PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption

otomotopia
04-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't usually do this for a game on another game's site, but I thought this would be an excellent exception.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_freeroam_4710.html

Quite possibly the best FPS I've seen, if only for that reason. Other then that, the other features are very well done, IGN loves it, and I can't wait to play it.

Henry Martin
04-09-2010, 03:54 PM
This is going to be one of the best games of the years and possibly the best western game of all. I am getting this on day one.

May 18

Kire
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Looks promising. Thanks for posting .... will keep an eye on it to see how does it turn out, even tho i dont have xbox.
Since its cowboy era .... where are indians?=P

otomotopia
04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks promising. Thanks for posting .... will keep an eye on it to see how does it turn out, even tho i dont have xbox.

They're there. And they steal horses and hurt.

Henry Martin
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM

NP. Its taking GTA 4's gameplay mechanics, physics and putting them in a open world western(also improving them). I am a big fan of GTA 4's gameplay (physics too) and the old west so I am excited about it.

The graphics are also amazing. The texturing is great, and I am loving the way they use the normal maps. A lot of games don't use normal maps right so, you can tell that its just a texture and not geometry. I notice these things more from my schooling.

'Gun' was the only open world western game that I know of. It was decent, but became really boring fast when not doing the story missions.

I don't have an Xbox so I'm getting it for the ps3.

Henry Martin
05-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I just got RDR. I'm playing right now. First looks are amazing.

Yami-Yagari
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Didn't seem interessting at first, but if other people think its nice, might get it myself perhaps.

Henry Martin
05-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I got it because I'm a fan of GTA 4s gamplay and a fan of westerns.