PDA

View Full Version : factions

sumo0
04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
i was thinking, will the factions be battling each other, or will i be able to be elves and my friend be humans and still be able to work together as a guild or group?

Kire
04-08-2010, 04:37 AM
i was thinking, will the factions be battling each other, or will i be able to be elves and my friend be humans and still be able to work together as a guild or group?

I think you could, tho also elves or humans battle between themselves so ... (aka civil war).

Negthareas
04-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Hmm. I think that there are no set limits for interaction between the races, but I think these few things make sense:

-There may not be inter-racial guilds, For obvious reasons.
-There will not be interacial vassal-hood [eg. an elf will never be under the thumb of the human king, rather, it will be the elf king]

But besides that, races can fight or ally with each other, or even fight amongst themselves [within their own race].

Darathor
04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
All the factions can choose to fight any faction, even their own faction. No idea as to who exactly you can guild with or not. I strongly suspect that there will be quests that are exclusively for your race, and then some for any and every race.

If I'm an elf, I can attack other elves or orcs or humans.

GPS51
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Neg would it be possible to have rouge guilds with mixed factions? Or even bandit guilds with a wide mix of factions and er "scruples".

sumo0
04-09-2010, 02:21 AM
i would hope that it will be possible to have a guild made of different factions, so that not all my friends will have to play elves or humans.
it would make attacking so much more versatile if combining lets say and elf and a orc army, so we have the brute force combined with lots of magic.

Aametherar
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Shoot my own orcs battle each other over who gets to eat the corpse and other silly things in the middle of fighting someone else. That being said they would still never align with human or elven scum.

GPS51
04-09-2010, 10:45 AM
My elves will need someone to dig ditches and pound the ground...how about a few low brained orcs ??? No references to any one on the forum of course.

Negthareas
04-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Neg would it be possible to have rouge guilds with mixed factions? Or even bandit guilds with a wide mix of factions and er "scruples".

Well - that was an assumption on my part - I was just thinking that, while there may be limited trade between the races, besides that and war I though races would keep more to themselves. I guess I have a hard time seeing the races cooperate [at least in reality, not in gaming] to achieve anything.

Though, of course, I am sure there will be some inter-racial guilds allowed.

GPS51
04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh I thought you were talking about the gaming realm. Yeah as far as RL I doubt the races mix much at all. But when it comes to gaming...it's no holds barred.

Kire
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
There are not all elves/humans/orc (not sure for last one =P) evil/bloodthirsty/unfriendly, so there should be possibility to ally anyone you want (and that both have enough brains to do that .... *cough*not orcs*cough*).
But on other hand ..... there should also be some global battles between rases, where different rases could not be together.
...just my thinking

Darathor
04-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh I thought you were talking about the gaming realm. Yeah as far as RL I doubt the races mix much at all. But when it comes to gaming...it's no holds barred.

Speaking about how the races interact with each other, I think it would be a kill-on-sight sort of thing. They all don't like each other quite a bit, so they wouldn't have any guilt about killing every single non-elf/human/orc.

In terms of cooperation with each other, elves and humans might do a very small amount of trade, or group together to kill orcs once in a while, but that's is the farthest I can see them going.

Negthareas
04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
That was more my line of thought. There should be a server on the MMORTS dedicated to between race wars.

GPS51
04-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't forget the server dedicated to clan wars too. Can't forget them...

wills370
04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Hmm i think it would still be good to have that interaction where diffrent races can coplay as there are turn coats in every war. For example my friend may wish to play human. And i may wish to play elves. (can we still play together? I would like to think so. Otherwise there is a large void where freinds can not play together. And only battle simply because of there chosen playing style and the race that they wish to play.

blackfang
04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
how about this, this is a fantasy game... If you really want it you can have humans and dragons mating, or dwarfs and elves living together... Its fantasy everything is possible:D

Henry Martin
04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
you can have humans and dragons mating

Interesting....I would pay to see that. Yes I would pay:eek:.

blackfang
04-11-2010, 01:31 PM
pay what? I would pay to see you pay:rolleyes:

TheLastRebel07
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
i cant wait to play the game gona have a awsome time as the elves Archers FTW

Kyzarin
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm guessing it'll be similar to the other MMO(RPG) games I've played, allowing any faction to ally and form a guild with any other. I'm certainly hoping this is the case. I'll most likely be playing as elves, and I don't want my interactions with my friends to be limited if they play as humans or orcs. At this point I guess we just have to wait and see.

Toth
11-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Elves, Humans, Orks, all won't mean ingame, apart from any game features. Some people might roleplay and only attack Orks as elves, but most people will ally and fight whoever they want, whenever they want.

I hope there will be a minimum of ingame features/restrictions to attacking players. Attacking NPCs from your own faction however should perhaps have some sort of penalty, or perhaps brand you a traitor and will trigger NPCs from your own faction to attack you.

srpiccoro
11-20-2010, 05:55 AM
I'd like to prpose a guild of slavers, it is amixed faction which all of the benefits of the other factions, but has a chance of uprising depending on the quantity of soldiers in state, all in favor?

N3V312M0123
11-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I think Toth is right. People into roleplaying may stick to attacking only certain factions, but everyone else will attack whoever they can profit from

Berd
01-20-2011, 12:06 PM
If I was orc I would not wanna battle along side humans : P

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
This is why it'd probably be useful to join RP guilds. Groups are stronger than individuals.

Jolleyboy
01-20-2011, 11:32 PM
We've got a whole world to play in... I'm sure that relationships between the races will vary wildly depending on what part of the world you reside in... If we are going to rp this out, it shouldn't be too hard to find a part of the world that matches your perspective as far as interaction with other races is concerned.

thanius
01-21-2011, 03:56 AM
What carecter of each factions?