PDA

View Full Version : Large units for men?

LastSpartan
04-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Well i was wondering since there were those huge ogers for orcs, and those ents or something for the elves, will there be a large unit for humans so it can be fair and be unique?

Yami-Yagari
04-18-2010, 05:21 AM
Well i was wondering since there were those huge ogers for orcs, and those ents or something for the elves, will there be a large unit for humans so it can be fair and be unique?

Yeah, um, lets not. Orc units overall are considerable weaker then most human units, with the exception of wargs, ogres and maybe slayers, plus they'r worse at defending then humans are. And aren't the ent units merely siege towers for the elves?

besides, humans already have the best siege and anti-siege equipment in the entire game.

DarkMaster
04-18-2010, 05:47 AM
The "Ents", as I last heard, are called "trees of war".

besides, humans already have the best siege and anti-siege equipment in the entire game.
Not to mention epic strongholds:)

welshie
04-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Humans shouldnt get big units, purly because we dont need them. Our awsome strongholds and units should keep them at bay when used correctly.

Yami-Yagari
04-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Besides, what large unit would humans use? :confused:

Alex Walz
04-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Trees of War on called Treants now. The Treants aren't really a unit though, well no more than the humans' Siege Tower. All it can do is hook on to enemy walls. We played around with the idea of having it being able to summon smaller minions, but for now, it's just a walking tower.

No big units for men or elves, other than siege weapons and hired mercs. The orcs are all about brute strength, so they have the big guns. Men have a lot of technology and cavalry, and elves have magic and archers.

LastSpartan
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM
what about war elephants =)

GPS51
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
LOL where are they going to find eles in a mythical realm without a jungle region? Although I do think it could use a jungle region. If only to have a good assortment of creeps and quests found no where else. Perhaps they could have an elephant catching quest which grants a limited number of elephants.:cool:

LiTos456
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
*reads the thread title*
giggity

----
War Elephants I think would be indian-ish,... hmm... I dont know trojan horses? Heheh, honestly no idea

GPS51
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Hmm how about a massive wooden puppet in full armor?

Yami-Yagari
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Would be nice to have elephants in game, but giving it solely to humans isnīt a good idea. i mean they already have the better cavalry, fortress and siege equipment. So if they canīt win a open field battle, they still have their stronghold which is far superior then elven and orcish strongholds. giving them elephants exclusively would be total overkill:eek:

Darathor
04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Humans just aren't a race that you can give big units to, especially when they're in the style that they are. Having something like a big elephant marching beside them would totally not fit in the more European style units of the humans of Teria.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Trees of War on called Treants now. The Treants aren't really a unit though, well no more than the humans' Siege Tower. All it can do is hook on to enemy walls. We played around with the idea of having it being able to summon smaller minions, but for now, it's just a walking tower.

No big units for men or elves, other than siege weapons and hired mercs. The orcs are all about brute strength, so they have the big guns. Men have a lot of technology and cavalry, and elves have magic and archers.

... do the Treants atleast do some damage to the walls while they cling to it?

SPARROW94
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe if they had huge bombs planted to it, but thats just me beign a total douche. the treant, ent, tree-man, what ever its callle ccould pound on the wall ? but then that would be very.. awkard for the elves to climb in his innards and out of his mouth onto the wall. i'd imagien some one has buuter finger and **** up the whole single file system.

Khan kreiger
06-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Maybe if they had huge bombs planted to it, but thats just me beign a total douche. the treant, ent, tree-man, what ever its callle ccould pound on the wall ? but then that would be very.. awkard for the elves to climb in his innards and out of his mouth onto the wall. i'd imagien some one has buuter finger and **** up the whole single file system.

Im soo confused on what your talking about why would the ent be pounding on the wall i think it just acts as a siege tower.

Gleem
06-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Clearly Humans and Elves will eventually work together to create the ultimate war machine... Bear Cavalry...

http://szenenzauber.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/bear_cavalry.jpg

Henry Martin
06-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Clearly Humans and Elves will eventually work together to create the ultimate war machine... Bear Cavalry...

Or the infamous ManBearPig:eek:. This would be the strongest unit in the game:p.

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/manbearpig_485.jpg

Yami-Yagari
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Or the infamous ManBearPig:eek:. This would be the strongest unit in the game:p.

Yeah... good look trying to get a man, a bear and a pig to start an orgy.:D

Khan kreiger
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
uhmmm thts weird....but if we had a zombie race that would be their strongest unit:p

wills370
06-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Hmm the humns could have a few possibitly's it is dawn of FANTASY after all so really there is scope for new ideas. Possibly with the magic etc you can have enchanted items. Such as a large suit of armour, or if you have enough invested into a church of some kind you could have a greek god sort of idea come to life to help you. even on the lesser side you could have creatures (see movie 300). Which are realistic in a human FANTASY army :P :)

Michael Mullens
06-18-2010, 08:18 AM
uhmmm thts weird....but if we had a zombie race that would be their strongest unit:p

wouldn't an arrow through the brain kill the zombies?

- 50% less damage from calvary,infantry
- 50% more damage from archers

Khan kreiger
06-18-2010, 08:44 AM
wouldn't an arrow through the brain kill the zombies?

- 50% less damage from calvary,infantry
- 50% more damage from archers

no zombies have no brains:p...more like if a swordsmen cut his so it couldnt see our smell anything

LiTos456
06-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I lol'd at the thread title.
Sorry.

Michael Mullens
06-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I lol'd at the thread title.
Sorry.

lol, I see what u did thur!

aerlfredith
07-22-2010, 11:02 AM
what aboouut,... A GIAT CHICKEN PECKING AT THE ENEMY WALLS :p
i'd rofl when the chicken starts picking at ogres and winning

Gruber12
07-22-2010, 11:31 AM
The only know way to kill the dreaded gaint chicken is to bring in a Cornel with a southern accent and his secret herbs and spices

N3V312M0123
11-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I think you mean colonel mate. I agree with the majority, humans dont need a large unit.
ps. lol at the title of the thread.

irascor
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
i would think that men would have siege units like a crossbow or catapult

GPS51
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
They do have trebs and crossbowmen.

Katana
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
eventhough men have strong seige i think it would be interesting to have some kind of big hulking hulk =]

Daft
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I think a big unit for the humans would ruin their aesthetic. The orcs look and work great with their single large units, and the elf-treant connection works great too. I mean, it's great to branch off ideas, but in my opinion any kind of giant war machine, creature, or anything else just wouldn't make them feel human anymore.

What would be awesome is if you had different cultures of men, like say eastern-style desert dwellers. THEN you could add in elephants, chariots, and even half-troll or half-orc units and it would look absolutely fantastic. But since the humans are pretty European, I'd say it'd be best to keep them that way.

theangel04
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I somewhat agree with daft. orcs have scores of units, elves smaller because of the lore....humans should have a fair amount of units but not the biggest out there..humans should always be the more balanced :P

ZuluDawn
12-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Humans could have mountain giants or a clockwork colossus, or something along those lines. Tank even?

Gwydion
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
While I agree humans don't need it right not, later down the road its an option, there IS magic in this game, so if you combine the desperate war fueled creativity of a human with some magic there are some pretty terrifying options right there considering what we have come up with in real life without magic. Atomic magic bomb anyone?