of you to know that there are now two more ways in which players can interact with stronghold NPCs. :) These will be revealed when build 1.04 is complete.
Would be nice if you were able to personalise your NPC stronghold to your race, by adding more of your own culture´s architecture.
Like when you conquer a human NPC stronghold, you would be able to tranform it into a more orcish looking one with the use of orc buildings, wooden walls and of course heads and corpses on pikes.:)

nickson104
05-01-2010, 05:06 AM

Slay them? :) Ask them to join you in your tent? :p jokes

wills370
05-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Could maybe ask for a parlaye? (hope thats how you spell it)

nickson104
05-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Could maybe ask for a parlaye? (hope thats how you spell it)

parley i do believe :) Or in the case of pirates.... parrrrrley :) :p

Aametherar
05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
When the orc tents rocking, don't come knocking <.< I can't wait! (to find out what it is)