PDA

View Full Version : Gambling

Raulaun
04-16-2010, 11:54 PM
It would be cool if it was possible to gamble in certain areas for resources, mercenaries or simply a wheel that could be spun daily. I think it would be an interesting addition to DoF and would provide more incentive to login every day. What do you think about this idea? What would you have the rewards be?

There should also be a random button when picking races that just serves to randomly select someone's race for them if they are unsure.

Yami-Yagari
04-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Isnīt the entire game already a big incentive to play the game? Especially for orcs players, since they'll have to keep raiding settlements daily for resources. but like the idea of random button, just for the people who can't make up their minds. if of course starting positions are randomated to, else wouldn't really be random.

Negthareas
04-17-2010, 09:30 AM
The idea is interesting. Maybe there could be like taverns in the big -NPC cities. When your hero is there, he can take his chances at several, unique to DoF card games.

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 02:13 PM
That sounds nice. :)

What if DoF had it's own tcg? Hehe, Maybe an expansion? 150 MSpoints for a booster?

Alex Walz
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
TCG?

And gambling/mini games... let's not. :p I promise it will be fun as is! We could implement a Random race/region button though, although it might not fit in with our current menu selection screens.

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Trading Card Game, MMOTCGs are rare, trading cards could be an awesome addition to collecting, trading and bartering with others. It would add a new economy.

If it doesn't fit and takes more than a week to make, and isn't needed, out the window! :P

Yami-Yagari
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Meh:confused: . wouldnīt TCG just ruin the current economic design? if you were able to trade DoF cards for resources, might aswell get cards then start raiding for resources

blackfang
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM
how about making cards a major factor in troop moral (entertainment) :D :rolleyes:

Yami-Yagari
04-18-2010, 11:05 AM
how about making cards a major factor in troop moral (entertainment) :D :rolleyes:

dunno, morale is a huge factor when fighting or sieging. to let it depend on something like cards is just dangerous.

if crads would have effect on unit morale, it would get imbalanced simply because people would start collecting cards more till they have huge reserves to use. and fighting an army with almost neverending morale is just unwinnable.

blackfang
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
... just think about it, kill the ENTIRE army don't just get them to rout:rolleyes:

Yami-Yagari
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
But your troops morale will be depleted before your enemies forces will be destroyed if you donīt have an entire stack of cards like your enemy.

welshie
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Card game for a mmorpg is fail from start, get the idea out of your head now. the only thing you can incorporate with cards is rare items but then that brings a level of snobbyness into the game.

blackfang
04-21-2010, 12:05 AM
it was only a joke;)

Negthareas
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
oh well...

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 07:55 PM
stilll i wouldnt mind having a mini game here and there to pass the time... kind of like the mini games they had in fable 2...

SPARROW94
05-17-2010, 08:13 PM
exept this is a RTS you noob. open up your internet excplorer and go www.miniclip.com if you want arcade games. pleh,

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Of course its an RTS where have you been all this time?
Just putting up a fair sudgestion if its plausible to implend a mini game inside the game for while your waiting to finish building things... gathering large stores of resources or waiting for your army to arrive from a long destination or for when you just dont feel like being fully active... and it would be quite nice if you could like win small amounts of resources or something for it.. maybe 1 piece of gold per win ^^.

ALso... sparrow, lolumad?

Yami-Yagari
05-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Just putting up a fair sudgestion if its plausible to implend a mini game inside the game for while your waiting to finish building things... gathering large stores of resources or waiting for your army to arrive from a long destination or for when you just dont feel like being fully active... and it would be quite nice if you could like win small amounts of resources or something for it.. maybe 1 piece of gold per win ^^.

It kinda depends really. If build times and army movement speeds are just like any other online RTS, they yes would be nice to have something of a pass time ingame, without having to to quit/leave the game.

Kire
05-18-2010, 06:31 AM
It kinda depends really. If build times and army movement speeds are just like any other online RTS, they yes would be nice to have something of a pass time ingame, without having to to quit/leave the game.

I dont think its necessary, that force you to try also some real life meanwhile, which is not bad =P. Or you just start with new stronghold x.x (than having 4 strongholds will take all your time where you wanted to play mini game =).

LoveToKill
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Card game for a mmorpg is fail from start, get the idea out of your head now. the only thing you can incorporate with cards is rare items but then that brings a level of snobbyness into the game.

ALso... sparrow, lolumad?

i agree a TCG sounds pretty stupid to me 2ndly when your bored outa your mind gathering resources Start a QUEST view the terrain aroundyour empire and formulate plans to counter act your future enemies Now when all thats said and done and then your bored Build a new castle ill give you a mini gamesounds like it would be boreing i honestly dont think anyone will stay around to playmini games ina RTS.

Reason for writeing this is im all for Improveing the game but somethingill prob never use andthatmaydelaythe game for even a moment longer then i have to wait now is unbareable cause im nerdy like Dat xD. Alsoi dont need another Blizzard :x

Gruber12
08-01-2010, 09:46 PM
How about ya have a card game amongst allies to decide who gets first blood in aa siege :D

snpiccolo
02-23-2011, 04:52 AM
gambling is an excellent idea, not many games can accept the concept, some how they never implement it, when in reality it is SOOO fun. haha
<-- gambling addict
but its what made diablo 2 such a fun game for me