PDA

View Full Version : whats up

MB22
03-12-2010, 09:52 PM
hey whatsup im mb22, short for {Ip}MorgulBlade. Chances are, im going to be doing a lot more mapping then im playing because im usually better at making maps then playing strategy games. I used to make maps for bfme2 and made about 20 (unfinished) maps that are all probably above average maps(if I ever finished them). I did actually release one map though, and it was called, island of numenor, it was good textured but since it was made 4 years ago when i didnt really know a lot about anything, I think it sucks. So thats all you probably need to know about me except for the fact that im actually planning on finishing maps nowadays

Zeluk
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I feel ya man, I am also a procrastinator. Welcome to the forums!

Henry Martin
03-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Welcome, I to am a procrastinator. I actually don't make RTS maps, I am currentlly using Torque 3d and the UDK to make maps. I do plan on making maps for DOF though.

Swift sword
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
My attempts at map design typically fails due to a lack of triggering ability-I'm hoping this doesn't happen with DoF since it's based on script, in which case guides may help me. In any case, I'm pretty bad at RTS's due to a lack of ability to manage my economy-again, DoF's eco. management appears much easier than other games (especially MMORTS management)

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Not to advertise, but if you're looking for a mapping/modding community of DoF Dawn of Fantasy Heaven is your best bet. Heavengames has a pretty wide collection of fansites, and pretty much all of them have had great mappers/modders if the game has an editor. A bunch of the typical DoFH'ers have actually been recruited by Reverie into the team as scripters.

blackfang
03-13-2010, 02:10 AM
welcome, i always fail at those triggers too. Really too bad:(

Puppeteer
03-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Wooh, another referral :p
Hopefully I'll be mapping too.

wills370
03-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Lol looks like everyone is really busy with this :) welcome to the forums anyway and enjoy :)

Aametherar
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
My attempts at map design typically fails due to a lack of triggering ability-I'm hoping this doesn't happen with DoF since it's based on script, in which case guides may help me. In any case, I'm pretty bad at RTS's due to a lack of ability to manage my economy-again, DoF's eco. management appears much easier than other games (especially MMORTS management)

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Best way to learn triggers etc. is by looking at maps others have made.

Anyways back to the new guy, welcome to the forums, I can't wait to see you in game (=

Alex Walz
03-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Welcome!
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the scenario design editor showcase (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306).

If you're from the BFME2 community, perhaps you know JBV3737? :) He's on the team as our Lead Mapper.

Kire
03-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Welcome =), its never too much fan mappers =P.

blackfang
03-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome =), its never too much fan mappers =P.

I would like to point out that never is not a good enough word for it... We need something like infinitely few or something;) It is not possible to get too many fan mappers:D

Darathor
03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see those who are interested not only in the game, but the editor as well.:)

Swift sword
03-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Best way to learn triggers etc. is by looking at maps others have made.

Anyways back to the new guy, welcome to the forums, I can't wait to see you in game (=
Yeah, you're right about that. I guess I sorta use the "cant do triggers" thing as an excuse to cover up my lack of drive to finish a map. It's true that I hate Quest Vars with a passion, though.

Anyways, what do you plan on making with the editor, MB? I imagine you have some plans already?

blackfang
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, you're right about that. I guess I sorta use the "cant do triggers" thing as an excuse to cover up my lack of drive to finish a map. It's true that I hate Quest Vars with a passion, though.

Anyways, what do you plan on making with the editor, MB? I imagine you have some plans already?

I will guess the right answer, he is probably going to make maps:)

MB22
03-13-2010, 06:54 PM

yeaa i've got a few plans in my head but it's easier to be creative once I know what im working with, but its probably going to be something new and creative.

Also btw I do remember jbv , but it was a few years ago so not really completly.