PDA

View Full Version : Fan-Fic, need names.

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm Raulaun, A writer, I was hoping some of you could be A part of my mediocre fan-fiction story by contributing names of midieval characters of any race possibly present within dawn of fantasy. I will return in 1 week and use the best appropriate names.

List of races known by me:
Humans
Elves
Orcs
Dragons
Dwarves

If I am missing any, just enter your suggestion, I'm preparing the plot at the moment, writing isn't fast-paced and takes lots of plot-building.

P.S. Can't post in the fan-fiction area and the pub didn't seem like a good place to put this, if I posted this thread in the wrong topic, forgive me.

welshie
04-17-2010, 04:55 AM
They are the races available to play/purchase. There were a few other races on the production line but have been droped all together, Undead, Minator and Lizard men (forgot the name they used). They were all suggested but droped later on down the line of the game, and i dont think there is enough lore or anything to include them in your story but i havent seen the lore so i wouldnt know i do hope a dev comes and clarifys :)

And have fun writing your book its very relaxing i find :)

Darathor
04-17-2010, 09:05 AM
all together, Undead, Minator and Lizard men (forgot the name they used).

I believe the lizard men are called amphibians. They live in swamps basically or very aquatic areas. We don't really know much else at all about those races lore-wise other than a few basic things.

Negthareas
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I will think of some good ones, but I will have to get my creative juices cranking first. I will have some by Tuesday.

Alex Walz
04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
The amphibians were their nickname, but they were known as the Maakvir.

Dragons, Dwarves, Minotaurs, Maakvir, and the Undead were all in the original concept but will not be included in the initial release. Dragons and Dwarves, and maybe a Minotaur or two, will make it in as hirable mercenaries and regional creeps.

More concept information: http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten

Alex Walz
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Attached is our original world map. It has a bunch of names that you might be able to use for either characters or towns.

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Excellent, thanks! I'm still deciding where I want the story to be centered in. I don't necessarily want it to be another one of those elf-flicks, so I'm thinking somewhere along a border. I've been researching the media.

Alex Walz
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh, almost forgot - SeventhSanctum is another good resource. It's a random name generator that I used a couple times when designing Age of Mythology custom scenarios.

Character Name Generator (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-char.php)
Race Specific Names - Dwarven, Elven, Dark Elven, Goblin, Treant, Ships, etc. (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php)

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks, this should help alot aswell. I still want people to suggest their own names to be part of the Fanfic. Keep them coming, thanks!

Kire
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I understood they must sound medievalish in way that they have fantasy name + surname as some kind nickname.

Humans
Kaerthos Orcslayer
Daina Pureheart
Estariar the Builder
Erion Ironfist

Elves
Idmaril Silverwind

Orcs
Murgash Bloodthirsty
Zugmek the Vile

Dragons
Erathir/Eranion the Wise
Meruin Seawyrm

Dwarves
Droin Emptymug
Gruf Stonebreaker

These are the ones i can think of =). The concept (first name) for dwarves was something short but strong/hard; for dragons something that sounds more magnificent; for orcs something simple =); for elves something high cultured; and for humans, well, humanish =), maybe little noble.

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Are dragons elemental in Dawn of Fantasy? (Sea, fire, earth etc.)

Thanks Kire. A few of those seem great.

welshie
04-18-2010, 06:47 AM
i belive so, i think it changed on the place of the dragons. (btw i remember this from when dragons were still a race not sure if they plan to incorperate it in merc's) Im not sure what the change of powers were but i belive the black dragons to be the strongest?

Raulaun
05-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Alright, despite inactivity, I have been working on this for awhile now, just not long enough. I'll have it ready by the end of may at this rate i hope.

SPARROW94
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Impress me.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 05:27 AM
hmmm sudgestion... Try ancient viking-african tribe names for orcs, they fit quite well. For elven... try gaelic (they practiced druidism so its pretty close to what might be expected of elven names) and tie them in to nature.

Examples:
(viking) Bork, Floki, Gaerrar, Ozur
or (Zulu) names: Mapoza (one who chases people)

heck, just google for any old dead language names and they would sound exotic enough to fit that right character for you...
Example... for a female elf I would try Thulisile of the Assegai... what do you think?

Raulaun
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I got invited to join a fishing trip to texas, I literally just got back from the airport to find that my laptop had been wiped by a virus- Fear not! It's in my email! :D But.. I've gotta catch up on my work and i've lost the will to write for now.