PDA

View Full Version : Which race will you choose?

Pages : [1] 2

sumo0
04-09-2010, 03:24 AM
could some admin here make a poll of some sort to get a overview on what races people will be playing?
idd like to know what race will be the heaviest populated:P
i know theres the sect thing, but i need numbers^^

welshie
04-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Just take into concideration you have 4 city slots to use and you are not limited to one race once you picked it. So you can have an elf, orc and human city and one spare to experiment or to play because that faction is awsome. But a poll would help you choose your first faction.

otomotopia
04-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I would like to know this as well-What will the general population play as their first race?

blackfang
04-09-2010, 07:56 AM
probably humans just to get it out of the way, then orcs... That is my choice i would also like a poll:p

Alex Walz
04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know why vBulletin makes it so hidden, but anyone can post a poll. You should see a "Thread Tools" link at the top of this thread. Click it and go to "Add a Poll."

I'd be happy to make a poll if you want, just thought I'd let you know that you can make a poll any time you want.

Aametherar
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
There has been a poll on this int he past I believe, majority it looks like we're elf, then human, and very few orcs. The elven and human may have swapped, it could be interesting to see new stats on this. Perhaps i'll make one :o

Negthareas
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Lol Alex - It did not work when I tested it out of curiosity - there is no "add poll" thingy to click.

Aametherar
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes there is, you have to actually be the original poster.

GPS51
04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I couldn't find it either but i figured it's pretty minor in the scope of things.

Puppeteer
04-09-2010, 12:34 PM
There you go, poll added - get voting!

nickson104
04-09-2010, 01:00 PM
There you go, poll added - get voting!

Damn... Puppy, is it within your powers to remove my vote so I can recast it?
I think humans is more likely to be mine, although I plan on being Orcs a lot

Henry Martin
04-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Me, I am going to be humans first. I will eventually play as the elves. I might even play as the orcs later on just to say I did.

Alex Walz
04-09-2010, 01:17 PM
As much as I'd like to go for humans or elves, the orcs kick ass. They may be primitive but they can have massive strongholds and more units than you can keep track of.

nickson104
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Me, I am going to be humans first. I will eventually play as the elves. I might even play as the orcs later on just to say I did.

I plan on starting off as orcs in MMORTS, however i have a feeling i will feel most at home with the humans, their playstyle seems more generic and the same as most games, they will be the easiest race to learn, whereas the elves could be difficult, but so could the orcs as they require an offensive player, i am not an offensive player...

Aametherar
04-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Interesting results although early, a lot of elves seem to have been swayed to humans by Fantasy Fridays. I don't expect many more votes for orcs, we're just quick to attack even if it's a vote button :) Even the orc in nikson104 hit that button before his human side could stop him.

Puppeteer
04-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Damn... Puppy, is it within your powers to remove my vote so I can recast it?
I think humans is more likely to be mine, although I plan on being Orcs a lot

No, but I've taken one from Orcs and given one to the Humans. So 3 people have voted Orcs, despite there being but 2 votes :p

Kire
04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I am first one and only atm to pick elves =(, gogo vote elves! elvish powa! Where is all nature loving and caring?? Hmm hmm there will have to be some punishments for that... i see .... -,,-
Beside only thing that would change my mind is different look of human soldiers =), and maybe cool paladin units so i can mass them and do some RP =P.

Darathor
04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I have chosen elves, because, they're awesome, and I just love them. While I might on occasion dabble in either orcs or humans, I can quite easily imagine myself playing elves for the vast majority of my playtime.

sumo0
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
:o i c, nice to know;)

Negthareas
04-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I voted for elves, though I will be playing humans a lot too, Aametherar has a good point about the influence of the Fanfrys. If not for today's, I might have picked men. For me: Elves>Men>>Orcs.

DarkMaster
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I think it goes without saying what I voted for.:D

nickson104
04-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Even the orc in nikson104 hit that button before his human side could stop him.

Indeed it did! :) I will definitely be playing orcs, i just dont know if it will be my main faction... then again you never know until you play it :)

No, but I've taken one from Orcs and given one to the Humans. So 3 people have voted Orcs, despite there being but 2 votes :p

Thanks mate :) Owe you one :)

P.S.... The results so far are looking VERY interesting, I mean... Very few elvish players? Wow... Most games with elves in are dominated by them, there are even more choices for orcs here and orcs are usually the least chosen! :)

welshie
04-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I think its kinda hard, as i will play humans first but also open up elf and orc city as soon as i have to start waiting for buildings and that just so its a bit more continious :)

Negthareas
04-10-2010, 07:38 PM
For me, elves will be my "apple of my eye" player, though much of my time will be spent on humans. As for orcs, I will dabble in them and see if their crudish, ugly, cunning but stupid, rancid abilities attract my attention further.
Sometimes I do enjoy being wicked.

Henry Martin
04-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised by the votes so far. I expect the Elves to have the most votes. But then agian humans are awesome, thats why I am one.

crispyg29
04-11-2010, 12:26 AM
i figured orcs would have more votes than that like humans and orcs would be closer togater

DarkMaster
04-11-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm surprised by the votes so far. I expect the Elves to have the most votes. But then agian humans are awesome, thats why I am one.
Let me correct you "slightly" - "Humans are awesome because I am one of them"

Daermoth
04-11-2010, 02:35 AM
The poll's quite unusual, people generally tend to pick the..alien, otherworldly things in games, such as elves or orcs here, not humans...I guess the developers really made them appealing:P

sumo0
04-11-2010, 03:32 AM
I think its kinda hard, as i will play humans first but also open up elf and orc city as soon as i have to start waiting for buildings and that just so its a bit more continious :)
true, me to are gonna be making cities with all 3, but i think that elves will be my main cuz of the magic. i just dont hope it will be all nature and wood lore with elves.

blackfang
04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
true, me to are gonna be making cities with all 3, but i think that elves will be my main cuz of the magic. i just dont hope it will be all nature and wood lore with elves.

so all you really want is blue fire then, can't blame ya its the only thing attracting about elves.

wills370
04-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Lol the elves seem cool so i said i would play them. If all else fails im going to play the humans however :)

I do like playing both so in the beta i will see which i prefer and suits my style of play the best. :)

Henry Martin
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Let me correct you "slightly" - "Humans are awesome because I am one of them"

Nope, I said it right the first time:).

Alex Walz
04-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Sure seems like we have more elves than this. ;)

Henry Martin
04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Sure seems like we have more elves than this. ;)

Seems we have some traitors:p. Shameful...

sneaky_squirrel
04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm going orcs :D.

blackfang
04-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Seems we have some traitors:p. Shameful...

no no you got it all wrong, this is how it should be said Seems we have some traitors:p. Woohoo you guys chose the right thing!!! Elves really can't stand up to humans and orcs:D

welshie
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
no no you got it all wrong, this is how it should be said Seems we have some traitors:p. Woohoo you guys chose the right thing!!! Elves really can't stand up to humans and orcs:D

'Humans and Orcs' there is only one thing wrong with that and its the orc bit, last time i checked orcs were still slacking with the elves, pwahh minor races think they can last with the elites, Pwahhh i say PWAHHHH!

Daermoth
04-12-2010, 05:02 AM
I've got a question, if nobody minds me asking..I've read somewhere that the elves are supposed to have the strongest walls, so my question is..why do they look like they're made out of paper compared to the human ones? Sure you can argue that they're built "better", but still..they're rather thin. Is there any magic involved in strengthening them?

DarkMaster
04-12-2010, 05:11 AM
I've read somewhere that the elves are supposed to have the strongest walls
Where was this info? I thought it was humans:(

Anyway, the closest I'll ever get to nonhuman races is a little trade with the elves, but that could change if dwarves get added.:D

Daermoth
04-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Where was this info? I thought it was humans:(

Anyway, the closest I'll ever get to nonhuman races is a little trade with the elves, but that could change if dwarves get added.:D

I believe it was an old thread, I just recently joined the forums but I kinda went through most of the threads in like..2 days, so it could've been quite an old one.

zach12wqasxz
04-12-2010, 08:38 AM
ya the elves are defensivly strong, while the orcs are more an offensive race, and the humans are an even mix, i bieleve

Yami-Yagari
04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Would definitely pick orcs:D have most versatile units

blackfang
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
i think someone counted wrong its not supposed to say 9 on the elven choices its supposed to say 0 right:confused:

Aametherar
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I'll be shocked if the races end up as even as the voting, I doubt it will but it'd be nice. In my experience in games with other races humans tend to have the majority of players. But they also tend to be hum...lacking in skill:rolleyes:

blackfang
04-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I'll be shocked if the races end up as even as the voting, I doubt it will but it'd be nice. In my experience in games with other races humans tend to have the majority of players. But they also tend to be hum...lacking in skill:rolleyes:

Pfft, quit your infidelity:mad: Everyone knows humans are the most skilled people in-game:D. Anyways thats just because everyone is comfortable with it, its not like you play orcs every day, so play humans and you get easier used to it...

welshie
04-13-2010, 05:30 AM
True humans do tend to get someof the less mentaly addaptive people, but they also tend to get generaly some of the best around. But ima just quote what someone said to me once.

'In a fantasy world why be human? your human now'

blackfang
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
'In a fantasy world why be human? your human now'

The humans in real life only plunder and kill mercilessly down in the middle east, in the fantasy world you can find other people then taliban shooting people... or killing people overall:p The reason to play humans in a fantasy game is, WHO THE F*** would not like to see their race superior. Just like if aliens invaded earth, do you want the aliens to win? So they can kill your family and leave undamaged. I think not, so people should play humans so they avoid stuff like that. Think about if your family is modded in this game, then would you play orcs and kill the villages they were in? Just asking:rolleyes:

welshie
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
The humans in real life only plunder and kill mercilessly down in the middle east, in the fantasy world you can find other people then taliban shooting people... or killing people overall:p The reason to play humans in a fantasy game is, WHO THE F*** would not like to see their race superior. Just like if aliens invaded earth, do you want the aliens to win? So they can kill your family and leave undamaged. I think not, so people should play humans so they avoid stuff like that. Think about if your family is modded in this game, then would you play orcs and kill the villages they were in? Just asking:rolleyes:

surly if you was aliens or another species then so would your family? its a fantasy world so your nothing and everything :) yeh ofc i would love us to win if aliens came and attacked but im human not alien. Fantasy has nothing to do (maybe a little) with real life \o/

Daermoth
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
People choose to play humans because its the most familiar and safe course of action:P

Puppeteer
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Or people love medieval castles, and the Humans have the most picturesque mills ever :p

nickson104
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Or people love medieval castles, and the Humans have the most picturesque mills ever :p

Motion seconded... :) In this game they have the most quaint startups ever :) Its lovely! :)

DarkMaster
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Motion thirded. Human lands are just so beautiful:rolleyes:

Alex Walz
04-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Wait till you see the orc homelands this week. :) Maybe not 'quaint' but altogether awesome and orcs can have huge homelands thanks to free building placement with huts constantly training new laborers or marauders.

DarkMaster
04-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Maybe not 'quaint'
But I LIKE quaint. With epic stronghold in the background, of course:D

Aametherar
04-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Wait till you see the orc homelands this week. :) Maybe not 'quaint' but altogether awesome and orcs can have huge homelands thanks to free building placement with huts constantly training new laborers or marauders.

Yes! This is the one i've been waiting for! It'll make it so much easier to plot before I get started! Of course getting started will be soon as well, but yes! :D

Yami-Yagari
04-15-2010, 02:24 AM
It´s probly just me, but the human lands kind of remind me of LOTR Universe.

You got Southmont, which kind of has the same principal as Mina Tirith with both being build at mountains.

you got The Rolling Plains, what is kind of like Rohan, along with hills and stuff.

and of course The Wold, which reminds me of where the Dúnedain settled in their long years of banishment.
it´s just me maybe, or this is a really big coincidence.

welshie
04-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Well tbh ur not going to get amazing archers up in the mountians, flat land is better to practice the bow. But in the mountians generaly there rich in ores and stone so strongholds there are blates guna be the best and the rolling plains suit the caverly styled armies look at where the mongols came from. Basicly this isnt just LOTR its common sence to have them like this.

Puppeteer
04-15-2010, 04:44 AM
But I LIKE quaint.
Yeah! (http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff3/farming.jpg)

wills370
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a fairly even system. I wonder if when you have mulitiple city's you could have them all running in seperate sections of the world. That would be pretty cool. could scout merc's from across the whole kkingdom and have yourself a mini empire.

nickson104
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah! (http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff3/farming.jpg)

or even This (http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/Weekly_21/12.jpg) :) :p

SvN
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
orcs for me. And then human. Elves have always seemed so girly to me:p

Negthareas
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, I see nothing girly about the elves - as for the orcs, they seem neither girly nor boyly... er... manly. The men can be both. It depends on the player.

Darathor
04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Well, I see nothing girly about the elves - as for the orcs, they seem neither girly nor boyly... er... manly. The men can be both. It depends on the player.

What if the orc player decided to be pink and and a frilly umbrella for his hero and his archers shot flowers? I think that would be girly.

But real orcs in-game I agree wouldn't really be manly, just plain savage. As for elves being girly, I don't see how being wicked with all weapons, deadly in battle, and periodically purging the weak can be seen as "girly."

nickson104
04-16-2010, 06:30 PM
What if the orc player decided to be pink and and a frilly umbrella for his hero and his archers shot flowers? I think that would be girly.

But real orcs in-game I agree wouldn't really be manly, just plain savage. As for elves being girly, I don't see how being wicked with all weapons, deadly in battle, and periodically purging the weak can be seen as "girly."

That would be awesome... :p

And yeah agreed... other than the elves... elves just seem a bit mehhhh :p

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I will probably go orcs since i'm a strategic person, I'm good at micromanaging my men and calculating the outcome. Orcs also have free-build, which will be really nice when making my massive fortresses of doom. Plus the gates are simply awesome.

blackfang
04-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I will probably go orcs since i'm a strategic person, I'm good at micromanaging my men and calculating the outcome. Orcs also have free-build, which will be really nice when making my massive fortresses of doom. Plus the gates are simply awesome.

think about it, orcs charge. Elves stand ground and humans evolve:D Who needs a strategic? the humans, if you like building stuff everywhere then the orcs should do just fine:D

Yami-Yagari
04-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Dunno, for some reason orcs seem more alluring to me, probly their colorfull personalities:p

blackfang
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Dunno, for some reason orcs seem more alluring to me, probly their colorfull personalities:p

... then you should wait for the undead, they should make your life sparkling with happy personalities and great people to socialize with:)

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Heh... ive always taken the approach of passive-aggressive...a.k.a defend then unleash... So ya Elves will be my main should i get a chance to get in ^^.

Always enjoyed defending in all the games I play... and in shooter games... im a predominant sniping camper... woo?

blackfang
05-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Heh... ive always taken the approach of passive-aggressive...a.k.a defend then unleash... So ya Elves will be my main should i get a chance to get in ^^.

Always enjoyed defending in all the games I play... and in shooter games... im a predominant sniping camper... woo?

you sound like me, however i got something i prefer before war. Economical expansion if i can do that then i can easily take over half the world in the time others use to build their first troops. Just check starcraft 2:D However i do play sniper whenever i can if its not seriously nerfed to "balance the game"

Yami-Yagari
05-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Yeah, nothing beats sniping people. :p
Die hard sniper in MW2, but something is just weird.
In most killcams, other snipers for some reason get an aim correction, even though they miss, while for some reason that doesn't apply for me. (though i hardly need it, i never miss :p)

blackfang
05-17-2010, 09:03 AM
pfft everyone miss when they have played for ten hours straight, i know since i missed one at that point:o

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
nerfed or not... if i dont have to move from my spot.. sign me up!
on another note... i never enjoyed economical expansion... always seemed like a chore to me...

blackfang
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
nerfed or not... if i dont have to move from my spot.. sign me up!
on another note... i never enjoyed economical expansion... always seemed like a chore to me...

economical expansion is SOO AWESOME you can afford units and structures other players can only dream of:D Its so fun:p

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 09:16 AM
ya ya... i know ive walked that part tooo... but it is a chore getting there without having some1 poke sharp sticks at you.. and you sometimes not having enough pointy sticks to poke back with.. since your too busy expanding...

blackfang
05-17-2010, 09:18 AM
ya ya... i know ive walked that part tooo... but it is a chore getting there without having some1 poke sharp sticks at you.. and you sometimes not having enough pointy sticks to poke back with.. since your too busy expanding...

Pfft in games like starcraft 2 all i do is expand and when the enemy comes with their superiorly overpowered air craft all i got is my puny defences. And about 4-10 bases along with tons of marines that all dies when noticed:( The aircraft there is overpowered but if not for that then i would've easily won every match:D

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 09:42 AM
never bothered for the beta of that game =\, star craft just didnt catch my eye... i was busy with the other console/pc releases during that time.

Daermoth
05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
I play in the exact same way as you two:P We should make a guild or something:P Or how would it be called in this game..conclave? Conglomerate?

Negthareas
05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Aha- I see that elves have overtaken orcs and are now encroaching upon the men.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Aha- I see that elves have overtaken orcs and are now encroaching upon the men.

.... i guess that makes sense... not alot of people can be good rushers =\ *cough*
hmmm sooner or later... they should make some forums splits and do the individual sects so we can get to know all the green wavers ^^

blackfang
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Everyone knows that the orcs are the best for defense... No don't even bother to argue my mind is set on the matter moving on:)

Yami-Yagari
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Everyone knows that the orcs are the best for defense... No don't even bother to argue my mind is set on the matter moving on:)

Hear Hear! :)

Negthareas
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Don't worry - I won't try to change your mind... just keep thiking that, and don't stop!

Ndition
05-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I will probably play as either Elves or Humans

Khan kreiger
06-23-2010, 07:10 AM
obviously ORCS!!!!

blackfang
06-23-2010, 05:19 PM
i want to make a human army as numerous as an orc army:)

Yami-Yagari
06-24-2010, 04:47 AM

Good luck with that.:p

Khan kreiger
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM

Nooo just join the orcs were better:D

blackfang
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I know how to make a human army as numerous as the orcs. Let the orc/human <> breeding begin! This will make a lot of ugly evil humans with numbers:D Human tech with orc numbers (the skills are close to non existant but anyways they make up for it with brave stupidity also they gots evil human weapons and armor inherited from their parents.)

szebus
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
There is no use to put with Orcs. They will crush each-other in their own tribal wars before we Humans will reach them and even if there will remain some orc parties... there are the elves who rather kill Orcs than humans. :p

leonardo88
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
crush each-other

Thats what humans actually do:D

Khan kreiger
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
There is no use to put with Orcs. They will crush each-other in their own tribal wars before we Humans will reach them and even if there will remain some orc parties... there are the elves who rather kill Orcs than humans. :p

nope not true. With a strong ruler for orcs we all will fall in place to his might-ness. The elves wouldnt come after us unless we did anythin the elves are calm wood folks while you humans would come just for the riches of us orcs in Brakental

Kaeleb
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Orcs : well in most Games are all about Open Savage Destruction . I don't mind picking an agressive race but i do mind the orcs since they have such a weak economy ( again in most games )

Elves : Very good race for hit and run , but once caught offguard or in an open area will probably be at a major disadvantage , Economy somewhat Stable .

Humans : Pretty advanced , especially on the economic level , and are very "bunker up and have a good economy" friendly .

So either the elves or the humans , Economy always come first .

Khan kreiger
06-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Orcs : well in most Games are all about Open Savage Destruction . I don't mind picking an agressive race but i do mind the orcs since they have such a weak economy ( again in most games )

Elves : Very good race for hit and run , but once caught offguard or in an open area will probably be at a major disadvantage , Economy somewhat Stable .

Humans : Pretty advanced , especially on the economic level , and are very "bunker up and have a good economy" friendly .

So either the elves or the humans , Economy always come first .

yes thats tru and all but in games its always fun to have a challeng....thats why i choose orcs and just because i like them. If i was in an enironment wit no hunting for foods i would make wargs and get meat off that even though they may not offer as much food but they also dont reguire food to make. To me the orcs have an interesting economy not a bad one.

Hanador
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Im gonna try all of em except elves :mad: of whom I hate after years of being accosted by them pointy eared freaks.
But most likely humans unless I can blitz with the orcs straight off the bat then I may play them more.

GPS51
07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I've always enjoyed playing as a hard rushing civ. My late game micro is nowhere near as good as my beginning micro. I plan to enjoy each of the civs. Then find one to love to play :)

FishMG
07-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Well, looks like the world will be filled with Orcs. Such a savage place.

I think I will be going with the Elves. They are a much more refined culture and fighter.

WilsonMG
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Either Elves or Humans for me. Leaning Humans right now because the tactics, formations, etc. are more my style although I have always had a thing for elves since I picked up my first Tolkien novel. Forgive my noobishness, but didn't I read somewhere that you could hire mercs? It would be pretty cool to have a Human empire and pick and choose some Elven units as mercs. I'd be more apt to play Elves if their army structure was more traditional (i.e. like Tolkien) and didn't rely on very many monster-type units. The Kraken, while cool, kinda tipped the scale for me. I'd rather fight naval battles with ships than with sea creatures and I don't think anyone wants to intentionally gimp themselves to RP or play a certain way.

Khan kreiger
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, looks like the world will be filled with Orcs. Such a savage place.

I think I will be going with the Elves. They are a much more refined culture and fighter.

noope it will be filled with humans and elves....i have a good feeling of it...but more the killings for us:p

Henry Martin
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Ultimately, I choose the...Dwarves.:D

Yami-Yagari
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Ultimately, I choose the...Dwarves.:D

Me too. Even if i would have to wait 6/7 months for the update/expansion :p

Blackfall234
07-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Orcs all the way :)
But the Humans look interesting.

Miclee
07-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Humans until dwarves arrive.

Khan kreiger
07-11-2010, 09:19 PM
wooo orcs took second:D

GeneralFredrik
08-19-2010, 01:25 AM
I will start as humans then as orcs and lastly, the elves.

blackfang
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
No loyality:(

Gruber12
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Humans all the way :D

The Black Knight
08-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Whatever is the least played race.

Ke$ha
08-25-2010, 12:22 AM
So, here's the earth, and there is the moon, if we follow a 360 degree rotation around the Axis of the Earth, we will find a hidden coven where the dark side of the moon pierces the veil of the Aurora Borealis, but only when the moon is full, deep within this coven, we find a secret and hidden race of elves, and lo and behold, Tolkien was right, they were here all along. This is why we play elves as the superior race. Heil to the forces of the night.

Peppovitch
08-25-2010, 03:06 AM
I usually like humans for their balanced attributes and tactical approach to things. Although i can't deny that the orcs look like they'd be a blast, I think that in the end, I will be human.

Alezzy
08-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Love the humans !!

blackfang
08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I bet most can agree with that, i bet very few of us would marry virtual orcs:D

hatakehia
08-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Ahhh I don't know I love the Orcs to death but since they released some information on the human units. The puney little humans are starting to grow on me :D

Henry Martin
08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
meh...not a fan of the orcs. I was going to play the humans first, but since I have been in the beta I've grown attached to the elves.

Valdir
08-30-2010, 09:35 AM
It's hard to choose between Humans and Elves. But i must admit that i can't resist to the human armor style :D

Pipouille
08-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Nothing is greater than Elves. And just to see those Ents..! just amazing !

GPS51
08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I've never seen/played a game where all 3 races were so much fun to play. They are intriguingly balanced. I look forward to hearing the races fighting it out across the wide lands.

sumo0
09-02-2010, 04:55 AM
i must tsay that im surprised that humans take up almost 50% of the votes:P
in my mind elves or orcs have always been favoured over humans^^

Kyzarin
11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
lol looks like majority humans. I've always been a fan of elves, and I'm not going to change with this game, although I will try out the other races.

I think a lot of the people who are into fantasy tend to go with non-human races, but there are probably also a lot of non-fantasy types who will naturally tend to pick humans. (This is by no means an expert opinion, just my take on the matter)

SilverLeaf
11-06-2010, 03:24 AM
elves ftw :D
However I too wish to start a semi-hardcore pvp guild therefore it may be a good idea to go human...

Espadachim
11-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I wish to scream all the info to you guys, but doing so would violate the NDA, so I'm only going to tell that all 3 are helluva cool.

SilverLeaf
11-07-2010, 12:52 AM
well I'm pretty sure proclaiming to all you're in the beta is also against the NDA :D

So... what I suppose you can tell us is if it looks good enough to be released? I mean, if half the stuff is broken, obviously it won't be a 2010 release.

nickson104
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I wish to scream all the info to you guys, but doing so would violate the NDA, so I'm only going to tell that all 3 are helluva cool.

Each in their own way :) And that was a given :p

well I'm pretty sure proclaiming to all you're in the beta is also against the NDA :D

So... what I suppose you can tell us is if it looks good enough to be released? I mean, if half the stuff is broken, obviously it won't be a 2010 release.

If you have been in forums a while, or trawl through old posts its easy to guess who is in beta. Do your homework and you may see :)

And no he cannot tell you anything, against NDA. Oh how I love to see everyone else in the same situation of frustration as me when they dont know how its faring :D

Espadachim
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Let's say that the testers know X things about a Y amount of the game. I guess that's an accurate description. :D

SilverLeaf
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah in general I don't see the point about NDAs as if it is THAT bad, news will leak anyway. However there is almost no transparency in most if not all games these days.

nickson104
11-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah in general I don't see the point about NDAs as if it is THAT bad, news will leak anyway. However there is almost no transparency in most if not all games these days.

Its mostly so big secrets cant be given away or other developers can capitalise on the ideas in a game before said game is even published. It is quite important, and yes, there will be some leakage, but it is best kept to a minimum

Taunaic
11-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I love defense, as well as the strong in this case is Human, only means for them!.. :cool:

Altastico
11-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Humans, to begin with anyway. Anything but elves, I hate elves.

Smerf
11-27-2010, 07:10 AM
I think I choose orcs, but I am not sure.

tim1983
11-27-2010, 07:58 AM
think im choosing humans, because i love the architecture of the castles and houses

evilwithin
11-27-2010, 12:35 PM
will start with humans and them make my secound city elves as toy can have more then one city.. i think

Jack
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
only with that race you choose
you can have multiple citys of one race
but you aslo have 3 slots i think where you can choose your race and stuff
but you cant have with one save difrent races
as far as i know:p

Vigilus
11-28-2010, 12:35 AM
This game is what World of Warcraft SHOULD have been like. I rolled an alliance character, so i would choose ORCS! For the horde! :)

Jeremiah87
11-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Humans definatly from habit :)

Toth
11-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Either Orks, i'm an agressive player or Elves, because I'm not a big fan of Ork looks and the elves magic looks interesting.

jleem21
11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I'd play as the Orcs..Then whenever I'm tired of them, Humans...Elves? ...Ehhh

raizun
11-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I will most likely go Human, just because I always do in a setting like this, then I go from there, choosing to take a different race to build up in.

atom11
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I will start as orc, becoes I like more atacking than defending so maybe they are for me best

BraveHeart
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I am going elves because they rule! hehe their units their walls their area's it just pwns! Cant wait to have my first groop of sentries patrol the border of my camp!

Greetz Brave

huso80tr
12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
i will choose humans,forever

Boomshaker
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Probably elves, couse I'am a vegan

Tenebrion
12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Going with the tried and true humans.

irascor
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
i think i would go with Humans but if Dragons or Dwarfs were in the game i would go for them

Alex Walz
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Really surprised there aren't more fellow orcs. :cool:

Katana
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Probably elves tbh

Karamelgemini90
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Elves; ive always been an elf at heart, and watching lord of the rings didnt help either! lol

other then that ill be human; Orcs arent really a choice for me!

Gr4Ss
12-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Probably going to get an elf, just cause I'm always one.

LordShaden
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Definetly Elven, I'm totally for the Lore for them so far. However Orcs are pretty slick aswell, I'm surprised they have the lowest votecount!

zudalu
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I have always like playing eleves

s8man888
12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Humans, definitely humans.

LiTos456
12-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I have always like playing eleves

Eleves means girls in french.

Therefore I lol'd reading your post. :)

Gr4Ss
12-04-2010, 06:53 PM
As far as I know French (which isn't very much but enough) élèves means pupils and not girls. But I can be wrong.

doomdoom24
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Humans all the way. Or undead if they make that race.

Trifler
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I'll probably check out the Elves first, but I'll be trying them all at some point! :)

efz88
12-04-2010, 10:29 PM
This is not a question, orks

DeusVult
12-04-2010, 10:50 PM
definitly i'll try all races

theangel04
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
i voted elves since I believe humans will be the most balanced while elves and dwarves probably two extremes with various boosts and minuses. I usually prefer such races

illicit87
12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
The Orcish horde seems outnumbered.... We must band together!

Lord_Itzalak
12-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I would play elves first. Drakes could eventually interest me I think.

Here is my question though...if we can have up to four cities...what happens when expansions come out if we already have four cities? It's probably very hypothetical at this point, but if we can still only have four cities, I'm hoping I'd be able to delete one to use one of those new races, or maybe we'll get a bonus city slot. Who knows.

ZuluDawn
12-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Definitely Human!

Gwydion
12-04-2010, 11:55 PM
4 city slots..... so humans first to get the training wheels off then ORCS WAAAAAGH (ehem sorry) then elfs.

ryuujin
12-05-2010, 04:17 AM
i'll start with human first then try other races after im familiar with the game :D

yneternum
12-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Humans as usual ^^

Benighted
12-05-2010, 05:40 AM
i might go for the Orcs with the 1st city. But would take into consideration the features of the three races when entering the game to have the final decision

Polan
12-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Human I think. Or elves. Never really liked orcs.

haski12
12-05-2010, 07:07 AM
I think I´ll play the elves beacause of their marine units.The kraken look nice^^

Nimlot
12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Probably elves, couse I'am a vegan

LOL! good reason

I really like the orc concept in this game so i will probobly play them the most. But i will know more for sure when the game comes out i guess what suits my playstyle :)

I like ambushes and stuff like that too, which could mean elfs are my type of play, i guess i will try out all races abit to see what i am at heart :)

sania2
12-05-2010, 08:58 AM
also elves, cuz their formation mechanix are uncommon.

Asatru
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Elfs because treants will rock my world in this game :P

Farseer_Arien
12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
so going elves just the kinda of person i am. :)

Damnedghost
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna take the orcs first because I'm al for the nomads and sheer numbers thing.

silidur
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I know how to make a human army as numerous as the orcs. Let the orc/human breeding begin! This will make a lot of ugly evil humans with numbers Human tech with orc numbers (the skills are close to non existant but anyways they make up for it with brave stupidity also they gots evil human weapons and armor inherited from their parents.).

Valhalla
12-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Humans, naturally.

whitewing91
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I still wish they kept the dragons as a race :(

-Sigma-
12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I would like to start as humans, just the feel of the game. Also itd be similar to AoE ect so itd be good for a start. Id most likely stick as them also as their strongholds look fair awesome

Bier_Kanonier
12-06-2010, 03:09 AM
I will start as orc, and there will be no mercy for elves:D

QuartZ
12-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I'll play orcs just because Humans are so ... normal, if You know what i mean, and elves are so sugar sweet and sexy whatever in every fantasy book/game that i really just wwant to slay them all, cause i really had enough of all the "elf stuff" XD

Emrus
12-06-2010, 04:33 AM
imma go with Humans, umm nice troops combo we have there.:D

still hard to decide you know;)

Fangg
12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
I still wish they kept the dragons as a race :(

Did they say they might bring in the Dragons in a upgrading of the game??

Fruziek
12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
i would most likley chuse humans if i am acepted.

onafets
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Orcs! all the way! ORCS! :D

Jason Dennic
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm a defense type a guy so I have to say Elves all the way for my first city anyhow.

SilverLeaf
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
lol im going elf too but dont understand how they are better at def? Is it cos they rely heavily on ranged?

jambon99
12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Orc are the best...

jambon99
12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Anyone want to be my buddy, I need to get contacts... :)

Jason Dennic
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM
lol im going elf too but dont understand how they are better at def? Is it cos they rely heavily on ranged?

From what I've read, they're the best at defense because they have the best archers and the strongest walls.

Alezzy
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Humans ..because i dont like unnatural stuff

Vimous
12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Without a doubt i will be playing the elves. i have been a fan of elves for as long as I can remember. I have even wished at times that if i could be rebirthed. It would be an elf. Regardless of that... I was a bit surprised when I heard elves were gonna have a strong defense. I figured they would be a race that had a strong offense based on quick movement. But w/e, I can change my battle styles for the race I love.

Naivedo
12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Out of the three, I would have to say Elves would be my favorite. If I can't choose from a more dark race, I always go for the Elves. Not that their is anything wrong with Humans or Orcs. I am more of a green mana person when it comes to magic. ;)

Vasito
12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Humans will be my main and then Ill build a Mighty Elven Empire!

Cathorian
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
strongest walls, archers, and magic? Without a doubt im going elf

gnoss
01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
im sooo going for the elves, its something about the majestic immortal creatures that attracts me to them in every game!

Cathorian
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
if it werent for the poll it seems like everyone is going elf!

Hyroshi
01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
For the swarm... Errr green swarm. :)

Zorander
01-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I usually like humans for their balanced attributes and tactical approach to things. Although i can't deny that the orcs look like they'd be a blast, I think that in the end, I will be human.

I agree, when starting out i think picking out a race that kinda has a balance in all things would be a better learning experience. Once you have a feel of the game and your play tactic then i think you can begin to choose a race that suits your play style.

Hans
01-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Starting with Men - Later i think i going for Orks first, than Elves !

reddot
01-20-2011, 02:30 AM
i usually would choose a dwarf race if possible, but out of the three of those options i think i would go for the Elf´s as i do like ranged/stealthy species also... but dwarfs i like most becouse of theyr beards, drinking and warrior type of people...

valodimer
01-20-2011, 02:46 AM
definitely ORc, jump in chop chop chop ^^

Daraim
01-20-2011, 02:47 AM
hink I'm going to play as Human and maybe later I will play as Elves...

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Normally I always play humans in many fantasy games but since this game is "special" with its open world environment, I think I will stick to Orcs!

As I´m an agressive player in RTS games, I want to conquer and make warfare fast and hope that Orcs will contribute to my will to expand greatly :D

Elves are to fragile for me but for sure also an interesting choice for more defensive playing style.

Toven
01-20-2011, 04:06 AM
I'll be going humans. Why? I just like their buildings more.

krichard
01-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Human as well.

ceronor298
01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Elves because most likely humans and orcs won't take notice of the elves hiding in their forest, so once they attack eachother Elves will destroy them both.

RaZiel
01-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Elves for sure!!!

pkdavid
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
I take all time Humans, because i like break orcs :)

aftershockzap
01-20-2011, 08:08 AM
To start with I will probably play human, but no doubt I will switch it up after a while :D

Seroni
01-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I say Elves, Who dosn't want to fight with crazy pointed ear people that can fire an arrow a mile away?:D

Rycon
01-20-2011, 08:44 AM
I always go humans in an rts game.

GPS51
01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Where's the love for the orcs??MESAGONNRENADA ahem...little orcish for y'all.

DirtEaterr
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Why i chouse humans? Because humans is my faworite race in all games! ^^

nobby
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Whys everyone go for the umies!

Gotta play em all and find what one suits ya best

kryptz
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Humans, definitely have been an all time favourite for me.

Dreadnought
01-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Well, boring though it may be I will go with humans first, mainly because I love to battle with the Orcs.
However if there is a general imbalance on a server will this affect gameplay in anyway? I assume we will be warring with our own race anyway>

GoGoCactusMan!
01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I always tend to be Humans. Their play style always seems to hit the right balance for me. Plus, if I ever get a guild going, for the thing I want to start I have to be Human.

Devilmoon
01-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Orcs. For the horde!

Refleax
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
It's either Humans or Orcs, depending on what I like when I actually get to try out the game.

Webi
01-20-2011, 11:22 AM
I think of Orcs or Elves. I hardly await for Beta.

edueduedu93
01-20-2011, 11:25 AM
orcs of course

olane123
01-20-2011, 11:43 AM
if its between these three i would go with the elves simply because they've had a hard time loosing their imortality and are the underdogs i would also choose them because in a seige i would want the best archers possible ripping lose a volly of arrows into the hordes of orcs or humans

Dameeda
01-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Orcs!! Always have been my favourite in all strategy game for their roughness! :D

ladyelysium
01-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Orrrrrrc :d

Berd
01-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Orcs all the way!!!

dverity
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I just like playing elves usually anyway, but with them having strongest defenses and range I would think they are going to be tough to beat.

Alex Walz
01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice to see it's evening up. The Orcs and Elves are great factions that we'll look into closer with the next two Fantasy Fridays.

Ichigo
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Right now I am leaning towards human, which I don't normally do, but given what I know of the races, I think I like the variety offered by humans as it stands now. Have no idea on what homeland. I guess eventually I would like to try them all out.

Cathorian
01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
im surprised more people aren't going orc... the loot and carnage sounds like fun :D

Piaskowy
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm 101% im up for Humans, bad feeling for Orcs, Elves...to dark for me....

Chaoticuss
01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Well I'm very interested in trying the human race, but according to the numbers are a large majority of the other people, I hope it doesn't turn into a giant all out war.

Cathorian
01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
if elves are the best at defense, how come its the humans that get double layered heavy walls?

nailsnchains
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Will definitely start as orc!

Smithy
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
humans for me... Dont want no pointy ears or green skin :P

Fineas
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Human, the king must be human !

tomche
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Elves all the way

bishopgunn
01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
lol always choose elves.

Braindawg
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Hmm orcs first then humans and then elves. then depending which one i like the most will tell me where to go from there.

Wyzak
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
I've always been a fan of elves.... I hope that there will be some customization options available. Would be a bit bland if all elves were exactly the same... I haven't read through all the documents, but has anybody maybe stumbled onto something which would suggest that you almost have a tech-tree for your race (to customize)?

Lazoraz
01-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Only three races? Before you say anything I'm not complaining or anything :P But I like a lot of options :P But what if they added in more? Do they plan on adding in more? From these three I would pick Orc.

Chubby
01-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Elves - for their arrogancy.

Zabu
01-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Well for now i still don't know. I think i'll test all of them before taking the final choice. It's better to test the gameplay/balance/etc... Before really knowing what to choose :D

Kashindo
01-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Humans interest me the most, but of course i'll try all fractions.

skyhouse71
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I will probably play humans first. I usually play them first in games because I am one... unless the dwarf race is availalbe; I just like playing as a tough axe weilding dwarf.

TriggerHappyNDB
01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised to find that Elves are second to Orcs thus far--most of the threads I've read have more people talking about how they plan to be a human and destroy those nasty orcs or plan to be orcs and devour the carcasses of their human enemies.

Maybe Elves are the silent types...?

I've played defensively in RTS games historically, which is probably half of the reason I've always been terrible; most games will actually reward the proactive gaming style far more than the reserved, turtling style. I'm happy to see that DoF looks like it may very well be capable of balancing the defensive playstyle and helping those players be successful with that method.

That said, I'll be playing elves until we can get a little bit of dwarf representation in a future expac!

LiTos456
01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Elves for now, but once dwarves are out I'm switching, lol.

Commiekaze
01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I always like to chose the side with a smaller pop so I would go with the Orcs, most likely. Plus, cmon, they are orcs. I make it a habit to never chose the most human race in a game (recently with Dawn of War 2 and SC2, for example, went with the Nyds and Zerg).

Falgorn
01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
First will be probably Elven race, I always like play and fight on distanse. But i think i try all three race :)

Rhino
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I honesty do not have a clue which race I will be playing since I haven't looked into much depth about each race. Most likely though I will be inclined to be playing as a human since that is what I am used too and it will be probably the most balanced race in my opinion.

kingdominic
01-22-2011, 01:34 PM
if i get accept for the beta i like to play as Elves since they alway been my favorite race to play as.

boiky
01-22-2011, 02:27 PM
orcs i want to try
want to try something not usual n ugly lol
just like wow

matt194u2002
01-22-2011, 02:31 PM
i picked humans but i think im going to have to change my mind and go with orcs because they r lonely and nobody wants to play them lol. i like to be different

Gamerfett
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Gotta be the orcs