PDA

View Full Version : The Last Airbender

DarkMaster
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
lastairbendermovie.com

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a BIG fan of the TV series and am REALLY hyped about this movie. It's gotta be #1 on my "anticipation list":D . No matter what people keep saying, I for one think it will be an awesome movie. It won't be an epic fail of an adaptation like some. *cough*Eragon*cough*

Henry Martin
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah I was a big fan of the series too. I am going to see this when it comes out. I hope M.Night Shyamalan does a good job(he better).

Kire
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Yea looks nice, i hope it wont be an annoying kid movie pwning everyone around (or should say children saving the world from ultra evil power), it gets annoying, sometimes ..... all the times?
There was TV series about this one? Huh never heard it, i guess.
And Hobbit anyone 2011? How could that be your number one anticipation compared to this?=)

The Witch King of Angmar
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I love the TV series but I'm a little skeptic about going to see the movie. How are they going to sum up the series in a movie? That's quite a bit of info. to even condense into a couple hours.

Thanks

Negthareas
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Well - Eragon was an epic fail because they left the book's script. If they had followed it closely, it would have been a much better movie - [showing Galbatorix - what were they thingking? Part of the reason why he is scary is because no buddy knows what he looks like]

I am looking forward to the hobbit. It will be interesting to see how they take the children's story and turn it into a movie for all audiences.

The airbender looks like it holds great promise. However, I am worried about the plot. Without plot everything falls apart no matter how big the armies are, how magical the main characters, how beautiful the women, or how awesome the special effects [the one exception was Avatar - it was decent or good in my opinion because the superb special effects somewhat made up for a cliche plot]. If the airbender can avoid those errors, it will be epic. And if it avoids errors because it was a tv show.

Henry Martin
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Maybe it will be broken up into a trilogy. The first movie is about the first book, second movie book 2, third movie book 3.

That would be the only way for the series to be summed up decently.

The series is amazing and I hope the moives doesn't f@#$ it up.

DarkMaster
03-29-2010, 11:47 PM
And Hobbit anyone 2011? How could that be your number one anticipation compared to this?=)
Well, #1 in my "COMING SOON" anticipation list

I love the TV series but I'm a little skeptic about going to see the movie. How are they going to sum up the series in a movie? That's quite a bit of info. to even condense into a couple hours.

Maybe it will be broken up into a trilogy. The first movie is about the first book, second movie book 2, third movie book 3.

Yep, it's gonna be a trilogy, and they're saying that unless the movie fails epicly, they are definitely gonna make the next two:D

There was TV series about this one? Huh never heard it, i guess.
You've never heard of Avatar: The Last Airbender (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender)? It's like the best cartoon ever.

The airbender looks like it holds great promise. However, I am worried about the plot. Without plot everything falls apart no matter how big the armies are, how magical the main characters, how beautiful the women, or how awesome the special effects [the one exception was Avatar - it was decent or good in my opinion because the superb special effects somewhat made up for a cliche plot]. If the airbender can avoid those errors, it will be epic. And if it avoids errors because it was a tv show.
For the record, even though the plot of [James Cameron's] Avatar was cliche, I still loved everything about this movie:D . That aside, the cartoon has a great plot, so as long as the film stays true to it, it should be great:D .

Yeah I was a big fan of the series too. I am going to see this when it comes out. I hope M.Night Shyamalan does a good job(he better).
Greetings, fellow Avatard! Anyway, I reckon M. Night will do a great job. Simply because HE IS A FAN! Unlike the guy who directed Eragon, whose name I refuse to even mention. I remember listening to his audio commentary, and he was like "I got rid of the Urgals' horns because i wanted to be different". Hullo? The whole idea with Urgals is that THEY HAVE HORNS. If they don't, they're not Urgals! (hmm I'm getting a bit rantish here, huh?:o )

Well. I've never used quotes in a forum so much:p . So far my only quibble about this movie is that it comes to Australia in September:mad:

Darathor
03-31-2010, 07:52 AM
I really liked that series, I heard there was a movie coming out for it and was hoping that it would be good, but I have some doubts about how the series can be translated to the movie theater.

wills370
03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Looking at the movie trailor it looks asiff they have a pretty serious child playing the role. So i think that always helps. Aslong as they dont have him trying to be to terminator style and dont make cheap jokesthe whole way through it has a fair chance. It looks darker then a usual kieds movie so that should help too,

sneaky_squirrel
03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
I thought I was the only one hyped about this movie (Saw the trailer on Yahoo last year).

I am hoping for epic bending scenes.

DarkMaster
03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow, more people are interested than I thought:D . If you want a TON of extra info (and more traliers!) you can find it here (www.lastairbenderfans.com) (just browse through the news)

Rubenrobbie2
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't really quite enjoy ATLA, but seriously?! Fire coming out of your hands? Blowing makes people fly?! Kinda a wierd cartoon.
Incase you don't know what ATLA stands for look below
The
Last
Airbender

DarkMaster
04-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't really quite enjoy ATLA, but seriously?! Fire coming out of your hands? Blowing makes people fly?! Kinda a wierd cartoon.
Gee, people with pointy ears is also kinda wierd, so why are you even on these forums? But seriously, if you had the chance to be able to manipulate one of the elements, would you reject it because it's wierd?

People NEED to check out the *new* new trailer. It's possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The bending is just amazing! Just look for trailer 4 on Youtube. Can't be bothered linking right now. Possibly later *yawn*.

Yami-Yagari
04-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I loved the series, and looking at the trailer, this movie looks more promising then that other movie based on great anime DRagon Ball Evolution:mad: .

Thanks

So far, the trailer seems to be purely based on the first season, so theyr probably going to split it up in 4 movies, 1 season each.

Negthareas
05-01-2010, 02:32 PM
New trailer explains things a little better - I really look forward to the theater date.

DarkMaster
05-01-2010, 09:42 PM
So far, the trailer seems to be purely based on the first season, so theyr probably going to split it up in 4 movies, 1 season each.
As I said before, this is going to be a trilogy - one movie for each season:)

New trailer explains things a little better - I really look forward to the theater date.
If I remember correctly, it will be July 2nd pretty much everywhere except down here in Oz. Why oh why is it September for Australia + NZ?:mad:

EDIT: Click here here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgaVe19zs8) for the new trailer and the reason you were born :p

DarkMaster
06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Just been announced that The Last Airbender will be PG. Would have been cool if it was at least PG13, but I'm still gonna watch it anyway.:D

Henry Martin
06-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Just been announced that The Last Airbender will be PG. Would have been cool if it was at least PG13, but I'm still gonna watch it anyway.:D

Would have been better if it was rated R. See katara make an ice cycle go through a firebenders head:D. Or Toph crushing a firebender with her earthbending and blood goes everywhere.

sneaky_squirrel
06-19-2010, 06:42 PM
It would be best if it were rated BE (Bad for Everyone).

Khan kreiger
06-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Im going to see this with my girlfriend July 2!!! cant wait loved the show and i hope i love the movie:D

DarkMaster
06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Would have been better if it was rated R. See katara make an ice cycle go through a firebenders head. Or Toph crushing a firebender with her earthbending and blood goes everywhere
I disagree. Part of the reason the series was so successful is that it never took itself too seriously. It was always at least partly light-hearted (though less so in the last episodes). Besides, the target audience is the same as the series - kids.

Perhaps by the final movie it might even reach M (earthbending can get pretty painful sometimes). But for now, PG/PG13 is good.

It would be best if it were rated BE (Bad for Everyone).
What are you trying to say here? If you don't like ATLA, you don't have to post here.

Again, can't say how excited I am for this movie:)

Henry Martin
06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
I disagree. Part of the reason the series was so successful is that it never took itself too seriously. It was always at least partly light-hearted (though less so in the last episodes). Besides, the target audience is the same as the series - kids.

Perhaps by the final movie it might even reach M (earthbending can get pretty painful sometimes). But for now, PG/PG13 is good.

I meant that as a joke. I am a big fan of the series (I'm about to start watching it again). I don't mind the rating, I just hope they present the story and the characters well.

One thing, mostly don't take what I say serious. I just like to say random s*&t for fun.

DarkMaster
06-20-2010, 02:48 AM
I don't mind the rating, I just hope they present the story and the characters well.

Amen to that;)

One thing, mostly don't take what I say serious. I just like to say random s*&t for fun.
I'll keep that in mind.:p

zach12wqasxz
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I watched the movie, very good, except some of the acting wasnt the greatest in the entire world, but most were, and a couple of the characters i wouldnt of chosen, but thats my personal opinion, definatly worth going to the theatre to see, oh and freakin amazing effects, especially the water efects, i was impressed wiht those

FishMG
07-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I can not say that I have ever watched the series or read the books. I saw the previews and looked interesting.

I went to watch the movie and I think they did a pretty good job of it. The effects were well done. Looks like it should be a good set of movies if the following follow format.

zach12wqasxz
07-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I can not say that I have ever watched the series or read the books. I saw the previews and looked interesting.

I went to watch the movie and I think they did a pretty good job of it. The effects were well done. Looks like it should be a good set of movies if the following follow format.

ya i think the sequels will be good

and they surprisingly stuck to the actual story of the cartoon series, ofc they had to leave some stuff out, but that got most of the important stuff in

macrylinda
08-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Well - Eragon was an epic fail because they left the book's script. If they had followed it closely, it would have been a much better movie - [showing Galbatorix - what were they thingking? Part of the reason why he is scary is because no buddy knows what he looks like]

I am looking forward to the hobbit. It will be interesting to see how they take the children's story and turn it into a movie for all audiences.

That would be the only way for the series to be summed up decently.

The series is amazing and I hope the moives doesn't f@#$ it up.

Kire
08-13-2010, 06:22 AM
I watched this movie few days ago and it was quite ok. The only thing that bugged me were some strange, stupid and unrealistic dialogs between character and that girl (watterbender-forgot name) bugged main character ALL the time x.x (like calling his name all the time while he tries to do some things.... )-that was beyond bearable to watch and hear =). I havent seen cartoons or book so cant comment on that.
What about you ppl, liked it?

Supreme
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM
What I always hear about Eragon that if you have read the book you think it sucked and if you havent (and like the genre) its an ok-movie.

I thought it was an ok movie.

tivin123
02-06-2011, 02:34 AM
In my opinion, anime is better than the movie. Movie is too slow, but special effects are nice :p

MacNtoShi
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I've liked the effects, but i prefer the anime, and wtf happened to zuco uncle? he's too young x=
And his father hair have been cut?

Dolas
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The movie was pretty good...although I would have rather seen the water Godzilla wrecking all the boats at the end instead of the giant wave :P

Eomyn
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Was like 90% of Anime/Comic adaptions... crappy as hell, although the effects were good.

lesleyt
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
To bad the movie sucks :( it could have been such a great movie... if it only was more like the action from Ninja Assassin but then with magic of coursse :P

R.I.P. Aang

b1tsn1ff3r
02-12-2011, 09:38 PM
very good show! i love it, to bad it ended to soon!

Kaos90
02-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Movie was disappointing except for effects.

Folsom
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Weak movie, unlikely they'll get funding for the next three parts anytime soon.