PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion thread for Fantasy Friday

otomotopia
03-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey guys (and gals)! So I've noticed a ton of excellent suggestions for Fantasy Friday 'spotlights'. However, they're pretty spread out throughout the forums. So I decided I'd make (one of) Alex's job(s) easier, and make a thread where we forumulites can suggest features to be highlighted for a Fantasy Friday.

So here's my first suggestion!

I'd love to see the guild system explained and/or demonstrated for a new Fantasy Friday. I know there's a ton of interest in this subject, not to mention I'm personally very interested to know more about it.

Alex Walz
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready. :)

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect. ;)

Zeluk
03-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I second the motion of having a Guild spotlight, as a matter of fact that's what I would like to see the most.

Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!:p :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT-Alex beat me to the first post!, aw well. Whenever you guys can get more info out on them would be nice.

Justin
03-20-2010, 11:20 AM
If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.

otomotopia
03-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready. :)

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect. ;)

That would be excellent! I was expecting as such from you guys's hesitation on commenting on it, but all we want is information on what to expect conceptually, results/screens can absolutely come later.

Despite what Dev's usually think, Info is better then screens to most of us. We want to know what to expect, because those pretty screens probably don't show the clipping thats happing in the background, etc. Info is king pre-Beta, because we want to know what to expect after the basics get fixed.

welshie
03-20-2010, 11:40 AM
If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.

As Alex already explained their not currently in a position to do videos as well im affraid many people have asked and been disapointed with the dicision.

Personaly i'd like to see more alone the quests routs, seeing some quest enviroment and what you can look forward when questing. That and i would like a Dev 'v' Dev fight, or tourniment!

Kire
03-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Well we havent heard much from water combat didnt we ?=), beside that it would be nice elven range units showcase, more on magic and magic users, elven lands to build castle (as was for humans last time =P), some more from personal castle builder (how does it look and how much choices you have at building it), as said also DoF music.
Well this things came first to my mind =).

DarkMaster
03-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!
Except for Men.:cool:

Things I would like:
-Dev (Men) vs. Dev (Elves) vs. Dev (Orcs) For the (Human) win!
-Gameplay footage in general
-More shots of those pretty human farms (My... Preciousss...)
-More stuff about Men in general
-More stuff about castle construction
-Of course, naval combat (possibly fishing?:eek: )
-More stuff in general:D

Especially the last one:)

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
I think the top few for me are:

-naval warfare [either do it or don't do it - have it automated shipping, or have numerous kinds of ships, etc.. Don't try doing something in-between, that will result in sadness.]

-Elvish/Orc. We have gone over man a lot. Lets see a bit more on elves and a bit more on orcs [like defending while orcs, or defending while elves] We have never seen that in a Fanfry.

-It would be nice if magic were shown used in some of the Fanfrys. Up to now it has been cities, towns, and soldiers, and armies. No magic involved.
Just wondering because I have yet no impression of magic in use during a battle.

Puppeteer
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd like to see naval combat, and as I've said before I'd like Reverie to keep their magic... right until the end.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd like to see naval combat, and as I've said before I'd like Reverie to keep their magic... right until the end.

To the very very end? :( You mean like, until the public Beta? Couldn't it be like, once players are in the closed beta they could write their own posts about magic?

Puppeteer
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
No, in any case have you not heard of NDAs?

Alex Walz
03-20-2010, 06:31 PM
-Elvish/Orc. We have gone over man a lot. Lets see a bit more on elves and a bit more on orcs [like defending while orcs, or defending while elves] We have never seen that in a Fanfry.
We're aware of this. The men have become our guinea pig race... whenever we work on implementing a new feature, we usually get at least the basics of it set up for the men before expanding it to the orcs and elves.

With that said, we do have the elves planned as the subject of our next unit showcase and the orcs for our next homelands (probably FF20).

some more from personal castle builder (how does it look and how much choices you have at building it)
Are you referring to the scenario design editor, or building a stronghold in the MMORTS or Build & Defend modes? I thought we covered both pretty well, but from the responses, I'm guessing I was wrong. We can go over this some more when Chris is finished with polishing the new building GUI.

We are currently working on a new trailer video. And one of our Senior Writers - Gordon or Robin - will most likely talk to you about the quests they have written for each race, though this might not happen until early June when I'll be away for a couple weeks. No comment on the rest of the suggestions, but we will take them to mind. :)

Kire
03-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Are you referring to the scenario design editor, or building a stronghold in the MMORTS or Build & Defend modes? I thought we covered both pretty well, but from the responses, I'm guessing I was wrong. We can go over this some more when Chris is finished with polishing the new building GUI.

I was thinking players castle in mmo part, since as i know (the true ones) we only had those capitals and not from players themselves.

Ohoh i remembered another one ..... i heard some time ago that units get better look of gear when they lvl up. It would be nice to show this with pictures =).

metman
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
We're aware of this. The men have become our guinea pig race... whenever we work on implementing a new feature, we usually get at least the basics of it set up for the men before expanding it to the orcs and elves.

With that said, we do have the elves planned as the subject of our next unit showcase and the orcs for our next homelands (probably FF20).

We are currently working on a new trailer video. And one of our Senior Writers - Gordon or Robin - will most likely talk to you about the quests they have written for each race, though this might not happen until early June when I'll be away for a couple weeks. No comment on the rest of the suggestions, but we will take them to mind. :)

Does the end part mean the game will not be released until at least June? (Just using my detective skills) :D And thanks for the sneek peak on future fantasy fridays.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 08:36 PM
I am anticipating this game not being published until just before Christmas, if not then, then next Christmas.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Not to be a downer or anything. I seriously hope it will be the beginning of this winter.

metman
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Maybe but I don't think there would be this much beta talk and e-mails if it was going to be that long. (Still nothing compared to how long other people have been waiting)

Alex Walz
03-20-2010, 09:06 PM
We would like to release this summer, but that's the best answer I can give you until our publisher deal is squared away.

metman
03-20-2010, 09:08 PM
We would like to release this summer, but that's the best answer I can give you until our publisher deal is squared away.

And a great answer at that lol.:D

otomotopia
03-20-2010, 11:10 PM
No, in any case have you not heard of NDAs?

Stronghold Alpha has an NDA as it pretains to media (Videos and SS's). Stories wereperfectly acceptable.

Also, this was a PM I recieved from alex. My original question/suggestion was "I think it would be awesome to get a copy of the NDA even now. I'd like to see what we will be able to post and not post, along with learning if i should tell my friends that "I'm going to be in the DoF Beta!"... because then my computer will probably be watched by numerous people (I got a ton of my friends and neighbors interested in DoF)."

You will be receiving a different NDA than the first and second wave testers. This agreement will most likely be eased up and allow you to share more, but we can't get into specifics yet. When you do get your copy of the beta, there's no problem with letting your friends watch you play. The main thing we are opposed to is file sharing - screenshots, videos, or even the game program itself. This is just a standard marketing safeguard - if you're in the beta, you can be guaranteed that you're be playing an unpolished version of the game rather than the actual game. So we just don't want anything leaked that could represent us negatively - such as screenshots with unit clipping, error messages, incomplete audio, etc. - and be viewed as realistic expectations of what to expect with the finished product. Likewise, we don't want to have any features leaked before there official debut in a media showcase. So that's the only reason we will need to have an NDA - just letting your friends watch you play will not violate these needs.

You're welcome.

Darathor
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I would like to see elves(of course!).

Some naval combat would be nice.

I would like to see the interface and some screenshots of how you build your castle walls.

Um... well, that's about it, you guys are doing a great job with them without my suggestions, plus it's always nice to be surprised.

LiTos456
03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Agreed. I'm curious about any updates on the naval system.

szebus
03-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Some naval combat would be nice.

Shisss, completely forgot about naval combat.

blackfang
03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I want a FF about building... stuff.

DarkMaster
03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I want a FF about building... stuff.
Yes please:D

Wizaerd
03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
If you're still lookig for Fantasy Friday suggestions, here's one I made in an incorrect posting yesterday:

I'm curious about the editor, and would love to see a series of articles from Reverie on the cinematic capabilities of the editor, specifically for making machinama... Has there been any type of information about this released?

otomotopia
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
alright, I'll necro this post again because I have a question: what's happening with the guild system? Can we get any insight into what features we can be expecting?

blackfang
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
alright, I'll necro this post again because I have a question: what's happening with the guild system? Can we get any insight into what features we can be expecting?

I just got a chill down my spine:( Right at the point i read necro:eek: Perhaps i should stop watching zombie movies right before i go to sleep:p

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM

Have to agree, you really can't delay guild system much longer. I know guilds will be important in endgame, but clearly haven't seen any reason of why i should make or be in a guild. Plus, after all this talk about guildwars, i really would to like to see more of the guild system in DoF and its benefits.

GPS51
05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Why to pay the guild leader tribute of course!

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Why to pay the guild leader tribute of course!

No way! I'd rather plot his demise behind his back and abandon him during his hour of need than pay him tribute!
Paying me tribute, now thats an idea i look forward to. :p

GPS51
05-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah I see guilds more like a major mercenary force then a national (race based) army. The leader only holds his position by power and then the inevitable power struggles begin!

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, at least there's enough conflict, so won't bore as easily now then.

GPS51
05-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Lol I see no end of conflict in DoF. If it turns out otherwise I may attempt to start some world wars to help it along.

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
In the end, the most sadistical players will rise to glory above all the bloodshed. :p

LoveToKill
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
i agree with yami only us crazies staqnd a chance Hi did i mention my names Love To Kill How are you today x_X

blackfang
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
i agree with yami only us crazies staqnd a chance Hi did i mention my names Love To Kill How are you today x_X

Most would probably say dead or dying however not me;)