PDA

View Full Version : Good day all!

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Hello there, I've been looking around gamespot, IGN and some other gaming websites for a long time searching for something similar to DoF and now I've finally found it. I'm a fan of strategy games, be it RTS, turn based, 4x games..anything really, I've played them all, or at least most of them. Medieval fantasy games are not that well represented aside the few gems out there, namely Stronghold and Medieval in my opinion, so this is a very nice surprise, especially with the lack of any decent MMORTS game.

A little about me I guess? Uhm, I have a degree in psychology, and I'm a somewhat amateur writer, I've published one book locally, around 500 pages, and written several short stories. Can't say the sales were abundant but it was enough to cover the expenses:P Anyhow, I'm glad that I have a chance to become a part of this community and hopefully I'll be able to do something useful.

I had a question about something as well, but I forgot it while writing this:P

blackfang
04-11-2010, 06:36 AM
welcome, have fun:rolleyes:

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Thank you:)

wills370
04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forums. What was your book about out of intrest? Was it a fantasy book or?

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes, fantasy book, somewhat inspired by "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin. He's a great author and I love his work. And I tend to wander off in my head in these fantasy worlds that I create quite often, mainly before sleep, hence why I keep a recorder next to me:P

Henry Martin
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Welcome.ahh..so we have a celebrity in the forums now:D.

otomotopia
04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes, fantasy book, somewhat inspired by "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin. He's a great author and I love his work. And I tend to wander off in my head in these fantasy worlds that I create quite often, mainly before sleep, hence why I keep a recorder next to me:P

Nice! I appreciate his work, he's a very inspired and talented writer. You may want to post a story in the pub when you get the chance. I love the recorder trick, it helps me a LOT when I orate my paper and transcript the recording. Ironically, I'm starting to jot down a short novella from an idea I had in the shower XD

I'm sure you'll have a good time here! Welcome to the community!

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Thank you, I'm sure I will too, I'll try to work some DoF stuff into my "imagination" and see if anything nice comes up, until then, my girlfriend is already working on some drawings for you all to look at:P

blackfang
04-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Thank you, I'm sure I will too, I'll try to work some DoF stuff into my "imagination" and see if anything nice comes up, until then, my girlfriend is already working on some drawings for you all to look at:P

OOO what kind?

Kire
04-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Welcome and hi =) and if you want to do something useful than you can join us elves and kill many orcs when game is released =P.
Edit: oh you already did, good decision =).

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 02:33 PM
OOO what kind?

From what I gathered..so far it's going to be an elven archer on a reared unicorn, nocking an arrow that has that "blue flame" over it's tip, that's what it has so far..I presume there's gonna be some background too:P

Negthareas
04-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice! Hope you bring some stuff to the table!

Aametherar
04-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome oh hapless victim elf.

Generation
04-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forums hope I can read ur book fantasy books=BEST