PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to free walk around the world?

LastSpartan
04-17-2010, 07:58 PM
What i mean is, when you want to get somewhere in the world is it like you click on the map and your soldiors move there or is it like age of empires?:confused:

Henry Martin
04-17-2010, 10:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken its like the Total War map. You click and you will walk there. It wont be turn based like Total War though.

If I am wrong please correct me. I don't want to give wrong info.

szebus
04-18-2010, 12:39 AM
If I'm not mistaken its like the Total War map. You click and you will walk there. It wont be turn based like Total War though.

As far as I know, You are not mistaken.

Yami-Yagari
04-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah would be something like that. mean why else make world map 2.0 if you cant interact with it?

Darathor
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
You can click around on the world map and your army will go there, it may take some time, but they will get there unless your attacked for some reason or something.

kingdominic
01-22-2011, 01:45 PM
lol i can image walking and i get attack my a band of orcs in the forest or golbins :D

boiky
01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
so the army walk on the map is where is war are?
or they do switch map between battle and non battle?

Karl-Heinz
01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
so the army walk on the map is where is war are?
or they do switch map between battle and non battle?
It is likely that you only see your army into the city and in battles. On the map you'll drive by an icon indicating its entire army. You click where it should go and he will start moving, but it must take time. The Total War series of games work well, and I think this game will be much like him, which leaves me with an urge to play = D

GoGoCactusMan!
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM
What i mean is, when you want to get somewhere in the world is it like you click on the map and your soldiors move there or is it like age of empires?:confused:

Scroll on down to the "World Map" section, that should have a little more information for ya. :cool:

atsumok
01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
so it sounds like theres a "fog of war" type thing and u can only see if you have units in that spot am i correct?

Barca
01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Random question. Will the terrain on the large map transfer into the battle map? like if your army is on a hill will you still be deployed on the high ground for the battle?

Verrenth
01-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Random question. Will the terrain on the large map transfer into the battle map? like if your army is on a hill will you still be deployed on the high ground for the battle?

I hope so, would be a good thing for archers and other ranged units.

luizeba
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM
If it'll be like Total War, this game will be totally awesome :P

lordsabbath88
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
If it'll be like Total War, this game will be totally awesome :P

Wow i dreamed a game like this for about 4 years!!!
Can't wait! :)

Alex Walz
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
To clear up questions - yes, you can free walk around the world, but it won't be like exploring a Zelda or RPG world. Everything will be instanced, meaning that each town, each homeland, and each quest area will be on its own map. You can explore all of these maps but you won't be able to travel past a certain point as you approach the edge. You can get to a new instanced map via the World Map, which you can freely explore.

It will be similar terrain, but no, it won't transfer.

BloodSharky
01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Is the only way to fight in siege battles? I havent seen nor read anything about normal battles? This is something to worry for me? Is the fighting not complex enough for a normal land battle? I mean there is cavalary and footies but does this formation bonus really work like for example Battle for Middleearth or something? At the moment Im going through the forum and searching for the topic: game should be good but in the end its like annihilated empires (if somebody knows this russian bug hunt...)

Carnifexrex
01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Just make sure you bring friends. Lots of friends. With swords. BIG swords.

szebus
01-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Is the only way to fight in siege battles? ...

If I understand You're question correctly, the answer is No, You will not only fight siege battles but will fight on the "zoomed world map" to in plain fields and so on.

Tibador
01-28-2011, 05:47 PM
cant wait to be able to march on someone.

BloodSharky
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
thx for your answer I found the info somewhere else (sry the most media only shows siege battles)

MoLiva
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
At first glance it appears that the game's combat system is based solely around siege battles. However it appears there will be open field combat as well

mcsollar
01-31-2011, 02:06 AM
I hope its open field then you can flank!