PDA

View Full Version : Large troops figures

GPS51
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
So can the monster/bigger troops fit on the walls or will they only be able to sit behind the walls and wait for the fight to come to them? I'd love to through back an attacking force with several lvled up ogres on the walls :)

Negthareas
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Or mounted units for example. Though I think Treants will be out of the question.

DarkMaster
03-24-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think you should be able to do this. It just doesn't make sense. Besides, it looks wierd:(

Kire
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
The other question would be how do treants get out of your stronghold since usually buildings, that make units, are inside and gates arent so big... =). And personally i dont think ogers would be much problem, if on walls. Well for mounted units would look kinda silly on walls but it would be possible i guess =).

GPS51
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Well mounted units can unmount right? I think it's one of the neater features of DoF. So they should haven't any trouble climbing the walls minus their mount. As for the monster type units I don't know. Also do we know if the men get any kind of monster units besides mercs?

wills370
03-25-2010, 07:19 AM
No i dont beleive men do they just have calvery archers crossbow and lances etc. Although they probably have counters for monstors etc.

SvN
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Ogres on top of the walls can be seen here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580

Negthareas
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, glad we figured out about the ogres. But - especially for men and elves, the "stairways" [more like ramps] leading to the walls seem gradual enough for horse to ride up. Though I do admit, it would look weird.

GPS51
03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
I like how the tops of the wall actually look wide enough to walk 2 abreast on. I mean how many walls look like cliff ledge wide? My ogres wouldn't stand a chance. They have no sense of balance. Just of bashing things.

welshie
03-26-2010, 02:07 AM
I dont see a problem if the walls are big enough to support them then whats the point, but caverly on walls what advantage would that give? Your horses would be to scared to charge because of the drop and that, and also you wouldnt be able to reach people scaling the walls, so they would be up and attacking before you. Its not that im saying its imposible it will neva happen its just there was a reason why in medieval times people never done it.

GPS51
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Very true although wasn't the wall of babylon wide enough for 4 chariots to ride abreast? Pretty epic walls...if they'd only remembered to patrol said river bed ><

Negthareas
03-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Actually, I was thinking about giving that as an example, but I did not. I think they were using it because measurements were unrealiable and switched alot, but everyone can imagine how big 4 chariots are.

In short, I think it was a boast [look how big our walls are] rather than a -

"Are you tired of being the same old footsore sentry? Forget about defending the Egyptians, come over to Babylon and patrol walls in style, with your own chariot!"

Yeah, I really don't think the Babylonians used chariots on their walls. I have never historically heard of any reference to mounted units on walls. But I can imagine monsters, etc up there.

GPS51
03-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Lol well if I came face to face with an Ogre or some other nasty on top of a wall I'd think twice. But only until I started running looking for reinforcements.

Darathor
03-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think that treants can or should be able to get on top of walls because they are the siege tower equivalent for the elves. Ogres on top of walls, that's just pretty cool. They seem to be a great way to counter mass siege towers/ladders attacking your walls and harassing your archers.

DarkMaster
03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Uuuh... Isn't that what swordsmen are for?

GPS51
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Well yeah if you're out of ogres :p but mightn't bolt throwers be able to mount walls even though the tree seige towers shouldn't? I totally agree about the eleven seige towers not being able to climb walls. But I was under the impression they've got at least 2 or 3 tree monsters.