PDA

View Full Version : What are you gonna name your city?

Pages : [1] 2

Zeluk
03-05-2010, 11:01 PM
So as the developers here at Reverie have portrayed this game so far, when a player makes an account they are given a number of slots that they can start, delete, etc. Much like many other MMOs, but in this game their City or Homeland is the MMORTS equivalent to a MMORPG's avatar or toon.

This is just one of the many things that make me so excited about Dawn of Fantasy. Many other games do an adequate job of making you feel like your a king of your respective city or culture. But in an MMORTS such as this all the other kings around you are players. Through little tidbits of info here and there the Developers have given us an insight into what our first few hours will be like. Establishing our first stronghold and learning the ropes of our factions unique abilities and structure, while expanding and growing.

I greatly look forward to these first few hours of building my first city, even more so my first encounter with my neighbors. So I was wondering what are you guys gonna name your first Homeland? If possible what are you going to name your Hero? Since some of you may be my neighbors I'd like to hear from you!

Zeluk
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
So I decided to name my city using Tolkien's Elvish language. Googling "Elivish to English Dictionary" I found a list of words from which to draw from. I came up with this:

"Fenn Athan Amar" Which roughly translates as "Threshold (to) Beyond (the) World". "To" and "The" not being listed, so I just added them with (). Which I may just group altogether like Fenn'Athan'Amar, which is probably grammatically incorrect but it looks better in my opinion.

Threshold meaning:

2 a : gate, door b (1) : end, boundary; specifically : the end of a runway (2) : the place or point of entering or beginning : outset <on the threshold of a new age>

I chose those words because I would like to put my City on the border between the Elven realm of Bilt'Ranta Na and the Orcish lands of Thikken Dal, between the cities of Uttal Astras and Grintak. Basically, from a strategic and roleplay perspective I'm setting myself up as a Elven outpost of the forces of Uttal Astras (my Elven Account's home city, from purely a rp perspective), as the front line defense of an Orc incursion or staging area for a campaign into Thikken Dal. Also for more practical terms it gives me immediate access to the city of Uttal Astras for quests and supplies and I am in a prime position to begin my Orc Genocide!!!!

Here's (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x119/Zelu_bucket/worldmap.jpg) a link to a map showing roughly where I plan to put my city so you can see what I'm talking about. the black "X" being where my city will be....if given the choice. All of this is just speculation on my part, I don't even know how much of a say I will be given as to where to put my city. But in the off-hand chance of my dreams coming true then all of you Orc players better be on the lookout for Elven raiders flying my banner!

zach12wqasxz
03-06-2010, 12:03 AM
i think my homeland will be called......i have no idea actually, ill have to think of something clever though. and as for my heroes name, no idea either lol

szebus
03-06-2010, 12:49 AM
"Nopia" would be a possible name.

Kire
03-06-2010, 03:50 AM
First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).

nickson104
03-06-2010, 04:30 AM
First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).

Oh wow... i JUST realise that kire is erik backwards :eek: im so stupid... :D

I think i will go for something that sounds especially fantasy.... ('We will charge the gates of ____') that is the line that you must think of when you name your city... Either that or ('We will storm the village of ___') :D

Puppeteer
03-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Well, it'll end up like how I name characters on Oblivion - it always seems to start with a 'V' and contain a 'll' somewhere...
Either that, or Manwood :p

blackfang
03-06-2010, 07:26 AM
villy? Anyways my human town will be called lorelay because i love blackmore's night. My hero will be named ragnar or something cooler i just gotta wait and see. My orc village will be named Dreadmaw and my orc hero would be named lolita:D

Negthareas
03-06-2010, 08:57 AM
My city will be named "Yerathu". In my fantasy world, it was once a great capital city, but was sacked in a huge battle involvoing 700,000 soldiers. It was abandoned after this battle, because it was so inundated with corpses and blood. A hundred years later, it was destroyed by earthquake and buried in magma.

LiTos456
03-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I might name it after my home city, Sumy.

Unen
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Ill probably nerd it up and name it after a DnD area.

Darathor
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not exactly sure what to call my city. I have a few ideas but I don't have a name for my human and orc cities. This raises another question to me, will we be able to name our heroes?

Zeluk
03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
No one other then the Devs know for sure. I spent quite a it of time researching Heroes and there isn't all that much concrete information on them.

otomotopia
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Depends on where I start. May be West Port, Thuragard, or Walla Walla.

GPS51
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
The first one will be area 51...where few return from... :) Easy street is appealing as well.

Aametherar
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure yet, but i'm leaning towards Camelot for my orcish legions just so all the humans who want it get upset. Plus it just means I conquered Camelot already, go orcs!

metman
03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I will most likely attempt to name my human city Constantinople before anyone else does but if someone else gets it I don't know what I'll do. :eek:

Alex Walz
03-06-2010, 08:17 PM
You guys are so much more creative than me. My cities are "Test," "Alex," "Southmount," and "Orc." :p

Swift sword
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I may name it Ostagar or something like that.
Let's see how many know the refernce ;P

Edit: For just random names, Ceruthia has a nice ring.

Aametherar
03-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I may name it Ostagar or something like that.
Let's see how many know the refernce ;P

Edit: For just random names, Ceruthia has a nice ring.

I was thinking Mount Gundabad from JRR but it's not like me to do names that aren't unique, I may just create my own name. We'll see.

As for your name, google the all knowing search engine answers that :P

Edit:Love the name "Orc". All the orcs will be jealous of that one!

metman
03-06-2010, 08:33 PM
You guys are so much more creative than me. My cities are "Test," "Alex," "Southmount," and "Orc." :p

In my case not so much creativity as much as taking the name of the capital of Eastern Rome that I remember reading about in a book for my social studies project on Julius Ceaser. :D

Edit: I know that Eastern and Western Rome were created after his dictatorship for anyone who was thinking about pointing that out.

Jonathan Werk
03-06-2010, 08:52 PM
My standard procedure is type a batch of random characters, and then stick vowels in to make it pronouncable.

otomotopia
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
jaslernavice.
gabunicus.

Wow. It actually "Werks!" xD

Aametherar
03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
My standard procedure is type a batch of random characters, and then stick vowels in to make it pronouncable.

Mine is just to type letters by randomly hitting a key then building off it letter by letter what sounds okay til I have a name. That's how I got this one...that apparently everyone pronounces differently, or can't pronounce, but hey it's unique!

Swift sword
03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I typically just stick with anything that doesn't sound modern. For example, I'd name a character on a MMORTS Dalathorn. I love the word thorn, honestly :p

Other city names...hmm, there's Thornane, Limdale, Derothor....I coul go on and on. Seeing as I'm in 3rd beta, me thinks I'll get my choice as to my favored name. Here's to hoping we can carry on accounts to real thing :)

DarkMaster
03-07-2010, 01:55 AM
"Roubon" (roo-bonn) sounds like a good name for my human capital:)

blackfang
03-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Durnhold, blood-keep, Blue republic (if anyone wants to be my eternal enemy red federation or the opposite) you know red vs blue:p , Destiny's pass Promethean republic, Ceruan anyways there are a lot of different names i got. I will see what i can use:rolleyes:

Puppeteer
03-07-2010, 06:15 AM
I might call mine 'Communist Sympathisers' Federative Republic' (CSFR) to antagonise Americans - more fights for me!

raving
03-07-2010, 07:08 AM
hmmm, i'm doubting between
- shadowlands
- Ered Cirith
- Gurth Ered

Darathor
03-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Derothor....

That name reminds me of something, wonder what?

I'll probably name my elf city Anara or El'Anara or something, dunno about the other cities yet. I'll deal with it when I get there. I'll probably type random letters and see where it goes.

wills370
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Hmm i have a few ideas for mine.

Isintopia is one that i may consider for my human city. hmm...

Swift sword
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Heh, sorry Darathor. I think I've actually used your name on a character in LoTRO before I even came here. I like names that start with "D" and end with "R". What can I say?

blackfang
03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
That name reminds me of something, wonder what?

I'll probably name my elf city Anara or El'Anara or something, dunno about the other cities yet. I'll deal with it when I get there. I'll probably type random letters and see where it goes.

Just wondering, are your elves mexican or something:rolleyes:

welshie
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Mhmm this is a good questiong tbh, im not sure on what i would prefer being human i would pick a bunch..
Daganoth
Frealda
Marenthen
Valniace
along them lines

blackfang
03-08-2010, 01:49 PM
i like em:p Probably because all the books i currently read is about those kinda names. Ferelden, valiencia, those kinda names pop up everywhere in those books:rolleyes:

Swift sword
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
i like em:p Probably because all the books i currently read is about those kinda names. Ferelden, valiencia, those kinda names pop up everywhere in those books:rolleyes:
Are you reading the books Dragon Age is based off? If so, I imagine there are tons of potential ideas within the books or the game itself. I've personally yet to read the books, probably never will. Played the game, though. Pretty good.

Yeah, I'm liking the ring of Ceruthia more and more though. The "ruthia" part bears a slight resemblance to the word "ruthless" and I've always liked the letter c. It'll probably be my first choice if it's availiable. Fits reasonably well with humans, too.

Jean=A=Luc
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe Athenaum or something like that. Or even Hypatia although I'd prefer to save that one for my character name if female heroes are implemented. Can't remember what the devs said about that.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Angmar probably. I bet none of you will guess why. :confused: Or Minas Morgul. Or maybe Ralph.

Zeluk
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Or maybe Ralph.

Made me laugh, a lot.

Negthareas
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Nathar, Seselandis, Thryalis, Alash, Thelithir, etc.

I got a whole list lined up.

By the way - You can have 4 different identities on the MMORTS, and each can have up to seven cities, right?

Can I team up with myself? That would be like, 28 cities worth of men and supplies.

Zeluk
03-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Heh, I thought about that the other day. My guess is it would be impractical, there wouldn't be any real benefits, like teaming up with an NPC that can't do anything while your 'offline'.

Negthareas
03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes, but you could attack with one player, then the next, then the next, - by the fourth attack, you would be practically garrenteed a victory.

This would allow you to keep more troops in each city as garrisons, - you would lose less men overall.

Zeluk
03-08-2010, 09:03 PM
The devs said that the game scales to your level and your only allowed to fight players that are within your level range. So if all of your accounts are different level then that will be restricted. Not to mention when you attack NPC's the game goes into a instance so everyone else in the world can still interact with the NPC and doesn't have to wait for you. As for players, I remember reading somewhere that you have a certain time after attack in which you can't be attacked, can't remember where. I'll linky when I find it.

Edit: Found the info inside one of the screenshots (http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/Weekly_21/09.jpg) for the Human showcase. My guess is it's suspect to change but currently it is set for 20mins after a PvP match or after suing for peace.

HolyPollo
03-09-2010, 06:52 AM
I will most likely attempt to name my human city Constantinople before anyone else does but if someone else gets it I don't know what I'll do. :eek:

Will it eventually turn into Istanbul?

Justin
03-09-2010, 07:53 AM
My city name will be fkselsdkd, short for goldspammer, really I might go with Kuchukala a name for a place thats been in my mind for a while or something incredibly different.

Mikey
03-09-2010, 12:40 PM
i'm going to name my city Tyrnea Rallathil-eplith took me a little while to think of what i wanted :p

Henry Martin
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I will name my city Henryton DC (Da Capitol)!!:D

metman
03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Will it eventually turn into Istanbul?

That's a good idea for another city. ;)

Zeluk
03-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Updated 2nd post of the thread with my cities name and info.

Feweh
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
GUNNARAPEUHARD

Seriously, everyone knows thats what all cities are gonna be named in the end.

Negthareas
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Probably true. Sadly. Think of the Barbaricly named elf city getting sacked by Stanaslous the Noble Orc.

Darathor
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Just wondering, are your elves mexican or something:rolleyes:

"El' isn't necessarily a Mexican word or prefix. I'm quite sure other languages also use "El" as a word of some sort.

But really, I just though it sounded cool.:D

MB22
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was narnia, no idea why. So I guess thats what im gonna have to go with

blackfang
03-13-2010, 02:17 AM
"El' isn't necessarily a Mexican word or prefix. I'm quite sure other languages also use "El" as a word of some sort.

so thats what it is, its not mexican but further south in the grand continent of amerika:D

Noxeros
03-13-2010, 04:24 AM

El in Swedish is electricity. :)

I'll probably name my city "Haven" as I have always done and will continue to do. :)

blackfang
03-13-2010, 10:17 AM
El in norwegian is also electricity but you never use it alone:)

welshie
03-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Was thinking about making a propper city, and try and get it amazing so it will resemble the real city :)

OrcSlayer
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Hmm this is a tough one but Gorthuar if Im an orc or Serialir if Im an Elf

sneaky_squirrel
03-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll probably think of a name for my city once I start the game (With a little backstory).

Aelfwine
05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
...for me... Im going to delve into the series of The Sword of Truth book and make my first city... Aydindril as an elf and as a human... "The People's Palace"... and maybe if i go with orc... Bandakar.

Winterwolf00
05-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm going to name mine Assero. Thats Defend in Latin.

Aelfwine
05-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Heh ya, i thought about going for the latin thing too, but then... Something like Monkeyville pops into my head...

Ndition
05-17-2010, 05:39 AM
I will name my city Upon-Jor-Anuz!

LoveToKill
05-17-2010, 04:02 PM
honestly if i get beta ill prob nameit LTK'S castle so i can figure out everythingg real quick but for actual release im not sure

blackfang
05-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe i should really go with Über H4XX0R 90W3R C4S7L3

-Sigma-
05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Del Annon

Which means Horror Gate.

Yami-Yagari
05-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Del Annon

Which means Horror Gate.

aaah, sindarin, was thinking the same thing.
By the way, isn´t it Annon Del instead? Gate of Horror sounds lots better in my opinion.

Aelfwine
05-19-2010, 04:28 AM
I call dibs on the elven castle of Cabbage Patch!

blackfang
05-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Then i will also have a human castle called mental hospital?!:D

Aelfwine
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Aelfwine's Army from Cabbage Patch Castle lays seige to BlackFang's Mental Hospital... ya i see were your going with this, and I like it!

blackfang
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Aelfwine's Army from Cabbage Patch Castle lays seige to BlackFang's Mental Hospital... ya i see were your going with this, and I like it!

Ohh no you got it all wrong. "Blackfang's Mental Hospital just burned down the Cabbage Patch Castle and killed its owner Aelfwine. Out of luck? reroll humans or orc!:rolleyes:"

Ndition
05-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Everyone knows that the City State Upon-Jor-Anuz will sneak up behind and venture deep into explored or unexplored territories of your kingdoms ;)

-Sigma-
05-19-2010, 05:47 PM
aaah, sindarin, was thinking the same thing.
By the way, isn´t it Annon Del instead? Gate of Horror sounds lots better in my opinion.

Yeah true lol sounds alot better.

Annon Del it is! lol :)

blackfang
05-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Everyone knows that the City State Upon-Jor-Anuz will sneak up behind and venture deep into explored or unexplored territories of your kingdoms ;)

:eek: My mental hospital will fight you in both explored and unexplored places:mad:

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 05:50 AM
:eek: My mental hospital will fight you in both explored and unexplored places:mad:

You really should be more precise with the "unexplored places" part. people might get the wrong idea :eek:.

Ndition
05-20-2010, 07:53 AM

You better have your army oiled and prepared, my well polished army will like a fist penetrate your flanks. No mercy shall be shown!

blackfang
05-20-2010, 10:17 AM
You better have your army oiled and prepared, my well polished army will like a fist penetrate your flanks. No mercy shall be shown!

Then i will make a drill right through your force and attack you from behind! Death to all who oppose the LORD:mad:

Ndition
05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Then i will make a drill right through your force and attack you from behind! Death to all who oppose the LORD:mad:

I'm sorry, but you can't beat a city state like mine, it's just impossible!

LoveToKill
05-20-2010, 02:12 PM

I agree with him all who oppose the Lord Aka LTK Leader of the all orc armies shalth be smited :x

Negthareas
05-20-2010, 02:25 PM
My elf account will be with Ndition, but my orcs will be with LTK! [or BFang] [or Yami...]

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Would be nice, a never-ending war between the 3 races, three way battle between each race's top guild.
But eventually, all will bow to me and despair!:mad:

>:<3)3

LoveToKill
05-20-2010, 02:41 PM
My elf account will be with Ndition, but my orcs will be with LTK! [or BFang] [or Yami...]

LoL with me at first there will be many orc guilds but i plan to have them fold to me for there can Be only one Orc leader and we know who that will be deep in are hearts Buwhahaahaha but maybe we should make a poll at some point call it the elections for the leaders of the 3 races

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, the strongest will rule. So basicly keep winning, and you're seat of power will be safe.

Negthareas
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think anyone would vote until they say who was good on the battlefield and on the bargaining table. [aka - brain is everything -tactics and economy].

Brawn will get defeated by brain. [almost every time, there are exceptions.]

LoveToKill
05-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I could somewhat agree to that however brawn mearly has to sit still and copy brains tactics then brawn will win everytime Rawr And i agree however killing ourselves for a seat of power may be unbenioffical Over all so peaceful negotations allways help out a bit ;P. (srry for the spellin aint the sharpest toll in the shed when it comes to academic things suchas these.)

blackfang
05-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I can't wait to go all out earning my spot as a competent leader and soldier of many traits:D

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, it depends really. We really should get a better view at the games economy and diplomacy, and how it can effect the DoF universe, before we can decide how much it will matter with choosing a race leader.

LoveToKill
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, it depends really. We really should get a better view at the games economy and diplomacy, and how it can effect the DoF universe, before we can decide how much it will matter with choosing a race leader.

I would agree with you but i plan to rule the orcs one way or another cause is is da evil man like dat but a good leader shows some civility right x_X, but im well aware that it will be survival of the fitest which is why i planto throw down aguild asap and set thingsin motion im just tryn to think of a name at the moment

Yami-Yagari
05-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I would agree with you but i plan to rule the orcs one way or another cause is is da evil man like dat but a good leader shows some civility right x_X, but im well aware that it will be survival of the fitest which is why i planto throw down aguild asap and set thingsin motion im just tryn to think of a name at the moment

Well, never really liked being the one in charge, so make me second in command in your new world order, and i'll even support you. :p

Ndition
05-21-2010, 05:53 AM
There can only be one to rule them all and it's Upon-Jor-Anuz.

Michael Mullens
05-21-2010, 05:56 AM
New yORC

RAWR!

oh and if someone takes it, it's WAR! I'll burn your crops and starve your people!:mad:

LoveToKill
05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
*Evil Smile* ill think about it depends on your race i assume ur orc tho but you may change your mind so lol ya never know

Yami-Yagari
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Or you'll use your godlike admin powers to bann all those foolish enough to steal your city's name. :eek:

LoveToKill
05-21-2010, 02:55 PM
lol admin abuse ftl

Michael Mullens
05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
LOL, no i'd never ban someone from claiming my city name, I would just be sad :( and reign vengeance upon your village! :mad:

Not to mention editing, deletion, & bans are up to the forum mods... I would never take their fun and happiness away. ;)

blackfang
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL, no i'd never ban someone from claiming my city name, I would just be sad :( and reign vengeance upon your village! :mad:

Not to mention editing, deletion, & bans are up to the forum mods... I would never take their fun and happiness away. ;)

Perhaps i should be the original yORC then:confused: Then you can be the colony of yORC:)

Ndition
05-21-2010, 06:23 PM
New yORC

RAWR!

oh and if someone takes it, it's WAR! I'll burn your crops and starve your people!:mad:

I pity your village, I will burn it to the ground and build a huge monument to show the splendour of my kingdom.

Kire
05-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I remembered how i will call my castle ...... Kiregrad and Erikgrad (one for humans and one for elves =P). Tho grad in our language means castle but still there are small towns that have grad in their name but dont have any castle around =). Dravograd is one example of that town. I just like the sound of this addition =).
And for heroes if will be possible ..... Minion of Kire/Erik.

LoveToKill
05-21-2010, 09:26 PM
shouldnt you just nameyour cities LTKS vassle #1 etc.. :x (Yes pet the ego monster LoL)

That dont seem bad to me pimpin the grad that is sounds like an allright thing to me i still dontevenhave a clueto what ill name my cities

Daermoth
05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Might be Ava Mani..which is my mix of certain languages..and would translate as "Desired Jewel":P

Or say..Hortensia Eadburga, meaning "Garden Fortress", also a mix of languages.

Probably something like that, could be anything else really:P

blackfang
05-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Kalde Krysset Keep Yay:D

Yami-Yagari
05-22-2010, 06:35 AM

You're playing a dangerous game there :eek:.

Henry Martin
05-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Yeah guy, not everyone on this site might enjoy that:mad:.

LoveToKill
05-22-2010, 10:54 AM
LoL aslong as its fully spelled out i wouldnt really care ~_~

blackfang
05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah guy, not everyone on this site might enjoy that:mad:.

Seriously all i did was underline the important three k's;) And the meaning of what i said in English is Cold Cross("roads" really depends can mean both) Keep and i spelled it out without any racism involved, no need to flame it up. The start of every name should be under lined also i don't see why you could mistake it for something else. *Looking at you people looking like ghosts with a south state flag on the arm!*

Henry Martin
05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Seriously all i did was underline the important three k's;) And the meaning of what i said in English is Cold Cross("roads" really depends can mean both) Keep and i spelled it out without any racism involved, no need to flame it up. The start of every name should be under lined also i don't see why you could mistake it for something else. *Looking at you people looking like ghosts with a south state flag on the arm!*

I'm not going to start a flame, just pointing out that someone could mistaken you underlining the three k's as something. Here in the states people like to do this stuff. I don't know how it is in norway, but here we have a**h***s like that..

blackfang
05-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not going to start a flame, just pointing out that someone could mistaken you underlining the three k's as something. Here in the states people like to do this stuff. I don't know how it is in norway, but here we have a**h***s like that..

In Norway you could almost see non-white people swaying the south state flags. We don't really care about the meanings of things. Anything related to black or brown or those many colors are banned. We are not allowed to call them anything actually, however the things we got that is free is that you are allowed to sway whatever flag you wish and express your inner thoughts on a matter without everyone going around saying that you crossed the line. I mean if you go to the countryside (no not the places with a store thats a small village our terms of large is a city with 10 k inhabitants and up) i bet in one of 15 houses you are bound to find a south state flag or a swastika flag stuffed away or hanging openly. Its simply because we are allowed to do that, i mean our society is not made of racists. The one thing we do admire about every one of them is that they actually take action when they mean something. In Norway getting a group of 10 people together to demonstrate or something is just as easy as running around with a machine gun through the royal palace killing everyone and getting caught on tape and get away with it after being arrested.

Also a guy i know runs around putting Nazi flags on Hamsun statues to express his opinion:p It even came out in a newspaper last year when he hung it up on a statue all the way down in Israel:o I feel sorry for him if Nazi's find him, however i think that its good that he expresses his opinions. I mean our town is stupid enough to buy "Hamsun postboxes" that gives off a constant story telling. The cost; 300 000 for three of em. All of which were destroyed withing the week:eek: Our small city is too caught up in Hamsun being a good guy there that they just scratched over his Nazi past to make our city "less of a racist society" however not that it would matter if they hung up follower of Nazism. So we can believe whatever we want, express whatever we want. As long as it doesn't directly contain something involving a race of people, sexes or religions.

So believe what you want, in Norway we are disillusioned by the thought of being free while we are actually in quite a strict country but as long as nobody knows nobody cares:D

sumo0
05-23-2010, 07:54 AM
if i can name my hero i will name it sumo0 and my city will be sumo0nia:P
that is if they allow 0 to be used in names...
i hope it will.

LoveToKill
05-23-2010, 08:11 AM
In Norway you could almost see non-white people swaying the south state flags. We don't really care about the meanings of things. Anything related to black or brown or those many colors are banned. We are not allowed to call them anything actually, however the things we got that is free is that you are allowed to sway whatever flag you wish and express your inner thoughts on a matter without everyone going around saying that you crossed the line. I mean if you go to the countryside (no not the places with a store thats a small village our terms of large is a city with 10 k inhabitants and up) i bet in one of 15 houses you are bound to find a south state flag or a swastika flag stuffed away or hanging openly. Its simply because we are allowed to do that, i mean our society is not made of racists. The one thing we do admire about every one of them is that they actually take action when they mean something. In Norway getting a group of 10 people together to demonstrate or something is just as easy as running around with a machine gun through the royal palace killing everyone and getting caught on tape and get away with it after being arrested.

Also a guy i know runs around putting Nazi flags on Hamsun statues to express his opinion:p It even came out in a newspaper last year when he hung it up on a statue all the way down in Israel:o I feel sorry for him if Nazi's find him, however i think that its good that he expresses his opinions. I mean our town is stupid enough to buy "Hamsun postboxes" that gives off a constant story telling. The cost; 300 000 for three of em. All of which were destroyed withing the week:eek: Our small city is too caught up in Hamsun being a good guy there that they just scratched over his Nazi past to make our city "less of a racist society" however not that it would matter if they hung up follower of Nazism. So we can believe whatever we want, express whatever we want. As long as it doesn't directly contain something involving a race of people, sexes or religions.

So believe what you want, in Norway we are disillusioned by the thought of being free while we are actually in quite a strict country but as long as nobody knows nobody cares:D

Tobadnorway dosentowntheinternetwhere all must conform to the rules made by othersi suggest you just pick a new name cause if enoughcomplaints are gathered idimagine youd be banned otherthenthislets just drop the topic now pl0x

Ndition
05-23-2010, 09:04 AM
My course at the University has KKK as an acrynom and it stands for "kommunikation, konflikt och konflikthantering", a translation would be, communication, conflict and conflict management. I fail to see why KKK should be outlawed as an acrynom as long as it doesn't have the meaning of that extreme group in the USA.

blackfang
05-23-2010, 11:23 AM
exactly i just underlined the k's since they seemed suspicious when i wrote it:p

Michael Mullens
05-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Would probably be a safer bet to avoid doing something like that in the future. As the symbolism you jokingly mocked is still a relevant issue in some regions which is why people don't take it so lightly and are cautious about it being visible. It's the same as any other coalitions of hate that previously or currently exist. Not to mention how you made the letters in question stand out.

GPS51
05-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah I mean the kkk is still alive in parts of USA which is sad but also still serious...now if you wanted to use something from classical roman or greek times...well I doubt any exist to this day. :)

Henry Martin
05-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I didn't mean to start anything I was just point out what GPS51 and Michael Mullens have already said.

blackfang
05-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Well well, i don't know what to say. I mean freedom of speech is just an illusion right? I mean seriously this is not a joke freedom of speech is just an illusion right? Just want to know that:) Its just to confirm my view on the society in norway as well because we are not allowed to call black people black or cheer on nazism with words like heil. But we are allowed to call mentally handicapped people for ******s (you know the other word for mentally handicapped), tough its not very nice. I have always wondered why some things are accepted and some other things are not when they are equally or even worse.

GPS51
05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
The vagaries of the human sense of logic...Never understood it myself. That's why a 3 race world is so simple. Fire and forget....yeah :D

blackfang
05-24-2010, 09:23 AM
The vagaries of the human sense of logic...Never understood it myself. That's why a 3 race world is so simple. Fire and forget....yeah :D

Yeah, if you didn't know this game is based on racism from the very start. Kill the orcs! Burn the humans! Purge the elven race from this planet! Total war between races means racism:rolleyes: So basically its the burn and forget kinda stuff;)

Henry Martin
05-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, if you didn't know this game is based on racism from the very start. Kill the orcs! Burn the humans! Purge the elven race from this planet! Total war between races means racism:rolleyes: So basically its the burn and forget kinda stuff;)

Wrong, simulated racism, but its more genocide then racism.

blackfang
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Wrong, simulated racism, but its more genocide then racism.

well that is all true:) Tough its still racism, and its worse then KKK. Because here they go to real (simulated) war and don't disguise themselves during the day as normal people and during the night as ghosts:( I mean what would happen if orcs appeared on earth, at first we would subjugate them. Force then into our society, make them slaves. And after a few thousand years of slaves then a revolutionary orc finds out that he wants to be free. So he starts speaking to the orc people and say "I have a dream, that one day orcs and humans can co exists. I have a dream that one day orcs will be free. I have a dream that one day... WAAAAGHH" *pulling an axe and going berserk* After a time they would eventually go free, and then they would all be quite normal tough there will take a hundred years before they adapt. Anyways there would still be racism. Till we have all learned to co exist and live boring lives that ends up in three categories. Eat, sleep and work:(

LoveToKill
05-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Theanswer to your questionis realtivly simple the reason KKK or nazism is more offensive then say F-a-g or prehaps R-e-t-a-r-d is quite simple Firstly the majorty of USA id saynow is whites and blacks and theres that natural racial tension thus why KKK is tookenso harsherly nazismquitesimple its NAZISM which wiped out thejews in massive numbers plus hitler was wacked outof his mind with somenonsence of supperior race or what not Regardless the main reason is he is looked down or frowned upon by the majorty of the world so its wrong by the masses,

Futher more Freedom of speech or freedomitself is simply an illusion and nothing of thesort has exsisted for a while.

GPS51
05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
These posts are almost worthy of a philosophy thread. Also I'd say that Nazism is simply a progression from KKK. I mean the same ideas are still being espoused but one group took control of the country and the other is an extremist group without major political control.

Michael Mullens
05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
This thread has now derailed into a debate over racial hate groups. Please get it back on topic please and if the issue is really something you want to discuss, make a topic about it in the off-topic section but i'd assume the mods would close it...

Freedom of Speech exists! You have the freedom to say whatever you want but there can be consequences to saying it. No one can stop you from voicing your opinion but if you get fired because of it thats a consequence to freedom of speech. This forum being the property and direct representation of Reverie World Studios, they can decide certain topic matter is not suitable in under their banner. So as I said, you have the "freedom" to say it but other people have the right to remove it and frown upon it.

Alex Walz
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Freedom of Speech is not an illusion, it just has its written restraints. You can say unchecked freedom of speech is an illusion, but you need to know the law before making any sort of judgment. For example, when looking at it from the perspective of the US Constitution, the First Amendment does not protect public employees when they are working - meaning their employer can fire them if he/she finds their words problematic. False statements in advertising are not protected - which is why drug commercials must state their possible side effects. Statements that can be interpreted as a hazard to the wider community are not protected, neither are obscenity, hate speech (the majority of examples in this thread), or statements made to evade or obscure a draft.

So if you have examples of Freedom of Speech failing in other circumstances, then you can make your argument. Otherwise, it's just people not knowing the law. ;)

blackfang
05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
So as I said, you have the "freedom" to say it but other people have the right to remove it and frown upon it.

I liked that part:D Also it made the most sense of what both of you above said:)

Ndition
05-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Interesting posts in this thread from Dawn of Fantasy related posts to the bashing of the acronym KKK and yet to make another turn to theories about the freedom of speech, this is really not my job and I might be wrong, but I would still like to suggest that the off-topic posts should be deleted since it doesn't have to do with anything related to the DoF.

otomotopia
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree with the above. Just get rid of the posts and lets move on, though maybe an announcement of some sort should be added to the forums detailing policies related to this issue.

Puppeteer
05-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm not going to delete the posts, as that would be akin to censorship, which I vehemently oppose in any form, but neither will I split the topic - the train of thought is dead, and opening it in its own topic would either encourage someone else to post in said topic on said issue, or simply be a dead topic. Either way, we don't particularly want it revived here (feel free to discuss Freedom of Speech in a new topic in The Pub, though) and it'd look bizarre on its own. I'm going to let it stay here.
I'll leave it to Reverie what direction they'd want to take it, officially... for me it's barely an issue, but then I'm used to being a moderator at Revora where everything is a heck of a lot more open/lapse.

otomotopia
05-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Still, here's a nice little reminder that we DO have rules here, and freedom of speech is limited to anything that does not go against these rules. http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77

Let's not forget that the Internet and this forum is not governed by the United States of America, Canada, France, Paraguay, South Africa, or any other nation that has signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and therefore Freedom of Speech is not applicable here as the laws of those or any nation prescribes/allows.

blackfang
05-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow i have already broken a few rules:o Sorry:p (over time) This adds to my count of derailed threads:o

GPS51
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Well after much consideration I realized that I hadn't posted my city names... So for the elves~ Area 51 (where few return). Humans- Easy Street or Pingpongville. Orcs ~ MESAGONNAWIN. I believe the last one says it most eloquently.

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Well after much consideration I realized that I hadn't posted my city names... So for the elves~ Area 51 (where few return). Humans- Easy Street or Pingpongville. Orcs ~ MESAGONNAWIN. I believe the last one says it most eloquently.

OOOOI!! The last one is Troll not Orc.
Get the facts straight! :mad:

otomotopia
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
OOOOI!! The last one is Troll not Orc.
Get the facts straight! :mad:

yah mon, deese honds beh maad voodoo mon.

blackfang
05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Trollish :( Suddenly i feel very good about that i just slaughtered a tribe of em:rolleyes:

GPS51
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
It's more gungan then anything...but that's another story.

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
It's more gungan then anything...but that's another story.

Now that you mention it..
But why gungan!? i mean LOOK!

http://www.museugranollersciencies.org/latela_media/museu/img/herpetologia/Herp_Jajar_binks.jpg

GPS51
05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes. Well I needed a good screen name for SW:GB way back when and this seemed to fit. That was a fun MP game. Besides I like the way it speaks of assured victory in all caps.

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
OK valid points. But still, it's Jar-Jar, the most annoying character George Lucas ever created.

I rest my case.:)

GPS51
05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Well when I came up with this I was thinking of the king of the gungans who's speech I found entertaining. Oh well. :cool:

Yami-Yagari
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Ah ok, but technically you can't call it an average gungan, seeing he looks more like a frog than a gungan. Common misconception. :rolleyes:

adamater
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Oglamesh.

Sounds awesome.

wills370
05-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Amanthidire i think sounds good for a human settlelement. Might be a name of my second city.

Aelfwine
05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I still think cabbage patch is the best name for a city...

Josh Warner
05-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I still think cabbage patch is the best name for a city...

That's because you're a hippy elf. Not seeing many good orc names, and I'm sure we'll see a billion adaptations of lotr names for the Men unfortunately.

Blackfall234
05-29-2010, 08:38 AM
The name of my homecity... hm...
If it would be an Orc camp at a cliff maybe Blood Sun Boyz Cliff ? :D
A Human City name hm.... Arem Thereth ?
Arem Thereth is know copyrighted by me :)

Josh Warner
05-29-2010, 08:39 AM
The name of my homecity... hm...
If it would be an Orc camp at a cliff maybe Blood Sun Boyz Cliff ? :D
A Human City name hm.... Arem Thereth ?
Arem Thereth is know copyrighted by me :)

When did we slip into the warhammer universe ;)

Khan kreiger
05-29-2010, 08:45 AM
i actually have no idea what to name my city..but if I can name my hero I would give him the name I have on here hopefully

Blackfall234
05-29-2010, 08:58 AM
When did we slip into the warhammer universe ;)

Man thats right :)
Szekthul Rognashk, i think thats better :D

Aelfwine
06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
That's because you're a hippy elf. Not seeing many good orc names, and I'm sure we'll see a billion adaptations of lotr names for the Men unfortunately.

hippy elf!?!??!, how dare you sir... i'll have you know... that ermm... well... you are a TOMATO!

Henry Martin
06-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm sure we'll see a billion adaptations of lotr names for the Men unfortunately.

I don't know that much about LOTR except there was a walk-a-thon for a ring and people murdered each other for it (hey they could have went to the pawn shop:D).

So I am not going to have a LOTR influenced name for my human city. I'll name mine after the late *spoiler* John Marston...RIP:(.:p

Sharku
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM
The Orc city of Grek.

otomotopia
06-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Elven city: Hometree.

We all know someone's going to do it.

Blackfall234
06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Haha 100 % youre right :D
Someones going to do it .

blackfang
06-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Elven city: Hometree.

We all know someone's going to do it.

thats the same as saying someone will call their human city: Minas Tirith

We all know that is coming as well.

what about Orc city: Orgrimmar or perhaps mordor.

Everyone will run out of imagination at some point

Puppeteer
06-14-2010, 07:27 AM
If you look in the latest Elven showcase about regions, there's a "Rivendale"; subtle much?

Yami-Yagari
06-14-2010, 08:59 AM
And a Lorién or Mirkwood to. And still tons of others to use from games.

Puppeteer
06-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Heh, I might bag Menegroth before anyone else does! At least most won't recognise it...

blackfang
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Heh, I might bag Menegroth before anyone else does! At least most won't recognise it...

Let me guess (i got no idea from where) it gotta be either dungeons and dragons, warhammer or... i ran out of orcish options:(

Yami-Yagari
06-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Let me guess (i got no idea from where) it gotta be either dungeons and dragons, warhammer or... i ran out of orcish options:(

Its LOTR (at least Tolkien related). Translates to "Thousand Caves" apparently.

Puppeteer
06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Actually it's not LotR, to be pedantic..

Haha, hell no - I hate all that crap (not offending anyone). Only reason I know about Menegroth, in Doriath, is because I value the Silmarillion as a piece of literature :rolleyes: I wouldn't stoop to stuff like Warhammer/D&D...

Gigz
06-15-2010, 04:32 PM
The Netherworld ^^ should be obvious with my nick , I may go with the Northern Crater , depend what available at the time

blackfang
06-16-2010, 08:57 AM
warhammer 40 k is good, if you like war, despair, mutations, betrayals, blood, gore, zombies, evil robots, organic swarms that want to consume everything, heretics, orcs, good robots, elves with another name (for once) and abandoned spaceships full of evil creeps:D

Khan kreiger
06-16-2010, 11:11 AM
warhammer 40 k is good, if you like war, despair, mutations, betrayals, blood, gore, zombies, evil robots, organic swarms that want to consume everything, heretics, orcs, good robots, elves with another name (for once) and abandoned spaceships full of evil creeps:D

that game isnt even all that good to me....it has a messed up story line they just keep on making new ones and different versions

TheHoboGod
06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I shall name mine Mithrili, to reflect its strength.

Or maybe I will go with a norse name.

Rykarn
06-29-2010, 04:36 PM
I think I will name my city offline. Perhaps no one will attack me then :)

Khan kreiger
06-29-2010, 05:38 PM

lmfao goood idea.....but now that some people will read that will know now ahah:p

blackfang
06-30-2010, 05:56 AM

or perhaps everyone will? computer defended cities are easy targets *graaaah*

Khan kreiger
06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
or perhaps everyone will? computer defended cities are easy targets *graaaah*

yea thats mostly the only targets i will be attacking....they will be easy money, but if i had a rival or somethin i would be attackin him aswell. Oh man i cant wait to play this it will be fun:D .

Michael Mullens
06-30-2010, 02:16 PM
pssshh for all you know AI will be better than the player.

Yami-Yagari
06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
pssshh for all you know AI will be better than the player.

Not necessarily. AI is average in most cases, but can never compare with human intellect and ingenuity.:)

GPS51
06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Not if they play like some of the players I've met online...ugh :confused:

Yami-Yagari
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Ok, in some exceptions AI is superior to players, but you really have to be bad to be on of those exceptions.REALLY bad.:p

Michael Mullens
06-30-2010, 04:26 PM

someone caught on to what I was saying :D

Khan kreiger
06-30-2010, 06:59 PM
The only thing AI can do that we cant....is manage multiple things at the same time.

Michael Mullens
06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
The only thing AI can do that we cant....is manage multiple things at the same time.

technically AI can be programmed to be too good hence difficulty settings but generally even "hard" in actuality is only a step or so above mild. Once upon a time and still in games involving cash pay outs AI cheats.So dont go under estimating AI!!!:cool:

Khan kreiger
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
technically AI can be programmed to be too good hence difficulty settings but generally even "hard" in actuality is only a step or so above mild. Once upon a time and still in games involving cash pay outs AI cheats.So dont go under estimating AI!!!:cool:

Thats true but we can also counter their strategies.....but then again they can do the same. Were kind of equal but we have free will to do things in our own way.

Hanador
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Not sure prolly name it after an old norse word
kaldr - cold
hagi - open meadow
OD hagga - to chop
hross - horse
Something along those lines as for the name of my lord im not really sure ill just google stuff till I find a name I like.

Reapist
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Being a moderate socialite, I like to be more welcoming to those viewing my territory. Don't be surprised if you see my cities being named things like:

Door's open
Takealook
AttackHere
FreeFoodInside (depending on max length)

Basically, you don't ever want to actually do any of those things because terrible things will happen to your armies. =P

Zeluk
07-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Well I walk away for a couple of months come back and just see where this thread has gone!

Glad to see who some of my neighbors are gonna be.

Geomancer
07-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm torn between wanting to use Tolkien elvish, trying to use DoF elvish, or merging some Welsh and/or Gaelic (perhaps...also into elvish). Tolkien elvish is certainly easiest - the Ardalambion is a wealth of resources. DoF elvish is still limited, but also fairly straightforward. Welsh and Gaelic, while interesting, elvish-sounding languages, are still real-life and thus maybe not fantasy enough...

Of course, I could just take the common choice from Dark Age of Camelot and early WoW, and be Llleggolasss, or Aelllrondd, or something absurd like that. But then, I'd rather NOT have a big "kick-me" sign like that on my province...

GPS51
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I prefer gaelish/celtic names. It's as close as we get to elven times and it sounds cool :)

Geomancer
07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I prefer gaelish/celtic names. It's as close as we get to elven times and it sounds cool :)

I like them too, and use them a lot (and, in games that I play with a poorly developed elven language, I use Gaelic/Welsh to fill in), but for this I'm not sure. There's elvish in place already, albeit a limited lexicon thus far, and it almost seems cheap to borrow Tolkien...

I suppose at this point, I'm leaning towards Tolkien elvish (probably a mix of Quenya and Sindarin) with Gaelic/Welsh filling in any roots for which there isn't a readily available Tolkien term. I know that's a lot, but hey it's elvish...it should be really long!

(maybe not Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch long, but long nonetheless - and maybe no quadruple L)

Zeluk
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Thats what I ended up doing for my city. It would be nice to use DoF elvish to create a name but aside from asking the developers to make a city name for me I just went with Tolkien.

teejai
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I've always done something like 'Vale of...' or 'Realm of..' when naming my city, this time though I think I'll make it one word but now that I think of it I don't want to say it as someone might steal it! :p

NanceeJones
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I've always done something like 'Vale of...' or 'Realm of..' when naming my city, this time though I think I'll make it one word but now that I think of it I don't want to say it as someone might steal it! :p

Well you told me what you were going to name your city haha maybe you shouldn't have suggested I check this game out cause I might steal it! :P

blackfang
08-04-2010, 12:28 AM

let me guess you are going to call it valeoftherealm? Its one word:rolleyes:

GeneralFredrik
08-19-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm going to name it: Claspedboards.

It is a tribute to one of my other citys on a different game. I thought it would fit. :p

Arctopus
08-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm going to call my city MORDOR, just like that evil city in Lord of the Rings.

blackfang
08-25-2010, 11:14 AM
By the way mordor is a region not a city, Dol Guldur is a city, Minas Tirith is a city, the Shire was unknown is it a region or a town? anyways mordor is just an area walled in (by mountains) and could not be called a city (no infrastructure at all and to get around required walking through crammed orc masses) Its a perfectly viable name for a city tough:D

Arctopus
08-26-2010, 05:30 AM
By the way mordor is a region not a city, Dol Guldur is a city, Minas Tirith is a city, the Shire was unknown is it a region or a town? anyways mordor is just an area walled in (by mountains) and could not be called a city (no infrastructure at all and to get around required walking through crammed orc masses) Its a perfectly viable name for a city tough:D

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/trollface-3078_preview.jpg

hatakehia
08-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Mount Doom :)

Tamiel
08-31-2010, 04:34 AM
IM going to name my cities after the cities from a book series ive read

Peppovitch
08-31-2010, 06:11 AM
This is always a tough decision for me. I could sit there forever trying to come up with the best name possible. I'd better start now :p

Feweh
08-31-2010, 10:22 PM
"Freecookiesinside"

it'll be awesome.

gonna be a line of sieges

Arctopus
09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Can we reserve names?
for example if you pre-order the game or tested beta.

LiTos456
09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
I think I'll just use up all the Lord of the Rings names as quickly as possible and then put them up on eBay for $10,000 when the game beats WoW.

GPS51
09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Litos.....Sounds good :D

blackfang
09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I think I'll just use up all the Lord of the Rings names as quickly as possible and then put them up on eBay for $10,000 when the game beats WoW.

You know that is among the most profitable suggestions i have ever heard:D Then i will take all the star wars names and sell them on ebay for $20 000 And then i would take the twilight names, then i would acquire the x-man names. Then i would monopolize fantasy names. And after a while unless you want to be named W3Fuc"03M4øx"s3s93(K.o)= Then you have to pay for it:D

tim1983
11-19-2010, 04:08 PM
think im going to name my city after one of the cities from the songs of ice and fire books, since almost all the cities in those books have such good names for fantasy settings. and also because im big fan ofcourse:)

Noel Bohac
11-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Humans, going to be like a king arthor build, but alas the name will not be...

You walk your way to the borderlands and run into the local milita on the road. As you approach one of the men in leatherly armor approches and begins to speak...

"You have just entered the kingdom of Fobia... please whatch your step, people are very skidish around here mate."

You nod and continue on your journey and then thinking of what the man just said to you. You feel an uneze as you journey further into the lands. A thousand eyes seem to wash over your every move as you take each step. Paranoia sets in as you begin to glance in every direction looking for a trap or some sign of invasion.

srpiccoro
11-20-2010, 05:50 AM
You have hust arrived to the city of Culus.....

N3V312M0123
11-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm going to name my city Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, depending on my race. lol jokes. I think i'll go with Cybaris.

Altastico
11-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Altastopia - City of legends :cool:

doom132
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM
mines gonna be Urbis'vita which im pretty sure is city (of) life in latin

jleem21
12-01-2010, 01:47 AM
I lack creativity. I'd just name my cities after a bunch of cities from games like Morrowind and Oblivion. Might even name some after the cities of my island of origin. Question, are there like sections of regions like in the Medieval series and a limit of settlements per each region? Or can you just enter a region and build wherever you feel?

Nimiria
12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Nightfall :)

huso80tr
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
my city is istanbul

Sirstroud
12-02-2010, 10:09 PM
i'm going to call mine Stroudshire - No prizes for guessing why ;)

sordurar
12-03-2010, 05:57 AM
city of terror! or mouth of hell! something evil ofcourse!

Lord_Itzalak
12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I might name my city something like Wajir or Kibao...something Kiswahili like.

Tenebrion
12-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Sunthrone, most likely.

Boomshaker
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I might name it something like Kernavė, if symbols like ąčęėįšųū are aviable

irascor
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
i would name my city after one of the Great citys of history like Alexandria

rtejada
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
was thinking something like my name or my last name.. you know, just how people did it in the old days. Tejada. sounds good.

hogtalare5
12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Im gonna name it Skenning, i think. a human town.

Katana
12-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Probably something like Katar/Takan/ Takar etc. Some variation of my name. Not very original, i know. :o

Chojin
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I have an idea, but you'll see ingame ;)

Nollo
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
The Great Kingdom of Snow!

gatorback05
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Azalya is what i want the name of my city to be...

Kalmarin
12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
My city is going to be named either Praesidium or Infinitus. Because I love Latin and those names are cool. :D

Karamelgemini90
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Mine will either be "Alasmera" or "Desdemona Fer' KeLou" :)

LordShaden
12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Hannah's Jaden Fortress(Keep, Castle) something like that. After my wife and son.

Gr4Ss
12-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Probably going with Eldamar.

Polan
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I will probably grab some name from witcher or other book. I'm not creative :rolleyes:

doomdoom24
12-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Malaz after the island in the "Malazen book of the Fallen"

Taron47
12-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, it'll end up like how I name characters on Oblivion - it always seems to start with a 'V' and contain a 'll' somewhere...
Either that, or Manwood :p
Most of my names have a 'ii' in them. I don't know why...

ZuluDawn
12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Hogwarts or something original like that..

Gwydion
12-04-2010, 10:52 PM
The Inevitable City.

flameoflucifer
12-05-2010, 04:05 AM
well....hmmm...HeartOfHorde...

Benighted
12-05-2010, 04:21 AM
I suppose my city's name would be Persephone hehe

bamato
12-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Mine would be Amsterdam of course :)

sania2
12-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Mine would be Amsterdam of course :)

Ok, at least 100000 amsterdams with indexes 0-99999 in game..

about me - i dont realy think it is important, but sth like "citader of order"...

haski12
12-05-2010, 07:53 AM
I think I´ll call my cite Voittamaton thats invincible on finnish

Nimlot
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Its so hard to come up with a good name for a city :) How do you come up with original cool names? does anyone have a city name generator or something? hehe

maybe i will just play around with the internet anagram generator to come up with a cool name :D

MilwaukeeMac
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Dak Attack

silidur
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Tepartotumadre will be good, means im gonna **** you

Mr.Exit
12-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Ill name it Europe ;)

Mr.Exit
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Or maybe Moon... ;)

alpha30ns
12-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I think i'll call mine "the small peaceful village that has absolutely no defense and no army so go ahead and attack without caution, because there is absolutely no way i could possibly stop you"

.... but my village wont be a village, Infact it will be a huge castle! with major defences! and a huge army! and the only way to penetrate my walls is with a nuke! but we don't have nukes in this game so i will be invincible! :cool: [Sarcasm/off]

but seriously i dont know what i will name my city, probably names from lotr or actual historic places.

Jason Dennic
12-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Great question... I would have to say for a city name, probably Kalistin. It's a name that I've used through a bunch of different games so seems fitting to keep up the tradition.

For a hero, Jason Dennic all the way. It's been my name screen name for a long time and just wouldn't be the same if it wasn't my hero name :)

s8man888
12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Its so hard to come up with a good name for a city :) How do you come up with original cool names? does anyone have a city name generator or something? hehe

maybe i will just play around with the internet anagram generator to come up with a cool name :D

I agree with that. I think my city name will have the words town, city, ville or etc. in it.

Emrus
12-10-2010, 02:17 AM
I ll be naming my city as Nelvoya(if i get in). kinda used to that name, in most of the mmorts games that i played i used that.

Not that it means to anything but yeah,kinda looks eye-candy:D

Mannel
12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I tend to roleplay in the beginning when playing games like DoF and will therefore name my village to something like "Cakkamakk's Hole" or "Drekkagh's Dungeon".

Heh.

Nimlot
12-10-2010, 01:46 PM
i found this if anyone is interested:

http://nine.frenchboys.net/country.php

its a "place name generator" so not really for cities i guess but maybe someone can find it useful for coming up with a name if you are unsure :D

Vimous
12-11-2010, 12:11 PM
I would probably name my kingdom Zeypher or Vim, which means persistent to strive.

kingdominic
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
i will name my city Gifu since that the name i use for my castle in all the games i play:D

Useless
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Date

that would be my city's name

Cathorian
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Something unusual...
Elen Alda - used a little lord of the rings to come up with that one... Star tree (for the elves :D )

and if anyone wants a cool sounding name just go to a fantasy language dictionary online (like the elvish one for lotr) and just put two words together, usually end up sounding pretty cool

Zorander
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Ilithia, i swear to god im gonna hunt down cities that put names like ogrimmar or stormwind. And burn it to the ground...and keep checking back. hehehe :D

reddot
01-20-2011, 01:32 AM
I usually name my town Conelandia after Conan O Brian =D in a comedy wikipedia he was written to be the king/leader of Finland and im finnish so thats where i got that name for it... but if i think of something better i might use it...

Braindawg
01-20-2011, 01:40 AM
I would name my city Númenor, which was the name of a star shaped island in lotr lore that got destroyed. Basically it was the place that the people of Gondor came from before it sunk.