PDA

View Full Version : New here but not new so to speak =D

McDili
03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone =D
I'm new to the forum community of DoF. So far it looks like a good friendly community and I'm pretty anxious to play the game when it comes out.

I love getting started in a growing community and contributing to its growth.
I'm friendly and outgoing so I think I'll fit right in =D

Now, the reason I'm not new to DoF, is because my father was one of the Map Designers, I think he was head map designer, don't remember :p.

But I remember watching him build the game and loving how the trees swayed and stuff like that. So as you might have guessed, I'm pretty anxious to play this game when it comes out =D.

Alex Walz
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Heyhey!

It's nice that Dawn of Fantasy has passed to a second generation. I think both you and your father will be very impressed with how far the game has come since he was part of the team.

Anyway, tell your dad hi for me. We were actually friends before either of us had heard of Dawn of Fantasy (from the last name in your email address, I'm assuming your dad is Doug). He's a great guy, and I, like many others, have tried reaching him unsuccessfully since he disappeared from our virtual world. Hope you both are doing well. :)

GPS51
03-14-2010, 11:16 PM
We tend to like fresh victims er I mean new recruits for the forums and we are friendly. Just don't ask the first five questions in the FAQs. We just settled the last riot from that.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-14-2010, 11:30 PM
McDili Welcome to our forums. My first guess is Doug W.B is your dad? If i`m right please pass my regards.

Doug helped shape good part of our mmorts world level design, and I`m looking forward to showing him how far it evolved during the upcoming beta test.

Zeluk
03-15-2010, 12:03 AM
As long as your going to play as the Elves then you should fit right in, if not then remember the first rule...don't mess with our twigs.

-Elves Representin!

GPS51
03-15-2010, 12:50 AM
And may I add for the orcs: Don't mess with our pointy sticks...or else...

Kire
03-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Welcome and hi =), nice to have more friendly ppl, but just and advice from quite long forum member - (as also said above) keep away from orcs, they just think about killing stuff... =P. Come to us elves ... its never too few trees to be left out.

Swift sword
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Pish- Humans are much more...erm...technologically advanced. Yes. Much more so than those little tree-swinging elves, and don't get me stated on orc techonology :p

Anyways, cool about your dad. Pretty funny the devs can guess exactly who it is too. Anyways, welcome to the forums, and yup, friendly and outgoing people do well here. Especially if they're human players (glances disdainfully at elves and orcs) ;)

Joseph Visscher
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone =D
I'm new to the forum community of DoF. So far it looks like a good friendly community and I'm pretty anxious to play the game when it comes out.

I love getting started in a growing community and contributing to its growth.
I'm friendly and outgoing so I think I'll fit right in =D

Now, the reason I'm not new to DoF, is because my father was one of the Map Designers, I think he was head map designer, don't remember :p.

Say hello to your dad,,, Doug for me, I liked working along side him on many great maps, I hope he will get back into playing on the computer, i want to burn his stronghold to the ground in beta.

blackfang
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Welcome and hi, hope you will join us FOREVER AND NEVER LEAVE. Because i won't let you:rolleyes:

Henry Martin
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forums. From the statement above it seems we have a misery thing going on, be careful and carry around a typewriter.

Negthareas
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey -welcome. I would throw in a line for the elves, but I know I will end up playing all of the races anyway. In short - The elves are awesome, humans have the spirit, and orcs have the numbers.

Zeluk
03-16-2010, 02:40 PM
What he meant to say was that he's playing Elves first because they are the best :cool:.

McDili
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow O.O
Yes, Doug is my Father, I'm his oldest son Taylor Bonds, I'm 18.
Um, where to begin.
HUMANS FOR TEH WIN! Yes. I think that's a good starting point.

Yea uhm, I watched my Dad work on quite a few of the maps. I remember when he first began I was amazed at the trees swaying. And I also was aware of the other race that was going to be put in. I'll keep it a secret for now, unless you know, but my guess is it's coming in an expansion =O.
(Devs know exactly which race I'm talking about :p)

Anyways, I can tell I'm really going to like this community, quite a lot of responses compared to other forum communities I've joined. (Used to be a WoW junkie).

To be honest I wasn't even aware of these forums until I saw my Dad on the same forum Sunday night [on Feb. 14] so when Joe sent me the message about his dissappearance, it kind of caught me off-gaurd. Joe now has a private message from me regarding all the information [the staff] asked for.
So ask him about what happened, he'll have my MSN too, so if you have any questions, Joe has my permission to give you [the staff] my MSN.

--------------------------Now for the Community--------------------------

Thanks for welcoming me to the community =DDD
I'm happy to be here and happy to know it's friendly!
I've been a part of many other communities, mostly moderated them so I guess you could say I'm a forum veteran. I can't wait to play with you all in the game and get to know the lot of you. I especially can't wait to show you all that there is a reason Humans are the dominant species! BWahahaha!
Lulz I kid. Yay I'm a part of the community now =DD

Kire
03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
They talked about the "forgotten races" here, but the link to topic on heavengames doesnt work (its not so new post and not many newer ppl probably read it, i did but forgot all the names =P .. beside minotaurs, dragons, dwarves, undeads). So maybe we already know =P.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667&highlight=forgotten+races

Edit: as researching on heavengames i stumbled upon name: Maakvirs (Amphibians) for one of forgotten races. But duno, that thread seemed to be removed somehow or forgotten =P. Tho it would be nice read for newer forumers.

As i know the race that would be put in, but was canceled as last, were dragons. You talking about that ?=)

McDili
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Haha, yup. I guess you do.
They were really pushing for Dragons as far as I can remember, but had to scrap it. Dragon environment was going to be mountain/volcano deal. I figured they were probably very big on strength and had some magic, but I dunno what they had in mind for them. Anyhow they scrapped it at some point, but my Dad said at the time that they might be put it into an expansion or something.

Nice to meet you Kire :)

Alex Walz
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten

There's some neat dragon buildings and units that can be seen in the gallery from that link. Dragons and dwarves are two races that we will try our best to incorporate post-release.

McDili
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
See I didn't even know about Dwarves. *Drooling at link*

GPS51
03-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Dwarves are in as mercs and quests I believe "see world map" and dwarves are rumored to be the number 1 civ for an expansion.

McDili
03-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Interesting. I can't wait to play this game though, gonna be sick. Multiplayer seems like a juicy 12 oz. steak dinner with maccoroni and cheese!@

wills370
03-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Hey and welcome to the community.. (again :P )
Glad to have you aboad and i think a congrats is in order to your farther also for obviously his work aswell on the project so welldone to him and all the other staff of reverie :)

Anyways back to the welcome :D
Hope you like it here seems you have settled in already so look forward to speaking with you

wou129
03-17-2010, 08:02 AM
welcome to the forums
and as far as i know it wil be dragons and dwarfs first to come back in as playebel

McDili
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for teh welcome =D
I am glad to be a part of the community, and I also look forward to speaking with you too Will ;) along with all the rest of you =D

Negthareas
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Though I had heard about most of the Forgotten Races, I had not known those speculated specifics for the dragon Race. Thanks for the link! I will go to DoF Heaven more often now.